Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Heya, Can't!

How you?

I was wondering how (bad) your lyrica taper was vs. valium?  Some seem to think that benzos are the worst... then some Lyrica takers think that is ever worse worst!

Any thoughts?

Hey there Barb.. :)

For me, -pretty similar to V, but I feel I dodged a bullet.. Well kinda, I was aware from a short trial I had done previously..  I had some WD after 1wk @150mg.. 

Anyways, at the time I had to suddenly function due to life events, and it was also when I tried to jump from 0.5v.. I kinda nearly pulled it off (in theory) but the quick tolerance got me...

I started at 25mg, but to stay out of bed I was at 300mg within 3months..

I reinstated at 0.25V and started tapering the lyrica slowly over 9mths, (from memory..).

Add on the constant opiate tolerance that has symptoms with it, and its all a bit hard to tell apart in any great detail... It retarded my nervous system, in that my legs wouldnt quite keep up with me, and there were some odd nerve twinges and mild “burning” type things,, but in essence the rest was much like benzo WD really..

The short term use probably helped... and the last few cuts took a lot longer..

It seems some cant go near it at all, while others find it helps...

Sorry, not much help.. :(

Heya, Can't!

How you?

I was wondering how (bad) your lyrica taper was vs. valium?  Some seem to think that benzos are the worst... then some Lyrica takers think that is ever worse worst!

Any thoughts?

For me, -pretty similar to V, but I feel I dodged a bullet.. Well kinda, I was aware from a short trial I had done previously..  I had some WD after 1wk @150mg.. 

Anyways, at the time I had to suddenly function due to life events, and it was also when I tried to jump from 0.5v.. I kinda nearly pulled it off (in theory) but the quick tolerance got me...

I reinstated at 0.25V and started tapering the lyrica slowly over 9mths, (from memory..).

Add on the constant opiate tolerance that has symptoms with it, and its all a bit hard to tell apart in any great detail... It retarded my nervous system, in that my legs wouldnt quite keep up with me, and there were some odd nerve twinges and mild “burning” type things,, but in essence the rest was much like benzo WD really..

Thanks for the info  Cant.

Barbara Ave I keep considering taking lyrica or trazodone like the psych said, as my taper has hit a very very hard wall. But I think it's more of an intrusive thought because I'm really scared of more psych meds after seeing them turn on some people. Cantfly, do you think you made a good decision taking lyrica or if you went back you wouldn't take it?

I love reading this thread..!! -I never have to say anything..!! Lol

You are all doing really great, given what we face...  -Or if not right now, will be in time...

Valium,

I multi tapered too at times, -well done, it can take some extra considerations...

I just wanted to say that from what I read here, I think your thoughts are pretty on track too...

Keep up the good work Everyone...

:)

Hi, Cant. It's so good to see you. :smitten:

lol, -Guess im not blocked then..!!

You make sure you get the rest and quiet time you need at this point in time... Esp if not sleeping great on top of it all..

-lecture over.. lol

My best to you too..

Same lecture back to you! :smitten:

Heya, Can't!

How you?

Any thoughts?

Barbara Ave I keep considering taking lyrica or trazodone like the psych said, as my taper has hit a very very hard wall. But I think it's more of an intrusive thought because I'm really scared of more psych meds after seeing them turn on some people. Cantfly, do you think you made a good decision taking lyrica or if you went back you wouldn't take it?

NO I would NOT take it... -Unless there was a very real need.. And thats a huge topic...

Although it doesnt work on the same receptor exactly, It still has a similar effect on things...

BUT were a benzo suddenly unavailable, perhaps it could do at a pinch to avoid things like exessive LTP...

But rather than confuse everyone, I will simply leave this link for those that want to explore these things.. It also addresses Chenka’s questions.. -If not in the paper, then certainally within the comments.. 

Sorry, its late here.. :(

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=85498.0

I love reading this thread..!! -I never have to say anything..!! Lol

You are all doing really great, given what we face...  -Or if not right now, will be in time...

Valium,

I multi tapered too at times, -well done, it can take some extra considerations...

I just wanted to say that from what I read here, I think your thoughts are pretty on track too...

Keep up the good work Everyone...

Hi, Cant. It's so good to see you. :smitten:

lol, -Guess im not blocked then..!!

You make sure you get the rest and quiet time you need at this point in time... Esp if not sleeping great on top of it all..

-lecture over.. lol

My best to you too..

Same lecture back to you! :smitten:

What great advice..!! -Taking it right now..!!

Night All..

Hello BB

Just checking in, things are going good for me. I'm on day 22 benzo free and getting better by the day.

The last 3 days has been awesome, the lingering nerve pain in my scalp is gone but still have some tight muscles that come and go. I can feel improvements for sure and hope they continue.

Everyone that's close to jumping, just remember it'll get better.

Hello BB

Just checking in, things are going good for me. I'm on day 22 benzo free and getting better by the day.

