• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [Sm...]

• [...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry ladies for what you all are going through.  YES, stay away from the scary support groups.  Valiumnomore...I hope you can stabilize soon...that's a long time to not be stable. 

I drank a Coke and put in my bite splint and my jaw pain is totally gone and I'm feeling very good so gonna go out and pop fireworks. 

Happy New Year...may it bring healing and stabilization to you both!  Ya'll are braver than me! 

Oh no!  Probably not good to drink in Benzo wd.  I was wired up but I always feel good when I'm wired.  but thanks to my benzo, my AD, and hormones I hit the sheets and passed out all night.  One thing I gotta be grateful for is that I sleep so well.

So what is it about coke that made me feel so good and clear headed..weird.  Still pain free today.  If this stuff ever turns on me I don't know what I'll do.  Just grateful that it hasn't yet. 

Here's to a new decade but it's making me feel old...lol. 

Hi Lib,

Lol. I am the same way with chocolate. Weird. It makes me ferl good and keeps me awake. My ad benzo makes me slerp

I feel like all I do is sleep!  This whole thing is making me feel. old. Today I have heartburn. Jeez.  My mucles are still wacky bit not as bad. Phew. Nothing makes sense  about this. The human body is not supposed to fo this crap. It posessed or something.lol

[a4...]

Hi all hope you are having a good day.  Went for a walk and drive a little today.  Feeling okay and going with it.  Happy New Year 🎉

B

Happy new year to all the ladies in this thread. Suzy I was reading your signature once again as we're holding together. Did you finally hold at 1 MG klonopin for five months? Or less? I'm very symptomatic and not cutting any time soon.

Lib, I would like to not obsess about coming off, because I really can't do it being so unstable. I'd like to be able to relax like you do, because it seems to be that you're not obsessed about coming off like I am. How do you get to that point?

Hi Janice,

I have been holding for 3 months at .80. I have improved but seem to be going back to being more anxious and fearful. Not sure what I am going to do. Plus my thyroid med was upped and I am not sure if that is making me feel weird. If you dont feel stable, I wouldn't rush imo. Maybe you need a longer hold.

Hi Janice,

I have been holding for 3 months at .80. I have improved but seem to be going back to being more anxious and fearful. Not sure what I am going to do. Plus my thyroid med was upped and I am not sure if that is making me feel weird. If you dont feel stable, I wouldn't rush imo. Maybe you need a longer hold.

Suzy can you go and have your thyroid tested to see if your dose of levo is accurate? I'm also much much worse since yesterday. No way I'm tapering like this. My life is too demanding and you want to work. I'm holding still. I'm giving myself as much as eighteen months if necessary, like olive kitty. If I'm still like this after that, I'll reassess.

I just had it tested. It's not that low. Dr. Upped it to .50 from .25. I was told I have hashimoto's about 10 yrs ago. Who knows if I have sx from that. I dont know. I am not in a rush either. We need to be functional. Other ppl have held a long time and they are ok. You still seem pretty symptomatic and me too. So I guess we just keep holding.

I just had it tested. It's not that low. Dr. Upped it to .50 from .25. I was told I have hashimoto's about 10 yrs ago. Who knows if I have sx from that. I dont know. I am not in a rush either. We need to be functional. Other ppl have held a long time and they are ok. You still seem pretty symptomatic and me too. So I guess we just keep holding.

I took 50 in the beginning and it gave me anxiety so I went to 25 and I was fine. My tsh is in optimal levels with 25 levo. Yes Suzy, we hold then. What else can we do? 😔🐘🐘🦠🐢🐢

I think this is making me super anxious.  I get tested in 6 weeks. Ugh. Gpkeep on holding 🌼🐘🐱🐘

Yes, we don't want to compromise whatever progress our brains are doing with a too early cut. You'll be OK with the thyroid. You just need the precise dose.

Maybe I am just feeling the adjustment more because of the benzos. Maybe it will level out.  :tickedoff:

I hope those three weeks pass quickly. There are plenty hashimotos and hypothyroidism fb groups. I'm on those too but I never visit them since my levels are OK now. Gnight Suzy 😘

I always feel anxious when my doc ups my thyroid..he upped it by only 30 mgs of Armour and within 2 weeks I was having the worst heart palps.  I lowered it and felt so much better.  I even went up by 15 mg increments and still had issues.  but Armour has lots of T3 in it.  but thyroid is very good now.  I flucs along with my hormones.  Madness.

Valiumnomore and Dehytq2....you ladies have come down quite a ways in your taper...feel good about that!!  I can't even budge off my 5 mgs of Librium.  I think it's comparable to 1.5 mgs of V?  I'd really like to know but not for sure.  After reading about this guy named Oscar who did a very long hold, he came out feeling pretty good after a good while...don't know if he continued his taper tho. 

Well Valiumnomore.....I guess I don't obsess about getting off my benzo cause it works so well for me still.  I have had times tho where I did obsess as I couldn't find another doc to prescribe them to me 3 years ago...it's why I had to get on benzo groups to find out how to taper cause I ended up going to my old doc who was getting up there in age so I was scared of being cut off.  Luckily I found a new neuro doc who is young and won't take me off if I don't want to.  I just hope these Benzo Awareness groups don't scare these doctors into cutting everyone off or halving their dose which I've heard of that happening.  Terrifying to say the least. I just keep the faith that that won't happen to me...that my doctor will always give me the choice.  Sometimes I do dwell on it which causes me sxs but when I don't I do very well.  I do have an anxiety disorder but it hasn't gotten worse or anything.  I guess if I was tapering and hitting bad sxs I'd be super paranoid.  I just say give it time for you and you won't feel that way so much.  You are still unstable like you said.  Plus this med hasn't turned on me...I have to have faith it won't..just can't think about it I guess.  I'm gonna enjoy my life while I can...all about quality not quantity. 

