Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Your Appearance in w/d

[Se...]

I feel unrecognizable from where I was two years ago. I always looked (and was told I looked) 10 years younger than I am. I was fit, slim, tight, I had never been over 122 my entire adult life. I had energy to do whatever I wanted and was pretty blessed with good genetics.

Now I weigh close to 140, my hair has receded, I have brown and red spots all over my face that make-up makes look worse, wrinkles, tired eyes, and just generally my face looks so different. I am eating the same as I always have and it doesn't matter.

I keep trying to tell myself that my whole body is under construction and maybe it will get better but, at a year out, it doesn't seem to be so.

The same person while in WD

SSR1975

Buddie

I will beat this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: horrific cystic acne

« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2017, 16:52:38 »

thanks - i have tried tea tree oil, lavender oil, frankincense,  none of it worked- if anything it made it worse...... i actually had the same CNS reaction i had to antibiotics from them so i guess anything topical really does get into circulation just as much as orally taken....

so - i am going to have to endure at least a few weeks of antibiotics to try to break the cycle.  the dermatologist wanted to put me on accutane which is way stronger than antibiotics....... there was one topical that worked- onexton but i was literally crapping blood 4 days later.......

just sick that not only is my brain so damaged but my external appearance has been destroyed..... i think because my stop was a cold turkey the damage seems to be far more extensive than what other people are experiencing who tapered.... it seems spine surgeons know nothing about the meds they are prescribing......

And after

SSR1975

Buddie

I will beat this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: 2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better

« Reply #161 on: 10 February 2020, 14:26:43 »

i'm doing amazing -  just landed  a  Vice President position  with  a great  company, bought and renovated  my  dream house just about a year  ago,  rescued 2 puppies  this  summer, work out 7 days  a week, back to looking 10 yrs younger than i am,  traveled  all over  the world in  the  last bunch of months...... feel grateful every day - and don't take a single minute for  granted.  healing from this takes a ton of courage, discipline,  determination, patience, but it's worth it .  i've  received lots of  messages from people saying  they followed  my  eating  and vitamin recommendations and have  recovered so much  faster  than they expected.  i  really  think genetics play  a big role - so  - while this  has  worked  for  me  and many others - there  are  some it  may not work  for  -  although  i must say most people  say they've only tried  one thing versus all of it.....  i don't think diet change  alone would do the job...... although it  certainly helps..... and  yes  - after i  was fully  healed  for a period of  time-  i went back  to eating  whatever i wanted - except avoiding  soy  - and i'm fine. 

lastly - because  it  gets lost in so many other threads and  posts - i  cannot  recommend  www.brainsync.com enough.    listening  to the relieve  anxiety  MP3 file on repeat really helped me  get  through  the zero  sleep  and morning  anxiety and many of  the horrible  symptoms.  to this day (2.5+ yrs out) - i still have spurts where my sleep isn't great - most likely  due to perimenopause  - and  i'll put  in  earbuds and lay in bed  and within 20 min i'm out......

best wishes for healing  to all

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=205360.msg3036722#msg3036722

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Strange godless eyes.

Out of everything I think that's what freaks everybody "outside' the most

I've watched a lot of videos and this symptom can be permanent!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My appearance right now isn’t very appealing….just keeping it real.  I haven’t had my hair done in months.  I really need to go in and get it done, so I feel better about myself, but I just don’t want to.  I am barely keeping up with my skin care routine……I don’t put makeup on, unless I absolutely have to, and I don’t dress up, unless I absolutely have to go some where that requires nice clothes.  I try not to schedule those types of events. 

Right now I am in pj shorts and a loose fitting shirt, with my hair on top of my head.  I haven’t washed my hair in 3 days.  Tomorrow I will wash my hair, but I won’t do anything to it, it will just go in a scrunchy.  I will do my hair for Thanksgiving,  UGH!  I know this sounds so lazy, and I feel so lazy, but I just don’t have the energy or the “want” to do my hair and makeup and to go out and participate.  I really don’t feel good.  :-X

I do “try” once I am out, and I try and be happy and smile and engage with others as I know this is good for me.  Walking my dog’s is really good therapy for me and I always feel so much better when I do that on a regular basis……I may not look great doing it, but it feels good  :thumbsup:

PS…There was a big black spider on my couch tonight crawling right by me, and then I lost it…..I searched for 30 minutes.  UMMMM I CAN’T SLEEP!!!  My honey is sick and I can’t sleep with him in the bed, I don’t want to get sick, we are staying separated.  UGH!  :oXo: :oXo: :nono:

Marie  :)

My appearance right now isn’t very appealing….just keeping it real.  I haven’t had my hair done in months.  I really need to go in and get it done, so I feel better about myself, but I just don’t want to.  I am barely keeping up with my skin care routine……I don’t put makeup on, unless I absolutely have to, and I don’t dress up, unless I absolutely have to go some where that requires nice clothes.  I try not to schedule those types of events. 

Right now I am in pj shorts and a loose fitting shirt, with my hair on top of my head.  I haven’t washed my hair in 3 days.  Tomorrow I will wash my hair, but I won’t do anything to it, it will just go in a scrunchy.  I will do my hair for Thanksgiving,  UGH!  I know this sounds so lazy, and I feel so lazy, but I just don’t have the energy or the “want” to do my hair and makeup and to go out and participate.  I really don’t feel good.  :-X

I do “try” once I am out, and I try and be happy and smile and engage with others as I know this is good for me.  Walking my dog’s is really good therapy for me and I always feel so much better when I do that on a regular basis……I may not look great doing it, but it feels good  :thumbsup:

PS…There was a big black spider on my couch tonight crawling right by me, and then I lost it…..I searched for 30 minutes.  UMMMM I CAN’T SLEEP!!!  My honey is sick and I can’t sleep with him in the bed, I don’t want to get sick, we are staying separated.  UGH!  :oXo: :oXo: :nono:

Oh dont worry too much about it.  You are doing your best!  Your post brought up a memory I can’t shake.  At one point, I went 5-7 days without washing my hair.  The OCD to clean was more pain than worth it.  I remember being in a grocery store and the flies swarmed my head  :laugh:  I just thank God those days are behind me.  I try to wash my hair every 2-3 days now but im sure if I left it to 7 days, flies can swarm me again lol.  Sorry to hear that your honey is sick.  Best to keep your distance and nurture somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dont worry too much about it.  You are doing your best!  Your post brought up a memory I can’t shake.  At one point, I went 5-7 days without washing my hair.  The OCD to clean was more pain than worth it.  I remember being in a grocery store and the flies swarmed my head  :laugh:  I just thank God those days are behind me.  I try to wash my hair every 2-3 days now but im sure if I left it to 7 days, flies can swarm me again lol.  Sorry to hear that your honey is sick.  Best to keep your distance and nurture somehow.

Hi- Thanks for the reply.  I actually went two weeks without washing my hair once when I was doing a rapid cross over from K to V that went all wrong and I was a mess.  I did manage to get in the shower, but I just couldn’t wash my hair.  I have long hair and it’s hard.  Just the towel drying from the shower was overwhelming and I had to psych msyself to do that.  It was my lowest point.  Thankfully no flies were swarming me :laugh: :laugh:

Marie