Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Your Appearance in w/d

[Se...]

I always wore makeup.  I've liked putting on makeup since I was a teen.  Not so much on weekends, but during the week... for school and work.

Since the w/d, it is nearly impossible to even think about doing my face or hair.  It's very odd.  I don't really go anywhere anyway, but I've simply found I don't have the motivation or desire to do anything but throw a bit of lip-balm on my chapped lips when I have to go out.  Anything more than that seems to be a monumental task that saps energy I don't seem to have right now.

SerenityNow-Rest assure the way you are feeling is very normal. Once I started feeling much better and going out at night I started wearing make up again. During the day I wear sun block and lipstick (have been doing this for years). When my hair was shedding and breaking off I was scared to even wash it. Once my hair stopped shedding I decided to get my hair colored and a hair cut and I felt like a new me:)

I always wore makeup.  I've liked putting on makeup since I was a teen.  Not so much on weekends, but during the week... for school and work.

Since the w/d, it is nearly impossible to even think about doing my face or hair.  It's very odd.  I don't really go anywhere anyway, but I've simply found I don't have the motivation or desire to do anything but throw a bit of lip-balm on my chapped lips when I have to go out.  Anything more than that seems to be a monumental task that saps energy I don't seem to have right now.

SerenityNow-Rest assure the way you are feeling is very normal. Once I started feeling much better and going out at night I started wearing make up again. During the day I wear sun block and lipstick (have been doing this for years). When my hair was shedding and breaking off I was scared to even wash it. Once my hair stopped shedding I decided to get my hair colored and a hair cut and I felt like a new me:)

I got my hair cut/colored a few months ago.  It was very nice.  But the makeup thing... I honestly doubt I'm that "into" it anymore.  Like my priorities are completely changing.  In order to care about my appearance, I need to be in that balanced "flow state" where I can derive enjoyment from looking good.  I am currently nowhere near that state, and I just need to survive long enough to pull through this life crisis.  Yup.  Maybe that's all.

Like everything else in this recovery,I have good days and bad.

Yesterday was super good until I made the mistake of eating out and then bloat city,lol.

I swear it makes me never want to eat because then I blow up like a Macy's Day Parade float  :P

Hi, I like to think I'm attractive, at least that's what a lot of people tell me. I know some of this is aging, I am 61. But I know some of this are the damn benzos. I really worked on myself, a lot, before all this happened. I practiced a lot of meditation, read many books on trying to be 'more' than just focusing on myself in this way, that kind of stuff, so I really wasn't bothered (all that much) about these types of issues. But then came the Benzos and this w/d/ I found/find myself gazing into the mirror (it was REALLY bad in acute w/d) just telling myself how UGLY I am! Focusing on every flaw, it's maddening. Intellectually, I know this is NOT the thing to do...There is no pay-off in it but to make myself feel awful. I think the tenets of most major religions in the world ask people to focus on others, because to focus on one's self this way is the road to madness/anger/self-pity, low self-esteem. Some things we can change? A bit? Others, we can't. I can't stop the clock..But I can do things to make me look better and feel better on my own journey. It's an issue for me too, and I think a lot of the work I have done for myself was almost erased by this w/d. But not completely. Now that I am 4 and half months out from jumping I feel (and look) a bit better! But what is just a subjective view of myself? And what is actual change? That seems to be the rub. Perhaps we will never know. I was heartened to read here, other women going through the same thing and talking about after healing a whole lot they got a lot of their looks back. Their hair got better and thicker. Their skin became more moist and supple. Their eyes brighter, their bodies carriage better because they stated to exercise again and straighten their spines, and tone their muscles. Etc etc etc.

I have ALWAYS had great skin, it's probably my best feature. And I know that's taken a big hit from benzos. Because it only became dry and -- how do I explain it? It feels like my face is plastic, nto my true skin ONLY since this w/d process. So, since it's not supple anymore, the crags and wrinkles really stand out. My hair is very thin and wiry, a whole host of things. But I do know that it seems to be getting just a bit better because every now and then I can exercise - just a bit. I can take longer walks. So I do think some of this will get better with time and healing. The rest that won't? I will just have to accept it, what else to do? Condemn myself? I'm going to TRY not to that. That just leads to bad feelings that do no good. I also think that a lot of our looks is based on what we think of ourselves, as well. How we feel about ourselves. These things transmit, are telegraphed in our energy, the way we carry ourselves in this world. The way we project ourselves to other peole. I've seen beautiful people who feel bad about themselves project that out, and I've seen more average looking people be considered way better looking because of the way they carry themselves. I think this has a lot to do with how we are percieved. So yes, when we are in w/d, we are generally feeling bad about ourselves, and that registers. In time, I know I will not consider these types of issues so much, and just get on my with my life and meditating, feeling good about myself. I just have to be patient and do what I can do to make my situation better, as time goes on. Best to you!!!!

I'm 21, used to dress savy with my hair combed and sprayed, now it's just combed. I walk out savy but with the hair getting blown by the wind with no hold, eh, I guess I'm pulling off a casual look now. My eyes have been getting better though :) and let me say, each mirror gives off it's own look. My eyes look like shit at my apartment but when at home or any mirror in a restroom, I still have got the looks :) Eh on the phone pictures though, you need to use the angles.

Ive been told i look more attractive after benzo withdrawal.  Yeah i know...what are they on??? Lol. But as i heal i can see what they see.  The last 7 years had me in severe withdrawals from other meds and taking tons of antibiotics due to lyme and i was bloated like a blimp.  Don't get me wrong,  i still can do with tighter skin and fill in some bald spots but my figure has come back in this healing process.  Im doing some rebounding and it has helped with the booty for sure.  We can always do with more booty :idiot:  To anyone in doubt,  it definitely improves.

P.s. Only thing holding on for dear life are the blue veins all over me.  Legs and hands specifically.

Good thread ..I'm 10 months off .. When I hit tolerance I lost 90 lbs it was quick I was losing anywhere between 5 and 8 lbs a day the weight was gone in 2 and a half months. From a size 12 to a size 2 .. So yeah I looked very sickly at 5'9 .. The weight has gone up by 30 lbs and I'm glad cuss everyone says I look healthier .. But my skin got bad , I lived in sweats no makeup hair falling out but it's going away everything but these 30 lbs OF COURSE ..LOL

my mom said I looked homeless for awhile , then I just decided to get up and fix my hair and wear a bit of makeup even if I wasn't going anywhere .. Kind of a LOOK GOOD FEEL GOOD type of thing . I'm just st wondering if the weight will stay because my closest is full of clothes now to small , to big and a few just right lol

I look like I have aged 10 years in 10 months..on top of that my I grew a bunch of gray hair...I hate this I really hope we start looking better again soon..I wish we could Sue Big Pharma get a fat check and go chill on a tropical Island until all the BS withdrawal is over.

I would love to go to a tropical island where people will take care of us. I am sure we feel alot better than! Xxx

[9f...]
Part of my easy attire is the trusty crossbody purse,afraid to carry a regular purse being this dizzy and loopy headed.The way I walk off balance,Id probably drop a satchel or hobo,then bend to pick it up and fall ass over teakettle and seriously hurt myself! :laugh: :laugh:

<------------here WHAt i look like!

v

LOLLL.  Vasilisa...you puurrrrttyy!

here more of me ::)

15-hilarious-cats-in-costumes-hello-kitty-cat.jpg

vasilisa-cat  :smitten:

Does anyone has an old skin? I have :( is this because lack of sleep. I am 34..

Yes, I definitely do, I turn 30 this month. Its more noticeable on my face and neck area though. My skin is really thin, no connective tissue or fat in my face at all. My skin sags and hangs at neck/jowl area. Have fine lines on face, skin looks like leather. My skin seems to be loose all over my body though. This is very depressing to say the least, have zero confidence these days. Going through this seems to place the body in a catabolic state, the lack of sleep, stress, etc. can do this. I will never take what I had for granted, that's for sure. We'll get it back.

Does anyone has an old skin? I have :( is this because lack of sleep. I am 34..

I have. It became like that after the 3 first weeks under antipsychotics. Nothing have changed since 3 years, I'm waiting for the jump from valium (which is indispensable in my case because the polydrugs withdrawal induced potentially lethal seizures). The half good new is that I'm able to do again intellectual tasks. I see 2 paths in the future : a retired life, beeing able to work again but far from people as I can't even accept my old face and body in a mirror, or working again among many people if all those drug marks disappear and even doing physical tasks if muscles come back and metabolic disaster disappear ( I weight 220 lbs and impossible to loose anything whatever I do)

Btw, a friend of mine told me that his mother looked 10 years older (wasted skin, eye bag / circles, swollen nose and cheeks) in the face under klonopin and went 10 years younger after a 3 year's taper. I wish the same destiny to all of us. It's hard to believe in natural reverse aging appearance.

Well..I can gain weight again. That's good aside from the fact that my cheeks are super fat from all the pizza and fries that I just ate -_-

• 3 weeks later...

HI everyone  :thumbsup:  after researching I've found out what my 'Facial hair problem' is. Its  vellus hair (peach fuzz) and thats exactly what it looks and feels like, and ALL WOMEN have them, in fact all humans have them  but mine seem to be really noticeable to my vision and especially my touch. Yet another 'Sense corruption' bought on by Benzo's  :tickedoff:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vellus_hair  And they can also play havoc with the condition of your skin as the shafts get oily and blocked and all sorts of things can happen all because of these little 'peach fuzz' hairs >:(

And all this began with withdrawal and getting more noticeable as I taper in fact its becoming another unwanted 'obsession' to the point of 'phobia' but like all 'phobias' its totally unfounded. So for all of you going though the same thing and also skin problems , that means Guys as well,there's an easy answer to 'vellus hairs'' you don't want and its shaving them as its not true they grow back worse than they were before 'vellus hairs grow back the same as pre- shave.

Its yet another stunt by the Beauty industry to make money on lies and paranoia, and shaving your face is also marvelous for rejuvenating the skin, taking away wrinkles skin resurfacing and anti-aging etc  ;D Read the link article here also with a Video  below, where Newport Beach plastic surgeon, Dr. Edward Domanskis encourages his female patients to shave their faces to slow the aging process.

He says that by removing the top layer of dead skin cells, the exfoliation can result in a tightening and plumping up of the skin through constant cellular rejuvenation. .Dermatology and plastic surgery offices across the country offer a similar procedure of shaving the face that costs hundreds of dollars called derma-planing. Elizabeth Cummaro, R.N. aesthetician comments, “I see a remarkable improvement in my client’s skin after I perform derma-planing, which is almost exactly what shaving does.”

http://facethis.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/womens-facial-shaving-defuzzing-myth-of_20.html

So for all of you feeling hopeless and helpless there is an answer that doesn't involve mega bucks Plastic surgeons, dangerous chemicals, fillers  or procedures  that have to be expensively repeated in order to get the same results each time, or even worse than when you started. Ima gonna shave my way back to beauty, and all it will take is a  cheap razor!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think the major thing that stood out for me was the dark circles under my eyes.. I ALWAYS look tired and kind of sickly. Getting a little better but still at 8 months I look worse than I used to. I have also had a hard time gaining weight and lost a lot of my chest. :( Whomp whomp.. I want my curves back! This stuff messes with your hormones big time. Also- my skin is more dry and I don't seem to quite have the same glow as I used to. I feel like I have aged quite a bit in this past year. Hope it improves in time!

While tapering and post jump, I had really bad circles too-- it was bad. It has gone away, I'm almost 2 years out though. I think things slowly do return to normal, but it takes a looonng time.

I gave up and assume my prematurely aged body and face and hope a rejuvenation therapy with stem cells in 10 years or so if it is safe and less invasive than botox, hyaluronic acid, scalpel etc

Early withdrawal really not much personal hygiene at all.  Now a lot better, a lot better but still not right.