Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Taper Support Group

[So...]

Thanks, the homogenizd milk in Canada is whole milk as far as I know. I can double check...I use organic dairy from a small reputable farm so I am sure it's of higher quality. (at least that's why I pay so damn much for it! LOL!) I don't think I could stomach half and half...that would make me gag I think...I already have a hard time swallowing milk lol....but I was thinking, chocolate milk is pretty thick...and from what I read the last couple of days,  while the fat is important for some meds , it's the thickness that is the most important factor?

Actually I am pretty sure that the K is dissolving in the milk fat, not suspending.  I have been unable to prove this outright though.  But the anecdotal information is overwhelming IMO.

A lot of people don't like milk and this is a problem.  I'd stay away from chocolate milk and don't deviate from what we know works.  For clonazepam, suspending in Ora Plus/Ora Sweet seems like a reasonable option.  If you are going to suspend it that would be my first choice.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ks...]

• [mr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

I am joining this thread and leaving the slow taper one. I can't take it anymore and have to speed it up. I am planning on cutting a little every day and then see if I need to hold at some point.

I have cut down small cuts the last two days and am feeling a bit yucky today. I am enlisting the support of those I trust to help my kids and I get through this. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

I haven't cut daily since Dec and I got hit pretty hard then. But I also feel that some of the "stress" issues in my life were affecting how I was perceiving my symptoms and affecting how I was dealing with them. I have come a long way mentally and am more prepared with how to deal with the symptoms and fear now.

Hope everyone has a good April! Here's hoping I come out of the end of this month with a little more freedom from benzos!

E :thumbsup:

Akkadianzmom - I just responded to you on the "slow" thread. I just want to say I'm rooting for you. You need to do what's best for you, and with the right supports in place I'm sure you can do it. Many people have. I'm sure there will be bumps.....but everyday will be a day closer to healing.  :smitten:

When do you plan to be off? How long will it take?

Please keep me posted on your progress  :)

Akkadianzmom - I also forgot to ask you....what happened in December after daily tapering? You said you got hit hard. What were you dropping per day? I'm getting ready to daily taper (Ativan as well) and would love to here you experience. The more details the better so I can adjust accordingly. Lol.  :)

Hi Kiddo!

In Dec I had a LOT of anxiety and fears....new for me as I never in the past would deal with my emotions except anger. I would push them all away - which is how I think I got on Ativan in the first place. I do a liquid titration and I was cutting 1 ml a day mostly...some days .5ml. But then right around Christmas I hit a week where I was on the couch and couldn't function. I have kids and I couldn't even feed them. It was horrible.

So I slowed way down and I have been able to manage better. I can cook for them and get them to school. Still not working except for partime babysitting for bill money. But I found a counselor and have been doing a lot of emotional work and I know that helps with the intrusive thoughts and anxiety, fear. The thing I can't take right now is my stomach problems and the weight loss. It is doing me in.

I have been cutting and holding - mostly weekly or a bit less since March .25 ml. But I plan to start a daily taper. Did the last two days at .25ml and hope to move up to .5ml soon. That would put me at about a little over a month to go til I am off.

I am feeling it a bit today. Ideally I would LOVE to cut 1ml a day. But I will have to see how my body responds. Thanks so very much for your support and kindness. I hope things go well for you too! ::)

Thanks for your quick response. What dose were you at when you were cutting 1ml daily.

Is 1ml the same as .01mg? I'm at 1.13mg (dry cut with scale) and was thinking of dropping .01mg per day.

Sorry for all the questions  :idiot:

No problem Kiddo! I am titrating with water so I cut in milliliters, which is what I measure with in a graduated cylinder. I couldn't get a scale small enough to cut and measure accurately. When I cut I just draw off more milliliters than I did the day before.

Some people dry cut but I wasn't having luck with that. Hope that helps!

Yes, it does help. Thank you. If I'm not mistaken, 1ml is the same as .01mg

What dose were you at when starting the 1ml daily titration?

I started out titrating at .375 mg if I remember correctly.

I do 50 ml instead of 100ml so 1ml does not equal 1 mg. And really I don't know the exact math of it. I had to had someone help me do an equation to figure what milligrams I was at. I just use that now as I go down. I am NOT good at math and it took me about 3 weeks to figure out how to calculate my taper. After that it was little easier to start.

Day 4 of daily taper....feeling it but I am not sure it is bad enough to hold tomorrow. I will see in the morning. Chest tight and burning, legs burning, losing more weight just in four days! Had some agoraphobia today and yesterday, instrusive thoughts, bad typing  ;)  This is crazy!! But I am still trusting my gut that I need to get off asap. I read so many posts about taking it easy and for a while that really helped me - but now there is something telling me it is time!! Wish me luck and prayers :angel:

Sending you good vibes and healing prayers!

