Open Group  ·  68 members

Music Lovers

I AM Rockfan, therefore I am... a rock fan: You knew I was going to do this...

[ro...]

I'm sure you've heard of this band by now and how they sound just like the mighty Zeppelin. This guy's vocals are off the chart.

Love their big R&R sound. And some say rock is dead...

Greta Van Fleet ~ "Black Smoke Rising"

Great Van Fleet ~ "Highway Tune"

Great find. I like the first one more. The second is kinda bluesy, interesting. The sound definitely similar to Zep’s. This guy’s vocals resemble Plant’s indeed. BTW, Plant hates his vocals on the early Zep’s records. How very strange. Here’s the interview. "I find my vocals on there horrific now. I really should have shut the f**k up!", he says. This is what I call perfectionism ;D

I'm sure you've heard of this band by now and how they sound just like the mighty Zeppelin. This guy's vocals are off the chart.

Love their big R&R sound. And some say rock is dead...

Greta Van Fleet ~ "Black Smoke Rising"

Great Van Fleet ~ "Highway Tune"

Great find. I like the first one more. The second is kinda bluesy, interesting. The sound definitely similar to Zep’s. This guy’s vocals resemble Plant’s indeed. BTW, Plant hates his vocals on the early Zep’s records. How very strange. Here’s the interview. "I find my vocals on there horrific now. I really should have shut the f**k up!", he says. This is what I call perfectionism ;D

I remember seeing an interview with David Gilmore, one of my all time favs, and in that interview he thought some of his earlier guitar work was atrocious. Hard to fathom really

I like the band "The War on Drugs".... imagine if Bob Dylan joined Pink Floyd... to my ears, this is who they sound like... the guitar player is amazing

The Raveonette’s - Apparititions

Trippy. I like it.

Right on, Rockfan!  They have a good range of sounds in each album, while still maintaining that fuzzed out, signature of theirs.  Live, they are stellar!  Can’t wait to be able to go to shows again.

I like the band "The War on Drugs".... imagine if Bob Dylan joined Pink Floyd... to my ears, this is who they sound like... the guitar player is amazing

Yes. I like them a lot, too  :)

https://youtu.be/59mDoc8vZj0

Like this one too. Good stuff.

This song brings back memories of watching the sunrise at the tail end of a good LSD voyage. Richard Wright's organ effects at the end are spot on for the sounds you see floating through the air while in the midst of said "voyage".

Pink Floyd ~ "Cirrus Minor"

Awesome cover of a Thin Lizzy tune.

Great Electric Quest ~ "Cold Sweat"

https://youtu.be/caGCNRvkwpM

Very cool cover. I like Thin Lizzy a lot. Phil Lynott was such a talented songwriter, bassist and singer. Gone too soon, at the age of 36 only. My fav song by Thin Lizzy is "The Boys Are Back in Town". It features a great twin-guitar lead by Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson. The distinctive twin harmony lead guitar sound later influenced many bands, like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Velvet Revolver.

Speaking of Metallica. They did a cover of "Whiskey in the Jar" in 2004, but I prefer the original version by Twin Lizzy. Metallica have been unofficially doing some interesting pop song covers lately. Check

out. Rob needs to work on his vocals a little bit, but Kirk is really doing some good guitar job here.

Another nice

Metallica did in 2017 is Rihanna’s "Diamonds". The boyz seem to kinda like pop music. Enjoy.