• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinia,

You'll be okay sweetheart.  I spent 14 months in terror every day with no relief.  My days are getting better now.  We all heal from this.

Lov, Sofa

Yes, we do all heal from this.  I had a much better day today -- dare I say close to normal?  I am seeing the light.  Everyone, hang in there ....

Yes, we do all heal from this.  I had a much better day today -- dare I say close to normal?  I am seeing the light.  Everyone, hang in there ....

:thumbsup:

Hello,

My one year anniversary is just around the corner.  What a ride this has been!  Had a great window from 4 to 7 months then was slammed hard with insomnia, etc and had to stop working.  I'm still in this horrible wave, so hard to remember the window I had but thankful for it.  Pressing onward hoping and praying for better days.

. Since I stop withdrawing from klonopin I have several bad reaction to my daily antidepressant. Every  day I take antidepressant In the morning, after 3-4 I have such a rush that I am screaming from pain, I was on Effexor and right now on Paxil and I have the same reaction. Doctor is telling me that they don't know what is going on- I was on Paxil for several years and never have such a respond to meds. I know that my nightmare started when I start withdrawing from klonopin. I feel like my nerve system is on fire. Did anybody have reaction like me. I am greatfull for any responds.

Hello,

My one year anniversary is just around the corner.  What a ride this has been!  Had a great window from 4 to 7 months then was slammed hard with insomnia, etc and had to stop working.  I'm still in this horrible wave, so hard to remember the window I had but thankful for it.  Pressing onward hoping and praying for better days.

Niners, I'm so sorry you are not feeling well right now.  Better days are just around the corner for you.  You gotta believe it and try to hold on.  Congratulations on being one year free.  That is huge!!!

Hello everyone-

Just stopping by to greet and give an update to how my journey is going. This voyage has recently put me in a situation that a year ago I would have mever been able to fathom or overcome. Lately I have been pushing myself to do things and try to enjoy life as much as I possibly can. As anyone on BB's knows, this is easier said than done. Having spurts of intrusives while on a caribbean island is not my ideal vacation but all of the moments in between where phenomenal.

Long story short I was stuck at the airport an entire night and I didnt end up in a hospital. Its as if the anxiety that had tortured me for years did nothing to me....I slept on the floor and watched the sun come up surrounded by strangers. This may seem like a nuissance and it was but wow...I did it, I stuck with myself and didnt freak out like the benzo lies told me I would. That in itself was sublime...I still cant believe I got through that :)

Now if only those damn intrusives let go of me, I so hunger for normality...

Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to share.

Hello everyone-

Just stopping by to greet and give an update to how my journey is going. This voyage has recently put me in a situation that a year ago I would have mever been able to fathom or overcome. Lately I have been pushing myself to do things and try to enjoy life as much as I possibly can. As anyone on BB's knows, this is easier said than done. Having spurts of intrusives while on a caribbean island is not my ideal vacation but all of the moments in between where phenomenal.

Long story short I was stuck at the airport an entire night and I didnt end up in a hospital. Its as if the anxiety that had tortured me for years did nothing to me....I slept on the floor and watched the sun come up surrounded by strangers. This may seem like a nuissance and it was but wow...I did it, I stuck with myself and didnt freak out like the benzo lies told me I would. That in itself was sublime...I still cant believe I got through that :)

This is awesome Leo...So glad to hear that even though you felt some stuff, the truth is, you WERE ok and able to reason properly.

That is one of the finest moments for me in my recovery, where a blade of grass did not terrify me and my reasoning started to return. So GOOD!! Your getting there. This time next year, you will be farther still.

:smitten:

magic

Hello everyone-

This is awesome Leo...So glad to hear that even though you felt some stuff, the truth is, you WERE ok and able to reason properly.

That is one of the finest moments for me in my recovery, where a blade of grass did not terrify me and my reasoning started to return. So GOOD!! Your getting there. This time next year, you will be farther still.

magic

May the lord make your kind words reality Lysa...:)

The intrusive thoughts are a symptom I find puzzling. 

Mainly because for me, they were always there.  Even before the benzos.  My whole life I've had these.  I've just learned to ignore them.  I just wonder what that says about my brain ?  :-\

Just dropping in to say hi and wishing everyone continued healing.

We are all getting better.

