Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi Dub & Bob,

Congrats Bob on almost being done!!

Dub, sorry your not settled into your crossover yet. Hope it gets better for you real soon.

So I have questions that maybe both of you could help with. I’ll copy paste what I wrote in lhsg but you 2 are 2 of my ssri peeps.

So my qurestion is did lexapro or celexa or ant ssri ever cause you chest pain?

Did anxiety or panic caused by either of those Meds ever cause you chest pain?

Has anxiety or panic on its own ever caused you chest pain?

How long did it last?

What did it feel like?

Accompanying sxs?

Here’s my copy paste:

Anyone get chest pain from, panic or anxiety? OR Lexapro or SSRI? I know don’t want to talk lexapro again, but I had chest pain with it on start up, as most know it’s increased my anxiety & depression since the get go, that I’m hoping is only temporary. Well I assumed the chest pain/tightness/burning(no not like heartburn)sensation along with want to jump out of my skin so anxious & frozen at same time was from the increased lexapro anxiety, it went away(took2.5mg 6 days, 5 mg 9 days now)after first few days then just returned this afternoon like panic/anxiety want to jump out of my skin, then, chest pain/tightness/burny feeling, along with frozen. Didn’t tell p doc may have told primary care & that’s why I havnt worried(I can’t remember). Worried p doc would yank me off it. Hoping it’s just the worse before better part.

Thanks sorry if wrong place to post I’ll look for that med board too & lexapro peeps.

Hope your doing well. Really appreciate feedback, feel pretty aweful, but don’t want to give up before giving med a chance. Lexapro is one of the only Meds that’s ever worked for me & ive tried them all.

Thanks xx, SC

Bob, Dub & whomever else has input here’s more info about the lexapro debacle.

Lexapro chest pain etc

I never told doc, I don’t think unless I told my primary care & that’s why I didn’t worry about it. I knew if I told my p doc he’d probably tell me to stop taking the medicine, but in addition to the added anxiety & depression, sorta flushed face feeling, more dysfunctional now than before lexapro either via too much depression, too much anxiety, too tired,I’ve had chest pain with it which I just assumed was anxiety.(many say they feel worse before better on this med especially with the depression so was hoping that’s the case & trying to hold out)It went away after the first week I think then I got more or same increased depression that came with the med start plus sleepy during the day after that then wham out of the blue today, want to jump out of your skin anxiety, again, followed by chest pain. Heart rate is fine. Serotonin syndrome could be a thing..??..?? I don’t know this is one of only Meds that’s worked for me in past, I’ve already suffered through several days of side effects, I hate to give up

[12...]
Seven or eight weeks? My manufacturer has changed three times in the past four months but I've just kept cutting since my prescriber is rushing me off and I can't hold even if I feel miserable. I've tried to find a new one and been unsuccessful. God this all just feels so impossible. I never know how much suffering is "normal" and holding has never helped in the past so I just keep tapering but it's getting to a point that it's unbearable.

Seven or eight weeks? My manufacturer has changed three times in the past four months but I've just kept cutting since my prescriber is rushing me off and I can't hold even if I feel miserable. I've tried to find a new one and been unsuccessful. God this all just feels so impossible. I never know how much suffering is "normal" and holding has never helped in the past so I just keep tapering but it's getting to a point that it's unbearable.

You really should give Buspar a chance.  It helped me.

Hi Dub & Bob,

Dub, sorry your not settled into your crossover yet. Hope it gets better for you real soon.

So I have questions that maybe both of you could help with. I’ll copy paste what I wrote in lhsg but you 2 are 2 of my ssri peeps.

How long did it last?

What did it feel like?

Accompanying sxs?

Here’s my copy paste:

Anyone get chest pain from, panic or anxiety? OR Lexapro or SSRI? I know don’t want to talk lexapro again, but I had chest pain with it on start up, as most know it’s increased my anxiety & depression since the get go, that I’m hoping is only temporary. Well I assumed the chest pain/tightness/burning(no not like heartburn)sensation along with want to jump out of my skin so anxious & frozen at same time was from the increased lexapro anxiety, it went away(took2.5mg 6 days, 5 mg 9 days now)after first few days then just returned this afternoon like panic/anxiety want to jump out of my skin, then, chest pain/tightness/burny feeling, along with frozen. Didn’t tell p doc may have told primary care & that’s why I havnt worried(I can’t remember). Worried p doc would yank me off it. Hoping it’s just the worse before better part.

Thanks sorry if wrong place to post I’ll look for that med board too & lexapro peeps.

Hope your doing well. Really appreciate feedback, feel pretty aweful, but don’t want to give up before giving med a chance. Lexapro is one of the only Meds that’s ever worked for me & ive tried them all.

Thanks xx, SC

Scaredie,

To answer your questions...

So my qurestion is did lexapro or celexa or ant ssri ever cause you chest pain? NO - SSRI CELEXA REALLY HELPED FIX ME DEPRESSION.

Did anxiety or panic caused by either of those Meds ever cause you chest pain?  NO

Has anxiety or panic on its own ever caused you chest pain? YES - ANXIETY CAN CAUSE ME CHEST PAIN - IN PARTICULAR, WHEN I AM WITHDRAWAL FROM KLONOPIN.

How long did it last?  I TOOK BUSPAR AND THE CHEST PAIN STOPPED IN 2 OR 3 DAYS.

What did it feel like?  PAINS IN THE CHEST AND HEART PALPATATIONS.

Accompanying sxs?  BACK PAIN

Hi Dub & Bob,

How long did it last?

What did it feel like?

Accompanying sxs?

Here’s my copy paste:

Thanks xx, SC

Scaredie,

So my qurestion is did lexapro or celexa or ant ssri ever cause you chest pain? NO - SSRI CELEXA REALLY HELPED FIX ME DEPRESSION.

Did anxiety or panic caused by either of those Meds ever cause you chest pain?  NO

Has anxiety or panic on its own ever caused you chest pain? YES - ANXIETY CAN CAUSE ME CHEST PAIN - IN PARTICULAR, WHEN I AM WITHDRAWAL FROM KLONOPIN.

Much thanks bob! Hope you sleep well

Hi Dub & Bob,

How long did it last?

What did it feel like?

Accompanying sxs?

Here’s my copy paste:

Thanks xx, SC

Scaredie,

Much thanks bob! Hope you sleep well

I sincerely hope you start feeling better .

[12...]
Yeah I tried Buspar a few years ago before things got really bad and it didn't seem to have any impact. I don't really think there's anything I can take that would make this better at this point, feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks all! I tried going back to my micro taper after holding three weeks for the change in manufacture. It was to soon and I wasn’t ready and am now slammed. I will continue to hold until things are better.

Have any of you found that you hit rough patches regardless of taper amount/rate?  I’ve been holding for 10 days and seem to be getting worse, so I’m really concerned. 

Best wishes to all,

Uni

I’m not tapering yet.

Still crossing over to the Actavis from the Sandoz.

And then I’ll have to hold for awhile after that.

Thank you ladies.  I've also asked in DLMT and have gotten some feedback there.  LHSG is a good suggestion, Scaredie - thank you.

Intend, I hope your crossover and hold are kind to you. 

Love,

Uni

Have any of you found that you hit rough patches regardless of taper amount/rate?  I’ve been holding for 10 days and seem to be getting worse, so I’m really concerned. 

Best wishes to all,

Uni

Yes, I have held sometimes for months and still hit rough patches. It's wildly unpredictable unfortunately.

Thank you NJ and Sc,

This sure is unpredictable!!  Hard to know how to correct the issue when you don't know what is causing it.  If there even is a way to correct it and get it back to more manageable. 

Wish you both the best.

Sometimes updosing doesn’t work out so well.

I’m only guessing when I say it might be that possibly our bodies can’t handle more of the drug than we are used to taking.

Just a guess on my part.

Sometimes updosing doesn’t work out so well.

I’m only guessing when I say it might be that possibly our bodies can’t handle more of the drug than we are used to taking.

Just a guess on my part.

Yeah, you definitely have a point, I think Uni is aware of that, but is feeling so bad she’s just not sure what to do. I gues it’s all trial & error & personal chemistry, other Meds etc, I think that’s how cant explained it, that it worked for him, but may not for all, depending.

We’re all just feeling her pain & wanting to throw her a line. It’s probably imput overload.

So here’s what’s been offered suggestions:

Hold

Hold longer than you think you need to

Updose

That med that bob has taken sometimes?? Sorry blank

Find a way to stabilize & hold on you’ll get through this

I wonder if when you start again & or as you hold Uni, if making liquid with milk could make a difference for the better for you? Just another idea

Xxsleep well

Bob7 has used buspar. Buspar is a drug for anxiety, but isn’t a controlled substance (I don’t think; never used to be, but does require an Rx.)

Sometimes updosing doesn’t work as well as people might expect as Cant mentioned somewhere on this forum.

How to find a way to stabilize is anyone’s guess. I have to go by my “not so great” type sx. If I have them falling into a particular pattern, I have to consider that stable as it’s gonna get for me. And I might be “eating those words” with this 5th crossover.

And Sc, you mentioned using milk to liquid taper. I use whole full fat milk to liquid taper.

Uni,

I don’t know what you use. Seems like the trend now as far as the titration folks is to use either vodka or pg to taper. When I started liquid tapering with clonazepam, milk was generally always recommended. And I’m still using milk. If you’re using vodka or pg, maybe the milk could help. Just another suggestion as Sc says.

Hi Intend and Scaredie,

Thank you both so much for caring and all your help.  Like Scaredie said, I got a lot of great input (so grateful) and know there are options.  Better informed.  Had to process it all.  I'm only on Klonopin now, but may still be affected by being CT'd from both K and Norco in February.  I know it can take up to a year or so for the brain to rebalance from opiates alone, so that really could be compounding things.  Yesterday was 200 days off that horrible drug.  Seeing my doc in a week and decided against introducing any other drug. 

Here's what I'm thinking...  Can't suggested on my blog to try a hold for long enough to see how well I CAN feel, as opposed to jumping back to tapering when I start to feel better.  Well, that's what I'm doing.  Today I woke with sxs manageable, back to normalish.  It took 11 days of holding.  So, I'm going to keep holding, as per Cant's suggestion, and see how much better it can be.  Not sure how long that is, so I'll ask him and the folks at LHSG.  I know others have done long holds and it set them in the right direction to taper on with less sxs.  Builder suggested dose correction, since holding and suffering isn't going forward.  However, today is better and seems the hold is working.  I already updosed once (or "dose corrected") and it took me a few months of holding and tapering that, so I'd like to stay where I'm at for now.  It seems because I'm so sensitized that I become tolerant very quickly to an updose and still remain symptomatic.  So the verdict for now...  let my brain rest as much as it needs and adjust to the current amount before starting to taper again, and this time at a slower pace. 

You have all helped and supported me so much and I'm sooooo extremely grateful and appreciative!  I was so terrified and getting some sxs back that I had in CT, but to a lesser degree.  Enough to know it was all bad! 

Thank you with all of my heart, my fellow warriors.  I could not do this without you.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: