Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Under .125 Klonopin Club

[Wo...]

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing somehow good. Two days ago I returned from a trip with my husband. It was a long 3 week trip and I am very tired. My concern is that the day returning to my hometown I went to the airport restroom to pee and I obviously didn’t sit on the toilet, while I was looking down to make sure I was “not missing” the spot I lost balance while looking down on the toilet, didn’t fall but I stumbled.

I thought it was that I was tired and woke up very early, so I didn’t pay much attention.

Today I woke up in the middle of the night to pee again and when I went back to bed I felt dizzy again, I then worried.

I’ve been holding on .125 for a while, like 2 months. I don’t know what to think. I’m afraid Of MS....

Going to the dr next week.

Oh, I was about to begin my direct dry taper.... I guess I’ll have to hold a bit more....oh and in this 2 months holding I NEVER experienced this before...maybe a thyroid problem? :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Gr...]

• [Kr...]

• [Wo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[f9...]

Hi Blossom !  :smitten:

I'm going thru the same issue now after a few days I finished my taper. I also feel nauseous.

I found out last year that I had some hearing loss and that would produce some kind of dizziness but the fact that is more noticeable now than before makes me think that the withdrawal of k may have something to do with it. If you feel it just when you move your head in unusual position or just after getting up in the morning that's something normal and should go in some days. Mine only occurs in the morning and when I oversleep. It has diminished a lot after I tried the exercise that it's shown on the video below. Give it a try ! Remember! this drugs induced weird sensations in our body and mind plus the fact that we are monitoring yourselves all the time makes it worse.

Hope it helps!

Miguel

Woohoo .050mg k left! Eq. of 1mg V.  Never could even dream of being here with just a little left to go. Reducing with DLMT @ .0005 a day. 100 days at this speed to get to zero. Used to 3 months seemed like a long time. Now it's nothing. Three months, big deal.

Most bad sym. much better than in the beginning and for the first year and a half. Real sick then. No mind no memory. Million fears. Trouble sleeping. DR/DP. SI. Blind rage. Extreme weight loss. 50 pounds in 4 months or so. Gained back 30 lbs.  Survival times. Things have gotten better since about .125 k. I laugh sometimes now. Feel emotions other than fear and rage. Still have fatigue, tinnitus, cog fog, nervousness and anxiety. Have hope that I might make it after all. Hope. Had zero hope for so long. Sometimes during a window I would have a little hope only for it to be dashed at the next wave. So I quit hoping altogether. Well it’s back now and I hope (lol) for good.  Iv’e been tapering for 2 years 3 months.

Waves are shorter and less intense.  Wake less times during the night. Some people on here seem to have trouble with the last little bit. I hope the last little bit isn’t from .05 on down. I don’t want to slow down again but guess I will if I have to. At 30% a month now. Way faster than ever before. 10 to 16% was my zone. Sick and uncomfortable but could function, sort of. At this low dose it seems OK. I believe this is a low dose. This poison is powerful beyond my ability to understand. But i’m convinced that .125 and .100 mg. k are not low doses but high.

Bright side of all this is I’ve quit drinking. Drank one time at the beginning of taper. Will never drink again. A am a recovering alcoholic. Will not risk a return of sym. for a drink.

I quit smoking a little over a year ago. Can breathe again. Reduced some sym. when I stopped. Easiest thing I’ve ever done. Nicotine withdrawal is a complete joke compared to this taper. Actually I never noticed any symtoms from quitting. I think it was because I couldn’t remember I wanted a smoke. Smoked a pack a day for 35 years. No pain or suffering that I’ve experienced in life compares to this. I get through this I can get through anything.

I exercise daily. Gym, swim, bike, hike, etc.  Best shape of my life. The exercise is greatly reduced from before taper but it helped me distract. 

I eat healthy. All thanks to this taper. So see it's a good thing. Sort of. Well O.K. its hell on earth but I’ll come out the other side better for it. 

