"Benzo-safe" movies to watch during withdrawal -- Now Partially Indexed (Pg. 1)

[Al...]

'were you and the other orangutans playing in the wine cellar again today?'

albie, you bie all and end all and the end of all bie, oh gracious One

smatter fact, we CHIMPS were headed to the wine cellar but were beaten

to the punch by a little white dog doing cartwheels. so all we got was

one glass for the two of us. do you know this little white dog?

if you lie, low behold you, spit it up you chick flick maniac........ :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Al...]

• [sa...]

• [vi...]

• [Pa...]

What can I say? When I'm busted, I'm busted.

Not only was I there, but I was actually watchin' chick flicks (Lifetime movie network, ya' know) in the wine cellar, whilst consuming a little Merlot from my bowl.

I feel such shame. I think I have to go pee on a fire hydrant in an attempt to reassert my masculinity.

P.S. You are an orangutan and I, perhaps, an effeminate mutt.  If you doubt me, check out the PM I sent you.As much as you might wish your skin or hair that of a chimp, that's simply a different ape. We are what we are, Violet. You can't run from it, so you might as well swing with it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:i

i'm gonna fight for my chimp genes as long as i live you adorable little mutt, how do i love thee? let me count the ways. (i did get a few chugs, am seeing quadruple, so the ways are many :))

Hey Albie!

Reading yours and Violets interactions with one another is about as entertaining as a movie :laugh:!

I thought of 3 others which I did not have on my list, which we found very enjoyable.

The first is a comedy...kind of old...but really funny called "Blast from the Past" .  (Brendan Frazier, Alicia Silverstone, Sissy Spacek, Christopher Walken)

The there is "Broken Flowers" with Bill Murray...kind of a "Dramedy".

And then there is one that is a really good drama called "In America". 

(It has been good to think about things other than symptoms...thank you!)

~Leena  :)

Hey Leena,

You've posted some great suggestions!!! I looked a lot of them up on Rotten Tomatoes -- interesting synopses and some very high ratings.

I love Blast From The Past. All the characters are good and Christopher Walken is great in that movie. Then again, he's always pretty great.

It's really awesome to get all these recommendations. Some day, I may even index them all within the thread.

Thanks much,

Albie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:i

i'm gonna fight for my chimp genes as long as i live you adorable little mutt, how do i love thee? let me count the ways. (i did get a few chugs, am seeing quadruple, so the ways are many :))

Hey Violet,

Q: How do you tell a boy chromosome from a girl chromosome?

A: You pull down their jeans.

And Violet,

If I told you, You have a beautiful body... would you hold it against me?  

I bet you hear that a lot, you wild, woolly, swingin' babe you ;)

P.S. I'd tell you more jokes, but I know you'd just laugh at me.

albie, you sweet little mutt you

i'm tempted to change my photo so you can

see what kind of animal i really am.

time to retire to my den.

g'nite all,  v.

leena, you told me of 'letters to juliet'

long ago, i'm waiting for it to come on to

dvd. i've listed most of your movies as

i'll bet we have similar movie taste. thanks! :)

a, glad to see you've done the 'benzo-safe movie' link. :thumbsup:

Hey Leena,

You've posted some great suggestions!!! I looked a lot of them up on Rotten Tomatoes -- interesting synopses and some very high ratings.

I love Blast From The Past. All the characters are good and Christopher Walken is great in that movie. Then again, he's always pretty great.

It's really awesome to get all these recommendations. Some day, I may even index them all within the thread.

Thanks much,

Albie

Of this I have no doubt!  :laugh:

Here a little of my list to get this party started:

Along Came Polly

Sweet Home Alabama

Alvin & The Chipmunks

Roman Holiday

Breakfast at Tiffany's

The Hangover

Footloose

Dodgeball (I saw that on your list Albie, but I had to add it to mine too!!!)

Underworld

All of the Harry Potter movies!!!!!! A MUST!!!

Nanny Mcphee

The Godfather

Wild Hogs

Sister Act 1 and 2

Practical Magic

AdventureLand

Cats & Dogs

Mouse Hunt

Singing In The Rain

West Side Story

Shirley Valentine

You've Got Mail

Women

Good Will Hunting

Hook

Bourne Trilogy

Stepbrothers

Disney's Aladdin

Whew....that's it, for now  ;D

Awesome, Bevoir!!!

Way to get this cinematic soiree into full swing.

Now if we can just get Pamster, Beeper, Truck, Squeegy, Leslie, Laura, tino, Keryn and a few of the others to chime in (hint, hint), we should have quite a list here.

If you think of or hear of any more, feel free to add on anytime!

Thanks much,

Albie

casablanca

truly, madly, deeply

don juan de marco

chocolat

meet the family

then

meet the fockers

the lion king

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

Here's looking at you, kid.

Hakuna matata,

Albie

Ok.  Have to add one to the list which I watched last night.  City Island.  Very entertaining, different and funny.  Andy Garcia is great in it.   Also watched "The Answer Man" with Jeff Daniels. I don't recommend it except for Albie or anyone who has had back pain.  There are some LOL moments re the back pain theme for sure but the movie is only a C+.

V

Don Juan De Marco is AWESOME, Violet!!  Love that movie  :thumbsup:

Here's a few more to add to my list:

The Blind Side

X Men 2 & 3

Only You

Serendipity

Dear John (be prepared to shed a tear or two  :'( )

Night at the Museum

50 First Dates

Who's Afraid of Virgina Wolf

Miss Potter

Me, Myself & Irene

Hi Violet, Bevoir and Vertigo,

Thanks for the recommendations, all!!!  ;)

I'm pretty good today Violet. I guess you might call it, intensely tired after a long day at work. It was an okay day though -- the back pain is like half what it was last week, so still much improved.

