Writing a book maybe - need your help

[pa...]

Hey,

I by no means meant to upset anyone with the contents of my response to yb.  Yellow Bird was simply reaching out their hand (a very brave and extremely hard thing to do) in search of help and understanding.  We have Someone in common, so I welcomed them in Him.  Isn't that what BB is here for?  I joined for the very same reason everyone else here has - community with others going through the same as I.  I too am intimately aware how uber-sensitive we all are due to these medications.  Let's be kind and gentle to one another.  I might believe one way, others believe another and that's okay.  I'm mindful to be respectful, I deserve the same in kind.  We all do.  This world is pretty good at being dismissive towards the hurt and hurting.  Let us not be the same.  This is a safe place.

It is my hope that a book is written by Parker.  We're here to encourage and build-up one another not tear-down.  God was not with Jim Jones.  He does not desire death and destruction, just the opposite.  Satan does though and those who follow him, enter Jim Jones.  Take; Carroll, Shaw, Bryant, Lewis, Franklin, Lincoln, Plato, Buda, Kierkegaard, Renton, Voltaire, Epictetus, Asimov, Tzu, Schopenhauer, etc.  I might not agree completely with all that each has said or even the individual themselves.  But I surely wouldn't chastise someone for incorporating their views into their own ideology.  Why God though?

I know this isn't the place to discuss this, so I won't.  I'm respectful.  Just know no ill-will was meant.

truly, grace & peace

eli

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [...]

• [Ne...]

• [pi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess god doesn't want her to write it.

this is just not a supportive comment and down right cruel in my own opinion!

cruel? doesn't even come close. cruel is when slime balls like jim & tammy baker purchase air conditioned dog houses for their dogs from millions in cash they stole from their 'flock.'....lol....that's cruel !

I am in the camp of WRITE the book, if Gods blessing is upon it then it will go well for you. I personally have been praying that when I am healed that I can start a support group where I live, there is no such thing in this area and I for one sure could use a support group. I have made friends in 5 different states so far and we chat on the phone . How much better if we could be face to face.

But back to you, I believe that writing just your experience 1st hand and honest would be a great help for those who are in the midst of the torture.

also if you can spread the Word of God within the pages...double whammy for sure :smitten:

Hi Guys - I'm praying hard right now about whether or not to write a book on recovery - something very thorough.

If I do this, I want it to be conversational - just the way I write here on the forum.  Layman's terms.  Encouraging. Real.  Scientific, but comprehendible.  Nothing overly confusing. 

I am praying first of all - to see if this is God's plan - for me to write this.

And secondly - if it is, I want your help to know what to be SURE to include in the book. What did you want to "have" or to "know" as you embarked on recovery.  What did you spend hours searching the forum to find?  What did you want or need to know?

I have my own ideas, but if this is going to work, I am going to put up a few huge posterboards and print out your comments and include them in the pre-writing/planning process.

If you would - please let me know what you think - in general. 

Should Parker write a book?

If so, what do *I* want to see included that would be a help?

This may or may not be God's plan for me.  I feel pulled in this direction, but I am still waiting on hearing from God on this before I go off thinking I can be an author.  :laugh:

Thanks, guys,

:)Parker

Do you think you know enough about the subject and medicine in general?

From your signature it seems you had a rather brief brush with benzos.

Mentor, I fully believe Parker to be qualified to write a book on this subject....  Have you read her post known as Parker's Letter? 

Hi Guys - I'm praying hard right now about whether or not to write a book on recovery - something very thorough.

If I do this, I want it to be conversational - just the way I write here on the forum.  Layman's terms.  Encouraging. Real.  Scientific, but comprehendible.  Nothing overly confusing. 

I am praying first of all - to see if this is God's plan - for me to write this.

And secondly - if it is, I want your help to know what to be SURE to include in the book. What did you want to "have" or to "know" as you embarked on recovery.  What did you spend hours searching the forum to find?  What did you want or need to know?

I have my own ideas, but if this is going to work, I am going to put up a few huge posterboards and print out your comments and include them in the pre-writing/planning process.

If you would - please let me know what you think - in general. 

Should Parker write a book?

If so, what do *I* want to see included that would be a help?

This may or may not be God's plan for me.  I feel pulled in this direction, but I am still waiting on hearing from God on this before I go off thinking I can be an author.  :laugh:

Thanks, guys,

:)Parker

I wouldn't call 2 years on benzos a brief brush.......

