Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Coralashley and Butterflyz: Good luck with your taper and let us know how you get along

Dave: I sympathise with those inter-dose withdrawal symptoms and applaud you for doing this the 'right way' and being so positive. The thing is at what cost does the 'right way' come if you are suffering so much each time you drop doses. I know many people do it but I couldn't do it personally.

I also don't know if Coralashley's UK taper is the best way but it is a tried and tested one and one of several ways to get off in a reasonable time.  I think we all react so differently - I simply could not get off the Mirt without help. But perhaps you can drop by 1mg and see what happens and how you deal with it?  I don't think we can avoid suffering any way we choose to get off the drug but we can minimise it.  I am sure you will make the right decision and if the 10% is the best way for you and can bear it, you will be fine eventually.  I have faith in you.

Just woke up a short time ago - not too bad so far. Still under par, hand tremors, slightly raw nerves and stomach discomfort - like yesterday but am finding a positive attitude and keeping myself busy helps. I shall be pleased when I hit the 2 week mark as am a bit worried that more major  w/ds will hit me at about 7 to 8 days off.  But am grateful right now for any day I can get through without too much discomfort.

The Effexor is really on my mind but can't face thoughts of getting off that right now.

Stay strong everyone!

Angel xx

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand about ur reservations Dave! :-) do what's best for u!

Angle I'm glad u r doing well.

The UK tapering plan is tested and is the only safe way they've seen people get off of it with less side effects.

Butterflyz u go girl, I'm rooting on u and I know u can do it!

We r a strong family, all working towards the same goal... And with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit we will reach the finish goal!

Xoxo

hey butterflyz - yes, please let us know how you make out! keep checking in (i like your icon photo) and it's nice to have you on-board, especially at such a low dose. i think you'll be graduating soon  :)

coralashley, sorry you feel like crud! glad you feel you can vent here tho - definitely part of what all of this is about. be gentle w/ your system. remember, there really is going to be no true sign of how you will ultimately feel until the scripts are eliminated. and you'll get there. so a certain amount of cruddiness is to be expected.  ;) try to keep the chemistry changes as minimal as possible. it'll make it easy to sort what is making you feel what.

angel - oh angel? hellllo? how are you today. i know you are now off the remeron, so would like to hear how your day went. hopefully well!

laelani - how are you? keep the faith, you are on the right path. check in when you have a chance. strength be yours!  :thumbsup:

as for me, well - sleep has been kind of off the last few nights. perhaps it is the incremental waking of a toddler and an infant  ;) but no, for real, i have had some sleep issues - which is new for me. logging some hours, but not great. anxiety and depression levels have been higher last few days - especially the anxiety. no apparent reason, that is to say, i've made no changes. so, i'll hang tight @ 6.4mg remeron, 600 to 800mg of magnesium glycinate, 1tsp high quality fish oil, and eating as clean as possible. will keep you all in the loop-de-loop.

hey, smile - no seriously, raise the corners of your mouths ever so slightly, scrunch your noses, wiggle your toesies, and give a big old smile to your progress and courage and strength - and your future healed state of being.... soon.

-dave

Hi Dave and company,

Just checking in with you all. I'm always reading your posts & learning from them.

I have to be honest with you guys, I'm kinda fearing the whole getting off the mirtz

thing when it comes time for me to get off. I just started my Clonazepam taper today

so it's going to be a while before I'm able to taper mirtz. I did reduce to 7.5 without any

problem, but from what I'm seeing the problems start happening the lower you go in dose.

Am I right in saying that? Really hoping I don't have too much trouble reducing it & eventually

getting off of it for good. Is anyone using the dissolvable tabs? Those break apart so easily & crumble

so I'm not even sure what I amount I'm actually taking every night. It's just an estimation.

Anyway, good luck to all of you on your M tapers....I'll be checking in to see your progress, & to let you know how things are going with my Clonazepam taper. Wish me luck... Hoping to hit the finish line this time...also hoping my sxs won't be so bad.

Take care everyone:)

Through God all things are possible.

Hugs,

Laelani

Hi Laelani

I was using the soluble Mirtazapine.  In order to reduce I used a 15mg tablet, added 15ml water to dissolve it then drew out the quantity I needed eg 7.5 ml which equals 7.5 mg.  You need to buy an oral syringe from your pharmacy.  This is a more accurate way to measure.

Good luck with your K taper.  You'll be fine!  So many people have been before you and many will follow.

Hugs

Angel xx

Hi everyone!

I have some good news I'm on a new supplement that is working great so far for relieving anxiety. I'll give it a couple more days before I share what it is! :-) many others r having a positive experience from it too!

I stopped the progesterone and will wait on that stuff till later post benzo.

Butterflyz- how is the remeron taper coming along? Please post so we can c ur progress!

Dave- how r u? I hope u r feeling better!

Tiger L- how r u, updates please! Xoxo

Angel, how r u doing post remeron?

Sleepless- where the heck r u?

Laelina- how r u on ur benzo taper?

I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Hugs to u all!!!!

Hi Coralashley

I'm glad you found something to help with your anxiety.

Day 7 off the Remeron.  The first 6 days have not been very pleasant I'm afraid and am getting agitation, lots of shaking and insomnia.  Attitude is paramount otherwise I find myself sinking very quickly.

Will update in a while.

Dave are you okay?  You're very quiet.

Take care everyone!

Angel xx

Hi everyone!

I have some good news I'm on a new supplement that is working great so far for relieving anxiety. I'll give it a couple more days before I share what it is! :-) many others r having a positive experience from it too!

I stopped the progesterone and will wait on that stuff till later post benzo.

Butterflyz- how is the remeron taper coming along? Please post so we can c ur progress!

Dave- how r u? I hope u r feeling better!

Tiger L- how r u, updates please! Xoxo

Angel, how r u doing post remeron?

Sleepless- where the heck r u?

Laelina- how r u on ur benzo taper?

I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Hugs to u all!!!!

Hi Coralashley,

Thank you for asking about my k-pin taper...well today is day 5 of my daily titration taper of my morning dose & so far so good. Definitely notice I'm more tired though. Is that normal?

I'm so excited to hear about your new supplement. Sounds very promising & like it can possibly help us all with our withdrawals. Please let us know if it's working for you.

Angel, so sorry you're having such a struggle....but you're having a positive attitude & that's really important & that's key when it comes to getting off these meds.

To everyone else, hope you're all doing well & would love to hear how your're doing currently on your mirtz tapers....& life in general.

By the way, I love the support given to one another on this thread. It's like we're a team working & helping each other for the greater good:)

Love,

Laelani

Hi Laelani

I am glad your K taper is going well.

Yes, my end it is certainly challenging right now!  And I am supposed to travel on Saturday!  That should be fun!

Angel xx

Hi Angel,

I forgot to thank you for sending me info regarding how you take your solutab.....I've never really thought about dissolving it in water & taking it that way. I'm still just using a pill cutter & doing my best to cut it in half. I do appreciate the advise:)

I wanted to ask you why you think you're having such a hard time coming off Mirtz? Are you an exceptional case? Or is everyone affected in this way? Are you super sensitive to meds? I'm just trying to figure it out. I know everyone is different....some have an easier time coming off & some don't.

Of course my worried mind is already trying to anticipate what's to come for me!! It's the nature of the beast!!

Anyway, just wanted to know your thoughts on the subject.

Hope you're feeling much better by your travel date:)

Hugs,

Laelani

Sorry Laelani. I didn't mean to worry you.  I don't intend to post here again till I am thru' this difficult patch.  I think some withdrawals are to be expected and from what I have read the majority dont have a hard time. I have quite a complicated drug history plus I have cold- turkeyed Mirt in the past so that is maybe why things are a bit tricky right now.

I am sure I will be fine and it's just a matter of pushing through and being patient.

My advice to you would be to read as little of people's experiences online as we are all unique and the majority who don't write on here don't have problems coming off drugs.

The fact your K seems to be going smoothly indicates that perhaps you are in that group too.  I hope so.

Don't you worry!