I plan on walking off @ 0.000. Thanks everybody for saving my life. Literally.  Goodchance

Woohoo .050mg k left! Eq. of 1mg V.  Never could even dream of being here with just a little left to go. Reducing with DLMT @ .0005 a day. 100 days at this speed to get to zero. Used to 3 months seemed like a long time. Now it's nothing. Three months, big deal.

Most bad sym. much better than in the beginning and for the first year and a half. Real sick then. No mind no memory. Million fears. Trouble sleeping. DR/DP. SI. Blind rage. Extreme weight loss. 50 pounds in 4 months or so. Gained back 30 lbs.  Survival times. Things have gotten better since about .125 k. I laugh sometimes now. Feel emotions other than fear and rage. Still have fatigue, tinnitus, cog fog, nervousness and anxiety. Have hope that I might make it after all. Hope. Had zero hope for so long. Sometimes during a window I would have a little hope only for it to be dashed at the next wave. So I quit hoping altogether. Well it’s back now and I hope (lol) for good.  Iv’e been tapering for 2 years 3 months.

Waves are shorter and less intense.  Wake less times during the night. Some people on here seem to have trouble with the last little bit. I hope the last little bit isn’t from .05 on down. I don’t want to slow down again but guess I will if I have to. At 30% a month now. Way faster than ever before. 10 to 16% was my zone. Sick and uncomfortable but could function, sort of. At this low dose it seems OK. I believe this is a low dose. This poison is powerful beyond my ability to understand. But i’m convinced that .125 and .100 mg. k are not low doses but high.

Bright side of all this is I’ve quit drinking. Drank one time at the beginning of taper. Will never drink again. A am a recovering alcoholic. Will not risk a return of sym. for a drink.

I quit smoking a little over a year ago. Can breathe again. Reduced some sym. when I stopped. Easiest thing I’ve ever done. Nicotine withdrawal is a complete joke compared to this taper. Actually I never noticed any symtoms from quitting. I think it was because I couldn’t remember I wanted a smoke. Smoked a pack a day for 35 years. No pain or suffering that I’ve experienced in life compares to this. I get through this I can get through anything.

I exercise daily. Gym, swim, bike, hike, etc.  Best shape of my life. The exercise is greatly reduced from before taper but it helped me distract. 

I eat healthy. All thanks to this taper. So see it's a good thing. Sort of. Well O.K. its hell on earth but I’ll come out the other side better for it. 

I plan on walking off @ 0.000. Thanks everybody for saving my life. Literally.  Goodchance

Congratulations to you.

You are doing so well.

It is wonderful to see people getting their lives back.

In addition, having almost lost you life, you will appreciate the rest of it.

You can never be sure why things happen but trusting God is always good.

Bob

Blossom that is strange. I find that most strange unexplainable symptoms I’ve had over the years have all been k induced so this dizziness you’re experiencing probably is too. Looks like we are both holding for now. I have no idea when I’ll start again or what method I’ll use just getting healthy again.

I agree goodchance this situation has made me much healthier in my habits overall. I will say my borderline drinking problem (really just a half glass to a glass of wine a night which was a lot for me) was k induced, I was in tolerance withdrawal and craved alcohol. I know that now. Just thought back then the stress made me want to drink. Who knew? Ha Congrars on your .05 you are so very close!

Awesome Goodchance!  I’m right there with you, buddie!

So glad to hear from you...I was wondering where you were.

Your excitement is so inspiring!!  Let’s finish this!

Circlestar

Hi Blossom !  :smitten:

I'm going thru the same issue now after a few days I finished my taper. I also feel nauseous.

I found out last year that I had some hearing loss and that would produce some kind of dizziness but the fact that is more noticeable now than before makes me think that the withdrawal of k may have something to do with it. If you feel it just when you move your head in unusual position or just after getting up in the morning that's something normal and should go in some days. Mine only occurs in the morning and when I oversleep. It has diminished a lot after I tried the exercise that it's shown on the video below. Give it a try ! Remember! this drugs induced weird sensations in our buddy and mind plus the fact that we are monitoring yourselves all the time makes it worse.

