13 to 17 month group

[co...]

I had throat issues in the beginning....it went away!. I know they're scary but they will pass. Everyone i have known on here has gotten better. After 19 months of this I can definitely say healing happens. We just have to wait it out and try not to panic. Happy to help further if you give more info.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pi...]

• [...]

• [az...]

• [co...]

14 months out here and sleep is still real wack... past 4 nights I’ve only gotten an hr of sleep, really debilitating man.  It comes back sometimes and then goes away.  It’s real tiresome.  Anyone else the same?

psychid, I know exactly how you feel.  One night I get about 4-5 hours of sleep and then other nights I wake up every other hour.  I still wake up occasionally really hot and heart racing, sucks!

I am still in shock but I am Just about to hit 13 months and thought I'd jump in.

Like most of us I'm in total disbelief of the longevity of this. Symptoms still so debilitating.

Crazy stuff this

If someone would have told me this was going to take this long to heal, I would have said no way possible.  Still makes me think its permanent. 

If someone would have told me this was going to take this long to heal, I would have said no way possible.  Still makes me think its permanent.

I hear that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Close to 1 year mark.. 4months into wave and housebound.

I'm with you. I've been in a wave couple months again. Dp/dr, constant anxiety, intrusive thoughts etc. Distraction is hard. Hope so this will end soon!

All the best healing! This will end, and everything is going to be normal again.

I am still in shock but I am Just about to hit 13 months and thought I'd jump in.

Like most of us I'm in total disbelief of the longevity of this. Symptoms still so debilitating.

Crazy stuff this

Nearly two months has gone by, what's changed?........bubkis, absolutely bubkis.

Actually, things may have gotten worse.....WTF?

I'm on month 18 as of next Tuesday so I'll be moving to that group.  Not much has changed except my breathing is getting better and I don't struggle with it everyday.  Fear and impending doom is still with me 100 percent of the time, can't believe it but it is.  I haven't been more than 25 miles outside of where I live since I got back from Michigan(rehab) 17 months ago.  It truly sucks not being able to go anywhere but work, bank, store and a couple of other places close to home.  I tried to branch out and go somewhere a little far away and had a complete panic attack and meltdown, so I'm starting to think I'm stuck in this bubble for the rest of my life.  Sometimes I wonder if I should just reinstate but I would rather not.  Good luck to everyone and wishing successful recovery to everyone. 

I'm on month 18 as of next Tuesday so I'll be moving to that group.  Not much has changed except my breathing is getting better and I don't struggle with it everyday.  Fear and impending doom is still with me 100 percent of the time, can't believe it but it is.  I haven't been more than 25 miles outside of where I live since I got back from Michigan(rehab) 17 months ago.  It truly sucks not being able to go anywhere but work, bank, store and a couple of other places close to home.  I tried to branch out and go somewhere a little far away and had a complete panic attack and meltdown, so I'm starting to think I'm stuck in this bubble for the rest of my life.  Sometimes I wonder if I should just reinstate but I would rather not.  Good luck to everyone and wishing successful recovery to everyone.

You too, Keith.

I can't even work and 25 miles would feel like a trip across the country for me. I'm feeling the exact same that this is about as good as it's going to get. I'll catch up with you in the 18 mth group in a few mths time.. Keep going, this has to end. Surely.

I sure hope it gets better, can't imagine living my life like this forever.  I just want to be normal again and do things, and travel.  I haven't had a girlfriend in almost two years, I'm just not emotionally available.  Today the heart palpitations are crazy, just when I thought they had stopped

• 4 weeks later...

How about the mornings? Mine are chaotic, and first thoughts is always self-harm related. Is this familiar to you?

Fortunately no self harm stuff for me, they finished around 6 mths ago.

However, when I do wake at my usual 3am mark I feel quite okay but then within 10 min the horror hits with the physical symptoms, the muscle twitching, the internal akathisia and the crazy intense fear. I'm afraid constantly of absolutely nothing. It's totally nuts.

• 1 month later...

Well, , 18 mths arrives for me in a couple of weeks.

I would love to say how things have gotten so much better but, they haven't.

Wishing you all good luck as I jump over to the 18 mth groups.

Don't feel bad, mine hasn't improved that much.  My palpitations have slowed down significantly, hoping they stay gone this time.  Some nights I sleep ok then others, I sleep like shit.  Just passed the 20 month mark with little improvements but I'll take anything at this point.  Just going to keep praying, eating healthy and drinking lots of water everyday.  Trying to stay positive.

• 5 weeks later...

14 months off here.

DP/DR went away.  I thought when that went away that I would be "healed", but alas, the anxiety remains.

I have an unrelenting "off" feeling that I can't shake.

Insomnia comes and goes - I think I'm in a wave right now and I haven't slept great this week.

I thought I was doing SO much better the last month or two.

It seems as though I'm obsessed with the whole thing. It's hard to just live "normally" (aka fakeit).

Brain fog/Cog Fog

Fear I'll never get better.

Fear I'm just doing this to myself somehow with my inability to stop thinking about it.

Crying spells.

Constant need for reassurance through reading this board or talking with other people.

Then I get mad at myself for not just getting back to life!!

I have a HUGE fear that none of this is from the Ativan....that this is how I will be for the rest of my life.

Then I read success stories or Benzo Free Celebrations and see others feel/felt this same exact way.

Just have to keep holding on.

• 3 months later...
I’m just over 14 months off. Only symptoms are insomnia, tinnitus, minor muscle spasms, and subtle burning sensations on occasion. The insomnia is by far the worst. It was so much better, but then I drank a little about a month ago. That wrecked my sleep.