I'm so sorry to see the RLS symptoms flared up. Sounded like you had a very rough night.  :(  Glad you found some of your online BBs and a good movie, though.

I also enjoyed "The Matrix" but could be a little dark and chase scenes, fight scenes.. for those in heavy withdrawal may not be advised.  Not exactly relaxing but then neither are the Bourne movies ;D.   A low key series I've been renting on Netflix is Burn Notice.  It's well written, sometimes a little over the top but keeps me entertained without too much thinking.  It's about a CIA operative who get's black balled and basically loses his identity, credit cards, bank accounts... so returns to his home town Miami where his mother lives. He has to figure it out but needs to make some money so he helps everyday people who are in trouble (his mother's neighbor, an old school friend's daughter who gets manipulated by a con man... so with the help of a few spy friends he knows, he does some little jobs using his secret op experience to help the little guy.  It's kind of fluffy but it's not bad when you're bored and don't have a whole lot else to do.

Cheers,

V

Vertigo I love the Matrix, but you probably already knew that. :)

I like John Wayne westerns...

Tombstone..With Val Kilmer

Happy Gilmore, Almost all Adam Sandler movies

Caddyshack ......Al Czervik: He called me a baboon, he thinks I'm his wife.

Book of Eli

Bucket List

Dumb And Dumber...you gotta laugh

Julie and Julia

7 Pounds

Men in Black

The Pursuit of Hapiness

Walk the Line

[a5...]

Some of the movies I've watched.. I can relate to in w/d:-

oooo let's see...

Numb

Canvas

Sybil (New Version.)

7 Pounds

I'm Dancing as fast as I can

Movies that I've watched, not related to any feelings toward w/d.

@ Random.

Well, I like episodes on Netflix.. so these are just random things I watch.

Skins

Absolutely Fabulous

Keeping up appearances

other movies-

The Breakfast Club

Clerks

Clerks II

Dracula (Bram Stoker)

Gosh, there's so many.. I'll have to look...

Albie, Albie, Albie, I've never run across a more organized person.  Does Mrs Albie appreciate your gift?  ;D

Hmmm... well, sort of. She knows me so well, and is genuinely kind and supportive of most everything I do. She's really quite remarkable -- especially considering she has moi to work with.

My "gift"?  Wow, thanks, Pamster! I've been called a lot of things: Obsessive, neurotic, over-the-top, even passionate on occasion, but not sure I've ever heard gifted:)

I think the movies I listed are pretty safe, I mean I have always watched comedies & so on.. we can't be depressed all the time. :)

If there's a problem there with the movies or episodes, I listed.. I'll remove them, I don't know what the reply was about the recommendations and stuff, but I will not list anymore if there's a problem with those I listed.

LOL, I mean "Benzo Safe?" Ok I mean we watch whatever we want anyway pretty much; and from all the posts here, looks like a collection of random movies to me.. that are of all kinds.

Keryn.

Precisely, that's pretty much the joke in a nutshell, Keryn. How in the world do we know what would be "Benzo-Safe". Nonetheless, I thought it would be fun to get movie recommendations from our fellow benzo buddies. And, if those recommendations were toned down a notch from the most hard-core stuff we'd watch when not in w/d I thought that was probably a good thing during w/d. There's not going to be a problem with anything you've listed, K, because this is an open forum. No worries there. Just tossing suggestions out there.  

P.S. The index is a work in progress. I'm just working my way through the posts in the order they were received. And I'm SLOW. So, just in case you wondered, that's why you don't see any of your movies in the index yet, K-man.

I think the movies I listed are pretty safe, I mean I have always watched comedies & so on.. we can't be depressed all the time. :)

If there's a problem there with the movies or episodes, I listed.. I'll remove them, I don't know what the reply was about the recommendations and stuff, but I will not list anymore if there's a problem with those I listed.

LOL, I mean "Benzo Safe?" Ok I mean we watch whatever we want anyway pretty much; and from all the posts here, looks like a collection of random movies to me.. that are of all kinds.

Precisely, that's pretty much the joke in a nutshell, Keryn. How in the world do we know what would be "Benzo-Safe". Nonetheless, I thought it would be fun to get movie recommendations from our fellow benzo buddies. And, if those recommendations were toned down a notch from the most hard-core stuff we'd watch when not in w/d I thought that was probably a good thing during w/d. There's not going to be a problem with anything you've listed, K, because this is an open forum. No worries there. Just tossing suggestions out there.  

P.S. The index is a work in progress. I'm just working my way through the posts in the order they were received. And I'm SLOW. So, just in case you wondered, that's why you don't see any of your movies in the index yet, K-man.

aww okie dokie, I see..

lol sorry, I know the Clerks movies are a little bit on the nasty side, but they are comedy and funny. I don't know if you have ever watched them, but for a good laugh ya should check 'em out.

Numb is a sad movie about a guy who gets Depersonalized by the use of pot.

So on.. I think the majority of people know Dracula lol, as this was one of my favourites, always has been.. and ya know a very old classic.

There are other movies, I'll have to think 'em up. I've seen so many movies..

Another one I recommend is Joan of Arc.. It's a good one.

Any Stephen King Movie is good.

Boy O Boy do I have a list of books too..

I'll have to make a list of movies and post all of 'em.

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]