Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi everyone

New to the Klonopin Klub here and hoping for some advice.

Used K “as prescribed” on and off for two months. Very rapid self tapered. Off for a month. Completely disabled. Can’t see, talk or hear without difficulty. Started again daily 0.25 mg three days ago.

If reinstating, how long  do people stabilize on K before tapering again?

Do people cross over to Valium or Librium for final taper?

Because my dose is so small, I don’t know what the rate of taper should be.

Even though my dose is small I think I am very sensitive to the drug and the withdrawal from my mostly sporadic 0.5 K was hell on earth. I am sure you guys already know.

Many thanks for any advice or tips.

Brighter

Brighter,

You could try a daily Micro Taper.  Using either a scale or a liquid solution.  I'm sorry you got hit so hard by only short term use.  You'll find your way off and be free of this stuff. 

Love,

Uni

Uni,

Your thoughts on all this make very good sense. I think you’ve made a wise decision to hold longer.

Thank you, Intend.  I really appreciate you.  Hope your weekend is going well and you have a very Happy Birthday, full of love and laughter. 

Thank you very much for the tip Uni.

I have heard that Klonopin does not dissolve in water so we need glycerin ?

Has anyone heard of that? Is that right?

Love

Brighter

Thank you very much for the tip Uni.

I have heard that Klonopin does not dissolve in water so we need glycerin ?

Has anyone heard of that? Is that right?

Love

Brighter

There are different things you can use to make a liquid solution.  I use vodka to dissolve my Klonopin and mix with water to create a solution.  Others use milk.  Propylene Glycol.  Definitely check out the Liquid Titration boards if you want to go forward with a liquid.

Best of success to you,

Uni

Uni,

Your thoughts on all this make very good sense. I think you’ve made a wise decision to hold longer.

Thank you, Intend.  I really appreciate you.  Hope your weekend is going well and you have a very Happy Birthday, full of love and laughter.

Thank you Uni. So far it’s fine. Just constantly trying to find natural ways to bring hubbys cholesterol down.  :smitten: :smitten:

Brighter, Uni just gave you great advice.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey all

Checking in. I had a birthday myself last week. Happy Belated, Intend! Felt well enough to fly to Boston Sat and be picked up by my sister and her husband. Went to my Dad's and my brother's family joined us. Out to dinner and then up to Jaffrey NJ for the annual fireworks festival. Flew home just before noon on Sunday. Luckily I was feeling very good the whole time. I think the 5 weeks hold really helped me and then this last drop was smaller and I'm holding for a whole month. Right now is my 3 month hormone break so that's not so great (headache and cramps) but fingers crossed regular 4 days bleed instead of 2 weeks like two times ago, the first time after starting psych meds.

Uni... I wanted off faster as I know you do but I'm glad now I held and then have gone slower/lower. Being more functional is worth it. I think I was going too fast for me. Jury still about about the daily microtaper attempt in June...

I'm planning another cut and hold next drop again.

Intend, hope that crossover goes well.

Hey nolo,

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had good family time & are feeling better after your hold.

When you say your on a hormone break, do you mean your taking synthetic hormones?

Your period got messed up after starting psych Meds? Can’t remember are you still on lexapro & is that part of what messed up your period?

I’m struggling trying to start up generic lexapro, on approx day 18 of 5mg.

Good to here from you.

Take care SC

nolongeranxiousbut,

Haven’t heard from you in awhile. Sounds like you are doing well, and thank you for the birthday wishes.

I think with daily microtaper, the ability to do it varies from person to person. A lot of people can, and a lot have trouble with it. People are all different and so are their brains.

I’m going slow on my crossover and having to cut pills again into small portions as I’m doing pills and liquid for taper. Thank goodness for good pill cutters. But so far it’s ok. With this being my fifth crossover, it’s kind of an experiment also just like the daily microtaper seems to be.

Hope you continue to do so well, and happy belated birthday to you also!

Hello everyone

Just wondering for those who liquid tapered or tapering, what’s the smallest increment your syringe allows?

Thank you!

Brighter,

I use a 1 ml syringe. I prefer the luer lok type of tip, but the tuberculin tip works fine. The tip is just a tiny bit longer.

Once you start with one or the other, it’s best to stay with it.

