Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Bob7, I read on your progress log about taking GABA for sleep, what brand are you using?

Thanks

Blossom

I am currently using Now Foods Gaba pure powder but I don't like having to measure it with a spoon.  I only want to take about 100 mg so it is like 1/8 of a teaspoon.

I just ordered a 100mg chewable tablet version - see link here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B95J2QI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I know it is helping me relax so people who say it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier must have a different brain.

Haha totally agree, let me know how that brand and presentation works for you.

Blossom

I’ve been using it for three days now and my sleep is better -  in particular in the early morning.  Maybe I should take it earlier in the day so that helps me earlier in my sleep cycle.

I’m also getting headaches and I don’t know if that’s from gabba or from allergy season is upon us in Missouri.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob7, I read on your progress log about taking GABA for sleep, what brand are you using?

Thanks

Blossom

I am currently using Now Foods Gaba pure powder but I don't like having to measure it with a spoon.  I only want to take about 100 mg so it is like 1/8 of a teaspoon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B95J2QI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I know it is helping me relax so people who say it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier must have a different brain.

Blossom

I’ve been using it for three days now and my sleep is better -  in particular in the early morning.  Maybe I should take it earlier in the day so that helps me earlier in my sleep cycle.

I’m also getting headaches and I don’t know if that’s from gabba or from allergy season is upon us in Missouri.

It has been 4 days experimenting with GABA.  I don't think it is helping enough to be worth the risk of taking it.  I mean, I don't know what it is doing to my receptors.  So I am going to stop it.

I would like to know if you crush your pills? Also what did you use for liquid titration? I want to start my taper. Im at .5 klonopin once a day.

Thanks

Blossom

Blossom

It has been 4 days experimenting with GABA.  I don't think it is helping enough to be worth the risk of taking it.  I mean, I don't know what it is doing to my receptors.  So I am going to stop it.

Did your sleep improve greatly?

How do you feel in general?

Thanks

Blossom

Blossom

The GABA really didn’t seem to help. And I think it might’ve given me a mild headache.

I am now trying Seriphos -  The original formula which apparently they changed back to in 2016 after people complained. I have tried it for two nights now and both nights I’ve slept better  I think tonight I’m gonna take it at 5 PM instead of 7 PM because I wake up groggy.

But to sleep again is wonderful.  Now I know two days is not a lot of data so let me just say so far so good on the Seriphos. 

Thanks

Blossom

Ok Bob I wish you the best and keep us posted

Blossom

The GABA really didn’t seem to help. And I think it might’ve given me a mild headache.

I am now trying Seriphos -  The original formula which apparently they changed back to in 2016 after people complained. I have tried it for two nights now and both nights I’ve slept better  I think tonight I’m gonna take it at 5 PM instead of 7 PM because I wake up groggy.

But to sleep again is wonderful.  Now I know two days is not a lot of data so let me just say so far so good on the Seriphos.

Thanks

Blossom

Blossom

???

Thanks

Blossom

Blossom

???

Finger mistake!!! Hope this works for you Bob!

Much love

Blossom

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there under .125 buddies,

I’ve now been on the dry taper for a bit over a month and it was going great. Then last week I gradually started feeling more symptomatic with dizziness, fatigue, headaches and very mild hallucinations but still unnerving. With about 45 days to go I was hoping things would get easier not worse but here I am. I’m still walking 1 mile a day although it’s tough. I wouldn’t want to hold or slow down at this point but I may have to to keep working and taking care of the kids. I also have an interview next week and don’t want to show up a mess. Has anyone else experienced this around this time in their taper? If you proceeded did it get batter or do you think I should hold for a while then keep going? I know you can’t tell me what to do per se but just curious what you all think you’re my only source of info and support. I’m so torn between wanting to be done and needing to function. Thanks all.

[91...]

Hi mountain!

You've  already been thru a long taper. Adding one or two months won't hurt you, all the contrary. The last stages of the taper were more sensitive to me. If you have to hold then Hold. As long as you don't increase the dose is ok. Evaluate the  symptoms and not the time. It's not a race. And most of all get distracted. Don't make the taper be the main thing of your life.

Regards,

Miguel

Mountaintop,

I ran into increased sxs at about the same place.  So what I did was slow down my taper rather than hold.  I just wanted to feel like I was still moving forward.  It did help.  I know it’s disappointing to push back the end date. 

Circlestar

Just checking in. Down to .031 of K. Pain in joints, bones, tendons, muscles. Can’t take opiates. Took 2, 5mg. hydrocodone last year. Made me sick for 3 weeks. It was like cutting way too much. Yoga is painful. Can’t do all the stretches anymore. Light workout with weights is a killer. Pain for days after. Much reduced. Was swimming, now much less. Pain keeping me awake. Slowed to .00025 a day March 5th or so.  Now at 25% a month. Never tapered using percentages but keep track anyway. Symtom  based only. Holding never helped me but I only held a few times. Short holds of 20 days. Won’t slow down again. Hope everyone gets well. Goodchance

Keep up the good work everybody-you can do this. It does get better.  I’m not one hundred percent better yet but I am a lot better.    Don’t lose hope.

