Seroquel Support Group

[be...]

Hello gardener99:

Yesterday night I took 3.125mg of Quetiapine and I slept well for 8 hours. Not only that I slept in the afternoon for 3 hours. It seems that I am sleeping naturally now. I will continue to take 3.125mg for one week and stop it completely. Thanks for being around and helping me with your advises. Please comment on my post if you find anything to notice.

Thanks

AD

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [be...]

• [Co...]

• [lo...]

Hello gardener99:

Yesterday night I took 3.125mg of Quetiapine and I slept well for 8 hours. Not only that I slept in the afternoon for 3 hours. It seems that I am sleeping naturally now. I will continue to take 3.125mg for one week and stop it completely. Thanks for being around and helping me with your advises. Please comment on my post if you find anything to notice.

Thanks

AD

I notice you are doing everything right, and I'm very happy for you! :) I think your story will be an encouragement to others who took low-dose Seroquel for sleep. :thumbsup:

Hey Gard-Meister! I had to drop in and say "hi". I'm a year and a half off. It was a brutal 27 year run, but I'm on the other side. Bless you, sweet lady :)

Jeff

I’m thinking trying seroquel but low dose. Git the 25mg pills but so tiny. How do get such low doses, do you crush them up then measure out the crumbs?

Hey leann:

Sorry for late reply. Actual I actually cut 25mg in two halves. I then dissolve 12.5 mg in 80ml water. It gets dissolve easily. Then I drink 20ml of the solution daily night. 20ml is equal to 3.125mg of Quetiapine. I hope you understand. If you have doubts please ask me.

Thanks

AD

Hello gardener99:

Infact I am very thankful to you. When I read your story I thought that atleast I have found one person who is completely off Quetiapine. I am very thankful to you for your advice, your support and everything. I will keep you updated. From tonight I will completely stop Quetiapine and then see. I am positive everything will be fine.

Thanks

AD

Hey leann:

Sorry for late reply. Actual I actually cut 25mg in two halves. I then dissolve 12.5 mg in 80ml water. It gets dissolve easily. Then I drink 20ml of the solution daily night. 20ml is equal to 3.125mg of Quetiapine. I hope you understand. If you have doubts please ask me.

Thanks

AD

OK thanks, did you have any anxiety at all or was it just sleep. I really need something to calm me diwn, took 1 last night but found it bit too strong woke up in early hours felt very woozy.

Hello Leann:

No I didn't have any anxiety. It was only for sleep. My psychiatrist prescribed me 50mg of Quetiapine during tapering of 1.25mg  Clonazepam. I don't know whether Quetiapine is used for anxiety disorder. Consulting your psychiatrist would be better.

Thanks

AD

Hello gardener99:

Thanks

AD

I notice you are doing everything right, and I'm very happy for you! :) I think your story will be an encouragement to others who took low-dose Seroquel for sleep. :thumbsup:

Hey Gard-Meister! I had to drop in and say "hi". I'm a year and a half off. It was a brutal 27 year run, but I'm on the other side. Bless you, sweet lady :)

Jeff

Well, look who's here! :smitten: You were such an inspiration to me during my taper. I am so glad you are off. You deserve a benzo-free life to its fullest.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Leann, I used to have the 50mg Quetiapine tablets, and I used to use a box cutter blade and then cut them down into just tiny slivers and then just take a tiny sliver at bedtime, so that was about 3mgs. 

Hello gardener99:

I made it. Yesterday night I slept well for 7 hours without any sleep aid. I am very happy today. It has been more than 3 years I have not slept naturally. I am very thankful to my psychiatrist and benzo buddies to make this happen to me. Soon I will be writing my success story on this platform. I am benzo free for last 1.5 months and now Quetiapine free too.

Thanks

AD

Hi all, posting on behalf of my dad... Trying to taper his Seroquel I don't know what I'm doing but as I'm tapering he hàs crazy and scary rage... Is this a normal WD symptom?

I need to come back to this later just wanted to post to save the group. Thank you!

Hi all, posting on behalf of my dad... Trying to taper his Seroquel I don't know what I'm doing but as I'm tapering he hàs crazy and scary rage... Is this a normal WD symptom?

I need to come back to this later just wanted to post to save the group. Thank you!

I was only on it at a low dose for sleep (25mg). At that dose, it is primarily an antihistamine. I only experienced anxiety and poor sleep during tapering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gardener99:

I think I am facing one withdrawal symptoms of Quetiapine ot Clonazepam. I am facing Dyspepsia and all other symptoms related to it. I am taking treatment for it. My family physician says it is not a withdrawal symptoms but it's your body reaction against deep fried food and smoking. I have now decided to quit smoking from today. Did you face any such symptoms I mean gastritis, stomach pain, constipation, bloating sensation etc. Please share your opinion with me.

Thanks

AD

Seroquel used to give me severe stomach cramps about fifteen minutes after I took it.  I had stomach trouble before then though after getting off the benzo's and Z-drugs.  I had no trouble stopping smoking when I used to smoke.  Some people don't.

Hello Becks:

I took last dose of Quetiapine on 31st October. It has been 15 days I am completely off Quetiapine and almost 2 months off Clonazepam. I am sleeping well. I am still confused about my problem. I am facing stomach pain, gastritis, constipation,  nausea, bloating sensation etc. Actually this all started when I took deep fried food at some restaurant and it is still there. My family physician told me it is not a withdrawal symptom. But somehow I feel it is a withdrawal symptoms. I am taking full medication of dyspepsia as diagnosed by my family physician. But I am not sure what it is.

Thanks

AD

Hi,

I was prescribed  Quetiapine for  sleep because my Remeron is not really working.  In early November I took 2 doses two nights in a two. 25mgs each.  The first night I slept but the second night  I didn't.

