Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

SONGS That Make You Wanna BUST A MOVE!

[Yo...]

[4a...]
Yeah, always a good one...here's one of my favorites-used to run track to this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A

:) Yes..loved George Michael's music...all good..

He had an amazing voice, sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" way better than Elton.  But, then again, Elton's voice took a huge hit after his throat surgery, too bad.

(I wish I'd never heard that Michael Jackson "joke" re the above song, can't help thinking of it every time  >:()

[4a...]
Yes abcd...I really liked him...end of lots of great music possibilities when he passed; guess I never heard the joke of MJ...

I always disliked Fred Durst @ Limp Bizkit with passion, but at least they had it in them to actually pay tribute to George Michael. Had they not covered his song "Faith", they probably would have never made it into the mainstream. That cover was their ticket to success and stardom.....

[4a...]
Yeah...true; I don't like re-do's of my favorite songs though-but it did give the newer generation a taste of the 80's in a different sort of way.

Gawd I remember that cover of Faith playing over the speakers at a supermarket in Japan. It was a hilarious juxtaposition with the prim and proper ladies pushing their carts around. Funnier was the explicit gangsta rap that would also play. I must've looked like a lunatic laughing by myself.

[4a...]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've done that before; the hilarity of seeing common folk shopping for their fruits and veggies while non-elevator music plays in the background...

Gawd I remember that cover of Faith playing over the speakers at a supermarket in Japan. It was a hilarious juxtaposition with the prim and proper ladies pushing their carts around. Funnier was the explicit gangsta rap that would also play. I must've looked like a lunatic laughing by myself.

:laugh:

Ok, that is seriously funny. "For not-so relaxing times, make it Suntori time"....  ;)

Which reminds me of:

Well, technically, you're correct. The original song wasn't in the film, but Bob did sing that song in a Karaoke bar, which was one of the best scenes in the film, so I could see why someone would pair an actual song with the movie scene. But I didn't want to put it up since I  get triggered by any movie scenes involving alcohol (esp. men drinking in movies, etc), because it reminds me of my father and his legacy, and how that issue affected my own life in so many ways. I don't mind hearing/making occasional jokes about the stuff, but the scenes themselves kinda trigger me. Wish I understood the man a little more back then, but it's not something I am able to do now.