Thank you Miguel, Circlestar and Bob. Yes I’m sure you’re right and holding is for the best. Now that I look back at my message it seems a bit silly. I could barely function so I needed to hold but it wasn’t clear to me last week. I was so confused Ha I’ve held now for 3 or 4 days and I think the hallucinations are gone. I’m less dizzy and fewer headaches. Still fatigued if I walk pretty much anywhere- to a store, up the stairs in my house, etc. But I was able to work today whereas I didn’t get much done last week. So definite improvement. It’s disappointing I won’t be done when planned but maybe it’s for the best and I can enjoy the summer a bit more at a slower pace. I’ve accepted it now. No more staring at my excel spreadsheet every night I was kind of obsessed. I’ll be glad when this fatigue leaves me. This is something fairly new the last few months. Want to be able to go more places with the kids. For now anywhere that requires long walks is off limits. So funny when one thing leaves something else takes its place. Still waiting for the weight loss I keep hearing about. Not sure if I’ll start back at .0005 or go to .001 again. It almost doesn’t seem to matter as if our brains have their limits and time tables. The math catches up to us so we end when and where we are meant to end. Distraction is the key now. On the freedom trail....

I'm at .03 now. Things have actually gotten better on my end. A lot of very difficult symptoms have not been around for about a month now and I've been able to finally, after months of being bedbound, get outside and get simple errands done. By no means am I in the clear. I still have symptoms daily and I had my first 0 hour sleep night in awhile, but my mind is dealing with everything a lot better. Hopefully it stays this way as I continue to get lower.

Wishing you all the best! Thanks for the support you've given me when I was seriously struggling. I'll update as I go increasingly lower and finally get off this awfulness.

I'm right behind you and just came back from my doctor who I can tell doesn't think the symptoms are that real- he thinks that I'm being hypersensitive (probably am) and that I just have to plow through and finish now- He says .05 its a minuscule amount and that I can drop it right now-  He also said he's never had a benzo withdrawal patient with the symptoms I have-  My husband was there- he's also a doc- and I know they were both rolling eyes- even though they insist they're not-  Was helpful to me to see that you had really bad symptoms at .05mg k as I'm experiencing -also that it's gotten better-  Did you consider jumping at this point?  Part of me just wants it over and I can't imagine having worse symptoms (fatigue, interior shaking, muscle pains, insomnia etc)  Was Ashton the reason you continue to taper?  Sounds like you're getting better already though! So good to hear. . .  Just sent my doc this Youtube by a doc who has formed a group for medical professionals to study what's going on with benzos-  he calls himself a recovering prescriber-  he even apologized to all his patients that he started on these horrible drugs- 
Definitely worth watching- it's about time!

Menemsha, I’m glad to write your doc and husband a personal letter describing my symptoms and journey as it sounds like our sx are similar. I think the worst thing about this process is no one other than Buddies seem to understand.

Fox- I’m so glad to hear you are feeling better and you’re nearing the end of this. Please do keep us posted we are all so close. I’m proud of all of us.

Mountaintop1. Thanks for the offer but I know that they think that finding anything- even comparable symptoms - on the internet is bogus.  The lol just know I’m doing the right thing, try to ignore and push through symptoms and continue on the path. The hypersensitivity is a wd effect so if I can try to stop my brain from constant scanning my journey will be easier. Distraction could be the answer.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

I’m at .02.  Just want to encourage everyone to keep it up!  We’re getting there! 

Circlestar

Nice job Star!! You’re in the home stretch!

Hey guys

I'm stuck at .001. So scared to step off if I'm feeling like this on it. Lately, I usually feel worse after taking it. I sped up at .01 mg but wonder if I should have slowed down, or just jumped. Below .01 it's gotten so much harder. Is it even worth holding a few days or a week then cutting to .0005 or doing DLMT to .0001? Am I just kindling with each dose? Does going to zero even after small slow and low cuts seem like CT for some?

Sorry for all the questions that no one can answer for sure.

Sx lately: chemical and mental fear and anxiety, occasional DR, inner tension/pressure like about to explode, fluctuating HR and some palps, tinnitus and distorted sounds/hyperacusis, caustic/burning/electric sensations, difficulty swallowing, a few others.

Thanks

Pete

Hey guys

I'm stuck at .001. So scared to step off if I'm feeling like this on it. Lately, I usually feel worse after taking it. I sped up at .01 mg but wonder if I should have slowed down, or just jumped. Below .01 it's gotten so much harder. Is it even worth holding a few days or a week then cutting to .0005 or doing DLMT to .0001? Am I just kindling with each dose? Does going to zero even after small slow and low cuts seem like CT for some?

Sx lately: chemical and mental fear and anxiety, occasional DR, inner tension/pressure like about to explode, fluctuating HR and some palps, tinnitus and distorted sounds/hyperacusis, caustic/burning/electric sensations, difficulty swallowing, a few others.

Thanks

Pete

Hey Pete,

If you are at 0.001 mg of Klonopin I think you are just feeling symptoms for reductions made during your taper.

I personally don't think things will go horrible if you go to zero now.

I have been at zero for 8 months and I still have waves and windows.

I would go to zero if I were you and get started on Phase II.  Phase II is "how long at zero before all symptoms end".

The sooner you start, the sooner you will be done.

B

Hey guys

Thanks

Pete

Hey Pete,

If you are at 0.001 mg of Klonopin I think you are just feeling symptoms for reductions made during your taper.

I personally don't think things will go horrible if you go to zero now.

I have been at zero for 8 months and I still have waves and windows.

I would go to zero if I were you and get started on Phase II.  Phase II is "how long at zero before all symptoms end".

The sooner you start, the sooner you will be done.

B

Pete,

I agree with Bob.  It’s time for you to move on.  The med has no therapeutic benefit here and you’re so low that the sxs are unlikely to be from taper.  I doubt you will feel any worse by stopping the med.  You can do this!  Give yourself permission to stop the doses tonight and forever!

Circlestar