The last 3 days has been awesome, the lingering nerve pain in my scalp is gone but still have some tight muscles that come and go. I can feel improvements for sure and hope they continue.

I'm super happy to hear this caltn. Thanks for sharing your good news. ;D

Ahhh!! There is hope. A huge congratulations to you Caltn!!  I hope you feel better each and every day!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hello BB

That's wonderful, caltn!  :thumbsup: So happy you are improving!  :smitten:

Gwinna

Caltn- thx for the update. I was just wondering how you were doing. ESP the neck tightness. I’m glad it’s better. I have it too and it’s rough. so good to hear you’re noticing improvements in the first mo off!

Well, I think I am finally coming out of this last episode of terrible sxs. My stomach feels like it is returning to a somewhat normal state and I am getting my appetite back. The severe muscle stiffness pain in shoulders and neck is also lessening.

Well, All you you have to do is wait it out as long as it takes.

Now a few days of decent living and I can plan my next cut.

Maybe I should book a room at the ER? 😂

Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace & Healing

ATU🙏

Well, I think I am finally coming out of this last episode of terrible sxs. My stomach feels like it is returning to a somewhat normal state and I am getting my appetite back. The severe muscle stiffness pain in shoulders and neck is also lessening.

Peace & Healing

ATU🙏

Glad those symptoms are calming down  :). You are getting really low, sending you good thoughts!

Peace & Healing

ATU🙏

This is great news. I'm so happy for you. :)

Heya, Can't!

How you?

Any thoughts?

NO I would NOT take it... -Unless there was a very real need.. And thats a huge topic...

Although it doesnt work on the same receptor exactly, It still has a similar effect on things...

BUT were a benzo suddenly unavailable, perhaps it could do at a pinch to avoid things like exessive LTP...

But rather than confuse everyone, I will simply leave this link for those that want to explore these things.. It also addresses Chenka’s questions.. -If not in the paper, then certainally within the comments.. 

Thank you Cantlfly. I read your blog log and have a LOT of respect for your life history. And being as positive as you are after all you've been through. My respect  :thumbsup:

Peace & Healing

ATU🙏

I'm really happy to hear that!

Thanks everyone,

I have been at this a long time and although you get better at putting up with the pain it never fails to overwhelm you at times.

It comforting to know however that just when things seem their worst. The next day can bring total relief from the sxs.

Acceptance and gratitude 👍

Your a great bunch here. ❤️

ATU🙏

Thanks everyone,

I have been at this a long time and although you get better at putting up with the pain it never fails to overwhelm you at times.

It comforting to know however that just when things seem their worst. The next day can bring total relief from the sxs.

Acceptance and gratitude 👍

Your a great bunch here. ❤️

ATU🙏

Wow, just realizing your taper is super slow. That's makes me realize how fast I've gone. Maybe I whould updose much more, like up to 2.5. Enjoy your victory ATU. You very well deserve it.

Well, I finally tapered down to 3.0 mg of Valium. I have been using a combo of a daily liquid microtaper with liquid valium combined with some 2 mg valium pills.  I use the liquid valium mixed with water to microtaper, and gradually replace the valium pills with liquid valium as I get lower.

I am going to have to hold here for a bit because I am getting more symptomatic and because I will need to have a tooth extracted in the near term.  So I would rather be as stable as possible when I have that done.

Heya, Can't!

How you?

Any thoughts?

Thank you Cantlfly. I read your blog log and have a LOT of respect for your life history. And being as positive as you are after all you've been through. My respect  :thumbsup:

Thank you Valium.. :)

Not quite how I pictured the last 10 yrs to go, But It will continue to improve.. Just gotta survive the ups n downs.. Though I might not always be so great at that as it might appear..!! I have my moments too..

Heya, Can't!

How you?

Any thoughts?

Not quite how I pictured the last 10 yrs to go, But It will continue to improve.. Just gotta survive the ups n downs.. Though I might not always be so great at that as it might appear..!! I have my moments too..

Cantfly I'm looking at your signature and you're no longer on benzos right? "Just" the other meds. I hadn't seen it before because I was in acute and I was this half dead zombie trying to survive minute by minute. It seems it has lifted up and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also went to a specialized adiction psych yesterday and after one hour talking to him he convinced me to take gabapentin to make my withdrawal more tolerable. I will take it. I know everyone's going to be against it but  there are many people in BB stating they never would've come off the benzos without it, and they afterwards tapered it with some difficulty but nothing compared to Benzo withdrawal. I think if one can afford to work less or not work, doesn't have to raise a teenager, then try to go on with your taper with no other drugs. However if you just need to work and bring up a child, you can't be non functional and you have to try other options. But that's just my opinion today.

Was the gabapentin as hard to come off of as benzos? That's impossible right? I mean you don't get 24/7 terror from tapering gabapentin. If not, that's enough for me to take it to try get rid of this valium crap.

