• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [Sm...]

• [...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks miranda..was it from a health food store? Did you know your hormone levels from blood or urine tests? Sorry you are suffering. 

I tried store bought after my taper alongside cutting remeron and was shakey mess so quit cream and stayed on remeron

Anyone try compounding w dr that knows this stuff?

i had a surprise "miracle" pregnancy (they told us we couldn't conceive because of endometriosis) back in 2001 which caused me to CT the zoloft. nobody told me about WD back then. i went through it with no idea that's what it was.

anyhoo we lost the baby at 4 months, and the devastation and grief and depression and anxiety etc (also WD but i didn't know) caused me to get into the psych hospital soon after and eventually i got a total hyst since i didn't want the painful monthly reminders that i had a broken baby maker... (i'd had over a dozen miscarriages in the years between age 15-25)

so fast forward to today, on estradiol patch 0.1mg weekly, and 300mg progesterone at night.

ive been tapering off of seroquel/quetiapine since oct 2017 from 400mg to 68.75mg now.

will be adding gabapentin taper on july 15th 2019.

lastly after those i think or perhaps sometime during those tapers i'll tackle clonazapm taper.

i love the progesterone. great for bones, good for hot flashes EXCELLENT for sleep. helped with libido for awhile also. only negative is very tender boobs.

i hate estradiol and was almost completely tapered off however i reinstated the entire 0.1mg patch due to extreme dry itchy skin despite slathering high quality moisturizer over all of my body everyday. sigh. i can't take the dry/itchiness making me feel like a junkie in withdrawals when i'm NOT! so had to go back on. can't do regular tapering SX's and WD's with itching skin 24 hours a day!

has anyone else had to make that decision/trade off? i mean..forced to stay on hormones until the tapers are finished or i reach the age of a natural menopause? since i'm post surgically in post-menopause, chemically and physicallly i am the same as a woman in her 60's but i am 46. i had planned to taper off the estradiol by the time i reach about 51 or sdo when avg menopause hits, but i'll still be tapering probably then. so  i wonder how long i'll need to stay on  hrt to avoid SX's exacerbated by coming off of it.

also anybody have to discontinue progesterone for any reason?

[glow=red,2,300]thx to any who reply[/glow]

The progesterone I'm tapering off is Progensa 20, an over-the-counter product at a specialty pharmacy; then they quit carrying it and I order it now. I did not have my hormone levels checked, as I figure they are about zero, since I went through menopause long age and no longer have a uterus.

BTW, I hit menopause at age 36, after my son was born, had horrible hot flashes, etc., and got an estrogen patch, but the doctor did not give me progesterone, which is needed to counter the estrogen. (Damn doctor.) As a result, I got uterine cancer. Had a hysterectomy at age 49. As years went by, I developed anxiety. When I ran out of patches and there was a blizzard so I could not get more, I calmed down and realized that the estrogen was causing anxiety. I quit it, cold turkey, and went through menopause the hard way.

MirandaJane

[8f...]

Adding to this conversation......I began estrogen & progesterone at the tail end of my V taper to hopefully offset horrendous pain with each cycle.  It was helpful for a little bit but then backfired.  While on the lowest dosage of estradiol, my estrogen shot up creating a whole other set of painful symptoms including endometrial polyps and ovarian cysts that require surgical removal, now. 

In addition, I'm using a compounded progesterone cream.....100mg.

I requested a complete hormone panel before starting hrt and I'm glad I did.  This came in handy when the estradiol escalated requiring a quick taper back to a target number.  This entire benzo/hormone ordeal is nightmarish......

Can progesterone cream cause anxiety attacks? I just started using it at bedtime for two nights. Both times about 90 min after putting it on, I got hit suddenly with a racing heart and sizzling sounds in my ears. The progesterone is the only thing I’m doing that’s new.

Does anyone know if you can have hormonetrubble inspite of being 60? I have gone thru menopause 5 years ago. Some nights and even days I feel warm for no reason. Anyone?

does anyone know the effects of the AZOLE class of antifungal and antibacterials on our hormones and also on us during benzo use?

i took clotrimazole cream 2% for 7 days intravaginally for a yeast infection which turned out not to be yeast and made me feel sicker,

then the dr gave me metronidazole "Flagyl" thinking it was a Bacterial Vagnosis...it was not, test came back negative and it made me feel worse.

i even told the dr i wasn't comfortable using more azoles since the first one but that's what i got anways.

then she calls me to say the test was negative for BV and she assumed it was yeast again, and called in Fluconazole "Diflucan" to which i again protested but that's what i got and took it anyways.

