• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Js...]

• [Co...]

• [Th...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

not to jinx myself but the past 3 days have been quite a bit better. Depression has definitely lifted, some anxiety but can deal with it. Better than being depressed and anxious!

not to jinx myself but the past 3 days have been quite a bit better. Depression has definitely lifted, some anxiety but can deal with it. Better than being depressed and anxious!

I'm glad you're having a window!!  :yippee:

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr185/theresa1958_bucket/thz21631782.jpg

Glad you are having a window, Jim.  They are so much needed during this process. 

I am just finishing up a bad wave and life seems a little brighter right now.....thanks for asking.

Patty  xo

Jim , I see you were on the junk for a longer time than I was, but as usage of this drugs go,compared to some, you can't consider yourself a long term user.  I mention this, cause maybe being on the shorter use list , than the longer one ( like 3 to 20 years) you may get those windows sooner than most and they could  last longer till one day not that far away , the good window doesn't close at all (like lucky me :yippee:).. Unfortunately no one can tell, but I would say the odds for your healing time to be shorter , rather than longer are pretty good.... Thats me... mister optimist :thumbsup: :thumbsup:so will continue to pull for you and your good windows outweighing the bad ones.  and start looking at your celebration party :thumbsup:

John. 

Thanks John and I hope you are right. This week hasn't been bad and I continue to cut every other day so I am heading in the right direction for the party and not suffering to bad doing it. I can live with that. I am too trying to be an optimist but also realize the journey is not over till it's over.

Have a great weekend,

Jim

Jsince,

Hey just checking in to see how the titration was going, looks like you are making alot of progess and will be off the junk soon.

I just started my titration version 2.0.  I am using .5 mg pills and tossing 1ml every day.  So it will take me 100 days to get off the first .5mg.  Then, depending on whether or not I hold anywhere, another 100 days to get off the second .5mg and be totally done.  My first titration lasted about 70 days, this one will probably last three times as long, but I learned something in the process, 10 percent a week was too fast for me. :)

I think by now you know that the cool thing about titration is that you can hold, or move along at the rate you want to go.  Hopefully, that has helped as you have reduced your dose.  Keep up the good work.

Tim

Hey Tim, thanks for checking in and I'm sorry the first taper didn't go quite as planned for you. I'm doing OK, reducing the same way you are now 1ml every other day and that seems to work the best, for me at least. Sometime when I get feeling better I go back to 1ml every day but that usually lasts for about 3 days and then things start getting tougher again. I can say that the depresssion overall has gotten better so that is a good thing. I saw a new PDoc this week as I decide who to hitch my wagon too, his advice was 10% every week or two. Thus, when you are at .30mg/30ml reduce by .03mg/3ml every week or so, then wehen down to .20mg reduce by .02mg/2ml per week or 2. That makes sense and even though it takes alot longer I would think the landing would be softer. I think you are doing the right thing bud going slower, obviuosly faster didn't cut it right!

Stay in touch Tim, good luck and keep the faith.

Jim

hey Jim have not checked in with you for awhile and wanted to know how things are going.  I am still looking forward to getting togeather with you when you feel like it.  I have told many people about how I felt while on the benzo's and getting off of them, but I know they just don't comprehend just how bad it is.    I have never been face to face with a fellow sufferer who knows exactly what we go thru getting off this junk so getting togeather will be cool. 

Just in case I am having lunch with a long term friend to discuss a good will job down the road next Thursday the 19th in Rochester.  If you are available, we can make plans to have coffee before noon , or after the lunch period if it works for you.  If you want PM me and let me know and we'll finalize plans from there. :thumbsup:

st