Are you still living in the North?

Well, I finally tapered down to 3.0 mg of Valium. I have been using a combo of a daily liquid microtaper with liquid valium combined with some 2 mg valium pills.  I use the liquid valium mixed with water to microtaper, and gradually replace the valium pills with liquid valium as I get lower.

I am going to have to hold here for a bit because I am getting more symptomatic and because I will need to have a tooth extracted in the near term.  So I would rather be as stable as possible when I have that done.

Confused user you're doing great. Yes, it sounds like a good idea to hold as long as you need. When I got down to 1.40 I started having very clear sxs but didn't want to listen to them and kept pushing through. Reached 0.80 and the second day I was sent directly into hell with what I thought was a no return ticket (I'd never been in acute). Anyway after updosing to 1.40 and waiting for two weeks, I'm out of hell and in the world of the living (thank you Lord). So I'm telling you don't make the same mistake and if you're feeling under the weather hold till your next cut.

Hello BB

Caltn that's great news. I envy you! Is this your first time coming off of a benzo? Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

Heya, Can't!

How you?

Any thoughts?

Cantfly I'm looking at your signature and you're no longer on benzos right? "Just" the other meds. I hadn't seen it before because I was in acute and I was this half dead zombie trying to survive minute by minute. It seems it has lifted up and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also went to a specialized adiction psych yesterday and after one hour talking to him he convinced me to take gabapentin to make my withdrawal more tolerable. I will take it. I know everyone's going to be against it but  there are many people in BB stating they never would've come off the benzos without it, and they afterwards tapered it with some difficulty but nothing compared to Benzo withdrawal. I think if one can afford to work less or not work, doesn't have to raise a teenager, then try to go on with your taper with no other drugs. However if you just need to work and bring up a child, you can't be non functional and you have to try other options. But that's just my opinion today.

Was the gabapentin as hard to come off of as benzos? That's impossible right? I mean you don't get 24/7 terror and SI from tapering gabapentin. If not, that's enough for me to take it to try get rid of this valium crap.

Are you still living in the North?

I know Cairns pretty well, but am further south in Qld now... -for now..

Yes, Im nearly a year off valium now. and about half a year off lyrica, which I imagine you know is similar to Gabapentin (GPN)..  GPN was never a taper aid for me.. I did take a lot of it in the early years, but faded it out as the nerve pain became sporadic and far less often.. The last few years its very rare or not at all. I never had a problem stopping it or with single high doses, but it did change once a benzo was in the mix.. Not too bad, but enough to notice the “interaction”.. -Extra weak, bombed out and hungover.. ie, enhanced, I guess..

Im glad it has helped you as it should.. That is a good sign of your general situation, imo.. Perhaps just a “bit” overtapered..?? Though I can only say thats my feeling/guess.. -not hard science..

My understanding is GPN will reduce the calcium ion flow much as a benzo does, just through a different receptor path... This it should calm things down on that level.. Im just not so sure this equates to actual benzo receptor healing in and of itself.. But thats not to say it isnt promoting a better overall healing environ... (Thats still one of the debates..)

I just mention this for your consideration as you decide how to manage the two in unison.. Im sure its very individual in how one will cover for the other with the actual symptoms that present..

Reading your other thread just before, I did wonder if short term GPN would get you back on track with bearable valium symptoms, -but I dont want to appear to push that idea over what you are doing..

Perhaps just get your feet back under you for now and assess options as you go..

You might not be in for that 2yrs of hell you mentioned you really wanted to avoid after all..

Thanks for the advice Cantfly! You know, I've been reading a lot on gabapentin today and TBH I'm not sure I'm going to take it. Some people say it helped with their benzo tapers, and some people are now hooked on both drugs, so it's hard to tell.

Do you think it would help to not take it everyday and only on the days that I suddenly get terrible symptoms if I ever go down that hole again?

I'm so glad to hear your nerve pain has improved. After all that you've gone through in life I think you do need a break don't you?

I'm off now to another psychiatrist to ask about the gabapentin and trazodone combo. This is becoming my new OCD. I see you can't sleep well Cantfly, because it's nighttime over there. I always know what time it is because I phone my aunt and uncle often.

ALL TIED UP: I didn't know you had just been through an acute phase. But have you been having the 24/7 terrors and everything?? Glad you're out of that.

Hello BB

Caltn that's great news. I envy you! Is this your first time coming off of a benzo? Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

Hi

Actually this isn't the first time coming off a benzo. My first benzo was Librax for my stomach. My Gastro doctor didn't inform me how to taper.  I tapered down to 1 5mg capsule then had to split it in half . Not knowing the harm I jumped at 2.5 mg of Librax. I hit rock bottom with fatigue , actually thought I was having heart problems. Reinstated on Valium cause of the horrible sxs and then started tapering . If only  my Gastro doctor would have informed me or I found BB sooner I would have been off a long time ago and healed.