Important Survey - Please Participate ×

New 12-18 Month Buddy Group

[so...]

Sugar definitely has an affect on my symptoms. I can barely eat any.

Have any of you with severe cold turkey had dental work around my time off? I am so scared and I think at the very least I need a new filling, at the worst I need a root canal.

ang,

I haven't been to dentist but wanted you to know dentist'  sometimes use fast acting  benzo's like Halcion(triazolam) and Versed(midazolam) which should be avoided or refused

The alternative I've read is propofol,I'd ask for that or some kind of pain killers during procedure.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [so...]

• [MT...]

• [...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is on here much anymore but I'll just put it out there.  I'm 14 months off k pins and have been backsliding the past few weeks. It seemed like things were getting better and better but now these old symptoms are back to haunt my days again. I did start working out regularly for the past two months maybe it's from that? Did anyone else experience this at 14 months ? I been off for as long as I was on klonopin.

The symptoms that came back are insomnia,brain zaps,adrenaline surges and anxiety that comes for no reason.  Just looking for someone who can relate. I know it will go away eventually and all that jazz but it still gets me down. Anywho hope everyone is doing well in recovery and having a chill ass summer

Remy,

I'm at something like 26 months off and I still get periods of symptoms as well as nice periods with zero symptoms. For me it is primarily insomnia, but I found that the lack of sleep brings on other stuff. Perhaps the return of your other symptoms is secondary to the return of your insomnia? Perhaps this on and off sleep stuff is pretty common for those of us in withdrawal.

Remy,

I'm at something like 26 months off and I still get periods of symptoms as well as nice periods with zero symptoms. For me it is primarily insomnia, but I found that the lack of sleep brings on other stuff. Perhaps the return of your other symptoms is secondary to the return of your insomnia? Perhaps this on and off sleep stuff is pretty common for those of us in withdrawal.

Thanks for the response. Yeah that sounds very logical. I did notice when my insomnia first went away things started getting better.  Thanks again :thumbsup:

I was in the sun for about an hour and wore sunscreen on 1/2 of my body but now I feel soooo sick.

I'm 18 months off and this has never happened to me but maybe it's the time of day? I went from 2-3. Does anyone else get weird symptoms from the pool (chlorine) or the sun? If so what do you feel like?

I was in the sun for about an hour and wore sunscreen on 1/2 of my body but now I feel soooo sick.

I'm 18 months off and this has never happened to me but maybe it's the time of day? I went from 2-3. Does anyone else get weird symptoms from the pool (chlorine) or the sun? If so what do you feel like?

Earlier in withdrawal I went swimming in a pool with lots of chlorine and got pretty sick. Definitely chemical sensitive.

I think sometimes just the heat of the sun is enough to rev up symptoms.

I decided that being out in the sun and being active is worth the long term benefit even if it revs up symptoms. I started going to the sauna. Sometimes it throws me in a little wave for about a half an hour after words, but then I feel much better all together.

As hard as it is, I think it's important to think of things we're doing right now in terms of there "long term benefit" not wether or not they rev up symptoms temporarly.

Do you guys have issues with being awkward in social situations? I notice since I been getting out more I end up bieng socially awkward often. Still can't connect with others the way I used to. I mean, I did basically spend a year holed up in my house like like a zombie, damaged goods perhaps? Feels better than it did a year ago but stil carry some emotional/mental disturbances from the damage of benzodiazepines. Just wanna be "normal " for me anyway , once again .

Consequently for these reasons it's very hard for me integrating myself back into society. When did you notice this issue leave you during recovery or do you still face the struggle of bieng a weirdo that's awkward ?

Edit: Profanity Removed

Earlier in withdrawal I went swimming in a pool with lots of chlorine and got pretty sick. Definitely chemical sensitive.

I think sometimes just the heat of the sun is enough to rev up symptoms.

I decided that being out in the sun and being active is worth the long term benefit even if it revs up symptoms. I started going to the sauna. Sometimes it throws me in a little wave for about a half an hour after words, but then I feel much better all together.

As hard as it is, I think it's important to think of things we're doing right now in terms of there "long term benefit" not wether or not they rev up symptoms temporarly.

I totally agree with your thought process.its been 2 weeks since this happened and I'm still in a wave and after looking at the ingredients of the sunscreen I'm pretty convinced the sunscreen causes this wave. It has chamomile, green tea extract and ginkgo biloba in it. Had to be that. The sick I felt lasted days and I still feel pretty terrible.

Hi Ang,

YES!  I have gone into an uptick of symptoms after swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool.  Also, sitting in the sun for more than a few minutes can make me feel lousy.

Just saw your post about the sunscreen.  It could have been that too.

