• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel better today, yesterday too. Maybe something I ate or who knows what.  I am moving to Summer Jumpers. See you there.

There has been no option of slowing down for quite some time now. Besides, if I slowed down any more I would be going backwards.  :)

Is it possible to go thru an acute phase as u get low in your taper?

I’m down to 2.3mgV and my symptoms are so different today than ever

I’m really warm. Tons of crying spells. Feel like my mind Is  waking up big time. I feel emotions like crazy and even tho the fog is still there, I feel clarity at the same time.

I’m really scared. Maybe it’s the mental part of this at the end. Thinking that you’re going to crash. Especially when u get new symptoms. I truly feel like this is the end phase. I’ve came off other meds before and this is what it felt like when I stopped them.

So, is it possible that this could be the end phase? Then it’ll get better? I’m really in my head didn’t now and scared and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Modify message

Is it possible to go thru an acute phase as u get low in your taper?

I’m down to 2.3mgV and my symptoms are so different today than ever

I’m really warm. Tons of crying spells. Feel like my mind Is  waking up big time. I feel emotions like crazy and even tho the fog is still there, I feel clarity at the same time.

I’m really scared. Maybe it’s the mental part of this at the end. Thinking that you’re going to crash. Especially when u get new symptoms. I truly feel like this is the end phase. I’ve came off other meds before and this is what it felt like when I stopped them.

So, is it possible that this could be the end phase? Then it’ll get better? I’m really in my head didn’t now and scared and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Modify message

Your taper rate looks effective.  I think you are experiencing the normal ups and downs (waves and windows) of benzo withdrawal.  Benzos take a long time to heal.  Even after you reach zero, you may still take time to fully recover.  Everyone is different.  You symptoms will change with time.  Yes, you can get new symptoms.  But trust, it does get better, just hang in there.

Just a note that I'm off! Took my last dose yesterday. Started 2019 at .375mg split into 3 doses per day and averaged 18 days cut/hold this year each 0.03mg drop taper. Been feeling great and hoping that will continue now that I'm off. My final drop was 0.015 to zero.

Best wishes for all who are still approaching the finish line.

Just a note that I'm off! Took my last dose yesterday. Started 2019 at .375mg split into 3 doses per day and averaged 18 days cut/hold this year each 0.03mg drop taper. Been feeling great and hoping that will continue now that I'm off. My final drop was 0.015 to zero.

Congrats NLAB!!!

I hope things continue to go well for you. Take it easy don’t overdo it too soon. That’s hard to do post jump. Xx

Good for you.  You should have a sense of pride about this.  Perhaps even a sense of loss - like the loss of a person you may not have liked but was stuck in your life and so it is an odd feeling of missing them but mostly relief.

Be patient - this second part varies greatly for different people.  Some have no troubles, others have some healing to do.

jmhp,

I got you PM but my ability to pm back has been restricted for a long time now. Frustrating as I so want to help you and others.

You asked about being floxxed. IF it exists, and I tend to think it does, anyway. In one of my many hospital stays back then I was given IV Levaquin 3 times on separate admission. All three times I suddenly became panicked out of my mind. I did not connect this with benzos. Not back then. Plus my physicians would not GIVE me my benzos while inpatient (pretty mean of him, I know now.) All three times this happened it was markedly like acute wd.

You mentioned possibly jumping off at 0.14 mgs. I would have to guess at that as no one can know how YOU will react. But if it was me, I would jump. I think you should decide this based on what kind of symptoms you currently have, and how strong they are. If unbearable, don't jump. If bearable but miserable anyway, jump. Hope that makes sense to you. I make no secret that I know squat about tapers, and I also do not believe in super long ones. But the mechanics of tapers, I know nothing about, as I went CT off Klonapin 6 mgs and Amnbien 10 mgs.

You can always PM me but I will currently have to answer you this way

east (Annie)

Checking in and checking out. I walked off the taper today! Two years eight months of DLMT of 1mg klonipin. I feel better than ever since the start. I'm moving over to Summer 2019 Jumpers. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I think it's going to go good. Bye 8)

• 1 month later...