I will be a year out in 5 days and am doing pretty well.

Those who are having a rough time today, remember that at this stage recovery speeds.

Wishing everyone a symptom free day.

Hi,

Thank you niners you gave me respond on my question, something I was thinking but not saying loudly. I asked doctor and his respond was that this is not possible. I am so glad that someone stop and listen me for a second, I am so tired of medical profession and they lack of knowledge. Klonopin distroyed me, but I am not going to listen them anymore. Thank you guys

Kinia,

Have you heard of the Ashton manual? In this manual it suggests that if an antidepressant is necessary when in benzo withdrawal, a very low dose should be started.  They can't just start you at the therapeutic dose.  If you decide you need an antidepressant try asking your doctor for a smaller dose then what is recommended as a start up dose and go slow.  Hope you do well and good luck.

Leo - Great post!  You are so right, sometimes we really have to push ourselves.  It is so easy to give up but it is a really important part of our healing to push through the tough times.  Sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

Leo - Great post!  You are so right, sometimes we really have to push ourselves.  It is so easy to give up but it is a really important part of our healing to push through the tough times.  Sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

Herckie-

Thank you! If anything, I only wish to show anyone starting this odyssey that things can get better. I really thought I could never do anything without benzos. There is a slight redemption for me with that.  Bless you all for being so strong! Prepare for victory :)

Hi, 8-9 months out and hit an acute like wave. I was doing fairly well. I was able to go to the gym and do yoga and eat whatever I wanted. At about 8 months, just before Christmas, I hit a bad wave. The nausea is as bad as it was during acute and it's been a month. Now I'm back to couch, bland food, and zofran like candy.

Guess I'm looking for moral support. I know healing isn't linear, but symptoms this bad are discouraging and worrisome. I have a history of bowel obstruction and intestinal infection, which is why I was put on Xanax, so nausea this bad makes me worry something else major is going on. I have an appt this afternoon with the doc.

I've lost so much since I got sick nearly two years ago, including many friends. No one wants to be friends with the sick girl who can't do anything or doesn't feel well. It's a horrible catch 22, I'm bored and lonely, yet don't feel well enough to do much of anything anyways.

Perhaps it's the stress of the holidays, or a normal thing that can happen at this point in recovery, or I am getting over a cough/cold and read another thread that mentioned it can increase symptoms.

Feedback very welcomed. Thanks.

Misschshell, you are further out than me, but from what other buddies have shared, it is very common to have severe waves later in healing.  I'm glad though that you went to the doctor.  Hopefully, the doctor was able to put your mind at ease.  I hope you get some relief soon.  This will all be over with some day.......

Hello BB'S! :smitten:

Please count me in, I'm 6 months out today. I hope everyone is getting some relief.

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon!

Stay strong BB'S!! :hug:

Hi, 8-9 months out and hit an acute like wave. I was doing fairly well. I was able to go to the gym and do yoga and eat whatever I wanted. At about 8 months, just before Christmas, I hit a bad wave. The nausea is as bad as it was during acute and it's been a month. Now I'm back to couch, bland food, and zofran like candy.

Guess I'm looking for moral support. I know healing isn't linear, but symptoms this bad are discouraging and worrisome. I have a history of bowel obstruction and intestinal infection, which is why I was put on Xanax, so nausea this bad makes me worry something else major is going on. I have an appt this afternoon with the doc.

I've lost so much since I got sick nearly two years ago, including many friends. No one wants to be friends with the sick girl who can't do anything or doesn't feel well. It's a horrible catch 22, I'm bored and lonely, yet don't feel well enough to do much of anything anyways.

Perhaps it's the stress of the holidays, or a normal thing that can happen at this point in recovery, or I am getting over a cough/cold and read another thread that mentioned it can increase symptoms.

Feedback very welcomed. Thanks.

Nausea was one of my absolute worst symptoms and I lost a ton of weight. It started lifting some at 3 months but periodically would come back and visit, especially when I overdid it, including a couple of weeks ago. Still, it started happening less and less. I think for those of us who've had this as a severe symptom it hops on the train with our other symptoms with wave but it *will* pass.

Yay for making it to 6 months, Blessed. This is a lovely group of humans. Well, I'm assuming we're all humans. There could be a cyborg or alien in the mix. Sometimes I'm not to sure about myself ;)