What dose did you start on and how long were you on Ativan? You've been tapering since December?

hi kiddo,

I took it "as needed" since last july or so for panic attacks. As needed turned into more because of the stinking w/d. By September I was a wreck and an ER doc finally gave me some info on benzos and how bad they are. Bless him!! The highest dose I ever had at ER was 2mg. I had a script once for 1mg and then after that always had .5mg.

So around October I finally found this site and figured out how to order supplies and taper. I had already cut to .375 mg by then. So that is what I started my taper at.

Day 4 of daily taper....feeling it but I am not sure it is bad enough to hold tomorrow. I will see in the morning. Chest tight and burning, legs burning, losing more weight just in four days! Had some agoraphobia today and yesterday, instrusive thoughts, bad typing  ;)  This is crazy!! But I am still trusting my gut that I need to get off asap. I read so many posts about taking it easy and for a while that really helped me - but now there is something telling me it is time!! Wish me luck and prayers :angel:

Wishing you luck and hoping you are well soon xxx

Thanks Smiff! Having some adrenal symptoms tonight. But nothing too terrible. I am grateful and thanking my bodyevery moment! Things that keep me going are the dreaming of eating chocolate again and popcorn...and chocolate popcorn too!

Happy Full Moon Eclipse Tonight! Don't let it go to your heads!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to know more about the manufactured liquid lorazepam.  I'd love to use that if my pdoc allows it.  Do you see any reason why a doc would say no?

If you have any info. from the way you used it, would you please share it with me, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you.

I used this for several months. It is in a propylene glycol base. I use a P1000 micropipette to measure my doses. Some docs will prescribe it, some won't.

I no longer use the Pharma liquid because the manufacturer AND the pharmacy proved to be unreliable in keeping it in stock.

I now make my own liquid using tablets and Everclear grain alcohol.

If you click the link in my signature, you will find how I used the Pharma liquid and how I make my own.

Wishing you well!

Lea

Hello all,

Seen this thread but haven't posted on it yet. I've been doing a daily taper from the beginning and been doing very well with it so far. Still very early into the process though. I use the pharm v and have generally been pretty happy with it after getting over the terrible taste. I sort of like it now, so I guess it's one of those acquired things. I hate having to fuss over things, so I'm glad that the pharm v has been available and affordable where I live. 

Anyway, soldier on daily taperers!

i really like doing a daily valium taper with a scale. i keep a bunch of valium powder stored up in a few plastic straws and just tap out my daily dose (.001 reduction each day ) onto the scale bowl. takes about 2 minutes. for the life of me i just do not get why anyone does a liquid titration, especially for valium which can be dosed just once a day.

i really like doing a daily valium taper with a scale. i keep a bunch of valium powder stored up in a few plastic straws and just tap out my daily dose (.001 reduction each day ) onto the scale bowl. takes about 2 minutes. for the life of me i just do not get why anyone does a liquid titration, especially for valium which can be dosed just once a day.

I've never timed myself, but going liquid probably takes me between 3 to 4 minutes when I'm at the start of a mg and toward the end less than 15 seconds. Both are easy. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Yar I never went for scales because I thought that would be too hard.

It is preference.

Not all liquid taperers titrate either. JJ and I use liquid made up. It really aint hard

I use liquids. I make the mixture myself using vodka. Altogether it probably takes me less time that JJ said -- minutes. AND I have to fool with the tablets and vodka, add water, stir, and divide into 2 doses. It is easy and very quick.  In fact, it's gotten pretty automatic now.

I couldn't imagine using a scale and doing all that math. Of course, I'm an arithmetic idiot and a mechanical klutz. So . . .

Each to his/her own, I guess.

Okatz

• 3 months later...

Last posts were in May but I thought I would add a comment. I am happy to see a daily taper thread! I am using klonopin pills in whole milk. I am very happy that I made it past my halfway mark. I tried with 5 percent reduction every two weeks and I had acute withdrawal, then I tried the daily taper, after a few months most of my symptoms have settled down.

I took off work when I hit acute, and I was panicked at how I would work and pay my bills, so I did a lot of reading and started a daily taper after I stabilized a bit after switching to splitting my dose up to three times a day. Then when I felt better I started the daily taper. It has been about 15 months and most of my symptoms are gone. I am still working everyday and I am tapering very very slow due to my job.

Laura

Laura, it's wonderful that you are doing so much better now. Switching to daily tapering made a great difference for me also. Here's to you and a successful ride on down to zero!  :thumbsup: