• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some food shopping and am eating some grapes which help to moisten my mouth, which is as dry as a bone. 

Now flagged on the couch which I'm trying to read as a positive. 

I went to the hospital on my own for some tests and didn't freak out, then went to a florist to buy some roses for my wife for Valentine's Day.

Roses for wife! 👍👍👍. Good idea! Well I missed it today

I had a very rough day today but cleaned the fridge (FINALLY!), ironed 2 items of clothing and typed up the whole sorry mess of the last 3 years to add to a petition for Scottish Parliament to have these drugs recognised for the harm they cause, organised by fellow BB, looking forward :)

Bought a guitar and practiced a couple hours. Never played before..needed a new distraction.

Wow, playing guitar is such a cool thing :thumbsup: Very relaxing, like every artistic activity. But one needs time and patience to actually learn. Lots of perseverance and self-discipline, too.

Made a warm sandwiches by melting cheese on top of them in the oven.

Thomas, you sound like a perfect husband :thumbsup: I think I read somewhere you are not single...

You guys are all so inspirational :thumbsup: Love reading this thread. Started studying photography online, but it’s tough... At least I have sth to look forward to once I recover from the Valium poisoning.

Bought a guitar and practiced a couple hours. Never played before..needed a new distraction.

Wow, playing guitar is such a cool thing :thumbsup: Very relaxing, like every artistic activity. But one needs time and patience to actually learn. Lots of perseverance and self-discipline, too.

I highly recommend this as a distraction. Been great for me so far.

Turned down an offer to do an online writing job that involved a lot of very detailed work and a fair amount of collaboration with others. I know that doesn't sound very positive but given how stressed out just thinking about it was making me feel,  it was the right thing to do. Once I declined the offer, my anxiety lifted and I was able to enjoy a long walk on this beautiful day.

Great Clay, Mary and Ginger! 👍👍👍  - i think it is positive sign to do small things and over the times they become bigger and it is road to full function in a long run.

Charnelsan, I also turned down 2 jobs opportunity during the xmas time as I'm not ready to deal with job yet but wanted cut down all the stress creating things. Well, I did and now need to figure it out how to spent my time without totally isolating me from the social life...

Turned down an offer to do an online writing job that involved a lot of very detailed work and a fair amount of collaboration with others. I know that doesn't sound very positive but given how stressed out just thinking about it was making me feel,  it was the right thing to do. Once I declined the offer, my anxiety lifted and I was able to enjoy a long walk on this beautiful day.

I totally get this!  I had a puncture last weekend and just stared at it in dismay because I’ve only recently begun driving again.  I had a whole day of stress and angst before I finally began dealing with it.  I added ‘At Home’ to my AA breakdown cover and got a good deal as there was a promotion on when I phoned - that became valid within 24 hours so the next day I used my new AA app to report the puncture and within an hour a very helpful guy had come out and sorted it all in 10 minutes :)

That’s nowhere near the scale of a job offer I know but I just meant I know the relief of dealing with something which is hanging over you and stressing you out!