Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Just to let you know how it's gone for me so far since stopping Remeron.  That's not to say this is how it goes for everyone but there is nothing to be afraid of really.

The first 6 days were uncomfortable with stomach pains, nausea, chest tightness, feeling crappy etc.  Then on Day 7 much more intense with the shaking,  headaches, more intense crappiness.  This lasted until Day 13.  Today Day 14 the crappy feeling has lifted and am feeling much better - not brilliant and my hands are a bit shaky but much improved.

I should tell you that throughout this process I have kept really busy and tried to carry on as usual. Even during the intense period I have taken 2 flights, been to a wedding, seen family and friends, done shopping, had friends to dinner, driven miles etc etc. At times I never thought I would get through the day but I did and was so pleased to strike another one off.

I realise it may take a few weeks to feel totally better but after 2 weeks I am feeling much more human, having a normal day and believe that it can only improve from now on.

So if you are anything like me, you needn't fear the withdrawals, be prepared for a couple of iffy weeks with a few bad days and keep busy.  So far this hasn't been the worst drug to withdraw from. I think the Effexor will be a lot worse but am not intending to tackle that yet .

I hope I don't go backwards now I've written the above!  But will update again in due course.

Good luck everyone with your battles

Angel xx

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hi laelani, nice to see you check in!  :)

you too coralashley! let us know about that new supplement you've tried.  :)

kotrJ43, i get knocked out really hard. less so now that i am at the lower doses, but i definitely get that. vivid dreams too. intense actually. sounds fairly normal. do you get the munchies? oh man. i really have to keep myself in check. i could eat an all-you-can-eat buffet right out of business.  ;)

angel - REALLY valuable last post on your progress. it made me feel a good deal of confidence in the future. do you have any idea how proud of you i am?!?!?! WOW! and so beautiful that you are having a good day. thank you so much for continuing to share your journey with us.  :)

i'm doing fairly well, friends. trying to eat smaller meals during the day to keep my blood sugar even. i think the remeron gives me a little hypoglycemia actually. the small meals throughout the day have been helping. i feel pretty solid.

to you all, i give my all...

-dave

Hi Angel, SOOOOO great to hear your positive success!!  Keep up the great work and since you've successfully tapered off Effexor you know you can do it again.. but baby steps!!

Dave, I had posted a few posts back about the supplement I'm on.. check it out :-)

So glad to hear you are doing so well!

You had lost a few pounds, are you holding those pounds lost, have you lost anymore or had you gained them back..

I know for me, I can lose a few pounds and then gain them right back.. Before all this junk for years I was a double 0 and now I fit tight in a 2... and I'm not going to buy 4's b/c that would be just tooo much for me to handle..

Anyways, I am hanging in there and here is how I sometimes feel.

Sometimes I'm scared that I'll never be able to get off remeron b/c of my girl cycle.. Even while tapering off the benzo my anxiety was never so bad 10 days out from by girl-time.. maybe I had a little but not as much as I did my last girl-cycle…. . Now that I'm off of the benxo during my pre-period time I am a hot mess of anxiety.  (well at least last month it was bad, maybe this month & the preceding months won’t be so bad)

I was doing so well and was about to start my UK tapering plan and then "WAM" I've been set back with this whole cycle thing.

Sometimes I wonder if I will be o.k off all meds!  Sometimes I wonder if I can make another day, sometimes I wonder how I'll feel in a month or 3 months and so on..

Sometimes I listen to the devils lies... b/c that's what those thoughts are, they are LIES!! 

Then I remember I am a child of God and God is the great physician.  He told me to get off the benzos and He was right and now I have to have STRONGER Faith that HE will finish this for me.

I've realized that when I am weak, HE is the strongest. I've thought back on the times I thought I couldn't make it, And I DID.  He/God has shown me just how Strong I am b/c of Him.  God is soo good and I'm so glad that I have Him during this painful time And I’m glad I have you all too. 

There are sometimes I just want to not take the remeron to be able to wait out the pain till it goes away.. but then I get scared (“ye of little faith”).  I’m like doubting Thomas as times!

