Important Survey - Please Participate ×

ASHTON TAPER / CUT & HOLD SUPPORT

[...]

[e4...]

Thanks Arcade, I think you should should try to eliminate med day dose.

I'm going to try to cut .5 every 2 week instead of every 3. I dose 2 times a day too. I want to tough it out can put this behind me.

Wish me luck Buddies.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ar...]

• [Ju...]

• [et...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good night's sleep.  Minor nerve shock storm last night.

Benzo dream update:  I dreamed I was back at my old elementary school.  I was taking a tour and noticed the building was updated and I thought it was the coolest thing.

Need some advice.  I am currently taking 3 doses a day and will turn that into two doses by slowly eliminating the mid day dose.  Here is the plan:

4mg: 1mg am/1mg noon/2mg bedtime

3.5mg:  1mg am/.5mg noon/2mg bedtime

3mg: 1mg am/2mg bedtime

2.5mg: 1mg am/1.5mg bedtime

2mg: 1mg am/1mg bedtime

1.5: .5mg am/1mg bedtime

1: .5mg am/.5mg bedtime

.5: .5mg bedtime

.25: .25mg bed time

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I guess it depends on how symptomatic you are. The fewer times each day you have to think about dosing, the better, in my opinion. I've managed to move all my doses to the night time, 3 mg before bed. Of course I'm terrified that once I cut again, sleep will get more disordered. Valium's long half life in the body can make it easier to take just one or two doses each day, I've heard.

I have begun to worry  that I will not be able to finish this taper~ I have had thoughts about quitting. Today I decided to take a day at a time.  :'(

I have been cutting every Tues for months-- last Tues did not go well: brain zaps, electricity going through me constantly, Metal taste in my mouth, and horrible mornings when I wake up (but at least I sleep).derelization

The house is a mess. Yesterday my husband to went to dinner at a friends house without me because I just could not face it. Not onlu not face it but I could not get dressed- my self care is negligible– Yesterday all I did was read my book.

Today pretty much the same

I can't work but I have a routine to keep shape in my life and I have not been able to do that. I'm trying not to be depressed about this. I had a window for several months so I didn't expect this. :(

ego, you need to SLOOOOOOOOOw down your taper now my dear. My gosh. How you have done it so far is amazing.

>5mgs every 2 weeks  that's how to try it. you are so close to being off. Now just take the time to do it

Ego,

Lainey is right.  Start going slow, have patience and try .5mg cuts every two weeks or just take a break for a bit until stable.  You're so close to the end, please don't give up.  It's totally amazing that you were able to drop 1mg every week starting at 30mg!  You put so much effort into it to just give up when you're so close.  You might have to tough it out to the end and we all know you can do it!  :thumbsup:

Don't give up ego, just take a break! I am resting at 5mg until we move house next week. I seriously feel like a normal person today! Trying not to be too prescriptive... Consider a slower cut rate when you are ready! Look at how far you have come.

Hey ego look after yourself! I did the 1mg thing from 10-1mg around 15 months ago, and it didn't end well. The symptoms just piled up and up because I was not reducing at the same rate my body can adjust and heal. I ended up back at 10.

0.5/2 weeks roughly (I'm going a little faster 0.5/10 days) has worked all the way down for me - I'm well. But it's taken over a year to do it properly.

Hey all,

After I did my taxes and chores around the house today I stuck around to read random posts on BB in other threads.  It created some mild anxiety for me as I catastrophized about my taper.  I found myself comparing my taper method to others which naturally concerned me.  Like Bolders said and always says, listen to your body, know when to cut and do it carefully.  That's what I am doing and I have to catch myself to not stray from this particular thread and scare myself.  I have the utmost respect for everyone on BB but some of those posts scare me so I have to stay away and stick around here.

[cc...]

arcade At first, seeing some of the scary titles of threads did increase anxiety for me too. But the longer Ive gone along on this taper, the more confident I get, and they dont phase me now. My big fear is the POSSIBLE Alzheimer association to benzos. And altho nothing has been proved, I do have it pop up sometimes in my thoughts. I just push it away.

Thank you for the encouragement and advice to slow down. I am going to hold till I am stable again. I have worked to hard to end it this close. (This is pretty much the 1st time I have had thoughts of quitting.)

Ingrid,  Thanks for replying.  I'll stay concentrated on my taper.

Bolders,  I see in past posts you were concerned about the percentage drops as you get lower.  Are you glad that isn't much of a concern anymore?  You're so close. :)

Thanks Arcade, I think you should should try to eliminate med day dose.

I'm going to try to cut .5 every 2 week instead of every 3. I dose 2 times a day too. I want to tough it out can put this behind me.

Wish me luck Buddies.

Valley Girl,

Hopefully two weeks will work for you.  Listen to your body and be careful.

Thank you for the encouragement and advice to slow down. I am going to hold till I am stable again. I have worked to hard to end it this close. (This is pretty much the 1st time I have had thoughts of quitting.)

Great to hear ego!!  We all have confidence in you.  Now push away those thoughts of quitting.

[e4...]

ego trapped,  I'm such a wuss compared to you! I have been cutting .5 every 3 weeks. I'm going to speed it up a bit now. I'm so sorry you are going through all this suffering right now. Of course everything ends and changes and the sun will shine again :).

Arcade, the only reason I'm even on BB anymore is bc of this thread. Some stuff I read freaked me out too. Thanks for rhe support about the 2 weeks. Gonna go for it!

I probably shouldn't say this but  >:D I think the names of some of those other threads are kinda funny... :laugh:.

Ingrid, I hope the Alzheimer association isn't true! Glad to hear your feeling good  :).

I feel like I have so far to go and I'm scared! Today was a good day and then I realized I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Every time I start to feel good I make plans for my future regarding my career, seeing friends, and getting more exercise then shazam.....!

Any ideas as too what I can expect as I get lower? How do the electric zaps feel? If I get one I hope I don't freak out.

[e4...]

Ingrid, I see you have your doggies as your avatar. Are they black Chiguagua's? I have a black one too. I never thought I would have one of these. My son wanted a puppy of his own I took him to the shelter and they had a litter of these cute little guys and next thing ya know... He is not a show dog or anything. Looks a bit undercooked and like a fruit bat  :laugh:.

Arcade I see you have a pic of your pup. I hardly ever see Dobermans any more. Sweet pic!

I also have a Pug/Staffordshire Terrier mix. He is such a sweet dog but an alpha! 

My nerve zap just feels like a pin.  Today was a good day...the nerve zaps were minimal.

They come and go so I am used to it.  You probably won't get them, everyone is different

My buddy in the picture is a dachshund. ;D

ego trapped,  I'm such a wuss compared to you! I have been cutting .5 every 3 weeks. I'm going to speed it up a bit now. I'm so sorry you are going through all this suffering right now. Of course everything ends and changes and the sun will shine again :).

Arcade, the only reason I'm even on BB anymore is bc of this thread. Some stuff I read freaked me out too. Thanks for rhe support about the 2 weeks. Gonna go for it!

I probably shouldn't say this but  >:D I think the names of some of those other threads are kinda funny... :laugh:.

Ingrid, I hope the Alzheimer association isn't true! Glad to hear your feeling good  :).

I feel like I have so far to go and I'm scared! Today was a good day and then I realized I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Every time I start to feel good I make plans for my future regarding my career, seeing friends, and getting more exercise then shazam.....!

Any ideas as too what I can expect as I get lower? How do the electric zaps feel? If I get one I hope I don't freak out.

I feel like the Shazam too so you're not alone on those thoughts.

[e4...]

Sorry for the mistake about your dog. Need new glasses. dachshunds are soooo cute! I'm trying to get a good pic of my dogs so I can change my avitar. Thanks for the support and advice :) Wishing you a good day tomorrow  ;D.

Valley Girl

[cc...]

Me too, me too!  :laugh:  And I shouldnt say it either. Some people really do go to Hell and back to get off these damn little pills.  :-X

[cc...]

Ingrid, I see you have your doggies as your avatar. Are they black Chiguagua's? I have a black one too. I never thought I would have one of these. My son wanted a puppy of his own I took him to the shelter and they had a litter of these cute little guys and next thing ya know... He is not a show dog or anything. Looks a bit undercooked and like a fruit bat  :laugh:.

Arcade I see you have a pic of your pup. I hardly ever see Dobermans any more. Sweet pic!

I also have a Pug/Staffordshire Terrier mix. He is such a sweet dog but an alpha!

VG I nearly lost my mouthful of coffee when I read this description of your Chi!  :laugh: I have a Chi/dachshund mix and a Toy Manchester Terrier and 2 cats. Theyre all there in 1 pic on the end of bed, no fighting!  :D

Ingrid,

The Brain zaps were on the right side of my head -zapped about every 5 minutes- I took a part of my evening dose and they went away. Have not come back.

After going back up to 6mg  the electric feelings and metal taste has gone-- I think I can stabalize here.

I was planning to be done in March- now I am not planing anything--waiting and seeing

Hi cut and hold buddies..

I'm at 4.25 mgs..I cut .25 every two weeks..

I get discouraged too sometimes and make plans for the future..job, friends, travel..

This wd is the hardest thing to do for many ppl.

Thanks to all who give us support , kindness, friendship...it helps to go on..

:smitten:

Rose

[e4...]

rose, I guess we are all ding the best we can. I feel discouraged too bc I have so far to go. You are so close. It may not feel good but your moving on. I hope today is a good day for you :smitten:.

ego trapped, glad you found a place to try and stabilize and get a well deserved break  :thumbsup:

Ingrid, can't believe I thought arcades Dachshund was a Doberman. :laugh:  I have the worsrt eyesight. Sounds like you have your hands full at home.