I may have to use it again because my sleep still is poor and I had a terrible experience trying Ambien twice but a week apart.(I know, I know) 

I know this is a withdrawal thread but wondered if occasionally use at a low dose is okay every once and awhile? I know no one here can give me permission, I was just looking for perspective.

I just am struggling so badly with my sleep because I'm in a setback, was switched abruptly to Remerom to Trazadone after a month of use.

Final healing

I understand and appreciate your warning.  I've only taken it twice and ther was a few weeks ago.

If the Remeron worked, I wouldn't be asking plus I'm in a severe setback due to anesthesia. I lost all my 17 months of good healing and its been very hard.

Hello friends.

I am on 500 mg of seroquel, split over 3 doses. I have been on it for years (for sleep) and the doses just kept growing. During this time I have gained 60 pounds, and now, in the past week, the seroqel is not working.(It is not making me sleep) Also, I noticed I am getting feelings of being insane that are hard to explain when I go into interdose between xanax doses.

(300/2.5/2.5) That's been my dose. 

Last year I was on 4 doses, and cut one out without a problem (2.5) . Tried it again  in 6 months, couldn't do it.

However I and my pdoc have no idea how to taper off of seroquel at such a high dose. My pdoc suggested I cut 50 Mg's a month.

Lat night, I took my first 2 doses, all they did was make me hungry, so I skipped dose 3 because I am fed up with this. I got pretty much no sleep.

I noticed today, when the xanax interdose hit, I did not feel that mental craziness.

Input is really appreciated.

I will still be tapering the xanax concurrently.

My pdoc suggested I take benadryl to start my bedtime, see if it helps, and if it does, take the seroquel later.

Any tapering advice is appreciated.

I am done with this miserable poison that has made me fat and miserable, and now no longer helps me sleep.

Much appreciation for ideas and advice in advance.

Thanks Gard

I missquoted my doses!!

I have been at 150/200/150.

My pdoc suggested benadryl to help me sleep. Also, neither of us are sure how to taper, so we were thinking 50 mgs a month. Last night was pure hell. Per our initial plan, I dosed:

150/200/100.

I got nothing until I hit the 100. It was a rough night. I took benadryl twice, it may have helped, but it was an awful night in a series of bad nights.

because 100 was the only dose that seemed to do anything, I will go:

100/200/150 tonight.

I am only keeping the doses as high as they are, and even continuing the seroquel at all, because the wd is horrible, I have dropped it before, and ran back to it pretty fast. I was once on 4 doses, 2-3 years ago, and dropped a dose without an issue. Ever since then, I have tried it a few times, but couldn't do it. The wd hit the next afternoon, and hard.

It worked for years at these high doses until it didn't. I did not think it will lose its efficacy at the doses I was on. I was aware that usually lower doses are sedating, higher ones are not, but i did not get much until I went up to 150 mgs  for sedation.

Appreciate your input. This is very difficult and wearing on me.

If anyone else was  on a high dose, I wouldlike to hear your experience, but I am appreciative of any input.

In gratitude, Dove

:thumbsup:

I never that one could kindle on seroquel. Anyone know? I can't find an answer. The crap just quit making me sleep.

I read an entire thread on seroquel in surviving antidepressants. A few people were at high doses like I am. Not many. Some said it was pure hell, even cutting .25, others said it was moderate, I don't think anyone reduced without sxs.

Gard, I really appreciate all the information you have provided.

I will tell you folks, I am really scared. I am not sleeping. I did notice my last script was a brand change, so I have plenty of the old brand, going to try that exclusively and see if it makes a difference.

No more than 10% a month is advised, unless one can tolerate more. My cut of 50mgs is exactly 10% of the 500 mgs I have been on for a while., but that's OK. I need someplace to start. Cutting 50 last night did not give me any wd sxs today. So, I think it's fine to just park there for a month, per my pdocs instruction, and also Surviving antidepressants also advised a month.

Two days ago I cut out dose number 3, because I was getting no sleep all night, and was sick of the seroquel. Later that afternoon, the sero wd hit. that was fast, but hat was a one off.

I just want to sleep. Hoping the old brand gives me some relief. However, I will be tapering it regardless.

I had some benadryl, it did not help. Have also tried melatonin, and it likewise did not help.

Taking xanax at night does not help me sleep, I have never used it that way, only for severe wd in the night will I take a rescue dose, but it is rare.

SO, that's that for now.

As always, appreciate any support or wisdom with this mess

Peace, Dove :sick:

Thanks Gard

I got some sleep using the old brand, with the reduction as planned. I am still very tired.

My pharmacy is independent, and not supposed to change brands, but they do make  mistakes. I will use my 50 mgs, then refill the 100 if indeed the 50 mg tablets are effective.. I need to wait a bit for my insurance to pay for a refill.

Appreciate your suggestions. Will look into those.

And, I agree, being deprived of sleep leaves one vulnerable to every kind of physical and mental nonsense. Your dealing with half a plate of coping and function skills when your plate is already broken.

Will see how this goes tonight.

In dreams

-Dove

Well that plate shattered quite quickly. Right back to seroquel just not working.

I think at this point I have to accept insomnia as a big player in my process.

I will try a few lower doses, but I am not hopeful.

Regardless, am still tapering it along with the xanax. The whole reason I wanted to taper the sroquel is because it quit working.

Appreciate all your help Gard

Be Well

Dove

Back again.

I've taken 5, 25mg doses of Serequel this month because I can't sleep.  I tried over the counter sleep meds but they aren't working and the Mirtazapine isn't as well.

I don't want to take anymore so I'm going to stop.

I know its not a good medication to take in the long run but it's so hard when sleep due to my medication induced setback has left.

FH