Medical Marijuana

[Tu...]

Yeah, I just wasn't thinking. It's been legal for medical purposes in my home state so long that I forgot about the implications of taking it elsewhere. That and I don't smoke it, so haven't thought much about it until recently.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [GA...]

• [Bu...]

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just wasn't thinking. It's been legal for medical purposes in my home state so long that I forgot about the implications of taking it elsewhere. That and I don't smoke it, so haven't thought much about it until recently.

That's another peculiarity about marijuana's semi-legality.If you have a medical marijuana card and a doctor's prescription, you should be able to take it with you when you're traveling. But if you would get stopped by the police in a non-legal state and they found it, they could always say, "It may be legal in your state, not here!" I wonder how many people have gotten busted like that.

Hopefully the DEA takes it out of Schedule I, or better yet, take it off the Schedule of controlled substances altogether. Schedule I drugs are supposed to have a high potential for abuse and are supposed to have no medical use. But several states have medical marijuana programs, thus the hint should be taken by the DEA that this stuff does have medical value.

[c7...]

I'm sure that you realize that the DEA just re-affirmed that THC/cannabis would remain on the schedule I list.  They did this about 3-4 weeks ago.  No changes soon, I'm afraid.

It's ludicrous, of course, to place cannabis in schedule I since there are documented benefits and the risks are no worse (and possible much less) than alcohol.  But logic doesn't run the DEA.  It's all about politics.

I'm sure that you realize that the DEA just re-affirmed that THC/cannabis would remain on the schedule I list.  They did this about 3-4 weeks ago.  No changes soon, I'm afraid.

It's ludicrous, of course, to place cannabis in schedule I since there are documented benefits and the risks are no worse (and possible much less) than alcohol.  But logic doesn't run the DEA.  It's all about politics.

Yes, it's possible there are some powerful, influential groups that want marijuana to remain illegal. But the states are legalizing it one at a time. Still, there's always the chance you get busted taking it cross state lines.

The attitude towards cannabis is slowly changing. More states will open their recreational shops, eventually it gets legalized nation wide. But they may take a while!

I have found MM to be helpful with many things, including sleep. It helps also a lot with nausea and GI issues. I have also used it for muscle aches and pain. It relaxes my mind and my body. Everyone is different. From me an indica strain high in CBD, but that has a decent amount of THC is best for sleep. That two work together well. You have to be careful with THC and know your limits. In the past I said I would never use pot again becasue it made me anxious and paranoid. That went on for 8 years. Then during this taper I learned about the benefits and I got a medical marijuana card. I have only used MM bought from a dispensary. I look at the different cannabinoids and the description, get input from the people there etc. I use different strains for different reasons. I wish I had been prescribed MM instead of klonopin for PTSD.

So how much thc and how much cbd do you take? Is it daily?

What's the safest thing to try for nerve pain while tapering? I'm back in a state with legal marijuana and I'd like to consider trying something, but I want to be as safe as humanly possible.

I also used Medical Marijuana when I first got off Klonopin..it worked to help me sleep for a good two months before it started working against me and keeping me awake instead. It also made my intrusive thoughts worse.

So in my experience is it definitely provides relief but its short lived.

I also used Medical Marijuana when I first got off Klonopin..it worked to help me sleep for a good two months before it started working against me and keeping me awake instead. It also made my intrusive thoughts worse.

So in my experience is it definitely provides relief but its short lived.

Were you using the same strain throughout this time? Because earlier posts mention different strains and components to look for. I wondered if you used the same ones or tried different ones.

I experimented with so many different strains. What worked for me for some time was indica at night(it had to be vape form) and I used Sativa (smoking) during the morning/day time to help ease my symptoms.

After about two months, the Indica wasn't putting me to sleep anymore, no matter how much I tried. I bought so many different strains because I needed to sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't work and I had to quit. For that reason and the fact that it was making my intrusive thoughts really bad.

I really wish it could have been a longer term solution for the Insomnia.