You'll be okay.  It will settle down.

Sofa

Remy,

Your awkwardness in social situations is totally normal during this process.  We just don't feel like "ourselves" and we can't really attach to who we used to be and still are deep inside.  When we are healed, we will reemerge all intact.  Just accept that this is what we are feeling right now, not forever.

Easier said than done, I know.

Sofa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I'm 17 months off now. Current symptoms are muscle/nerve pain all over my body, burning skin, chronic fatigue, blurry vision, eye floaters, tremor in left hand, joint stiffness/cracking. Just keep hoping as time goes by that I will continue to heal.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
[43...]

Hey there,

I'm a little over 16.5 months off. Is there anyone else this far out without much progress? This stuff is just beyond scary and debilitating...

Hey there,

I'm a little over 16.5 months off. Is there anyone else this far out without much progress? This stuff is just beyond scary and debilitating...

im a little behind you but i have been doing horrible the past two months or so. A lot of my bad symptoms have come back full swing . It is scary how long this is taking to heal. I have been off them longer then i was on them and thought id be done by now

[43...]

im a little behind you but i have been doing horrible the past two months or so. A lot of my bad symptoms have come back full swing . It is scary how long this is taking to heal. I have been off them longer then i was on them and thought id be done by now

Thanks for replying!

I checked your sig, at least you've had some better days, which means that your body knows how to do something right in terms of healing. I'm creeped out by the time it takes to heal as well, I remember that in one of my first posts I was perplexed that this can take years...

I've had some of my old baseline sx rev up recently as well, I presume it's because I drank a lot of tea recently that had valerian root in it. For example, the boaty feeling is worse and my hands feel more disconnected from my body again, right now it's especially bad. My anxiety is at an all time high as well, I'm afraid to leave the house even. All I can do is sit on the couch and listen to an audiobook or podcast...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at 11.5 months so I've started reading this group a little and it gives me a lot of hope that things are starting to change for the better. Hope you don't mind me joining you guys as I reach 1 year.

I'm at 11.5 months so I've started reading this group a little and it gives me a lot of hope that things are starting to change for the better. Hope you don't mind me joining you guys as I reach 1 year.

Welcome aboard.  :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Question for you guys.. I'm just over a week from a year and this past 2 weeks I've had a few great days and the rest have been horrible, worse sx and intensity, new stuff, all day waves rather than an hour or two that I was having for months prior. Morning sx came back a few weeks ago, anxiety, surges, pain. In fact probably the worst 2 weeks I've had in many months. I've been feeling pretty down and defeated after feeling my windows being 90-95% and baseline getting better. Have many of you seen things get bad close to a year? Was there a big improvement after 12 months?

Thanks!

Hey guys I turned 12 months off last weekend and actually it's been a really rough patch. I keep a symptoms log at night and it's been a long list most days. Made it out for a walk today but home back on the sofa - exhausted with muscle weakness and pain and roaring tinnitus. Feel totally weird and depressed.I honestly can't see any improvement from say 6 months ago which is worrying. 

Enough already!

I'm with you, most hours in a week for months this past week. Only 2 good days out of 5 so far. Today was good until 2pm then benzo flu in the afternoon and early evening, but after yesterday this was paradise. I wanted to die yesterday. Managed a whole work week though and the good days I felt close to normal. I couldn't work 3 hours at 7.5 months and felt completely out of it and it was in bad shape. This alone is something that shows how far I've come in 3.5 months.

Just a week til a year now!

Bonaventure, I felt like you yesterday and I felt no better than 6 months ago but my good days say otherwise. It's hard to believe when we have those really bad ones but we are through the worst, 12 months. We have this..

• 2 months later...

Lol I have been reading on the old 12 to 18 month blog and realized that this was an old blog. Thanks benzo brain.  ::) I'm following, need the support right now. 2ND time around for me. This time c/t a year ago. Getting hit pretty hard right now. Hope it's ok to join you all.

Thank you!!

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...

hey friends, hope everybody is doing better.

I was wondering if anybody in the 12-18 range is getting increased muscle twitches. Mentally I am doing pretty good and stable overall. the downs are not as low, the ups are good, and the baseline is decent.

but my twitches just don't go. there are better days and worse days, and they can appear anywhere. For example I would feel tension in my arms and this would be followed by twitches in fingers. i have this for months now on and off.

another area is the lips, eyes, or various leg muscles. tics on and off.....

1 thing which definitely helps to reduce it, is CBD, but I am trying to avoid taking it daily, and use it only when it gets bad.

In general I did not had any twitches for the first 6 months post benzo jump, then it started to become worse (while mental s/x got better....)