Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

I did it!  I finished my taper!  Let the healing begin...

Circlestar

Congrats Circlestar!! Please do keep us posted on how you’re doing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Circlestar

That's so awesome circlestar! You did it! I'm so happy for you!

Circlestar

Happy for you!  Congratulations!!

Circlestar

[/quote

So glad you made it. Brain gone. Dont remember how to reply. Anyway. Goodchance

Down to .020  Right arm almost useless. Left a little better. Pain does not stop now. Constant. All other symptoms better. Now mostly just pain.

Down to .020  Right arm almost useless. Left a little better. Pain does not stop now. Constant. All other symptoms better. Now mostly just pain.

Great progress Goodchance we’re almost there!

My symptoms have changed a bit. I’m a bit stronger and can stand or walk for longer than a minute or two. But now have pressure in my ears, heightened anxiety, and increased dizziness. Also feeling depression and getting headaches which is new. I’ve had muscle stiffness and soreness for some time now so that’s not new. I think I’m at .006 now, doubling to .002 reductions so I can jump this weekend.

Hang in there we will make it Goodchance.

What is the taper rate you guys are doing that you have found successful (percentage wise)

For me it has really depended on my symptoms. I’ve reduced as little as 5% and as much as 30-40% when I was earlier in my taper. I don’t follow percentages but instead do amounts until my body tells me to slow down. I know that’s not the norm but it’s worked for me. Everyone is healing at different rates and unique. So it’s difficult to advise.

I’m using a scale as well. Are you micro tapering?

CMZ, you can see in my siggy I was cutting and holding until I reached around .111. C&H worked for me because I work so I could pick when I would cut and experience the bulk of my symptoms when I didn’t have as much going on or a slow weekend, etc. So it worked well until it didn’t. I couldn’t weigh very accurately at the very low dose and also I became more sensitive to cuts so it made sense to start the micro. I started reducing at .001 and it went fine so I continued at that rate. But tried to speed things up a few days and ended up with symptoms and holding for a week or two. Overall it’s gone well relatively speaking.

I’m using a scale as well. Are you micro tapering?

CMZ, you can see in my siggy I was cutting and holding until I reached around .111. C&H worked for me because I work so I could pick when I would cut and experience the bulk of my symptoms when I didn’t have as much going on or a slow weekend, etc. So it worked well until it didn’t. I couldn’t weigh very accurately at the very low dose and also I became more sensitive to cuts so it made sense to start the micro. I started reducing at .001 and it went fine so I continued at that rate. But tried to speed things up a few days and ended up with symptoms and holding for a week or two. Overall it’s gone well relatively speaking.

Is that .001 weight of the pill, or milligrams? If it’s the weight of the pill, what’s your pill weight and pill strength?

Hi all, I am officially DONE! I took my last dose last night, stepping off at .003 mg. Looking forward to seeing what the next phase brings!

Hi all, I am officially DONE! I took my last dose last night, stepping off at .003 mg. Looking forward to seeing what the next phase brings!

Yay! Mountaintop!!!  Welcome to the other side!  I am 8 days off now.  So far my sxs are very similar to taper.  Perhaps a bit clearer headed.  Perhaps a tiny bit less anxious.  Sleeping a little LESS.  Ugh!  The low level anxiety is both physical and mental.  Definitely a big improvement from a year ago, though.  I'm trying to take one day at a time.

Keep in touch!  We're jump buddies!

Circlestar

Goodchance,

This is a long and winding road.  We will persevere.  You're doing great.  Just keep going one day at a time.  You got this!

Circlestar

Congratulations jumpers!  I finished  4/25 - was going along pretty well but think I triggered major symptoms with a new "herbal" sleep medicine I found- It was incredible- a new product from Canada -U-Dream- went to sleep within 1/2 hour and slept through the night-a miracle-  Except by day 5 I started feeling anxious towards night time- then it turned into complete panic that lasted 2 days- I stopped the U-Dream and now I haven't slept in 2 days and have extreme anxiety- Don't want to bum everyone out- I truly believe it was from this sleep aid-so I guess that's a lesson to others- be very careful for a while of the supplements you take.  When something is too good to be true it probably is-  For those without withdrawal this aid would be amazing-

My question to all is -how does one find a  therapist who understands this stuff?  Am going to call Stephen Wright- the doc who seems to be leading the charge-he's in Colorado-  But I'm in Boston and one would think with all the hospital and medical teaching centers it would be easy- I've asked every health professional I know (and my husband is a doc) and no one has any idea- Even a psychiatrist friend at McClean Hospital which is known for addiction help- couldn't think of anyone- Makes me think they don't believe it should be this big a problem.  I just need to know this too shall pass-hard to see it when you're in the middle- 

Yay! Mountaintop!!!  Welcome to the other side!  I am 8 days off now.  So far my sxs are very similar to taper.  Perhaps a bit clearer headed.  Perhaps a tiny bit less anxious.  Sleeping a little LESS.  Ugh!  The low level anxiety is both physical and mental.  Definitely a big improvement from a year ago, though.  I'm trying to take one day at a time.

Keep in touch!  We're jump buddies!

Circlestar

Thanks Circlestar! I sure will!

What is the taper rate you guys are doing that you have found successful (percentage wise)

For me it has really depended on my symptoms. I’ve reduced as little as 5% and as much as 30-40% when I was earlier in my taper. I don’t follow percentages but instead do amounts until my body tells me to slow down. I know that’s not the norm but it’s worked for me. Everyone is healing at different rates and unique. So it’s difficult to advise.

Mountaintop1,

I see you jumped at zero, congratulations, you earned this. Now you must take care of yourself in order to handle the second phase because it could take months or year before you’re fully recovered. Just be patient and hang in there.

Thanks so much Bob. About two weeks ago I noticed I had a bit more stamina back. After several months I can run a few errands and stand up for a while without feeling too dizzy. I wasn’t sure what to expect after stepping off but the last few days have thankfully been pretty uneventful. Still some symptoms but manageable. I was able to make pancakes yesterday and ran some errands, it was really wonderful. The challenge will be not overdoing it. Getting as much rest as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am so excited to see this thread still going.  It's great to see that a few of you have walked off.  And a few familiar faces!  Hi Bob and Kristin!

I don't know when I will be on here again so I'll just check in.

I was doing fairly well with about the same symptoms as during my taper until about month 3.  Then things got really good and then they got bad again and I had what is sometimes called the "6 month wave".  That lasted a little while and really sucked.  But, things started turning around again at about 8 months and today at almost 11 months off I am feeling really good.  I feel pretty normal most of the time with some residual symptoms like histamine stuff and itchiness and after traveling for a few days I was super exhausted, but, I am able to drive and socialize and work. 

I don't know what the future has in store.  I could have a few more waves before this is over.  I truly hope not! But I just want to tell y'all it DOES GET BETTER.  I am way way better than I was during the taper.

Lots of love and luck.

WW23

Hi everyone! I am so excited to see this thread still going.  It's great to see that a few of you have walked off.  And a few familiar faces!  Hi Bob and Kristin!

I don't know when I will be on here again so I'll just check in.

I was doing fairly well with about the same symptoms as during my taper until about month 3.  Then things got really good and then they got bad again and I had what is sometimes called the "6 month wave".  That lasted a little while and really sucked.  But, things started turning around again at about 8 months and today at almost 11 months off I am feeling really good.  I feel pretty normal most of the time with some residual symptoms like histamine stuff and itchiness and after traveling for a few days I was super exhausted, but, I am able to drive and socialize and work. 

I don't know what the future has in store.  I could have a few more waves before this is over.  I truly hope not! But I just want to tell y'all it DOES GET BETTER.  I am way way better than I was during the taper.

Lots of love and luck.

WW23

Thanks for checking in wonder woman. We all miss you. I’m also doing better and it’s been a little over 10 months since I’ve been off benzos. My only real worry now is anxiety induced insomnia and blood pressure.

Welp it's official. Last night I jumped off and for the first time in 11 months, I did not take my daily dose. The final amount was around .005mg. I'm still dealing with some symptoms, intermittent insomnia probably the worst of it, but I felt real healing the lower I got. Thanks for the support everybody!