Hello to All,

I am new to this website and selected this group first as it best fits my situation.  I am currently at .125 mg klonopin, sadly up-dosed from .0313 in June 2019.  I began tapering 1 mg in October 2017, having had taken 1-2 mg for over 4 years.  I have done a 5-7% cut and hold strategy with some micro-tapering thrown in as needed to get to the hold dose.  I have also been taking 100 mg gabapentin for about 3 years. 

I only took the klonopin and gabapentin for sleep.  (Also had 3 other " sleep supplements" thrown at me as well which I tapered off during the klonopin reductions.)  I saved the gabapentin for last as I knew it would be the most difficult.  I tapered both drugs together last spring, unaware of the impossibility of this.  I had a major melt-down, meaning the symptoms were not only very unpleasant but downright unmanageable.  Anxiety (for the first time in 18 mos.) through the roof which nearly landed me in the ER but did land me in the office of an MD psychiatrist.  (Was using a useless RN prescriber who only gave me what I needed.  Was otherwise clueless).  An up-dose back to .125, re-instating of gabapentin (up to 200 mg) and a short use of Seroquel took care of the anxiety and intractable insomnia. 

I'm now back to .125 Klonopin, 125 mg gabapentin and off the Seroquel. I go down to 100 mg Gabapentin first then begin to taper from .125 klonopin again.  Not sure what my cuts will be.

Hoping to connect with some others near the end for support (especially the insomnia), ideas and help with patience.                             

Hello to All,

I am new to this website and selected this group first as it best fits my situation.  I am currently at .125 mg klonopin, sadly up-dosed from .0313 in June 2019.  I began tapering 1 mg in October 2017, having had taken 1-2 mg for over 4 years.  I have done a 5-7% cut and hold strategy with some micro-tapering thrown in as needed to get to the hold dose.  I have also been taking 100 mg gabapentin for about 3 years. 

I only took the klonopin and gabapentin for sleep.  (Also had 3 other " sleep supplements" thrown at me as well which I tapered off during the klonopin reductions.)  I saved the gabapentin for last as I knew it would be the most difficult.  I tapered both drugs together last spring, unaware of the impossibility of this.  I had a major melt-down, meaning the symptoms were not only very unpleasant but downright unmanageable.  Anxiety (for the first time in 18 mos.) through the roof which nearly landed me in the ER but did land me in the office of an MD psychiatrist.  (Was using a useless RN prescriber who only gave me what I needed.  Was otherwise clueless).  An up-dose back to .125, re-instating of gabapentin (up to 200 mg) and a short use of Seroquel took care of the anxiety and intractable insomnia. 

I'm now back to .125 Klonopin, 125 mg gabapentin and off the Seroquel. I go down to 100 mg Gabapentin first then begin to taper from .125 klonopin again.  Not sure what my cuts will be.

Hoping to connect with some others near the end for support (especially the insomnia), ideas and help with patience.                           

Welcome to the group.

It used to be a lot more active but I’m here for you.

Like you I mostly took Klonopin in order to help me with anxiety induced insomnia. So we have that in common for discussion. You can read my signature to get an update of where I am now. Please ask any questions-everyone’s here to support each other.

Six weeks off tomorrow and doing great. No issues at all. I still appreciate so much every day that I no longer have stomach pain.

Plan to start the escitalopram taper in 2.5 weeks after returning from my vacation.

Thank you Bob7 for welcoming me to the thread/group.  I live in a relatively small community and while well supported by family and friends, I have felt isolated in this benzo tapering journey.  I also have supportive professionals who I see but none truly understands the experience.  I often feel perceived as an outlier.  This despite the plethora of online posts of individual experiences with Benzo reduction. 

One of the many difficult aspects of this process is not  being able to tell people what is going on.  I am very open with those I know and trust but am reticent to share my benzo issues with just anyone.  Throughout my taper (since October 2017) I have had the good fortune to have continued my activities and social life when times are better.  I still do some form of exercise nearly every day, engage with the community and participate in my daughter's active life.  Then the crappy days come. 

How to tell folks that I'm too tired to do a seemingly simple thing because I've been awake nearly all night?  Or to say "I can't do that" because of sharp muscle pain or weakness?  Or to decline an invitation to a concert because it starts at 7 PM and I will be wiped out by 8? 

The long-haul is also so difficult to convey.  "Yes, I am still doing this."

Long story shortened: I am grateful to find a forum where I can talk about what is going with people who do not require explanation, and to support others in the same boat.

Congrats to you on finishing your taper!  We are similar in that I also had to up-dose and stabilize at .125 before continuing.  Been doing so since mid-June.  I did stabilize another time, Christmas of last year, at .187 when I went to Australia for 3 weeks.  (A big sleep challenge but I'm glad I went.)  I found that after stabilizing for almost 3 months that the next tapers were not too difficult.  The problem came when I tried to go off 100 mg (smallest dose) of Gabapentin at the same time. 

I'm going to resume my clonazepam taper in the next few weeks and I'll see what I can handle.  Did read your daily microtaper post.  Doing a symptom rating is smart, I think.  I do a nightly sleep rating. 

Thank you to all who read this, please stay in touch.  I FEEL BETTER JUST GETTING THIS OUT!

So grateful...  And so proud of all of you who are brave enough to go through this.                           

Monray60,

No doubt the anxiety induce insomnia (or whatever kills the sleep) is the hardest part of all this.

I have thought, if I can just get enough sleep, I can handle the other symptoms, even if they are painful.  I can grit through pain, but being tired sucks.  I too have to decline going out with friends due to being exhausted.

I do have good days - not sure why - I try so many over the counter meds - with hit and miss results.  But the good days are so good.

Hang in there.  You can be off 0.125 mg in less than a year.  Then it is on to healing completely.

Thank you for the encouragement Bob7,

I agree, the insomnia is the hardest part.  Who knows the exact source other than reducing a sedative after long-term is like taking a stimulant.  I too can get through the other stuff OK if my sleep is better.  Have had some success with OTC sleep aids that target histamines.  But during my bout of anxiety they were not only useless but resulted in increased drowsiness due to long half-life.

So glad you are having some good days.  Aren't they great?  So reassuring to feel like oneself.  I wish you more and more of them.   

Thank you for being here.   

Thank you for the encouragement Bob7,

I agree, the insomnia is the hardest part.  Who knows the exact source other than reducing a sedative after long-term is like taking a stimulant.  I too can get through the other stuff OK if my sleep is better.  Have had some success with OTC sleep aids that target histamines.  But during my bout of anxiety they were not only useless but resulted in increased drowsiness due to long half-life.

So glad you are having some good days.  Aren't they great?  So reassuring to feel like oneself.  I wish you more and more of them.   

Thank you for being here. 

Welcome!! I was where you are a year ago...almost done, you can do it!

Blossom4

Thank you for the encouragement. I have not doubt that I can do it, patience is the key.  Wishing you well with  your journey.  You've made amazing progress!

Blossom4

Thank you for the encouragement. I have not doubt that I can do it, patience is the key.  Wishing you well with  your journey.  You've made amazing progress!

Thank you so much! it's almost time for my jump and I am a bit nervous...but I trust God and my body...definitely will let you guys know.

And yes, patience is the key! + good nutrition and support from our loved ones

I am a food and herb/supplementation lover if you have any questions :)

Blossom4

Very exciting that you are near your jump off. It is totally understandable that you are nervous, who would not be? The French have a wonderful saying for situations like these:

Bon  courage.

It literally means “good courage“  and is used to where we often say “good luck“. We all know it is not luck that we need but rather courage.

Just remember we are all here to listen to and support you. Also keep in mind that we are all individuals and your jump off doesn’t have to be extremely difficult. It will be what it is, right?

Blossom4

Very exciting that you are near your jump off. It is totally understandable that you are nervous, who would not be? The French have a wonderful saying for situations like these:

Bon  courage.

It literally means “good courage“  and is used to where we often say “good luck“. We all know it is not luck that we need but rather courage.

Just remember we are all here to listen to and support you. Also keep in mind that we are all individuals and your jump off doesn’t have to be extremely difficult. It will be what it is, right?

Thank you so much for your words! I really needed some support.. I am being as positive as I can :)

I am visualizing myself off this meds and very calm, I am trying to attract positive things, even though benzo withdrawal is mostly physical the mind plays a very important role and I am conscious about it, so I'm trying to stay away from negative thoughts, that's why also I stayed away from the forum a little bit, reading some of the posts have made my mind wonder more than it should.

Bon Courage!