FLIP'S FREEDOM

[Fl...]

• 2 weeks later...

BStrong - I'm not sure you'll find your way back here, but if you do, please know it gets so much better. The fatigue is probably your very wise body telling you to rest while it works it's healing magic. I hope you can honor it and treat yourself kindly.

IHope! - it's so good to hear from you and it has been a very long time! I do not have an audible account, but thanks for providing that reference for everyone else who does.

What have you been doing? Did you get through your school program? Remind me what it was. Was it integrative medicine of some type? I know if was rigorous and I know you are up to it. Catch me up when you can.

:smitten:

Flip

• 3 months later...
Flip, your story is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Can I ask where you live in the country? Region is enough? It sounds like you had wonderful doctors at the end and I'm curious in case I'm near them. Keep up the good work.

Hi Flip

Congratulations!

Thank you so much for your story every story I read gives me hope for the future but until then all we have is today and we will get through it together thanks again

Stephen, I am in the Oklahoma City Metro.

Yes, I have had incredible help here which a lot of people find astonishing since Oklahoma is sort of backward overall. What I have found in life is that if one looks through a lens of expectation of being guided and finding the help we need, it comes. After all, this is a journey we are on, this human thing we do, and the benzo portion of it is just that - a portion.

Be well,

Flip

• 3 months later...

Dearest Flip,

I havnt been on here much lately, but just went back & read your Sucess story again.

As always, you bring hope & inspiritaion, & I will be forever gratefull for all the encouragement

you gave me, & so many others.

Your sucess gives me such joy.

Thinking of you & sending much love

xoxox

margaretisabel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MargaretIsabel!

It's delightful to hear from you. I haven't kept up with everyone like I would like to, but I did real a while back that you still are not having very many good days.

I do think that the innate intelligence of our bodies will eventually restore us. It seems to be different for each of us and I never get tired of new understandings that this journey is not linear. I think it is multilayered and has much to teach us, not the least of which is acceptance and courage.

One of the guideposts (for me) of doing this the right way is that what comes out of us are the exalted emotions like compassion and gratitude. If that is the case, you certainly are doing it right as you exhibit both so freely.

I learned recently that when we show ourselves self-compassion that our bodies will release the hormone oxytocin, which is the same hormone that mothers feel when bonding with their newborns. Our bodies respond to kind attention, gentle touch, soft encouraging words, and acceptance, even if the touch and words are our own extended toward ourselves. I hope you will be able to use that wonderfully artistic touch you have and direct it inward toward yourself, celebrating every beauty that resides in you - and they are myriad.

Thank you for coming by. You are always so real.

Flip

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Flip & so good to hear from you & hear your kind words.

Yes, we need tenderness & compassion for ourselves & for others.

I still struggle each day & just hope symptoms will abate someday -to makes things easier.

Your encoragement always helps, so gracias, my friend.

xoxox

Hey Flip, so great to read your story. What amazing courage and fortitude you've shown. It was lovely being alongside you on the journey way back when. I'm pretty much as good as ever, after a long slow taper off ativan use of over 20 years. Big hugs

xx

Ange

• 1 month later...

Hey Poppins. Sorry for the delay. Knowing you are "pretty much as good as ever" is a magnificent thing to read. Sweet success! Wishing you wings for the remainder of your journey!

Flip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flip - I messaged with you early on when I first joined BB - I keep your success story printed and with me most of the time - I too have been diagnosed with possible Lupus - I developed sleep apnea while on Benzo's and several other conditions you too documented - (horrific vision issues)

I am so worried about the autoimmune stuff and my vision - I have a long way to go in my taper - and worry that the stress of it will push me over the edge - that my body will never recover so you are my inspiration

Thank you for that

I keep reading this over and over for inspiration. It is only today that i realized you are "Fliprain"  not "Flipbrain" .  Can wait to be free of these pills. Thank you for posting your success story.

Hello Fight and Grey - maybe we should change those to WIN and SpiritHorse!