Bnot...so you are another long timer.  I haven't been on here in 2 years and I get back in my favorite support group (besides the daily tapering group) and immediately find 3 women who are long term users.  Are you tapering down off the Valium currently?  I will check in and see how you ladies do in the future as I can't go by others experiences that aren't near as long term as we are.  I

I don't know what my future holds other than I want to enjoy my 50's.  If ya'll have time, go look at Oscar's starting post in the long term user group.  He's another librium user so I had found his stuff early on when I thought I was gonna have to taper.  TMJ pain comes back with a vengeance.  I got whip lash years ago and didn't get probably treated for it!  Damn doctors!! 

Dehytq2...I had episodes of HB after my gallbladder was out..no fun.  It would last for days and nothing helped it.  Just time.  Caffeine tho usually will give it to me and chocolate but it hasn't been lately.  I have Hashimotos too.  I'm also a Celiac...no gluten, no dairy, no red meat, no caffeine (except for yesterday...lol). My antibodies are only at 20 now.  I'm making note that your name is Suzy. 

Blessings to you all!

Gosh I'm so sorry about my long post..I love to talk!!

Suzy, can you explain your muscle spasms to me?  Where are they located?

Lib, you're so upbeat that Dehytq and I really need to be around you now girl! I like your approach. Yesterday I looked for the equivalent. According to Google, 25 librium is 10 Valium so yes you're around 1.5 _ 2. I need to borrow your mindset in this and stop obsessing about cutting, having to be on it forever, being cut off... This is killing me. I'm going to think like you from now on. Valium didn't turn on me either. Everything was fine until this third taper. Kindled. But that doesn't mean I have to rush off. I need to get that tattooed somewhere.

Well thank you!  I'll stay put then!  lol.  The mind can do wonderful things.  When I step back from anything benzo I feel so much better about things.  Be proud of yourself for how far you've come down.  Concentrate on everything non-benzo..think about the things you love.  You will stabilize at some point....rushing will only cause issues.  And obsession is never a good thing.  You should get that tattoo!  lol   

Okay so 1.5 to 2 mgs of V...that's what I was thinking.  My doc can't lower my dose...I'm on the lowest and it's in a dang capsule. 

glad to hear the Valium hadn't turned on you.  I've kindled as well as I've gotten off and healed and got back on.  Our story is very similar.  I asked my doc if there was anyway for me to get pregnant again so I could have all those calming hormones...lol.  then bye bye benzo and AD! 

Hang in there lady!  I'll keep sending you good vibes!  To you too Suzy!  BTW...my name is Terri

Hi lib,

I am thinking i need to lower this thyroid med.  I feel terrible. Ugh.

My sx usually are not as bad as they are today. My legs calves hips and feet and lower left back. Its crazy. I try to stay away from bemzo stuff too I notice i do feel worse. I agree we dont need to rush. Just listen to our bodies. Oh what a day.vlThanks Terri  :smitten:

Hi Ladies! Thanks for sharing all of this good info. I was diagnosed a few years back with Hashimotos but never did anything about it. I went to an endocrinologist this year to see if my chronic fatigue could be related to it. He didn’t feel that it was but prescribed me low dose levothyroxine anyway, I think just to appease me. Anyway, I tried it for a few days but it seemed like my anxiety increased. So I stopped it. Do you think I should have tried it a little longer? My tsh levels are within range. But I have read that one can still have thyroid symptoms regardless. Thanks for your input!

Hi Dont,

Mine was just increased about a week ago. My thyroid level is a little incrrased. .06 somethimg. I think it is supposed to he under

05. I felt like i was getting a cold at firstm Then i felt very bad anxiety. Today I feel good.  Oh i was starvimg too. Feel ok today. I dont know what to think. I  so confused.  I am.not even site what hashimotos does to you. I dont know what is benzo or thyroid. You could try it and see if it helps. If it makes you anxio6s tellnthe dr. Maybe there is an adjustment period. Then i thougjtaybe the benso made me more sensitive. I hope you feel better.  I hope i stawy ok too. See what happens.

Dontforget, I am really not knowledgeable about thyroid so I can't give an opinion. I do know it they give you more levothyroxine than you need, you'll get anxious. They gave me 50 and I couldn't cope so I cut it down to 25 and it worked for me but I wouldn't recommend it. I run risks with my health but not with other people's. I did it because I really couldn't cope with the 50 mcgs so I cut the pill in half and after a few days felt great. But this was like playing the lottery so I think you should go back to the doctor and tell him/her what you feel.

Dehytq good afternoon. I hope your muscles are not in so much pain today.

Lib18, I did read all of Oscar's posts. He was very very depressed in the end and one day he just disappeared, so I don't know what he did after he left. Do you know Gardener tapered librium and actually finished her taper very recently? She has a progress log where she explains her whole taper. She dissolved it in liquid and did a liquid taper. She did a very slow taper. I bet you can do that when or if you ever decide to try. Her progress log is very well structured and nice to read.

Bnotafraid I'm glad you could drive and felt so much better. I hope the window stays open for long.

• Popular Now