Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

Same situation, almost 3 years off. Used the poisons for less than 2 months and have been suffering for almost 3 years. What a sick joke.

Does this ever go away ??  I'm at almost 20 months post CT. This is almost my last symptom. It is still really loud. I'm guessing that this is permanent. Is there anyone that had this symptom has disappear after this long or longer ??

Same situation, almost 3 years off. Used the poisons for less than 2 months and have been suffering for almost 3 years. What a sick joke.

Do you consider a chance of yours being antidepressant related? I question this because I saw your signature.

Unfortunately, I am almost sure that sertraline caused my tinnitus as I started noticing it at the third day of it. There is a paper stating that changes on serotonin can cause it.

There is a user on reddit I talk to that believes that the research product from Xenon Pharmaceuticals related to potassium channels might be the solution for AD induced tinnitus. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, but it would be nice If some of these treatments being researched help us.

Do you consider a chance of yours being antidepressant related? I question this because I saw your signature.

Unfortunately, I am almost sure that sertraline caused my tinnitus as I started noticing it at the third day of it. There is a paper stating that changes on serotonin can cause it.

There is a user on reddit I talk to that believes that the research product from Xenon Pharmaceuticals related to potassium channels might be the solution for AD induced tinnitus. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, but it would be nice If some of these treatments being researched help us.

Yes I believe it could be because of the antidepressant I took. Worst mistake of my life. I hope better outcome for you. All the best.

I am scared as I might need a round of prednisone after some loud noise exposure. Anyone here have experience with this while tapering a benzo (or holding the taper)?

Hi all…

I’m ten years off Xanax …and I still have the tinnitus 24/7 …

Like someone else posted I use the tv or music to drown out the noise …

If things are very quite the noise is so loud in my ears it’s deafening!

I also use a sleep sound machine at night in addition to the tv ..

I haven’t tried any treatments…I’ve just learned to live with it …it’s one of my few symptoms left after all this time ..

Hope things get better for everyone  experiencing this awful side effect …I guess there are worse things to be stuck with …I have balance issues and pushing pulling after all this time …that is worse than my ears to me ..

Hang in there everyone …this has to end sometime….

Much love and healing to all..

little

[b9...]
9 years off and tinnitus still raging.  I now have hearing loss and plan to try hearing aids.  For some people they make it go away completely….anybody try them with positive results?

Hi all…

I’m ten years off Xanax …and I still have the tinnitus 24/7 …

Like someone else posted I use the tv or music to drown out the noise …

If things are very quite the noise is so loud in my ears it’s deafening!

I also use a sleep sound machine at night in addition to the tv ..

I haven’t tried any treatments…I’ve just learned to live with it …it’s one of my few symptoms left after all this time ..

Hope things get better for everyone  experiencing this awful side effect …I guess there are worse things to be stuck with …I have balance issues and pushing pulling after all this time …that is worse than my ears to me ..

Hang in there everyone …this has to end sometime….

Much love and healing to all..

little

Glad your T is not too bothersome.

Unfortunately catastrophic tinnitus is probably one of the worst things to be stuck with. Completely debilitating and no treatments available whatsoever besides "deal with it".

9 years off and tinnitus still raging.  I now have hearing loss and plan to try hearing aids.  For some people they make it go away completely….anybody try them with positive results?

your first post says you started tapering in 2017? That's not 9 years off.

Curious to know how loud is really loud?

What environments can you hear it in?

Also what does yours sound like?

I hear it all the time especially when I'm in bed. It's very discouraging but I'm still surviving. It's like a buzzing in both ears. It's alot like really loud crickets. It stays solid, never letting up. It's like an engine running in my head.

I mean can you hear it driving down the road, in the shower, outside clearly etc?

Curious to know how loud is really loud?

What environments can you hear it in?

Also what does yours sound like?

I hear it all the time especially when I'm in bed. It's very discouraging but I'm still surviving. It's like a buzzing in both ears. It's alot like really loud crickets. It stays solid, never letting up. It's like an engine running in my head.

I mean can you hear it driving down the road, in the shower, outside clearly etc?

Yes I can hear it slightly when I'm doing daily activities.

I am confused here.

My tinnitus came on from reinstating, although I mistook it as noise exposure so I stayed on it for 6 months.

Previous posts say you should updose to get rid of the tinnitus.

In my case that does not work. Therefore the speed of the taper seems irrelevant, and my only option is to get off of clonazepam at a safe rate without making the tinnitus completely unmanageable (which it already is)

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused here.

My tinnitus came on from reinstating, although I mistook it as noise exposure so I stayed on it for 6 months.

Previous posts say you should updose to get rid of the tinnitus.

In my case that does not work. Therefore the speed of the taper seems irrelevant, and my only option is to get off of clonazepam at a safe rate without making the tinnitus completely unmanageable (which it already is)

Any suggestions?

Your taper plan seems good. Getting sleep and avoiding stress will help the symptoms. But getting off and healing the standard way seems to be what we got for now.

Does anyones hyperacusis get worse from loud noises or digital sounds and stay that way for a while? Like you have to protect your ears so you don't trigger it/make it worse?

Does anyones hyperacusis get worse from loud noises or digital sounds and stay that way for a while? Like you have to protect your ears so you don't trigger it/make it worse?

Yes mine does its hell along with the tinnitus too :(

Nova  :smitten:

Yes mine does its hell along with the tinnitus too :(

oh good Im not crazy! I can be fine and then boom, pain.

Hope you've been hanging in there.

• 1 month later...

YES! I never leave the house without my noise cancelling AirPods anymore. It amazes me how a I can have such raging tinnitus and still hear a pin drop a mile away!

YES! I never leave the house without my noise cancelling AirPods anymore. It amazes me how a I can have such raging tinnitus and still hear a pin drop a mile away!

Yes and Ditto

Tinnitus is one of the least understood conditions in medicine.  Whether you got it from noise exposure, taking or withdrawing from benzos, as a reaction from medicine or Covid-19 shot, age-related hearing loss, another medical condition, or from an unknown cause, I would advise protecting your ears from damage, regardless.

Do not listen to music using earbuds, they are a major cause of hearing damage and tinnitus. You can still enjoy listening by using over-the-head headphones if you're careful to not turn the volume too high.  As my tinnitus was likely caused by headphone/earbud use, I got rid of my headphones and only use speakers now.   

• 5 weeks later...

I was habituated to tinnitus until I had this spike 5 days ago on an episode of hypoglycemia.

It's still piercing and I pray to God that it goes back to the baseline level that it was before.

It's kinda easy to get burnt out or hypoglycemic while on benzo tolerance. I am almost giving up tapering and updosing after such an event and all the suffering I am usually going through.

I use NAC and now Idk if I stop it because Idk if it can hinder the recovery proccess.

I don't wish tinnitus to anyone in the world. Nor benzo withdrawal.

I just want a normal, healthy and happy life for me and my parents.

• 2 months later...

I was habituated to tinnitus until I had this spike 5 days ago on an episode of hypoglycemia.

It's still piercing and I pray to God that it goes back to the baseline level that it was before.

It's kinda easy to get burnt out or hypoglycemic while on benzo tolerance. I am almost giving up tapering and updosing after such an event and all the suffering I am usually going through.

I use NAC and now Idk if I stop it because Idk if it can hinder the recovery proccess.

I don't wish tinnitus to anyone in the world. Nor benzo withdrawal.

I just want a normal, healthy and happy life for me and my parents.

I see this was posted last month but I still hoped you see my reply.  I have had tinnitus for about 10 years, and mine is 24/7 but seems to subside at night now quite a lot, not every night a little at night.  During the day if I'm home alone, and if it's bad at night, I use a little app on my phone called Chrome Doze, and there's another call Whilst but I like chrome doze for my sound.

I live alone so it's ok to have that crazy app going anytime, day or night so it may not work for some folks with husbands or wives etc.  When I'm around people though I just don't hear it, I'm probably habituated as you reminded me that we can become that.

I am so hoping and praying I won't always have to have "outside" noise to mask it.  I believe mine can be healed because I don't think it had a thing to do with loud noises, or a severe injury.  I'll be hoping for you as well because I think Tinnitus is or has been my worst symptom.  I don't want to be deaf, don't get me wrong, but I long for the sound of silence again, and can't remember what it was even like.

I feel so sad on this group, this is the worst symptom. It’s going for 4 years now and my biggest life regret is taking those drugs and now I’m trapped with this noise.

Tinnitus is horrible, I really didn't know what caused it, and mine has been 24/7 for I think 7 years now.  I do think it is the clonazepam, but since I didn't get it much earlier like after 10 or 20 years of using my 1 mg of the drug, I still hadn't developed it.  But I've read a bit about the beginnings of tinnitus (my type) could be started in the brain.  I've heard both the Vega Nerve I think it's called, as well as Hypotholamus being areas of the brain Tinnitus could possibly develop from.  Benzos do work in, and on our brains so relationship is possible.

I have gotten used to mine but not to the point of not having my anxiety either raise the loudness of it, or the other way around, Tinnitus causing my anxiety has not gone away.

Do you use any type of white noise that cancels out the loudness?  It works for me but I'm also alone in my home so I can have it going all night without disturbing anyone.  Sometimes I have an app going on each side of head just so I can cancel out that piercing noise in my brain.

Tell me more about what you have tried to adjust to yours and maybe I can help with something  :'(  My heart breaks for anyone that suffers from this, and there are millions suffering  :'(  I'll mention again my Chrome Doze app (google playstore) I have on both my cellphones.  If it sounds ridiculous please don't knock it til you try it.  You can adjust it to what fits your T.  If yours is like mine, it doesn't bother me when I'm out driving, or grocery shopping, at the gym etc.  But home alone in the quiet can drive me nuts until I just have to turn my apps on.

Hey fellow Tinnitus Club members,

The Dalia Lama said "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”  I don't think he had T.

Ive had it now for 1.5 years and Ive tried everything I could from Reiki, Acupuncture, Craniosacral massage, head thumping ..... all the YouTube video exercises I could find.

Today is the worst day and I think its from the stress/noise/road vibrations of driving my car for a few hours.  Exercise seems to ramp it up.  Foods/sex seem to produce spikes.  Im just confused and angry that all the things Ive enjoyed and taken pleasure from are becoming suspects.  My T goes up and down and journaling doesn't seem to produce any understanding of what is causing spikes.  I can't even correlate it to weather or anxiety.  I suppose it's "submit to the universe" for me until I get off the V.  I pray that I can at least have some reduction in the spikes?  Im going down to 4 mg tonight.

I have Alexa playing cicadas in every room of my house and listen to meditation at night on YouTube to try to get some sleep.  Insomnia sucks. 

So Im here to offer support and caring to others and to not feel so alone on this journey.  Im reading every post in this thread to try to gain understanding of what's happening to me.  Mine came out of the blue I thought until I realized that I had likely reached habituation tolerance of Tem and X but I had no other symptoms.  Things were fine except for the usual stress.  Then I found BB and latched onto the idea that my T came from Benzos.  I started tapering with the help of my Psy.

Hoping for a better tomorrow,

Alycat