• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

BlueBell

Thanks for encouraging us all.  I'm going to go on Remeron for awhile.  I just can't take the no sleep and the horrible anxiety and all the other symptoms.  I'm 8 weeks out from benzos.  did you feel this bad.  I'm barely making it. Can't believe this is real.  Help.

whootwhoot ( love your name!!!)

I had bad days where I felt like my mind was slipping sideways. Thinkgs are not perfect, but they are a heck of a lot better than they were.

I hope the Remeron works for you. When I first started it, my entire body felt almost numb and I felt sedated. That was gone within 2 weeks. It really did help me with sleep at first...now, not as much.

Blue :smitten:

Thanks Blue I might give it a try.  Have to try something. 

I have such bad thoughts about dying; just gonna stop existing; breathing anxiety is the worst.

did you ever feel like this?

I used to wish I did not exist at all. At least you care you are alive. I think that is a positive thing. You want life!!!

hi fellow mirtazapine users. we have heard a lot about mirtazapine losing efficacy and turning against you at some point after continued usage. i am currently using it intermittently at 3.75mg-7.5mg as needed. is it possible that it will lose efficacy or turn against me if i use it like 1-2 times a week only? thanks all..

22 day off remeron and it been extremely difficult. One thing that's been happening is the last few days I'm getting terrible itching spells! Hands feet anywhere. I've heard where some have experienced this wondering if this has effected anyone on this board?

Jrod

Hello everyone.  I have been on Lexapro for 2 months, my second stint and remeron for sleep for about 1 1/2 months.  I want to sleep without the remeron.  I cannot take afternoon naps anymore.  Is there a way to get off remeron and hopefully sleep with the Lexapro now kicking in?

Hi all,

I am off benzos for 13 months now and started my Remeron taper last november, and am 7 months into what will be a 10-11 month taper at around 10%/month.  I am currently 80% off Remeron with  56 more days left of the taper until I'm all off.  I started at 15 mg last November and am now down to 3.1mgs.  While this has not been a pleasant ride, the past week or so has been pretty awful with severe muscle spasms and pain in my neck , back, and joints.  Seems like any joint that ever had any pain is now hyperinflamed.  Lots of headache/neckaches 24/7.  Also increased anxiety, dizziness, bellyaches, bloat,  sleep issues., etc.    I'm wondering if any of you who have also tapered off Remeron have experienced similar symptoms?    Seems to be worsening as I go lower in the taper of Remeron.

I appreciate any feedback about getting off this nasty chemical.  Thanks so much for any input.

BT

BT yes !  I started at 3.75 in jan and jumped off at 0.9 may 31.

This has been a nasty drug for me. I'm on day 26 and going through these patterns of absolute torturous waves every three days. Some believe its benzo that I'm dealing with but I feel it's the rem.

The heavy psych WD sx didn't even hit till I was 11 days off. Now 26 days off remeron I'm in the thick of this horrific WD praying that I may turn the corner soon. Most folks say 3 months is the average WD .My waves consist of , heavy anxiety , hopelessness ,dread, depression, crying spells, nausea,headaches,brain fog, vision issues that's to name a few. For me this has been much worse than my first few weeks of my benzo ct.

Now that's me, there are also many which have tolerated the Drug well and was able to get off with no issues. I wish I would have had the same exp.

Good luck

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Clearly it's hard to separate out WD from benzos from the Remeron.  I'm off Klonopin for 13 months after an 18 month microtaper.  That too was pretty awful.  So who knows what's causing what?    In the past couple of days, the severe muscle spams have lessened a bit.  Now I'm just having the usual all day anxiety, dizziness, joint pain, occasional nausea, disturbed sleep , etc, etc.  What a trip!!!

I think that all of us who have gone through this drug WD nightmare should get medals of honor for our ability to withstand this lengthy nightmare of daily unrelenting suffering.  I'm very functional and have been all along. I just feel awful most of the time.  The only relief I can get is from medical high CBD MJ taken in various forms of creams, patches, capsules, edibles, etc.  Who would have thought that after 40 years since last touching any form of cannabis, I'm needing this stuff to get through each day.  I have been seeing occasional glimpses of light at the end of the tunnel compared to how I have been over the past 2 years of getting off these things, but wow, you really have to doubt that you'll ever get back to normal again.  Good luck to you and all of us going through this.  BT.

Good luck BT Sounds like your coming off the right way. Magnesium has helped my anxiety incase you haven't tried it.

Oh my, I had no idea Remeron was a big deal at all. I've had some lying around from a past prescription, and am currently beginning to taper off 40mgs. of diazepam. But sometimes I get up in the morning and want to just hide, and so I'll just take a 15mg. Remeron pill and split it haphazardly- sometimes into quarters, or sometimes into a half. It doesn't do much, I don't think. But, surprise surprise, here are 105 pages about Remeron.

You all seem like expert scientists, the way you gauge your tapers and are doing things precisely. I haven't read the 105 pages, but I feel out of my league- now I don't know what I've been doing to myself with the Remeron, let alone the valium.

Is there some kind of tutorial that can explain all these tapering/cutting methods, so I can understand what I obviously didn't take seriously at all?

Liquid, dry, jewelers' scales- I am totally lost........and now very afraid.

I am currently barely functional- but I thought I was close to that before taking benzos or Remeron anyway. Now I am overwhelmed by all this info.

Can anyone help me out of cluelessness?

Lucero,  There is a lot of info about liquid titration on this site as well as on the various FB support group sites.  If you would like, pm me and I can give you specifics, or we can talk via phone.  I have done both dry cutting and liquid titration. I have found the LT to be much gentler as you remove a tiny amount each day, every day.  Ypu can hold for a while, or accelerate the pace according to your symptoms, but it is very flexible.

Reading this - I am getting down in my benzo taper and was considering remron ( I have taken 7.5 2-3 times in the last year for sleep. This is not sounding like a good idea????

Dear Ego,

Occasional use of Remeron 1-2/year probably wont hurt, but with the benefit of my own experience, don't start taking it regularly as it  may just be one more very difficult thing to get off.  For me, it has proven worse than Klonopin to get off.

Also, it may not be bothering you, but it seems like your Klonopin taper is way too rapid. The Ashton method recommends no more than 10%/month to be safe and "gentle".  Looks like you recently did a 50% cut in 10 days.  Have you considered a liquid titration?  Compared to dry cutting, it is very gradual and kinder.

Off of remeron now for 34days. My sx seem to have gotten worse last week or so. I'm experiencing

More depression almost daily, fear/ terror, anxiety, inner tension, dizziness ,blurred vision,

inner desperation,fatigue, tennitus.

I starting to worry about how long will I have to endure this torture? Lots of other pep have seen some relief after 3 weeks off. I've read where most say 3 months or so to be pretty close to recovery but this is starting to scare me.

Would appreciate any input.

Jrod 

Jrod. 34 days off is excellent but still very early. My sx's were horrible at that point. I think I got some relief at 3 months then it slowly worked it's way out for a further 4 to 6 weeks. Keep going!  It will get better.

Hi Angle:

I'm glad you wrote me with this info. Even though I've heard similar accts time and time again, I've followed this thread since February as well as your struggle finding your way free.

It's such and intense & lengthly wd for so many of us. You being to think there's something else going on as well as will this ever end.

Angle has your ef wd pretty much resolved?

Thank you Angle, jrod

Hi jrod. Glad it helped

If you think you've got problems coming off Mirtazapine, think of me coming off the hellish Effexor!  No no way out of the woods yet.  6 months off and still struggling badly. This is going to take a long time. 4 months for you is nothing

Stay strong

Angel

So sorry Angle!

I did read where it took sometime after you came off for the heavy stuff to hit. I hope it's much less than you anticipate. So it sounds worse than your exp coming off rem because of sx or length?

Hang in there it's hell but out of all pep, you will succeed!

Today is day 41 for me hope it subsides some. It didn't really hit till 11 days after jump. Some feel It benzos but I never had such a variety of horrific stuff with benzo wd.

Let me know how your doing and

I wish you the best!

Jrod