An encounter with benzos is an encounter with benzos.  All are equally significant be it a short while or many many years.  The "beast" knows no boundaries and doesn't play fair.  You write your book Pianogirl and be better for it.  We all should write a book of our own.  Just like one voice is more easily heard when combined with others, same go with this.  We need to stand in each others corner with each other.  Not in the stands as a spectator.  This isn't a spectator journey nor is BB a spectator forum.  We're to help and encourage one another.

shalom

eli

An encounter with benzos is an encounter with benzos.  All are equally significant be it a short while or many many years.  The "beast" knows no boundaries and doesn't play fair.  You write your book Pianogirl and be better for it.  We all should write a book of our own.  Just like one voice is more easily heard when combined with others, same go with this.  We need to stand in each others corner with each other.  Not in the stands as a spectator.  This isn't a spectator journey nor is BB a spectator forum.  We're to help and encourage one another.

shalom

eli

eli,

Parker is the one writing the book.

What you said is so true, thanks for posting.

eli,

Oh! Yeah, right, Parker.  "You write your book Parker."  Nice to "see" you Pianogirl.  How are you doing this fine July evening?

be well and may you stay well

eli

eli,

Oh! Yeah, right, Parker.  "You write your book Parker."  Nice to "see" you Pianogirl.  How are you doing this fine July evening?

be well and may you stay well

eli

I'm very well eli, thanks for asking. We just had a nice refreshing rain after some very hot temperatures this week. Be well yourself.

PG

[43...]

Mentor, I fully believe Parker to be qualified to write a book on this subject....  Have you read her post known as Parker's Letter?

Exactly.

If anyone can do this, it's you Parker!

And I would not call your experience a brief brush with benzo's.    :sick:

:smitten:

Moo

I personally have been praying that when I am healed that I can start a support group where I live, there is no such thing in this area and I for one sure could use a support group.

i too am going to start a benzo support group in my area where they hold AA and Alanon meetings.

oooh, what if we all were required to write a book about our benzo experience. revolution time. i sure haven't had a brief brush with benzos -- it took away my whole life. i have to write a book.

No I have not. If you would be good enough to furnish a link I'd be appreciative.

Between all the God stuff and the limited benzo exposure I will remain skeptical for now.

thank you

[43...]

No I have not. If you would be good enough to furnish a link I'd be appreciative.

Between all the God stuff and the limited benzo exposure I will remain skeptical for now.

thank you

The link to this can be found in my signature, Mentor.

It's called " what's happening in your brain".

Best,

Moo

mentor,

I am sure you will find that Parker knows enough about the subject and benzos in general. No such thing as a brief brush between Parker and benzos.

So mentor, does this mean that if someone says they are praying about something you automatically become a skeptic? Not sure how someone's belief in God would effect their ability to write a good book. Maybe that says more about your beliefs and how they influence you than it does about Parker's?  :-\

Also, just wanted to point out that technically someone doesn't need personal experience to write a book about benzo withdrawal (unless it is strictly a memoir). They would need good information gathering skills, the ability to gather facts and interviews, and obviously the ability to communicate that information effectively. I think Parker's posts show that the ability is there and we all know that there is a real need to get more information out about this epidemic. I say, "Go for it, Parker!".

mentor,

I am sure you will find that Parker knows enough about the subject and benzos in general. No such thing as a brief brush between Parker and benzos.

I just read her piece and did like that she got it, this is not withdrawal, this is your body repairing. I have spoken to this for years. Until doctors learn to think of it like this, they will continue to be of minimal service in this regard.

I do think that collaboration would be essential with several long term sufferers. I saw none of the more serious conditions that benzo damage can do spoken to.

Personally I have always used analogies favoring electrical wiring rather than buildings. Why?  Because benzo damage repair is not linear.

Much easier to understand a wire being temporarily spliced together, while major repairs are going on elsewhere,  that overloads and  shorts out again than to imagine a wall having been reconstructed inexplicably collapsing after repairs.

Plus much of the repair, it is about laying new wire, new pathways, at least until the main lines are working again.

So mentor, does this mean that if someone says they are praying about something you automatically become a skeptic?

Pretty much.

Unless it is uttered as a simple nicety.

Personally I have always used analogies favoring electrical wiring rather than buildings. Why?  Because benzo damage repair is not linear.

Much easier to understand a wire being temporarily spliced together, while major repairs are going on elsewhere,  that overloads and  shorts out again than to imagine a wall having been reconstructed inexplicably collapsing after repairs.

Plus much of the repair, it is about laying new wire, new pathways, at least until the main lines are working again.

i wrote a song that makes reference to this healing syndrome and used wires as analogy. it's a good one.

• 2 months later...
I just bought a book called The Benzo Book by Jack Hobson-Dupont who was part of BB's here according to his story. There is nothing in the book that I do not know from here so thank you BB's for sharing so freely. I appreciate your knowledge and power and have learned so much myself through this site. :smitten: :smitten:

I just bought a book called The Benzo Book by Jack Hobson-Dupont who was part of BB's here according to his story. There is nothing in the book that I do not know from here so thank you BB's for sharing so freely. I appreciate your knowledge and power and have learned so much myself through this site. :smitten: :smitten:

this is a good book by Jack. he is a good friend and has been helping my mother with her taper for almost 2 years.