Open Group  ·  68 members

Music Lovers

SONGS That Make You Wanna BUST A MOVE!

[Yo...]

Such a wonderfully goofy video, yet such a melancholy tune with great lyrics

Listened to several of their songs. They're talented lyricists. Too bad I never heard of them until now. Thanks again. Can I call you Lora, or Pam?  ;)

Good ones...especially the last one....interesting find ;D

You mean you never saw it before? It was a big viral hit!  ;)

Such a wonderfully goofy video, yet such a melancholy tune with great lyrics

Listened to several of their songs. They're talented lyricists. Too bad I never heard of them until now. Thanks again. Can I call you Lora, or Pam?  ;)

Well, I am a guy, so I am not sure how well that would go  ;D. You can call me LF. That's good enough. Wish I picked a better screen name

You could say I was in a bad relationship with Lora, whose middle name was Pam. Those lorazepam pills are always, always white, so I can sing to that tune with lyrics "Nice Day for White Wedding', from Hell  :sick:

:laugh:

Never noticed your gender. I've met so few guys here that I automatically think "female". It's a real henhouse, eh?

:laugh:

Never noticed your gender. I've met so few guys here that I automatically think "female". It's a real henhouse, eh?

I surely read a few of those books and brochures in my 20's where they said. "you can't take anything, but you're not allowed to feel any emotions because stress is BAAAAD for you!!". Most authors typically presented it as "men drink, women take tranquilizers", which was true of my family, but is another one of those stereotypes that has been perpetuated for decades.

But, since my dad's alcohol use ended up being much more destructive than my mom's benzo use, I ended up a non-drinker, but on benzos myself. The world works in mysterious ways, my friend  ;D

Lots of guys take benzos, since we've been conditioned not to cry or talk about our feelings. I blame all my problems on this song  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XECcMj4-wDg

I came of age when anti-depressants were being pushed in television commercials, so got on that carousel... I'd never heard of a "benzo", but remember references to Valium on TV or in movies as comedic fodder. Yeah, it was usually a woman who was the butt of the joke.

I remember the line from Trainspotting, "my mum is in her own and socially-acceptable way, a drug addict."

Enjoy!

I came of age when anti-depressants were being pushed in television commercials, so got on that carousel... I'd never heard of a "benzo", but remember references to Valium on TV or in movies as comedic fodder. Yeah, it was usually a woman who was the butt of the joke.

I remember the line from Trainspotting, "my mum is in her own and socially-acceptable way, a drug addict."

Ironically, it was the SSRI (Prozac) which was my mainstay treatment for 16-17 years. The ativan came in more than a decade later after starting Prozac. I've been off of SSRI's for 3.5 years. I got off of it much too fast (1 month taper). At this point, my body does not tolerate any antidepressants, and I don't have any wish or desire to go back on them.

I wasn't aware of the term benzodiazepine until very recently. I used to know them as sedatives or tranquilizers, basically. I thought what they did was just add more GABA molecules to the brain, but technically, they don't add anything to the brain we don't already have. They just enhance the GABA boosting mechanism for a short while. Nice little trick. Shame it doesn't work as advertised  ;). It's like trying to turbo-charge Ford Pinto's engine, lol. Probably one the worst things an anxiety/panic sufferer can take....

Ah, the chemical world......  >:(

I'm also officially done with ADs. They were just a crutch, and I don't believe they ever helped really.

I tapered off my Zoloft in about a month too. Took my last 25mg almost 2 weeks ago, and have some mild brain zaps/shivers. I'm weaning off the Klonopin soon with extreme care...

Oh yeah, a song!

Hadn't heard that one in ages. I remember what a huge hit it was. I was a young teenager when that came out.

I thought this was a nice little collaboration:

:thumbsup: Sounds like a track off New Order's Republic album. Never knew about that collaboration. Me not knowing is getting to be a theme around here! So much music out there...

Here's a killer bassline:

[aa...]
This one doesn't really make me want to bust anything but I've always loved it....has a "swaying" kind of vibe...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKhfoKOTwZY

Really slowing it down. My nerves are shot. Probably the slowest song in history.....

That's "low" alright! Here's the slowest song that comes to mind right now:

Bet no-one's heard this one either!!!  ???

Nope. Got me totally surprised with that one. I was lulled in, thinking this was a slow ballad  ;D

It went from a-----b-----c-----d to    d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d  pretty quick  :)

[aa...]
If this was playing in the 80's, can imagine swaying to it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w34vnz_LEX4

[aa...]
Everyone in Junior High loved this one....I still couldn't fathom Eddie Murphy singing...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWa-6g-TbgI