"Benzo-safe" movies to watch during withdrawal -- Now Partially Indexed (Pg. 1)

[Al...]

Hey lptc01, Vertigo and Keryn,

Hope all is well with you guys. Thanks for the suggestions.

Yep, several people have suggested What about Bob?  I never saw it, 'cause a former roommate I didn't like recommended it. Silly reason, but true.

Numb sounds pretty hard-core on the psyche... but sounds pretty darned interesting.

Hey the Index (on pg 1) is coming along. We've got about 130-some recommendations consolidated there now.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Al...]

• [sa...]

• [vi...]

• [Pa...]

Come on guys...The Notebook was a good movie...where are your romantic hearts??? ;)

Albie...What About Bob is just a classic!  I am not one of those who can watch a movie over and over.  But for some reason, this one makes me laugh every time!

Vertigo, I am going to put the Sunrise and Sunset movies on my queue.  I have been intrigued by reading the synopsis of each one...just needed someone I trust to give them a thumbs up!

Thank you, Albie, for continuing to work on this!

~Leena :smitten:

Hey Leena,

You're surely welcome. Okay What About Bob? is going in my Netflix queue.

And I also put Before Sunrise and Before Sunset in my queue a couple days ago. Thanks, Vertigo!

Having these recommendations is working out great.  ;)

I agree, the Notebook was a good movie.

Keryn.

Speaking of chick-flicks, I really liked Bridget Jones' Diary. I find something very charming about Renee Zellweger.

Keryn.

Speaking of chick-flicks, I really liked Bridget Jones' Diary. I find something very charming about Renee Zellweger.

Jodie Foster is charming ;)

speaking of renee, i liked 'miss potter'. not sure if it's on the list already.

my oh my albee, this thread is popular, partly because it has been left in prime spot!! :thumbsup:

This is such a great thread, Albie!

I've moved it to the Accentuate the Positive board (even though Pam jokingly said she would not move it) because, as you said in your first post, it really does not belong in the General Withdrawal thread.  Moving it to the ATP board will make it accessable for those looking around for something to read or do that is positive and uplifting.

What a great job you did of indexing all the movies -  that must have been quite a chore :o 

I'm going to rent a couple for next weekend. I'll post back to let you know which ones and give them my "benzo withdrawal movie rating" :laugh:

Hmmm....may need to start an official rating system for these movies ;)

Keryn.

I love both of these movies!!!!

Hi Keryn, Violet, Missy & Bevoir,

Hope everybody's doing well today.

I'll try to get to some more indexing today. I believe your recommendations are up next, Bevoir.

Thanks much for your recommendations and support!  :)

Albie

Hey Albie.  Great job.  I would put a disclaimer on "the Bourne" trilogy like you did some of the other movies.  I really enjoyed the Bourne movies but they have a lot of violence and fast chase and fighting scenes.  Not sure I'd really recommend as "benzo safe".  I just found them entertaining, but not something many would be able to relax by ;).

V

Thanks Pamster, Keryn and Vertigo,

Pamster, I guess this is home. We'll roll with it.  :)

Keryn,

That's great. I look forward to seeing your latest additions.

Vertigo,

Yep, I wondered if I should disclaim the Bourne movies. I will go ahead and do that. Thanks for suggesting.

Hope all is going well with you all,

P.S. I'm back to biking a bit and my back is tolerating it.  :yippee:  I'll say no more, lest I jinx it.  ;)

Best wishes,

Albie

Hey Albie.  Great job.  I would put a disclaimer on "the Bourne" trilogy like you did some of the other movies.  I really enjoyed the Bourne movies but they have a lot of violence and fast chase and fighting scenes.  Not sure I'd really recommend as "benzo safe".  I just found them entertaining, but not something many would be able to relax by ;).

V

Bourne + Matt Damon = Yummy  :smitten:  I wish there were a fourth, he didn't die in the third one, I saw his leg kick.  Uh oh, spoiler alert.  >:D

I just watched a funny movie from 1965 called Cat Ballou.  If they had not shown Lee Marvin's character drinking whiskey, I would have thought he and his horse were on benzos :laugh:

I just watched a funny movie from 1965 called Cat Ballou.  If they had not shown Lee Marvin's character drinking whiskey, I would have thought he and his horse were on benzos :laugh:

Hi Missy,

This was one of my Classics recommendations:

Cat Ballou (1965) Comedy/Western -- BB recommendation from: Albie. 100% Positive Reviews. Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin, Michael Callan, Dwayne Hickman. A young woman returning to her Wyoming town finds her father murdered because he refused to sell his ranch. To enact revenge she enlists the help of a sharpshooting gunslinger.

Not many people have heard of this movie, but it's really pretty good. Lee Marvin is awesome in it.  :thumbsup:

Hi Missy,

Cat Ballou (1965) Comedy/Western -- BB recommendation from: Albie. 100% Positive Reviews. Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin, Michael Callan, Dwayne Hickman. A young woman returning to her Wyoming town finds her father murdered because he refused to sell his ranch. To enact revenge she enlists the help of a sharpshooting gunslinger.

Not many people have heard of this movie, but it's really pretty good. Lee Marvin is awesome in it.   :thumbsup:

I love that movie, I remember going to the drive-in to see it with my father.  :smitten:

Hi Missy,

Not many people have heard of this movie, but it's really pretty good. Lee Marvin is awesome in it.   :thumbsup:

I love that movie, I remember going to the drive-in to see it with my father.  :smitten:

According to TCM, Lee Marvin won an Oscar for his performance.  In his acceptance speech, he said he wanted to share the Oscar with the horse. :laugh:

According to TCM, Lee Marvin won an Oscar for his performance.  In his acceptance speech, he said he wanted to share the Oscar with the horse. :laugh:

Yep, I remember hearing that too.  :laugh:

Hey all, check out the Index on page 1 now over 180 movie recommendations/reviews/ratings indexed.

Albie