Open Group  ·  68 members

Music Lovers

What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?

[be...]

June 26th I will Celebrate My Fathers Birthday. I feel no Sadness as I can feel him near a lot of the time, always there to catch me if I should stumble. I can sometimes still smell Old Spice in the air around me, and when I see a yellow tabby I remember Mambo, a kitten my Father rescued from a sure death, and he loved that cat, and the cat loved him, in fact My Father would say to Mambo dance for me, and honestly that cat would shake its hips and do a dance, but only for My Dad, I asked him once have you always loved cats, and he told me that as a small child there was never any pets as they traveled a lot back and forth from Mexico to  El Paso  to pick beets and such. One day he saw big boys hurting a cat and he fought with them and was not able to save the cat and from that day on he said to himself that he would someday give a good home to a Cat, as he was not able to save that poor cat, he said after the bully's left, he took the cat and buried it right where it lay, and put little twigs in the sign of the Cross on the small mound. The Man I love and called Daddy has such a big place in my Heart and there is so much more he gave me, and because of Him and My Mother and Gods Grace I am Blessed to have had them both as My Parents. And there is no doubt that both are in Our Heavenly home, no doubt whatsoever. Love you Daddy, enjoy your day with all of Our Family that was accepted into Our Lords Heavenly Home. Also I have been so blessed to have had two Cultures to grow up with and learn and enjoy each one equally.