Hey all

Checking in. I had a birthday myself last week. Happy Belated, Intend! Felt well enough to fly to Boston Sat and be picked up by my sister and her husband. Went to my Dad's and my brother's family joined us. Out to dinner and then up to Jaffrey NJ for the annual fireworks festival. Flew home just before noon on Sunday. Luckily I was feeling very good the whole time. I think the 5 weeks hold really helped me and then this last drop was smaller and I'm holding for a whole month. Right now is my 3 month hormone break so that's not so great (headache and cramps) but fingers crossed regular 4 days bleed instead of 2 weeks like two times ago, the first time after starting psych meds.

Uni... I wanted off faster as I know you do but I'm glad now I held and then have gone slower/lower. Being more functional is worth it. I think I was going too fast for me. Jury still about about the daily microtaper attempt in June...

I'm planning another cut and hold next drop again.

Intend, hope that crossover goes well.

Happy birthday no lo and that sounds like such a nice weekend!

Hi,

Has anyone on klonopin/clonopazem withdrawal have low semen volume as a side effect and how long did it last. I am 19 th month out and still having cognitive issues, sexual issues, low appetite vitamin intolerance.

Thanks.

Have you done any reasearch on HPA axis disregulation? There is a thread some where on here about

how benzos effect this. It’s has to do with the adrenal hormones which affect testosterone and other things. I big thing to help is making sure to eat every few hours of protein fats and complex carbs plus plenty of fruits and vegetable this helps regulate low blood sugar from your lack of appetite and gives your body the fuel to heal your hormones. Your body needs energy to do this and to come out of that depleted state the benzos put us in. Force yourself every few hours or so to eat. Rev up your metabolism and get that testosterone going.

Have you done any reasearch on HPA axis disregulation? There is a thread some where on here about

how benzos effect this. It’s has to do with the adrenal hormones which affect testosterone and other things. I big thing to help is making sure to eat every few hours of protein fats and complex carbs plus plenty of fruits and vegetable this helps regulate low blood sugar from your lack of appetite and gives your body the fuel to heal your hormones. Your body needs energy to do this and to come out of that depleted state the benzos put us in. Force yourself every few hours or so to eat. Rev up your metabolism and get that testosterone going.

Wow very glad you said this, I haven’t had an appetite this week. So for the last 4 days I have ate nothing but a couple crackers before bed. Maybe this is why I’ve been feeling so bad, I’m going to try and force my self to eat soemthing during the day now.

I’m wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with a long hold after a rapid taper from a high dose of Klonopin.

Last year - between June and November - I tapered from 8mg/day (all prescribed. seriously.) to 1.5mg/day. I have been holding at that level since although, in the meantime, I did a phenobarbital taper (which I took briefly to help reduce the Klonopin more quickly) and a Seroquel taper (from 75mg).

I am currently having trouble with persistent nausea (I do eat pretty well, it’s just unrelenting) and persistent low-level anxiety (punctuated occasionally by a burst of acute/panic). Could these symptoms be the result of the tapers I’ve done? I was hoping to feel stable by now. My chief worry is that I may be hitting some sort of tolerance with the Klonopin.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

~ Fiskadoro

I’m wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with a long hold after a rapid taper from a high dose of Klonopin.

Last year - between June and November - I tapered from 8mg/day (all prescribed. seriously.) to 1.5mg/day. I have been holding at that level since although, in the meantime, I did a phenobarbital taper (which I took briefly to help reduce the Klonopin more quickly) and a Seroquel taper (from 75mg).

I am currently having trouble with persistent nausea (I do eat pretty well, it’s just unrelenting) and persistent low-level anxiety (punctuated occasionally by a burst of acute/panic). Could these symptoms be the result of the tapers I’ve done? I was hoping to feel stable by now. My chief worry is that I may be hitting some sort of tolerance with the Klonopin.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

~ Fiskadoro

Yes, nausea is unfortunately a common symptom of withdrawing from psychiatric drugs; I have had it throughout my taper and it's actually why this is my third taper attempt. The other two, I went back on to get rid of the nausea.

There is a lot of info around benzobuddies about how people here treat nausea, some with medications (zofran, phenergan, remeron come to mind), what people eat or don't eat (I have had to eliminate meat and dairy), etc. For me, after seven months of nausea 24/7 which was making me suicidally depressed, I started using medical marijuana daily.

Hope you feel better soon.

Wow very glad you said this, I haven’t had an appetite this week. So for the last 4 days I have ate nothing but a couple crackers before bed. Maybe this is why I’ve been feeling so bad, I’m going to try and force my self to eat soemthing during the day now.

Dub,sorry you’re feeling bad. I see this post is old, but if still having food struggles & you can stomache it you could try making some hard boiled eggs for a quick easy to eat high protein food, once youve cooked them.