it didn't work, made me feel worse.

my symptoms since the beginning of this infection have been as if i were tapering my clonazepam but i haven't changed it at all! crazy sweating under pits and in groin area when strong emotions, also irritable, headaches, stomach aches and back/kidney belt area aches and nausea. insomnia, nightmares. crying spells.

and the damn infection down there that is unresponsive to antifungals and antibacterials/antibiotics so far...i suspect it is cytolytic vaginosis, the overgrowt of a good bacteria bacillus which maybe was made worse by using plain yogurt and probiotics when they said it was probably a yeast infection.

i go in for a wet mount/wet smear on weds to see what the hell is really going on down there. the baking soda douchesand suppositories help the itching go away. but it comes back

Hi

I could use some perspective.

I had been using progesterone creme foe aboi 4 years, I'm post menopausal and turning 60.  I had done HRT earlier on minipaose but then was poly drugged for depression.

I stopped by progesterone creme probably too fast this summer and on top of that our dog unexpectedly died,husband had surgery and I had to jump from Lamictal abruptly due to an adverse reaction. 

Ler myself be talked into benzos to handle it.

Getting ready to start a taper next month.

All this to say is that I'm pretty nonfunctional at this time.  Gyno and hubby think going back on HRT might help.  Shw prescriber a combo patch but it's not bio identical.

So two questions

Has anyone gone on HRT at 60 or above?

And has anyone used non bio identical 

I have a friend who is 70 and had been on synthetic HRT for years with no issues.

Thanks

I am 63 and have been taking synthetic for several years.  I had to have a very stable dose and did not seem to able to do that on bio.  Mary  :)

Hi Mary , can I ask you... are you taking projesterone and estrogen?

I’m going trough menapouse too and feels like I’m losing my mind. Insomnia anxiety sweating terrible burning head and body.

I tried bio id. Hormones ( projesterone) for 1.5 years and had more anx panic attacks so I came off 5 months ago.  Now I’m thinking to go on synthetic hormones to get some relief.

I just want to feel better.

Love and healing

Vica

Hi

I had been using progesterone creme foe aboi 4 years, I'm post menopausal and turning 60.  I had done HRT earlier on minipaose but then was poly drugged for depression.

I stopped by progesterone creme probably too fast this summer and on top of that our dog unexpectedly died,husband had surgery and I had to jump from Lamictal abruptly due to an adverse reaction. 

All this to say is that I'm pretty nonfunctional at this time.  Gyno and hubby think going back on HRT might help.  Shw prescriber a combo patch but it's not bio identical.

So two questions

I have a friend who is 70 and had been on synthetic HRT for years with no issues.

Thanks

I am 63 and have been taking synthetic for several years.  I had to have a very stable dose and did not seem to able to do that on bio.  Mary  :)

I’m going trough menapouse too and feels like I’m losing my mind. Insomnia anxiety sweating terrible burning head and body.

I tried bio id. Hormones ( projesterone) for 1.5 years and had more anx panic attacks so I came off 5 months ago.  Now I’m thinking to go on synthetic hormones to get some relief.

Love and healing

Vica

Yes, both.  I tried bio too, but I take them for migraines and they have to be very equal on a daily basis and that can be difficult with bio.  ;)

Hi

So two questions

Thanks

Love and healing

Vica

Yes, both.  I tried bio too, but I take them for migraines and they have to be very equal on a daily basis and that can be difficult with bio.  ;)

Hi Mary,

Can I ask how much projesterone you talking? And how you feeling with your headache?

Gynaecologist recommend a estrogen vaginal pills for me bc I have burning uterus and pain. Even some blood in my urine. So scared to start hormones again when I’m off for 5 months but I’m so sick and getting more sick I have to do something. Not functioning for 4 years now.

I think I developed a severe anxiety disorder. Anxiety headache 24/7

I think I have to go back on hormones. All my hormones down to zero. Shaking non stop.

:'(

Vica

• 2 weeks later...

well i found out on monday that Bayer, the maker of the only transdermal estradiol patch that i'm NOT allergic to, has yanked their contract with the distributors that both pharmacies that our insurance company allows us to use (walgreens and a local compounding pharmacy) got my patches from.  i was on my last patch and thought i was going to be able to refill my RX but apparently not.

we cannot afford compounded estradiol cream/gel, @ $124 a month, i already appealed and was denied the appeal by our insurance. and i don't tolerate the estradiol pill well, causes me stomach pain nausea and headaches. but i can't cold turkey off of estradiol, have to taper off. so i am trying to get a new RX for the pills until i can wean myself off.

it sucks because i had tried last year to wean myself off the patch and was down to the last 1/8 of a patch piece and gave in and went back on due to extremely dry skin and vaginal tissues and atrophy and no amount of full body very rich emolient lotion was fixing the desrt my body became, not to mention i began to age very rapidly. i'm 46, i lost a lot of elasticity and my skin got wrinkles faster and the skin under my arms legs stomach and breasts and face was sagging. plus less sex drive .got it all back a month after reinstating on the patch. but now they tell me i can't get the patch anymore.

i am post surgical total hysterectomy menopausal. had it in early 2000's. i'm too young to lose my youth and my sex life!

also i'm terrrified of continuing my drug tapers off of seroquel gabapentin and clonazepam while going through the added stressors of hot flashes insomnia and foul moods from no estrogen.

anyways, you guys are the only ones i have to talk to about this.

well i found out on monday that Bayer, the maker of the only transdermal estradiol patch that i'm NOT allergic to, has yanked their contract with the distributors that both pharmacies that our insurance company allows us to use (walgreens and a local compounding pharmacy) got my patches from.  i was on my last patch and thought i was going to be able to refill my RX but apparently not.

we cannot afford compounded estradiol cream/gel, @ $124 a month, i already appealed and was denied the appeal by our insurance. and i don't tolerate the estradiol pill well, causes me stomach pain nausea and headaches. but i can't cold turkey off of estradiol, have to taper off. so i am trying to get a new RX for the pills until i can wean myself off.

it sucks because i had tried last year to wean myself off the patch and was down to the last 1/8 of a patch piece and gave in and went back on due to extremely dry skin and vaginal tissues and atrophy and no amount of full body very rich emolient lotion was fixing the desrt my body became, not to mention i began to age very rapidly. i'm 46, i lost a lot of elasticity and my skin got wrinkles faster and the skin under my arms legs stomach and breasts and face was sagging. plus less sex drive .got it all back a month after reinstating on the patch. but now they tell me i can't get the patch anymore.

i am post surgical total hysterectomy menopausal. had it in early 2000's. i'm too young to lose my youth and my sex life!

also i'm terrrified of continuing my drug tapers off of seroquel gabapentin and clonazepam while going through the added stressors of hot flashes insomnia and foul moods from no estrogen.

I am so sorry, that sucks.  I use minivelles, have you tried those?  My husband works for a small company and their insurance sucks, the minivelles are expensive for us.  Just a suggestion.  Did you try different brand pills to see if they also made you sick?  It is so maddening the things that blind side us as we try to wd.  Hope you find a way to work it out :).  Mary

I am so sorry, that sucks.  I use minivelles, have you tried those?  My husband works for a small company and their insurance sucks, the minivelles are expensive for us.  Just a suggestion.  Did you try different brand pills to see if they also made you sick?  It is so maddening the things that blind side us as we try to wd.  Hope you find a way to work it out :).  Mary

hey Mary!  :hug:

i called and their pharmacy locator service is trying to find me a local pharmacy that stocks the minivelle patches. i'll have to order a month's worth to test it and see if i'm allergic to the adhesive like the others (except the Bayer made one), but it is an option. i'll post again when i find out how much it's gonna cost. for the meantime, today i got my month's supply of estradiol pills to take orally (yuck) but it's better than cold turkeying off estradiol in the middle of tapering and texas summer coming fast.

what you said about the things that blindside us while we try to WD...omg yes! i keep feeling like everytime i'm ready (beyond ready now!) to resume my taper or start my new DLMT, etc...something always comes up to postpone it and it is , well WAS, driving me crazy cookoo cuckoo bird crazy for real. your words just lightened my mood a little and encouraged me. thx for being there  :smitten:

hey Mary!  :hug:

i called and their pharmacy locator service is trying to find me a local pharmacy that stocks the minivelle patches. i'll have to order a month's worth to test it and see if i'm allergic to the adhesive like the others (except the Bayer made one), but it is an option. i'll post again when i find out how much it's gonna cost. for the meantime, today i got my month's supply of estradiol pills to take orally (yuck) but it's better than cold turkeying off estradiol in the middle of tapering and texas summer coming fast.

what you said about the things that blindside us while we try to WD...omg yes! i keep feeling like everytime i'm ready (beyond ready now!) to resume my taper or start my new DLMT, etc...something always comes up to postpone it and it is , well WAS, driving me crazy cookoo cuckoo bird crazy for real. your words just lightened my mood a little and encouraged me. thx for being there  :smitten:

For a long time mimvelle had coupons online to help with copay, I haven't searched in awhile, you might try that :). Let me know how it all goes, fingers crossed, Mary ☮️🙏💜☮️🙏💜

Does anyone know if you can have hormonetrubble inspite of being 60? I have gone thru menopause 5 years ago. Some nights and even days I feel warm for no reason. Anyone?

I went through menopause years ago and once I was in withdrawal from Clonezepam I've had hot flashes around the clock just about every half hour during the day and a few times during the night. This has been going on since the Fall of 2015.  :tickedoff:

Dunno if I posted here, don’t think so. Looking for PMS thread but this is all similar in ways?

I dunno.

My question does have to do with cycle, however.

It also has to do with a hormonal nausea I only knew during pregnancy,

Any help? (Ideas.)

I’m being ruined,

Thanking all ahead of time

My question is am I the only one(?)

I’m sorry. I am not pregnant hence the concern re. this/these symptom(s,) but what is this? Help please, anyone.

[ed...]

Dunno if I posted here, don’t think so. Looking for PMS thread but this is all similar in ways?

I dunno.

My question does have to do with cycle, however.

It also has to do with a hormonal nausea I only knew during pregnancy,

Any help? (Ideas.)

I’m being ruined,

Thanking all ahead of time

My question is am I the only one(?)

I’m sorry. I am not pregnant hence the concern re. this/these symptom(s,) but what is this? Help please, anyone.

Aye. I’m sorry about this MP. 💖

I started reading barely, here, I know I’m not insane. Of course I’m completely alone except for bb w this. The only believers would be the women here... well anyway—I’m sure this would be a perfect opportunity for even further harm if I tried to explain to anyone. Guess I’ll read up more when I’m feeling better because it’s happened before but this was insane and I’m still dealing with it. Perfect time to be scarred. Thanks for being here.

I love how key people just disappear when we are in the worst of things, human nature at its finest. Once again, my ally is marijuana.

One thing, has worked in my favor. A serious financial matter. So yay for me on that front, because what does it all matter if I end up fine and I’ve survived this.

I have been on Klonopin for 22 years of my 55 year life and I am going through menopause in the middle of a Klonopin taper.  I was down to 0 of Klonopin but I have had to backtrack on my taper to 0.5MG nightly after coming off 3 years of HRT.  The hot flashes cause surges of anxiety and night waking and this triggers insomnia.  Because I am stabilized on 1000 MG of Depakote for mild Bipolar Spectrum, sleep is important for mainting mood stability.      Here is my question and I look forward to your support and feedback:

What is a realistic taper plan for the 0.5MG of Klonopin given the precondition of anxiety, phobias, panic and insomnia for my 33 year life prior to starting Klonopin and this newer diagnosis of Bipolar spectrum.      I have had four years of CBT related to complex trauma but not specifically to Klonopin withdrawal symtoms of acute anxiety, panic and insomnia at night.  How would I taper and avoid these symptoms?    I am on no other meds other than 1000MG of Depakote and do not wish to substitute one med for another including seroquel or trazedone.  I cannot go back on HRT because of a diagnosed breast cancer risk by a genetic counselor. 

Thank you very much.

I’m 51 years old.  I’m pretty sure I’m heading into menopause but I’m not sure if this severe  anxiety I have is because of hormones.  I’ve been off Klonopin for about 9 or 10 years.  I went through horrible withdrawal but the last 8 years have been really good years.  I haven’t had any symptoms and any anxiety causing situations have been very manageable.  Two months ago I had an anxiety/panic attack.  I was sick with the influenza flu and got my period.  I wasn’t resting and was still trying to go to work.  The anxiety never went away and has been so intense that I struggle through my days.  I started Buspar three weeks ago.  In the first two weeks, I was feeling huge improvements.  I was having really good days and the bad days were becoming manageable.  Then I got my period and that day the anxiety went back up to intense and I’ve e been struggling through my days again.  My period was 4 days late and I’m on day 6 which is longer than normal.  I don’t have a problem falling asleep but I wake up at 4 am which is also new.  This morning when I woke up I started with hot flashes.  I don’t know if all of this is related to peri menopause or old issues from withdrawal.  I have my annual gyn appointment this coming week.  What questions should I be asking?

One more thing to add to my post....I don’t understand how the Buspar was working to calm the anxiety and now it’s not. I know it takes 4-6 weeks to get full effect of the medication but how could I have taken so many steps backwards from the progress I was making?  Hormones????

I would go to your doctor and get your blood tested to see where your hormones are. Some doctors can also do a saliva test. After 8 years I just don't see how it could be related to withdrawal; especially if you were doing as good as you say. Did you take any antibiotics?