Important Survey - Please Participate ×

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Saraa - it is wonderful that you are helping your friend today.  I bet that will help you to feel great.  Yes, low energy is definitely in my house today too.  I did get some things done but now plan to chill and watch Nurse Jackie the rest of the day.  When we were grocery shopping earlier today, I could feel the low mood trying to creep in.  Time to relax..........  When does this crap end?!  Huh.  So sick of it and want to be healthy, happy and full of energy again!  I know it will happen when my mind/body have healed. 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

herckie

Nurse Jackie was one of our top shows for a while in this house.  It fell off our radar after a while though and we dropped it.

Orange is the new black - Netflix original - is a good one.

My favorite Netflix original series is House of Cards with Kevin Spacey.  It's a remake of an old BBC show adopted for US politics.  Quite a good show if you haven't seen it.

Walking Dead is pretty good too, but I haven't watched any of that during healing.  It can be a little intense.

Herckie,

Well i wasn't able to do much yesterday but it all worked out well as my friend was taking a break from cleaning so we both did ok to sit it out.

I am sorry you have the low energy going on.  It will get better with time.  I did watch Nurse Jackie for a bit and then dropped out of it. I am glad you are finding shows to help pass the time.  Whatever works is good, right?  I hope you can sail through and get better soon. :smitten:

Hi,

Can anyone here tell me what kind of magnesium supplement is calming?  My son, 19 is having very bad anxiety.  I hear magnesium can be calming, though i myself am not able to take it as it give me bad depression, but i know there are different types.

Any responses are appreciated.

I  thAnk everyone who responded to my other post.  Almost 11 month cold turkey anyone else have trouble just doing functions like I have a hard time functioning with my hands And my arms.  this really sucks that I'm unable to do a lot of the things that I was doing before which wasn't much but it was at least some things.  just tried brushing my teeth and its like my brain is not registering or remembering what is like to do that struggling really hard just to do simple normal things

What is wrong, I can't believe that I am off 11 months and feel so bad. I felt that I was healing and right now I lost hope. I am in deep dark tunnel and there is no exit. I heard so many times that people are getting better . What is wrong with me

Kinia,

If you've read the posts it seems we all in the 11 month off are having a horrid down turn.  Hang on it will pass as it did before.  It just seems harder, the shorter the waves the harder they become to bear for some reason.  Its almost like we have lost all our abilities to cope with this withdrawal thing.  When i come to think of it, i don't use breathing and meditation anymore like i used to in the past, i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Frustrating is a nice word to describe what we are going through when in a wave.  I was doing pretty good for 2-3 weeks and then boom.  Was it the bread or the yogurt or is it earth's cycle around the moon and the sun or whatever...... All the doubts on board again.

Its crazy.....

Don't loose heart- we are almost a year off this thing and then the summer is coming, things are always brighter in the summer and then we'll be off to feeling like normal humans again.

Talk it out, cry it out, ask for help and support to come and distract you.  Buddies here are the best medicine.

Thinking of you and wish you a better night tonight and a even a better tomorrow.

Hugs

S

Good Morning to all 6-12 group

Ddd, Herckie, g33k, Kinia,,

We are all going through a rough ride.  Looks like it has something to do with our timeline.  So let's look at this as a good sign that we are all about to turn the corner.  Almost all a head have said that 14 months is a major turning point.  Another good note is that we've put a good distance between us and jumping.

Hang in there buddies.  The walking and the limbs are trying hard to wake up and go to work.  Muscle memory is working hard to remember.  Let's be patient. 

Distract by having people around.  Talk it out.  It seems to take away from the panic of OMG what is happening to my body. 

I am shaking from jaws to legs vibrating as i am writing this.  Let's not even mention the mental anguish. 

It will pass for sure as it has done so in the past. 

Wishing everyone a bit better day. 

I've read success stories at the one year mark who thought that at 11 months they would never be healed.  So it can happen anytime.