Hope it helps!

Miguel

Hi Miguel, thank you so much for responding, it gave me a little bit of hope knowing that I’m not the only one experiencing this. I will definitely give the exercise a try! I never experienced this before and worried me...I read that it could be a middle ear problem, I’ll check that with my Dr. .

I had a cup of chamomile tea this morning and calmed my symptoms a bit.

Much love sent and thank you very much for your support :smitten:

Mountaintop I know this is so weird, never happened to me before, I think it was all the traveling and lack of rest. I really don’t know. I hope you feel better so you can taper down again. You are doing so much better than me. I send you lots of love :smitten: keep me posted

Congratulations!!! I also quit drinking, smoking a year ago, and also exercising! My besh wishes for you!!! :smitten: much love

Bob and Greencup,

I'm so glad you are both past the finish line. You've both suggested I drop .001 a day. I REALLY want to but have alot of symptoms so I'm crawling now. Maybe I'm being too wimpy here or maybe not. My symptoms range from parasthesia, tinnitus and mild agitation and anxiety on a good day to electric shocks, fasciasions, chemical fear, inner tension, insomnia, palpitations, fluctuating heart, extreme muscle tightness, etc on a bad day to the point I can't work. When you were both dropping .001 a day, what were your baseline symptoms? It may help me make a more informed decision.

Thanks

Pete

Bob and Greencup,

I'm so glad you are both past the finish line. You've both suggested I drop .001 a day. I REALLY want to but have alot of symptoms so I'm crawling now. Maybe I'm being too wimpy here or maybe not. My symptoms range from parasthesia, tinnitus and mild agitation and anxiety on a good day to electric shocks, fasciasions, chemical fear, inner tension, insomnia, palpitations, fluctuating heart, extreme muscle tightness, etc on a bad day to the point I can't work. When you were both dropping .001 a day, what were your baseline symptoms? It may help me make a more informed decision.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

When I was dropping 0.001 mg per day, my symptoms range from anxiety induced insomnia all the way to chest pains and erratic heart rate.

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much.

I wish you the best.

Bob

Bob and Greencup,

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

When I was dropping 0.001 mg per day, my symptoms range from anxiety induced insomnia all the way to chest pains and erratic heart rate.

I wish you the best.

Bob

By the way, I used Buspar for a couple of weeks which seems to make the symptoms more tolerable.

Bob and Greencup,

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

I wish you the best.

Bob

By the way, I used Buspar for a couple of weeks which seems to make the symptoms more tolerable.

Bob, were you taking Buspar at the beginning of your taper? Or was it prescribed to help with symptoms?

Thanks

Bob and Greencup,

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

I wish you the best.

Bob

Bob, were you taking Buspar at the beginning of your taper? Or was it prescribed to help with symptoms?

Thanks

Hi Blossom4,

It was prescribed to help with symptoms.  During my taper, my heart beat and chest pain got real bad and I went to the ER to check for a heart condition.  They said my heart was fine.  I went to heart doctors.  Again, no problems with heart.  My doctor decided the issue was caused by anxiety (perhaps due to withdrawal of benzo).  Anxiety stresses the muscles in the chest and results in pain.  He gave me Buspar.  I used it for 2 or 3 weeks and the symptoms reduced greatly.  I then stopped the buspar with no problem.

Bob

Bob and Greencup,

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

I wish you the best.

Bob

Thanks

Hi Blossom4,

It was prescribed to help with symptoms.  During my taper, my heart beat and chest pain got real bad and I went to the ER to check for a heart condition.  They said my heart was fine.  I went to heart doctors.  Again, no problems with heart.  My doctor decided the issue was caused by anxiety (perhaps due to withdrawal of benzo).  Anxiety stresses the muscles in the chest and results in pain.  He gave me Buspar.  I used it for 2 or 3 weeks and the symptoms reduced greatly.  I then stopped the buspar with no problem.

Bob

Thanks for responding Bob! I am now dealing with loss of balance and weak arms. I will get that checked, hopefully is nothing but benzo wd

Blossom 4

Hi everyone.  I was one of the original members of this group but I haven’t posted for a while.  Welcome to all of the new members with whom I have not yet interacted.  I wanted to give a little update since I went missing months ago. :)

I have been tapering from .25mg Clonazepam for over 2 years.  My taper has been incredibly difficult at times.  I stopped posting for a while because I was so sick and it was hard for me to focus and write.  I also didn’t want to scare new members with the severity of my symptoms so I felt it was best to take a break.  While others have been able to exercise, work, take short trips, etc., I have not.  I have had some windows where I was semi-functional, but for the much of this taper I have been housebound due to fatigue and extreme sensitivity to external stimuli and stress.  Prior to my 1st taper attempt I was a distance runner, an educator and a mother very active in the lives of my children.

Anyway, I am posting today because I am at the end of this taper, at .003mg.  I should be stepping off this poison in a couple days. I’m not sure how I feel.  It’s not like it’s totally hard to comprehend that this long phase is over and that I’m now stepping into a new phase of the unknown, it just seems like a natural progression, the next step.  I don’t think I will magically feel better once the medication is stopped, but I don’t necessarily think I will feel worse by experiencing another acute stage. I believe I was in the acute stage for most of January when I hit .025mg.  I am hopeful that healing is happening and realistic that it might still be a long process.

I have avoided doctors since 2016, going only annually for bloodwork and prescription refills. However, I had been feeling like I really needed some guidance in how to best support my body as it heals so I found a doctor who is sensitive to benzo withdrawal and willing to go slowly with treating my body as it returns to its natural state.  The appointment left me feeling optimistic and I really needed that. She listened to my history and acknowledged what I need someone working with me to know.  My system is incredibly sensitive!  She had some awesome ideas about nutrition and hormone balancing but we are going to wait until we get the results of the bloodwork to decide how to gently support my body as it heals.  I really feel like she wants to work with me as opposed to just diagnosing and prescribing and leaving me in the cold which has been my experience in the past.  I am grateful for this little seed of hope.

Now that I am almost done and feeling a bit better, I hope to be a little more active on the boards so that I can support others going through this nightmare.

Hi to all the original peeps who were on this thread (Greencup, Wonderwoman, Heather, Bob, etc.)!  I think about you all and hope you are doing well.  Bob, I see you here supporting others and think that is so lovely.

Keep fighting for your health everyone.  Your bodies are working so hard for you.  I believe we will all heal.

Hi everyone.  I was one of the original members of this group but I haven’t posted for a while.  Welcome to all of the new members with whom I have not yet interacted.  I wanted to give a little update since I went missing months ago. :)

I have been tapering from .25mg Clonazepam for over 2 years.  My taper has been incredibly difficult at times.  I stopped posting for a while because I was so sick and it was hard for me to focus and write.  I also didn’t want to scare new members with the severity of my symptoms so I felt it was best to take a break.  While others have been able to exercise, work, take short trips, etc., I have not.  I have had some windows where I was semi-functional, but for the much of this taper I have been housebound due to fatigue and extreme sensitivity to external stimuli and stress.  Prior to my 1st taper attempt I was a distance runner, an educator and a mother very active in the lives of my children.

Anyway, I am posting today because I am at the end of this taper, at .003mg.  I should be stepping off this poison in a couple days. I’m not sure how I feel.  It’s not like it’s totally hard to comprehend that this long phase is over and that I’m now stepping into a new phase of the unknown, it just seems like a natural progression, the next step.  I don’t think I will magically feel better once the medication is stopped, but I don’t necessarily think I will feel worse by experiencing another acute stage. I believe I was in the acute stage for most of January when I hit .025mg.  I am hopeful that healing is happening and realistic that it might still be a long process.

I have avoided doctors since 2016, going only annually for bloodwork and prescription refills. However, I had been feeling like I really needed some guidance in how to best support my body as it heals so I found a doctor who is sensitive to benzo withdrawal and willing to go slowly with treating my body as it returns to its natural state.  The appointment left me feeling optimistic and I really needed that. She listened to my history and acknowledged what I need someone working with me to know.  My system is incredibly sensitive!  She had some awesome ideas about nutrition and hormone balancing but we are going to wait until we get the results of the bloodwork to decide how to gently support my body as it heals.  I really feel like she wants to work with me as opposed to just diagnosing and prescribing and leaving me in the cold which has been my experience in the past.  I am grateful for this little seed of hope.

Now that I am almost done and feeling a bit better, I hope to be a little more active on the boards so that I can support others going through this nightmare.

Hi to all the original peeps who were on this thread (Greencup, Wonderwoman, Heather, Bob, etc.)!  I think about you all and hope you are doing well.  Bob, I see you here supporting others and think that is so lovely.

Keep fighting for your health everyone.  Your bodies are working so hard for you.  I believe we will all heal.

Hi KristinM,

It is so good to hear from you.

I have thought about you at times when I realized you have not been on-line for a while but I totally respect the need to take a break from all this and you are being very thoughtful about the concern if others see you struggle - I get that - no sense scaring anyone.

But now you made it and I am sure people will get hope from your story - even more hope than from other stories because your struggle was so intense and long.

I recall the week I reached zero.  It is a VERY ODD feeling to step into the new phase of this recovery.  It was like I was leaving a part of my life behind and even though that part was unpleasant, you almost grieve the lost.  It is strange.

Everyone is different so take this for what it is worth.  My first week after reaching zero had some up and downs but then it got so much better but then at the 4 to 6 month point it got a little hard again BUT NEVER AGAIN WAS IT AS BAD AS DURING TAPERING.  I am past the 6 month mark and I really think I am making progress.

Best of luck to you and so nice to hear from you.

PS - I am jogging again and it helps so much with the brain healing.  I started with a slow walk, each day adding a few more steps, until one day, I felt like jogging.  So I mixed the walk with a jog for a while.  Then one day, I just kept jogging.  Exercise really helps but your must start very slow. 

Bob

Hi KristinM,

I have thought about you at times when I realized you have not been on-line for a while but I totally respect the need to take a break from all this and you are being very thoughtful about the concern if others see you struggle - I get that - no sense scaring anyone.

But now you made it and I am sure people will get hope from your story - even more hope than from other stories because your struggle was so intense and long.

I recall the week I reached zero.  It is a VERY ODD feeling to step into the new phase of this recovery.  It was like I was leaving a part of my life behind and even though that part was unpleasant, you almost grieve the lost.  It is strange.

Everyone is different so take this for what it is worth.  My first week after reaching zero had some up and downs but then it got so much better but then at the 4 to 6 month point it got a little hard again BUT NEVER AGAIN WAS IT AS BAD AS DURING TAPERING.  I am past the 6 month mark and I really think I am making progress.

PS - I am jogging again and it helps so much with the brain healing.  I started with a slow walk, each day adding a few more steps, until one day, I felt like jogging.  So I mixed the walk with a jog for a while.  Then one day, I just kept jogging.  Exercise really helps but your must start very slow. 

Bob

Bob,

I'm so happy to hear this. Prayers continue for you

Pete

Kristin,

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I know it feels very personal, but you have a lot to teach us.

So glad you were able to get to the end of taper.

Circlestar

Kristin,

How did you go about finding a doctor who is sensitive to benzo withdrawal?  What types of bloodwork are you looking at to determine your next steps?

Circlestar

Hi KristinM,

Bob

Bob, thank you.  Yes it is an odd phase to be at the end.  I am so comforted to hear that it has been better for you now and that the worst you experienced was during the tapering.  If the worst is behind me, I know I will be okay. I'm so happy you are jogging.  I hope to be joining you eventually!