STAY STRONG EVERYONE!  From this experience you will become So strong and you will have a testimony to share with others and from that help others!  Next time you are having a rough day, just say “God it’s your turn to take the wheel because I just am too weak,” and watch He will be there, He is always with us.

Luv to all!!

Hi everyone, so I'm doing pretty well actually😃I switched to a liquid prep for a few nights at 1.5 ml, then tried 0 wed night and felt better than I have in awhile the next day! So I haven't taken any more for the past week. I'm really surprised its going so well. There was some nausea, mild anxiety and difficulty falling asleep BUT gone is the am fog, hypoglycemia, and tiredness! I will let you know how this week goes. I think next to the benzo wd everything else pales in comparison, and i was terrified of going through hell again. i am now 100% confident we ALL heal from this awful experience. I hope you all have a great week💗

Yeah, I am so excited it worked so well for you!

Please share your exact tapering plan with us, i know so many will be eager to hear.  How long it took you, etc.

Thanks also for stopping in to post this!!  What dosage of the benzo are you on, etc?

HUGS!

whoa, butterflyz!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: such amazing news!

can you do me a favor and expand a little on what you experienced w/ the hypoglycemia? i think this is REALLY affecting me. trying to eat better to control it. any insight would be radically helpful and gratefully accepted.

coralashley, i have held my weight perfectly steady since losing those lbs. done nothing to my diet, but incorporated abdominal work and moderate lifting into my day when i can. so holding steady.  i still want to eat like a sumo about 1 hour after i dose tho... sheesh...

-dave

Congratulations Butterflyz!! That's awesome news! I know I have a long way to go on my remeron taper, because I'm just starting my Clonazapam taper, but I'm learning from all of you wonderful people, so that I can be prepared when the time comes.

I'd like to know how you tapered it exactly as well. How you felt during the process etc.

Coralashley, I just love everything you have to say about Our Lord, & the Holy Spirit. I'm a believer just like you & you help me when you reference them in your posts. I believe that this journey I'm making for the second time has a lot to do with many life lessons that I need to learn about myself & that Our Lord has placed me on this path specifically for this reason. Yes it's an incredibly difficult journey thus far, but I've already learned so much about myself & there's still more that I need to "fix" throughout the remainder of it. As long as God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, & Our Lady are walking with me & surrounding me with their love & grace, I know I can make it out on the other side a much better person....with the hope of learning to forgive & love myself just the way I am.

On another note, about that supplement your using for anxiety...is it helping you with your anxiety?

I have a bacopa supplement ready to use when I need it, but it's only the bacopa. My friend recommended it to me who used that, along with L theanine during his ativan taper & said it helped with is anxiety & is done tapering, doing great by the way, & still taking it. So I'm curious to know how this supplement is working for you.

Dave, it's always good hearing from you. How's your taper of the R going for you? And how's life for you post benzos?

For everyone here, I'd like to know just how long it took you to heal once your taper of your benzo was complete. And just how bad were your symptoms during your taper.

I'm on a daily titration taper, reducing .007 every morning...today being my 11th day.

I feel ok, having some depression, and a little anxiety regarding the taper itself....the not knowing if & when bad symptoms will hit, but mostly I find myself extremely fatigued. Not sure why?

I would think I would be feeling less fatigued the more I go down, but it's the opposite.

And naps just don't quite work for me right now! Can't wait for it to be over...all of it!

Anyway....I love this little thread we have...everyone is so kind & supportive. I look forward to new posts when I come on here.

Thank you to everyone for your love, encouragement & support:)

Hugs,

Laelani

Hi lealani, yes I love the Lord so very much!

And yes u r correct with trials and tribulations those that love Him will draw closer to Him.

Without Holy Spirt, our helper, I wouldn't of been able to manage all this.

But in 2010 I was not feeling well from the benzos, I didn't know it was the benzos that were doing it but God/Holy Spirit spoke to me internally and said as plain as day "I want u off those"

I then started my research on how to get off and then fully moved forward with getting off of them in February 2012.

