Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Taper Support Group

[So...]

ks just curious. Why don't you c/o to valium? Then you could use the pharma grade liquid and have no worries. I can't tolerate it so make my own liquid v with vodka. Sorry if you've already answered this question before. But it seems to me that liquid v might take a lot of the stress out of your life? You could be really accurate and have confidence in a true solution.

Just my opinion.

Okatz

Hi okatz,

I can't switch to v now because my body is under a very stressed out state and any tiny cut in ativan results in a big freak out. I wish I got on Valium to start but if I slowly crossed over to it now I would still have severe ativan withdrawals and would at best set my taper back a few months. I am hanging on by a thread every day. I have to do all this by myself, no one really supports what I'm doing or can help, and all of this is just making me stressed out of my mind.

I don't know how I'm going to last a year of this, I really don't think I can. This drug is driving me crazy, withdrawal is making me more crazy, and I just can't fucking take it, nothing is working. Scale doesn't work, alcohol supposedly doesn't work. I apparently picked the absolute worst benzo to get addicted to. I just thoroughly hate everything including myself right now. Sorry.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ks...]

• [mr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many on here having great success with water titration and tapering.

When things become too technical, or scientific, it becomes a really confusing mess for newbies to feel comfortable with.

People are telling them yes it can be done, and others throwing in big words and statements that make them think that it can't be done.

I know, because I went through this at the beginning as well. And, it had me ready to either just go c/t again, or end it all!! Until someone finally convinced me that my method was viable. I make sure to keep my water/vodka/ativan well stirred when making my cuts. So, it works for me.

This thread was meant for support, and was stated at the beginning that all questions about starting a daily taper should be posted in the tapering thread, where they can receive more diverse answers.

So many of the threads on BB have become so controversial, that it makes me want to throw my hands up and say to heck with this site.

If people can say "no, it can't be done that way", then they should please elaborate in simple terms how a liquid taper from Lorazepam can be accomplished.

Sorry for ranting, but I have just about had it with seeing newbies being completely confused and then left out in the cold to fend for themselves.

Nana  :smitten:

Hi Sophia,

You have to understand that the people here are not doctors and they cannot give advise for medical prescriptions.

People can relay what they have done and their experiences, but those who want to taper, have to figure out on their own.

There are tons of experiences and ways of titrating and the info is available for everyone to read and try to understand.

We cannot post that we want someone to come up with a taper for us because of legal issues.

There are tons of videos showing how people titrate and how to do it step-by step.

So we must be respectful to those who are obeying the laws and the policies of this site.

Mrtmeo,

I fully understand that. But, if that is the case, then don't tell people that it can't be done. Direct them to research out methods that can be utilized.

It's like smacking a child's hand without telling them why they are in trouble. Very confusing.

When I first started my taper, I asked if Ativan would break down in Vodka. I was advised that it would. I am now finding people saying that it won't.

So, do you see how and why people get confused?

I am having great success with my method. I have posted it. But, I then get people saying that it can't be done that way. This sets up a lot of confusion in those that are just starting out, and me.

I am just tired of seeing all if this info AGAINST certain methods, but nobody giving "possible" solutions to fix it. So, all that is doing is throwing more confusion into the mix.

Sorry, don't mean to be all cranky today. But, all the different controversies that I have seen on here recently, just makes me feel hopeless about this whole business. It didn't use to be like this.

The funny thing, is all of the problems lately seem to be centered around Ativan. Weird!!

Is Ativan just that difficult to taper off of??

Mrtmeo,

I fully understand that. But, if that is the case, then don't tell people that it can't be done. Direct them to research out methods that can be utilized.

It's like smacking a child's hand without telling them why they are in trouble. Very confusing.

When I first started my taper, I asked if Ativan would break down in Vodka. I was advised that it would. I am now finding people saying that it won't.

So, do you see how and why people get confused?

I am having great success with my method. I have posted it. But, I then get people saying that it can't be done that way. This sets up a lot of confusion in those that are just starting out, and me.

I am just tired of seeing all if this info AGAINST certain methods, but nobody giving "possible" solutions to fix it. So, all that is doing is throwing more confusion into the mix.

Sorry, don't mean to be all cranky today. But, all the different controversies that I have seen on here recently, just makes me feel hopeless about this whole business. It didn't use to be like this.

The funny thing, is all of the problems lately seem to be centered around Ativan. Weird!!

Is Ativan just that difficult to taper off of??

Hi Sophia,

I don't which posts you are referring to where they say u can't do something.

I agree the process of finding a tapering method is so overwelming, but we just need more organization of the different methods and for which drugs.

I can't imagine being in wd and trying to figure this stuff out.

This is all still experimental, so others do the best they can.

It is ultimately up to us to read all the data and come up with a plan.

IMHO, I would never taper off ativan because it is fast acting and difficult to get stable on.

Many have tapered successfully on Ativan, but it is just not my choice from what I have seen 2 times with tapering.

I know there seems to be more support for valium tapering than Ativan but there are many here tapering Ativan to help u.

I wish I could offer u help with the Ativan, but I only dry cut my mom the first time and it was bad and she didn't have to work.

Also, I noticed many people gone now and a ton of new people here.

If I can find someone who is still here and successfully tapered ativan, I will let u know.

Thanks mrtmeo!!

It is so funny that we are not allowed to offer medical advice, but the first thing people are advised is to crossover to valium. I guess it is because of the Ashton method.  ;)

Anyway, Ativan is a hard one to come off of. I am not able to crossover to Valium, but I do feel that my taper method can be successful. It is when I get questions from the newbies about my method, and then they get told by others that this way is not possible, that I become frustrated. It really sets up a lot of conflict in them. So, I will no longer answer any questions regarding my taper plan to any newbies. I am going to post it on my blog, refer them to it, and let them decide what they want to do.

How in the world did you cut those itty bitty pills of .50 Ativan? I can't. They crumble into dust. Plus, I absolutely do not have any extra to spare if I make a mistake. This is why I chose the daily liquid taper method.

Thanks mrtmeo!!

It is so funny that we are not allowed to offer medical advice, but the first thing people are advised is to crossover to valium. I guess it is because of the Ashton method.  ;)

Anyway, Ativan is a hard one to come off of. I am not able to crossover to Valium, but I do feel that my taper method can be successful. It is when I get questions from the newbies about my method, and then they get told by others that this way is not possible, that I become frustrated. It really sets up a lot of conflict in them. So, I will no longer answer any questions regarding my taper plan to any newbies. I am going to post it on my blog, refer them to it, and let them decide what they want to do.

How in the world did you cut those itty bitty pills of .50 Ativan? I can't. They crumble into dust. Plus, I absolutely do not have any extra to spare if I make a mistake. This is why I chose the daily liquid taper method.

Please don't feel that u cannot post what you are doing.

Your experiences and knowlege are invaluable to others.

If others post against what you are saying, the newbies can read all views and make their own decision.

I was reading that xanax, klonopin and ativan are derrivatives of valium, yet, some people have reactions to valium.

There are many reasons someone can't cross over to valium and this is why everyone needs to respect those who can't.

I definately, understand your reason too.

What is ironic is that we are told to contact a dr about getting off the benzo, yet, dr have recommended very dangerous things to do like ct.

We are pretty much on our own in this process and the more we work together, the more we can find the best solutions.

Yeah, no kidding about being alone as far as the Dr's go. (not Dr bashing) They are taught this stuff in med school and it is hard to change their minds.

My Dr told me that he has taken hundreds of people off this stuff and I am the only one that has had a problem. Well, I have my own theory about that. But, anyway...

He is the one that won't let me switch to valium, and the one that talked me into reinstating. And, I get to see him on Thursday.  :-\

I just think that we all get a little discouraged at some point. Think about the fact that we all come from different walks of life. We have scientists on here, and people just trying to support themselves in any way possible. It is hard to try and understand some of the more scientific stuff, when your benzo brain can barely add 2+2.  ;D

But, we will all get to the finish line, one way or another.  :)

KS,

I really hate that you're having such a hard time.  I wanted to remind you that there is a prescription (Pharma) liquid lorazepam. I'm using it, along with a micropipettor, to do a daily titration. Have been going down .002 mg per day, but will likely soon increase the drop to .0025, then maybe .003 daily.

It wasn't hard for me to switch over, and it is sooo not complicated. If your doc will prescribe, maybe you could go that route.

Praying for us all!

Lea

Thank you leanek. I am glad you founda solution. No pun intended. I am afraid of my body interpreting a new brand or form as a cut though. It seems every possible thing that could cause a reaction, does. I wonder if the same company makes the liquid solution, if they make sure the potency is exactly the same as pill. I wonder if that would make a difference. Are your symptoms any better since switching? Or anything different?

I am shocked and thrilled to say that I am doing so much better! This past week the horrible (chemical) anxiety I've lived with for years between doses has gone! Also, the insomnia left over a week ago.  I attribute this to daily dropping my dose (slowly, carefully), the magnesium kicking in and the grace of God!

I had no trouble switching to the liquid, thankfully, but it would probably have been wiser to switch over a few days.

The Lorazepam Intensol I get is made by Roxane, suspended in propylene glycol. It's concentrated to 2 mg per ml.  I have posted how I use this in several places, as well as in my PLOG.  If you would like to know more & don't feel well enough to look I'll get you some links.

Hang in there, you'll find a way!

Lea

That is good to hear. I take magnesium four times a day. I would like mine to kick in. I take it you mix the ativan with water or something? I would appreciate any links that would be helpful. Thank you.

I got alcohol today but syringes not here yet.

ks I understand that you want to stick to Ativan. But maybe the liquid A would be a help to you. You make a good point about the brain being super sensitive to any change -- the valium group advised me when I went from tablets to liquids to updose a little and I did. Well, I did THIS TIME!! Last time I didn't and that was what started me on my horrible trip "into the weeds" So live and learn.

Hope something works out for you.

BTW I was on Ativan as you will see from my sig and crossing to v was what saved my sanity and maybe my life. I just couldn't hack the short half-life of Ativan. I had absolutely no trouble crossing over.

Hope the liquid A is a possibility for you. You deserve a better time than you are having now.

Okatz

Thank you okatz. I see yet another psychiatrist this Friday, he is not pro medication and perhaps he could be some help.

Thank you for the link to the plog mrtmeo. I appreciate how helpful and supportive everyone on here is. I hope I find a solution one way or another.

Yesterday, my mom was doing ok, until late at night when sx have come back that have been gone for nearly 2 months.

I think the daily taper was too fast with not enuf holds which I started the end of Nov.

However, it is surprising that she didn't get hit sooner and that she had a great improvement in Dec.

Chrenraf, seems to have figured out how to daily taper and keep those acute sx at bay.

Daily tapering at a cut rate for 15 days, then, hold for 5 days (as long as you are stable).

I think my mom is getting better, but will hold for 7 days and see how it goes.

If I can get her stable enuf to functionality, I can start a good taper that seems to work well for others, like chren and etown.

MrM I love how you look out for your Mum.

She'll have good days and bad. You are being conservative - slow and holding - so she should be ok. A hold is always a good idea. You two are so close :) Tapering too fast in november can potentially catch up with you in January. It takes 6 weeks for the V half lives to fully go. There there are just good patches and bad.

MrM I love how you look out for your Mum.

She'll have good days and bad. You are being conservative - slow and holding - so she should be ok. A hold is always a good idea. You two are so close :) Tapering too fast in november can potentially catch up with you in January. It takes 6 weeks for the V half lives to fully go. There there are just good patches and bad.

Hi smiff,

Do u mean it takes 6 weeks for all those daily cuts to hit?

I did holds periodically, while daily tapering, but it all kind of hit at once.

Smiff how do you figure the six weeks? I am wondering how long it is for ativan.

it is just what other people have figured out based on valium half lives and how they build up on top of eachother.

Ativan is much much smaller. Could ask ativan thread?

Smiff how do you figure the six weeks? I am wondering how long it is for ativan.

it is just what other people have figured out based on valium half lives and how they build up on top of eachother.

Ativan is much much smaller. Could ask ativan thread?

Had Chrenraf not been pushed out, he could have answered that.

I'm happy to have found this thread. I would like to start a daily micro taper this week. I have a doctors appt tomorrow and would like to know what strength to have the liquid compounded into? My current daily dose is 1.375mg divided into 4 doses. I AM SUPER NERVOUS about switching over to a compounded liquid (yay for anxiety about everything  :-\ ) I will hold my dose when I do the switch and will pray for a seamless switch.

I will start with less than 1% per day for 10 days then had for 4......well, that's the "plan" anyway.

Is there anything else I should know? Anything to watch for?

Also, if I need to be measuring small doses (.333, .331, .329, etc.) WHAT SYRINGE TYPE would give me the most accurate dosing?

Thank you to anyone and everyone who feel like chiming in to answer questions and help me calm my anxious soul!  :smitten:

They typically use a 5mg/5mL solution which is 1mg/1mL.

If you need to be more accurate than a 1mL syringe, you could use a titration method.

Otherwise, they sell micro syringes for a big price.