When first came to BB, I was trying to do FlipBrain but misspelled it in my fog and that's how the name came about. I never knew when registering that day so many years ago just how important BenzoBuddies would be to me.

I am so happy that my story gives both of you hope. Hope is a very precious thing when you still suffer every single day. The thoughts that enter our head are that we will be that one that is simply too damaged to recover. It is a lie. We do recover enough. Mine was so, so gradual that I almost didn't know it, but I so distinctly remember one day I was standing outside the doctor's office on a beautiful May Day and for the first time in years, I felt pleasure at the sun on my face and neck. I felt deep, bodily pleasure and I knew that I was going to make it back. I will always be grateful for that ray of hope that day. It felt like I had been caressed or kissed somehow by a force that was so magnificent and reassuring and loving. I feel that way pretty often now.

Keep taking that next step both of you. Do the next right thing for yourself. You have an inner wisdom that will guide you if you listen. I would urge you to spend moments of being present in nature and see if you can connect to that life around you and feel that hope I felt. That will give you strength to continue.

Wishing you both strength and fortitude and courage.

Blessings,

Flip

Flip - thank you so much for your reply!  I have hope - Fear keeps me from moving forward but I'm trying to push through that

I read in your story that you were diagnosed with Lupus and I'm wondering if you had positive ANA and if so, how high if you remember and did that all go away? I'm so sorry - these questions must really be a bother!

Again - thanks for your reply - I think you give MANY hope.......and your continued replies and support mean so much

(((HUGS)))

• 1 month later...

Grey, so glad that you find comfort in these stories.

It truly takes so much courage to keep walking this path when not much changes. Sometimes the improvements are so discrete, we don't notice them until we look back and realize a symptom is gone.

I am a firm believer that our bodies are wonderfully equipped to always seek health. What we feed them, both in food, water, thoughts, emotions, and things of the heart like hope support that effort toward renewal.

Keep trusting that you will also heal!

❤️

Flip

• 8 months later...

Dear Flip,

I see your post was from 2014 but I wanted to say thank you anyway. Your story is inspirational. It is from the heart.

Thank you again and I hope you are doing well.

NYATIVAN

86 days since last dose.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bella! ❤️

NYATIVAN - now 96 days for you! Congratulations! So glad an old success story was a positive you you. That was 100% my intention.

Be well. ❤️

Flip

Doing good, Bella. I am exploring a new issue with MTHFR and have come back to try to learn how this might affect those of us who went through the benzo nightmare.

I finished school last year and am now working on licensure. I work with people who have addictions, mostly to meth. It’s amazing to me that they know to stay away from benzos. 🤔

How are you???

❤️

Hi Flip and Bella! Congratulations Flip! My daughter that I told you about is now in the Masters program and just finished her first semester. She heads back Tuesday and also starts her Internship at a school working with 5Th and 7TH graders, However as of now she is planning to be a Therapist for Adults. I'm so proud of you Flip!

:smitten: :smitten: Jackie

Doing good, Bella. I am exploring a new issue with MTHFR and have come back to try to learn how this might affect those of us who went through the benzo nightmare.

I finished school last year and am now working on licensure. I work with people who have addictions, mostly to meth. It’s amazing to me that they know to stay away from benzos. 🤔

How are you???

❤️

Sorry Flip, I know I can probably find this information in a previous thread, but I'm too out of it to go back and look. When did you notice your waves starting to lessen and improve?

Hey flippy....

Congratulations!

Glad to hear you are all graduated & working on getting licensed. Do you find it rewarding helping those drug addicts?

I went & read that new MTHFR thread. I think I want to be tested for this. I just read another article that says 1/2 the population carries a mutation of this gene. Which mutation do you have?

Hey, sorry you are still feeling those old nasty symptoms again damn girl...does it ever go away... :D:-\

Hey hey Jackie Brown.....

How you feeling these days. I read a few weels ago you were in that aweful wave has it lifted yet? I will go visit your blog soon..don't wanna hijack flippy's blog she may kick my arse... :laugh: