Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Taper Support Group

[So...]

Actually, the 5 ml of Vodka dissolved it really good. But, tomorrow I will stir it a little better. I was using the needle to stir it. So, maybe I should use something different to stir with?

Denise  :smitten:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ks...]

• [mr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful how much you use. I used 10 ml today, and think that I toasted myself with each dose!  :laugh:

Yeah, I'm a lightweight!! I am cutting it down to 5 ml tomorrow.  ;)

Just wanted to let everyone know of the goof I made and maybe prevent this from happening to someone else.

Good advice: when switching from pills to liquid, give your body a week to adjust before starting to taper.

I did not heed this advice and started my taper on the same day I switched. By day three I am paying for it. Not terribly bad, but enough that it had me really confused.

I am going to ask this question on this thread and another one since not everybody may see it on both.

What is your daily cut rate in ml's?

Okay, so here is my new way of doing my liquid taper. I apparently had a reaction to Ora Plus. Yeah, weird, I know.

I put my four .50 Ativan pills in a baby food jar. Add 2 ml of Vodka, swish it until pills dissolve. Let sit for 20 minutes. I then add 48 ml of water. Remove my cut, and add that much water back. Add another 10 ml of water, to equal 60 ml. I then divide into four even doses by taking out 15 ml and adding to a different baby food jar, and again in another jar, and again in another jar. I now have four jars with 15 ml in each. I add some water to the syringe, to flush it out, and evenly add these to all four jars.

The key that I have found, is to suck up about 5 ml into the syringe and squirt it back into the jar quickly and then pull out what I need to divide. Squirting it back in, before the second pull really helps to keep it stirred up during the second draw. I do this for each draw, otherwise the Ativan settles to the bottom quickly.

So, there is how I do my solution.

I use vodka as well to make my own liquid valium. I use one 1 mg tablet (well, it's half a 2 m tablet) in 1 ml of vodka, and add it to 99 ml water. Works well for me! I couldn't stand the taste of Ora Plus or Ora Sweet, don't drink milk, and had a puking reaction to liquid v. So I had no choice but to do something like this. On DP's recommendation, I contacted Fliprain. That's how I found out about the vodka. Thank heavens!!!

Okatz

I am curious about this, switching to liquid. Did you have a withdrawal effect switching from dry ativan to liquidizing it? And where do you get a syringe?

Also how do you know that the ativan is thoroughly mixed throughout the solution?

As you switch, you need to not make any cuts for at least a week. I have been told that the actual switching is like doing a cut. I really didn't feel too much different.

I bought the 1 ml and the 10 ml syringes off of Amazon.

The Ativan is not water soluble. The Vodka dissolves it. But, you have to work quick when doing your cut and dividing your daily doses. I suck up about 5 ml and squirt it back into the jar real quick. This stirs it up real good. I do this each time I am drawing some up into the syringe.

I can tell that the Ativan is not completely even in each jar, but pretty close. But, for me, it has not been a problem yet.

I can give you a more detailed description, if you get the syringes and want to try it.

Yes I've heard it's not water soluble... I got a new scale but having problems with it yet again...so much wasted money. I wonder if pharmacist has syringes. I am still at just once a day dose. Now I am having a paradoxical reaction, I get tired at night from all the adrenaline rushes of wd during the day, but when I take my ativan I lose my tiredness. Makes me want to just stop taking it. I am afraid to just start dividing it in half, morning and night, because my body would surely interpret that as a big cut.

I am sorry that I don't have any advice on your predicament.  :-\

The only thing I can say, is try and divide it to see what happens.

Yeah, I have wasted a lot of money on this drug and taper. Scales, supplements, meds...etc.

I wish you luck on finding the best method of taper for you.

I started my turtle taper yesterday. Beginning with .002 mg daily cuts, and will go from there.

Trying really hard not to look down the loooong road ahead. It makes me anxious!  :laugh:

Lea

Yay!!  :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:

Welcome to the club!! We are going to do great!!

Keep us posted, on here, as to how you are doing!!

Nana  :smitten:

Here is my new favorite song!! (thanks Rriver) This is for all of us that are braving this long road!!

Enjoy!!

I use P-1000 & P-20 micropipettors. Since I'm using rx lorazepam, it's really easy to just pull each dose, since i don't need to toss any.

I can't see well enough to use a 1cc syringe, but it could also be used.

Lea

Whoa I am lost already, I don't even know what those are...so you have liquid lorazepam then? Did you switch from pills to liquid? Sorry if you have mentioned this somewhere else...

Yes, i switched from pills to the RX liquid lorazepam. (Not compounded liquid).

I never heard of micropipettors, microliters or graduated cylinders until this taper.  It's amazing what you can find on amazon!  :)

I use P-1000 & P-20 micropipettors. Since I'm using rx lorazepam, it's really easy to just pull each dose, since i don't need to toss any.

I can't see well enough to use a 1cc syringe, but it could also be used.

Lea

Is it the real liquid lorazepam, or compounded at a pharmacy?

Ok I'm going to pm you if that's ok so as to not flood the board with questions...

You can PM me, no problem. But it might be helpful to others to see your questions and the responses. Flood away, that's why these boards are here!  ;)

Lea