Love

Saraa

Good Morning to all 6-12 group

Ddd, Herckie, g33k, Kinia,,

We are all going through a rough ride.  Looks like it has something to do with our timeline.  So let's look at this as a good sign that we are all about to turn the corner.  Almost all a head have said that 14 months is a major turning point.  Another good note is that we've put a good distance between us and jumping.

Hang in there buddies.  The walking and the limbs are trying hard to wake up and go to work.  Muscle memory is working hard to remember.  Let's be patient. 

Distract by having people around.  Talk it out.  It seems to take away from the panic of OMG what is happening to my body. 

I am shaking from jaws to legs vibrating as i am writing this.  Let's not even mention the mental anguish. 

It will pass for sure as it has done so in the past. 

Wishing everyone a bit better day. 

I've read success stories at the one year mark who thought that at 11 months they would never be healed.  So it can happen anytime.

Love

Saraa

Sarsa-  you don't realize how inspirational you are you are an awesome person keep us in line we need it.  you're right we're all going up and down at the same time and we're so close.  let's ride the wave together and get to the shore.  god bless you for your positive attitude and spreading the good the good attitude that you have we need to remember this could be worse this could be something that would never go away some people never get the opportunity for a second chance at their life and we will will get there together

Saraa, Love your post.  Thank you so much.  Hope you turn that corner soon. 

Everyone in the 6-12 month thread, we are just so close .... we need to hold on a little longer .....

Ddd, Herckie

So glad my post was helpful.

Just to let you know, after 2 days of down time thinking i would never see the light of day again today turned out to be a perfect beautiful day.  I was happy, able, hopeful, planning and wanting. 

I went to give a ride to a family member to the Airport, loved the drive the music on the radio and just loved  how i felt.

All along baffled at this THING.  I couldn't for the life of me even chanel how i could have been so sick this time yesterday. 

Please hang in there we are on are way,  this thing is changing its face & schedule and it can be tough but i know we are healing.  The worst downturn at around a year 9-12 months is really really tough but then i am so hopeful.

I am with you all the way, holding you in waves and celebrating the breaks until we are done. 

sending you love and hope :smitten:

Saraa,

I have tears in my eyes reading your post.  I am so happy for you, sweetheart.  I have beautiful perfect windows every single night starting around 6:00pm.  It's difficult to even imagine I was in withdrawal during the day, it's so perfect and calm and "normal."  We are getting there, Saraa, and we will pull all our buddies up out of the muck with us where the air is fresh and the skies are bright blue.

We can do this, buddies.  We WILL do this.  We are nearing the end of this painful trudge through the bowels of hell.  We are beating this withdrawal with nothing but guts, perseverance and sheer will-power. 

I love and admire each and every one of you warriors.

Love, Sofa

Awww Sofa,

I am so happy you are getting the good evenings every single night and soon it'll be all day, more days and all days. 

After i came home from the dropping off family at airport, i went out again to a hooka bar with friends came home 1am.  Tomorrow morning 9 am to the vet and therapist at noon. 

Hang on buddies, i was thinking when driving tonight to meet friends listening to music, 70s disco, i had a glimpse of my future.  Yes back to the future for all us.

Nobody will be left behind here.  Onward we go warriors! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone.

I am noticing that waves and windows are coming more rapidly now.  I am starting to notice cycles of faster waves and windows. 

I didn't want to say anything before but I am at 4, rapid wave window cycles, and counting.  This is definitely a shift in pattern now.

The waves intensify quickly, and honestly they feel almost every bit as bad as acute, but then they just sort of vaporize and I get a window of equal length.  Most often it's over night or into the evening that the shift occurs.

This roller coaster feels like it's moving faster for me now.

Had a better day yesterday was able to do paperwork and make it through the day without laying down today night is good energy down started out doing paperwork back to laying in bed don't know if I did too much but I feel like a wave is starting to hit real hard pray tomorrow is better in the wave is gone one week away from 11 months

Ddd, I am glad you had a lift of sorts and promise you this wave won't be bad.  At this point try to get out of the house when i do i feel i go through the wave with less head stuff,  that is so bad if it gets a hold.

g33k- Yes its changing and i am so hopeful, its loosing its steam.  yes its back to moving faster again for me too.  The worst was the lull of continious veg depression state.  Now its good again, the ups are good again and the downs , well emmnnn, not so nice.  But way shorter, way.

Ddd, I am glad you had a lift of sorts and promise you this wave won't be bad.  At this point try to get out of the house when i do i feel i go through the wave with less head stuff,  that is so bad if it gets a hold.

g33k- Yes its changing and i am so hopeful, its loosing its steam.  yes its back to moving faster again for me too.  The worst was the lull of continious veg depression state.  Now its good again, the ups are good again and the downs , well emmnnn, not so nice.  But way shorter, way.

Saraa-  wish I was able to leave the house but I am still too weak so I can do to walk in my backyard at times but I do feel like I'm getting a little stronger the shaking in the weakness seem to be less today which is good and it was much less yesterday hoping that soon I will be able to leave my house.  daily struggle just taking a shower and attempting to do a few things but I'm pushing through it really hoping this starts to really get better so soon

Dropping by seeing as how Ibam officially into month 7. I have good mixed with horrid in terms of WD. I recently came out of a 3 day window and it always makes me feel a bit down losing them. Heres to all of you and the beauty of days to come. The see saw ride sucks but at least there are ups along with the downs :)

Hi Buddies,

I'm happy that many of you seem to be experiencing a turn for the better. That's wonderful!

I seem to be experiencing a plateau. Over the past several months, I'm only having windows about once a month that last for about a day. My baseline hasn't improved, but it hasn't gotten worse. Hmph.

I've actually never had a window last longer than a day, and I'm nearing my 1 year anniversary on Jan.11. My journey hasn't had frequent windows, but the baseline slowly improves. But now, I've reached a plateau.

I've heard you guys say that the 14 month mark is a turn around point for a lot of us. Maybe that will happen for me. It just seems weird that my windows happen only once a month, and don't last long. Have any of you guys experienced this?

Regardless, I'm going to keep going! I'm going to get some light cardio in this evening. Then some meditation. I'll never give up.

Love to you all,

Bubbles

Hi Bubbles,

I am 14 months out and get windows at 6:00pm.  Never had a daytime window.  Since I'm 14 months, I sure hope it's the magic number.  I try not to get my hopes up, but hope is the only thing we can control.

Love, Sofa

Good for you Sofa. Its uplifting tonsee someone start experiencing some positives during this whole ordeal. Keep hope alive, soon it will become a reality :)

Thank you for your respond, I am feeling already better that this is possible to feel like that. I hear non stop This is not possible- withdraw only last couple weeks. I stopped trusting myself and listen other opinions

Sofa, g33K, Herckie, bubbles, Leo, kinia, Ddd, and all on 6-12

I am so happy everyone is seeing a shift in symptoms and intensity. 

I certainly have.  I am taking care of let's see a dog who just had 4 teeth extractions today, so back and forth to vet in flood warning.  Looking after my mom 84, my brother who is a guest staying over for a few days, cooking and running erands all being really tired after having partied last night until 1 am.  Today i was scared of the tiredness, thinking OMG how do i get rid of being tired.  Am i going to freak out or am i going to go under, just holding my breath not knowing how to unwind.  BUT Nothing happend!  I am confused :laugh:

Yes i had the symptoms at play in the background like the numb chin and calf vibration but to a lesser degree.  I had the depression but to a lesser degree.  A doable degree.  Yes i feel vulnerable yet strangely very strong. 

I call it the pinball machine of the nervous system recovery.  That silver ball hits all different targets making all sorts of noise.  From right to left, up and down it forcefully pings off one target to head for another this time perhaps stroking it softly with a whisper, then again a loud ping, so much hoopla before finally rolling down inspite all efforts, it falls down.  Game over and we have won! Buddies we will win. :smitten:

Good Night all, Wish everyone a great night and an even better tomorrow. As i sleep I will do my usual visualization, day dreaming about all the things i love to do and say f..k it to the rest on my to do list.  I am so happy and amazed at how i was not able to walk or talk about a month ago now i am superwoman.  What the heck?