He has taught me so much! I'm am soooo much stronger now and every time I get scared I say "God you told me to get off of those and i did...now u have to help me through this. I did my part and this part is yours."

I love being free of those benzos...

Yes the neuro endure is helping sooo many people on benzos to help them get off even a little faster... Check out the links I posted... I am doing good on them myself and I am super sensitive to everything and I'm not having a bad reaction so that is a great sign!

I haven't had accute withdrawals too bad, except for the last few weeks, but as I have posted it could have been hormonal stuff... But I am only 37. (I posted I was 36 a few posts back but my husband reminded me I'm 37 :-)

Coralashley- I was on temazepam for 5 weeks total, remeron was added after the 2nd week ( due to tolerance anxiety from temazepam). 15 mg remeron for 1 month before I tried to cut doses. I did a rapid taper off temazepam ( didn't know better) and was cutting remeron at the same time- not pretty. I reinstated temazepam after 1.5 months of wd and c/o to Valium for a 2.5 month taper. All the while remeron was my crutch and did help at less that 7.5mg. I got down to 2 mg as I jumped off Valium. Remeron was my anchor for the past 5 month post benzo, because I knew I could sleep with it. I only tapered the remeron IF I could sleep at the lower dose.

15mg for 4weeks

7.5 mg for 3 weeks

3.75mg  2 months

2 mg for 5 months

Dave- yes I was hypoglycemic for sure only months 4-5post benzo.  I would have to eat a ton of protein and very often or else I'd get shaky, cold sweats etc. the first day I skipped my remeron dose it vanished. I know how awful it is:( I am feeling way more stable without it.  I'm on day 10 without and it's getting easier. I was nauseous days 4-6 not too bad though. Hope that helps you:)

Ladies- yes the monthly cycle plays a big part in this for me also! This whole trouble started with post partum insomnia after my 3rd baby. Hormones are very powerful( annoying)! Everyday I look at my son I see Gods wonderful gift and we have to trust His plan for us. I like to think of us as warriors now:)))

Hi Butterflyz, thanks for posting!

Did u try the taperin plan I gave u?

If so, how did u use it to get off the little bit u were on?

Thanks and yes the girl time is horrible! But God is amazing so I'll be able to do this/get off of it as well.

I am 2 months post benzo, so I may just wait till I'm 3 months, what do u think?

I know I don't want to be in more pain then I have to be in!

Hugs!

Butterflyz, I did want to mention with remeron usually u don't feel the brunt of the w/ds until 2 wks after ur cut.. So keep us post on how u r doing, since today u will be on ur 11 day..

I honestly don't think the remeron is helping me anymore, I mean it doesn't help me stay asleep and most nights it's hard to get to sleep...

I can't wait to get off of it!

Maybe I should just jump off the dose I'm on, any thoughts everyone?

:-)

hi angel! what a nice little check-in of positivity  :) i hope your perseverance is indeed precipitating the success. i bet it is (or soon will)!

kotrj43 - i concur w/ the other buddies. doubtful that any dependence would take hold after such a short duration of use. one thing that i have seen used w/ remeron if you are skittish is taking it every other day - or as needed. it actually depends on what you are trying to gain from the remeron. if you are going for the anti-depressant qualities, you'll need consistent use over a couple weeks. for anxiety/sleep/appetite issues, the effects are quite palpable from the start. so i, were i in a position to make the decision in retrospect, would consider using as needed only. just a thought. and also remember a few other things. first of all, remeron withdrawal is not benzo withdrawal. i reckon some buddies might possibly compare it, but for me, remeron withdrawal is discomfort whereas benzo withdrawal was hell. and as with benzos, some people just walk away from them with little or no issues while others crash and burn. so it may not be an issue. no one can say in advance obviously.

how are everyone else? really cool to see sleepless check in - coralashley, how are you? laelani, still hanging in there?

my best all  :thumbsup:

dave

Thank you for this post!  I need some of you that are experienced with Remeron to weigh in on my situation if you be so kind.

My weight is very dangerously low. My Valium seems to be mostly affecting my GI system and it is vicious. Back in May when I was hospitalized, although they did NOTHING else to treat my weight problem, a doctor did prescribe Remeron. The 15 mg put me totally out. I mean that almost literally; I fell onto the bed and fell asleep before finishing a sentence I had started. The next morning, I couldn't drag my eyes open for a good while. It was obviously too high a dose for my 77 pounds. The next night, they halved the dose. It still put me to sleep pretty well, which I needed badly. The day after that, I was released. Feeling much worse than when i was admitted to the hospital, I quit taking the Remeron. I did not yet know that I was having tolerance AND daily wd sx from my once a day Ativan prescription and had I not found BB yet.

Mid June, I found BB and the light bulb went on. I immediately switched to Valium and began tapering. Unfortunately, I hadn't read enough here yet and tapered too quickly, hitting a very hard wall. My GI symptoms have been very very bad and I can't seem to gain weight. Because of my constant gastric pain and swelling AND back pain, I am not sleeping much either.

I still have my Remeron. After reading this post, I am tempted to try a partial dose for just a night or two to see if it helps. I am in critical need of some help. My gastroenterologist is NO help at all, suggests nothing for my pain and low weight, and told me to cold turkey the 2.4 mg Valium I'm on. When I looked shocked, he said my attachment to it was sheerly emotional and since there was no therapeutic effect at this dose, I would,not have ANY wd sx from a CT at all. Thanks to BB, I know that is not true. But my weight and eating are HUGE detriments to my health now. I was originally given Remeron back in May in a different state for its appetite inducing effect.

What do you think of my trying it? I like the suggestion that I could use it only as needed, intermittently, because the appetite and sleeping effects are immediate. I do not need it for depression.

Did any of you have actual gastric PAIN, and did it help with this?  Will this make me want to eat things that will hurt me, or will it allow me to eat things I only "think" will hurt me and relieve the gastric pain if it is due to stress and tension over eating?

Thanks so much for your help with this. This could literally save my life. ~OneLove  :smitten:

Thank you for this post!  I need some of you that are experienced with Remeron to weigh in on my situation if you be so kind.

My weight is very dangerously low. My Valium seems to be mostly affecting my GI system and it is vicious. Back in May when I was hospitalized, although they did NOTHING else to treat my weight problem, a doctor did prescribe Remeron. The 15 mg put me totally out. I mean that almost literally; I fell onto the bed and fell asleep before finishing a sentence I had started. The next morning, I couldn't drag my eyes open for a good while. It was obviously too high a dose for my 77 pounds. The next night, they halved the dose. It still put me to sleep pretty well, which I needed badly. The day after that, I was released. Feeling much worse than when i was admitted to the hospital, I quit taking the Remeron. I did not yet know that I was having tolerance AND daily wd sx from my once a day Ativan prescription and had I not found BB yet.

Mid June, I found BB and the light bulb went on. I immediately switched to Valium and began tapering. Unfortunately, I hadn't read enough here yet and tapered too quickly, hitting a very hard wall. My GI symptoms have been very very bad and I can't seem to gain weight. Because of my constant gastric pain and swelling AND back pain, I am not sleeping much either.

I still have my Remeron. After reading this post, I am tempted to try a partial dose for just a night or two to see if it helps. I am in critical need of some help. My gastroenterologist is NO help at all, suggests nothing for my pain and low weight, and told me to cold turkey the 2.4 mg Valium I'm on. When I looked shocked, he said my attachment to it was sheerly emotional and since there was no therapeutic effect at this dose, I would,not have ANY wd sx from a CT at all. Thanks to BB, I know that is not true. But my weight and eating are HUGE detriments to my health now. I was originally given Remeron back in May in a different state for its appetite inducing effect.

What do you think of my trying it? I like the suggestion that I could use it only as needed, intermittently, because the appetite and sleeping effects are immediate. I do not need it for depression.

Did any of you have actual gastric PAIN, and did it help with this?  Will this make me want to eat things that will hurt me, or will it allow me to eat things I only "think" will hurt me and relieve the gastric pain if it is due to stress and tension over eating?

Thanks so much for your help with this. This could literally save my life. ~OneLove

hi OneLove,

welcome to our little board.  :)

my very first tolerance/withdrawal symptom was the gastric pain. i have never in my life felt physical pain at that level. the pressure was agony. eating was torturous because i knew that within an hour of eating, the pain was going to come on. it was very extreme benzo belly. and like you, i was on ativan - the symptom sounds very similar. for me, i went from a muscular 155 lbs to a gaunt 120 lbs and then i bottomed out there. i did whatever i could to get nourishment in my body - it was extraordinarily difficult.

if you look at my stats, you'll see i tapered very quickly. this threw me into withdrawal hell. mentally. it will be somewhat difficult for me to answer your question because two things happened for me at once. when i jumped from ativan after the rapid taper, i was voluntarily hospitalized within 2 days. during that hospital stay, i was put on remeron. very soon thereafter, i would say within a week, my gastric symptoms eased and started to fade away permanently.

to this day, i don't know if it was because i stopped the ativan or started the remeron. the only thing i can say is this. remeron definitely induced sleep and appetite - still does to a degree. and i did not need it for depression. but had i the chance to do it all over, i would have used remeron as needed only, so as to have avoided having to taper from it now.

i hope this helps. make the decision that best fits you. whatever decision you make, may it bring you peace and relief from your symptoms.

coralashley - please consider not jumping from the dose you are at. i think that would be unfair to your nervous system personally.  :( i understand the frustration though of taking it and feeling like it isn't helping.

laelani - hi  :) take a nice deep breath. you are doing splendidly. i won't tell you just how bad my symptoms were because maybe yours will be mild? i don't want to add any ideas to your concerns. but know that life post benzos gets better and better. it took me many months to heal, noticeably, and i am still healing. but the take-home message is that healing comes. it truly does. any questions though, obviously ask. you are doing well. easy steps, easy pace.

angel - still in a spot that is acceptable? i hope!

butterflyz - thank you for the elaboration on the hypoglycemia. very helpful!  :)

my best to each of you this day and always...

-dave

Hi Dave

Yes am fine although today Day 16 I woke up with quite strong morning anxiety then anxiety which seems to be lifting during the morning.

This isn't entirely unexpected and I expect this will be a feature until I am out of the woods but, yes, am functionable.

How are you doing?

Angel xx

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA, I've had a hectic last month. I've finally returned to the US and was glad to enter this country knowing that I'm totally drug free again! When I left for Europe three months ago I still didn't know how much it would take me to get off my last 0.75 mg of remeron. Yesterday I was cleaning my house and started throwing away all the remeron, diazepam, clonazepam, etc., that I had left, it was such a GREAT feeling!  :thumbsup:

This Tuesday I'll be 3 months off remeron. I feel like I'm turning a corner. My symptoms are definitely lessening. I've been sleeping at least 5 hours each night for the last 10 days. Anxiety is under control. However, I'm still fragile. I still wake up many time throughout the night to urinate. And, since my work is mostly intellectual, I really need to limit the time I spend reading before going to bed, otherwise I'm too wired to sleep. Also, I still can't drink any alcohol and I get very teary before my period. But having my sleep back and not dealing with horrific anxiety are major things for me! I've been leading a normal life and I know it's just a matter of time until I'm 100% myself again. I'm still taking Seriphos in the morning to lower cortisol, although I'm planning to get  cortisol and thyroid checks soon. I ran out of Magnesium some days ago and this time I'm ordering the glycinate one. I still don't know if these supplements have helped me, but they surely haven't hurt. The only things that have worked for me have been exercise, diet (no caffeine, no alcohol, less sugar), strong routines, time and patience. There isn't a magic supplement, at least in my experience.

CORALASHLEY, I know you'd like to know if I'm losing weight...  :) Well, I am! I gained 13 lbs while on remeron and I've managed to lose 2.5 permanently. I thought I'd start losing more weight quickly but it hasn't been the case. But I've been traveling and not really watching what I eat. I guess now that I'm back home I'll have more control over food and will begin to lose more. Also, I've become vegetarian. I hope it helps speeding my metabolism, as I'm sure remeron drastically slowed it down.

ANGEL, I can't tell you enough how happy I'm for you. I know how much you've struggled in the past to even reduce your remeron dose, so it's truly amazing and wonderful that you're remeron free now. I'm throwing confetti at you to celebrate!

Dave, you have so many kind words for everyone! You need to have a big heat in order to choose consoling instead of being consoled.  :smitten:

To all the rest, I'm following everyone's battles here, although I'm not participating much. Feel free to PM me if you want. I do think that, in this fight, ATTITUDE is everything. Sometimes when I felt at my lowest due to w/d, just having a positive attitude made my life so much better. Also, I had to learn to trust my body. Our bodies (including our brains) are extremely powerful and are equipped with everything we need. So, if you're not sleeping today, don't panic, trust your body... it's trying to fix itself right now from the damage done by powerful pills, and eventually it will succeed. Your body doesn't need pills to work. Also, this is a great opportunity to look into ourselves and find out what brought us to pills. Withdrawal forces us to deal with our worst fears, worries, anxieties, and I'm 100% sure that a big part of healing has to do with confronting our fears and solving our personal issues.

And last, I know that some people here are religious, some are not. I myself don't have a religion, although I think I'm aligning myself more and more with Buddhism. But I was brought up as a Catholic, and this prayer comforted me a great deal during my darkest days of withdrawal:

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

So I wrote a message back and it didn't go through, argh! I will respond with an update soon, sorry for the delay( stomach flu in my house)👎

One love- I would def try a low dose<7.5mg of remeron . It really helped me sleep and eat. It did not make me ravenous or crave sugar, I never gained weight. I just felt a normal appetite. It made me tired all day though😟I have an idea that it is causing some probs now ( mental dullness, tired, nootivation, hypoglycemia). It's more of a trade off really...

Coralashley- I was doing great until 2 days ago when a stomach virus went through our house😫I was up all night with sick kids and sick myself- caved and took .5mg just to get some sleep, which it swiftly took care of! I can't believe .5 mg does anything at all😃now I plan on going a bit slower...

Dave- since I stopped my hypoglycemic symptom have gone😃but sleep is harder. I was so excited to be feeling better but after 5 days I realized my sleep was not pretty. It's such a strange drug...

hi butterflyz, got your PM - sooooo useful - responded!

onelove, did you see our replies to your query??

hi everyone else. waiting for my parents to arrive for a visit, so can't stay onboard here long. just wanted to wish everyone a fine, healthy day.

tiger lily, i wanted to give a special shout out to you for coming back and checking in w/ all of us.  :) a great surprise! like you, i was raised a catholic - love so many of the traditions - but have leanings towards buddhism, particularly of the tibetan variety. the st. francis prayer is always blissful. here is one of the great buddhist ones to dance in unison:

may all beings enjoy happiness and the causes of happiness

may they be free from suffering and the causes of suffering

may they not be separated from the great happiness, which is free from suffering

may they dwell in perfect equanimity, free from passions, aggressions, and prejudice...

any of the great teachers - jesus, buddha, etc. could have spoken those very words - because they, like st. francis' prayer, are the fabric of the human heart.

blessings all - big ones too...

-dave

Hi everyone!

I haven't slept well for the past couple of nights :-(, I started back on the progesterone but on a higher dose.

I've learned so much now about progesterone, if u r on too little it raises ur estrogen b/c it will fight against ur progesterone but control. So u have to take quite a bit to keep ur estrogen in check. That's why I was having issues... I may still have to take even more but I'm going to give this a little time to c if this helps which I really feel this the culprit in my life for anxiety especially since I turned to benzos and they were the only thing tha ever helped me. No depression just anxiety.

Anywho, I'm so happy everyone is active on this thread!

Tiger l, so happy u check in! Happy ur back in the states and even happier uve lost some weight!

Keep my posted on ur progress!  How is ur dad doing?

Appreciate u all more than u could know!

Butterflyz, I'm sorry u have the flu! I know 2 weeks post remeron is the worst, that's why the tapering plan I had suggested would have helped with that.

Did u jump off 2mg or did u use the plan I had given u?

Either way congrats and u can and will do this... Try ur hardest not to take anymore! Or u will likely reinstate!

Dave- u rock as always, and I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate u!

Angel- u r soooo strong and thank u for posting ur successes... Morning axiety stinks, but might I suggest having food by ur bed to eat so that ur sugar levels don't also effect u with anxiety.

To everyone else cheers! :-) I love that our group is growing!

hi coralashley, has your sleep improved? i hope so  :)

laelani, what is new w/ you? how are you feeling?

angel?

t lil, butterflyz, you are thriving?

ah, just checking in everyone. wondering how everyone is doing. i had a pretty icky day. just felt sort of out of sorts overall. felt a little anxious, a little weepy, a little dizzy.

anyway, sending you all my best wishes. time for some rest.

-dave

Dave, thank you for sharing such a beautiful prayer! I also think that we're here to find joy in our lives even when times are hard. I'm sorry you're feeling low today... but hopefully tomorrow will be different! So much of this process involves just waiting symptoms out until they clear! I'm sending you lots of love and positivity  :smitten:

Coralashley, insomnia is unfortunately one of the hallmark remeron w/d symptoms and possibly one of the most disturbing. I've been there too! You're very brave to try hormones while on w/d, it must be hard to tell what's what! Please keep us posted on your progress and I really hope that you have a relatively painless last push. You're very close!  :thumbsup:  My dad fell and broke his arm recently, I guess that's just the nature of his illness... it's very hard for him but it's also hard for everyone around. But he's a strong man and is still active.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything right now as I've resumed grad school and my stepsons are here visiting. I've realized that when I'm exhausted I start having this horrible feeling of gloom and doom, but it tends to go away if I'm able to take a nap (and today I had a glorious 1 1/2 hour nap!).

I wish everyone a wonderful week,

Tiger Lily

hi coralashley, has your sleep improved? i hope so  :)

laelani, what is new w/ you? how are you feeling?

angel?

t lil, butterflyz, you are thriving?

ah, just checking in everyone. wondering how everyone is doing. i had a pretty icky day. just felt sort of out of sorts overall. felt a little anxious, a little weepy, a little dizzy.

anyway, sending you all my best wishes. time for some rest.

-dave

Hi Dave, and everyone,

So nice to hear from you:) I'm always happy when you write us to check in. It brings me a lot of comfort & reassurance when you do.

I'm also sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

I had a bad day today. I'm on the 16th day of my daily taper from Clonazapam, feeling okay but tired & out of sorts...worry a lot about my taper & what symptoms it may bring. And I get a little OCD about the whole process. You know, trying to find answers to calm my fears.

Well, today I saw my benzo wise doc , & he said I'm doing really well on my taper, but also said that Clonazapam is the hardest benzo to come off of. Gee thanks doc!!! That really sent me into a tailspin!

So then I worried all day about being on Clonazapam...& wondering if I'd be able to get off of it!!

That was the last thing I needed to hear! Oh & of course he said if it got bad at the end i could take phenobarbital! And if I'm depressed & anxious I could take an antidepressant. I told him I already take remeron & he said that it was nothing & I needed something stronger! I said no thank you! The last thing I want is something else to taper!!

Plus I've been having troubles at home with my husband. This has put a strain on my entire family...I feel bad but it's something I have to do. My family & my husband especially really need to understand.

I can't have stress in my life right now...I need to focus on the positives to make it through.

So that's about it!!

Anyway, wanted to ask if cutting down my mirta a little would be a good idea right now. I take 7.5...& I sleep but I sure am fatigued during the day. Do you think it's the mirtaz, or my taper, or stress?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks so much,

Love to you all,

Laelani