Hugs

Angel xx

hi angel, coralashley, laelani  :)

just checking in for a moment to see how everyone is. i haven't had proximity to a computer for awhile, so just now exercising this keyboard.

i am ok! i feel largely stable.  nausea is all but gone, dizziness at a minimum, anxiety and depression gone most of the time, and minor when present. the joy of stabilizing at a dose. i wanted to say this - particularly for laelani's sake. i went on benzos for wicked anxiety. and one thing in recent years that i was not able to do was go to restaurants. i'd essentially have panic attacks. well while traveling the last few days, i was able to eat at and truly enjoy 4 restaurants w/ my family. on benzos, this was impossible. during withdrawal, impossible. post-withdrawal, POSSIBLE. this is truly a case where benzos were making things WORSE! so after the storm.... it all comes around.

angel, i wish you the best w/ your travels! proud of your perseverance - this is BIG BIG stuff you are doing. and if you feel worse-for-wear, of course this is to be expected to a degree. it will break - eventually. let us know how your travel goes!!!

coralashley, what else is new? so glad to see you in here again. methinks you are feeling better off the progesterone?

laelani - don't be afraid, or be afraid knowing that the fear is reactive to itself - that is, it builds itself up. and while their is inherent suffering in what we are doing here, there is an attainable goal at the finish line. and that is to be drug free and know that the issues of are lives are shared, common, and human. and that we don't necessarily need chemicals to fix these issues. but rather a degree of freshness in seeing what arises for us in each moment. your k taper is a big deal. this will be an achievement of your life - please look at it this way! not unlike running a marathon, graduating from a learning institution, becoming a parent, etc. - this will be a milestone! where YOU have taken control and pushed yourself to a freedom that will pay you back for the rest of your days. KEEP IT UP with confidence and lean on us if you need to! :)

we have a very positive, active, and compassionate group of benzo and/or remeron refugees here.  ;) thankful for all of you and your energies. let's keep moving each other onward. we will all be crossing the finish line in time.

my best,

dave

hi angel, coralashley, laelani  :)

just checking in for a moment to see how everyone is. i haven't had proximity to a computer for awhile, so just now exercising this keyboard.

i am ok! i feel largely stable.  nausea is all but gone, dizziness at a minimum, anxiety and depression gone most of the time, and minor when present. the joy of stabilizing at a dose. i wanted to say this - particularly for laelani's sake. i went on benzos for wicked anxiety. and one thing in recent years that i was not able to do was go to restaurants. i'd essentially have panic attacks. well while traveling the last few days, i was able to eat at and truly enjoy 4 restaurants w/ my family. on benzos, this was impossible. during withdrawal, impossible. post-withdrawal, POSSIBLE. this is truly a case where benzos were making things WORSE! so after the storm.... it all comes around.

angel, i wish you the best w/ your travels! proud of your perseverance - this is BIG BIG stuff you are doing. and if you feel worse-for-wear, of course this is to be expected to a degree. it will break - eventually. let us know how your travel goes!!!

coralashley, what else is new? so glad to see you in here again. methinks you are feeling better off the progesterone?

laelani - don't be afraid, or be afraid knowing that the fear is reactive to itself - that is, it builds itself up. and while their is inherent suffering in what we are doing here, there is an attainable goal at the finish line. and that is to be drug free and know that the issues of are lives are shared, common, and human. and that we don't necessarily need chemicals to fix these issues. but rather a degree of freshness in seeing what arises for us in each moment. your k taper is a big deal. this will be an achievement of your life - please look at it this way! not unlike running a marathon, graduating from a learning institution, becoming a parent, etc. - this will be a milestone! where YOU have taken control and pushed yourself to a freedom that will pay you back for the rest of your days. KEEP IT UP with confidence and lean on us if you need to! :)

we have a very positive, active, and compassionate group of benzo and/or remeron refugees here.  ;) thankful for all of you and your energies. let's keep moving each other onward. we will all be crossing the finish line in time.

my best,

dave

Dave,

I'm literally tearing up over your words right now. I do believe that about fear.....you know there are days when I'm fine & then all of a sudden I can be hit with fear. Not knowing what my k taper will bring. Kind of basing it solely on my failed ativan taper, which was really bad. I never want to go back to that place & I pray everyday that God will give me only what I can endure. I want to live, I want to be drug free, I want my life back more than you can ever imagine. So I hope & pray that I will make it through both of my tapers...& come out of them whole & sane. I have children that need me, & things I still want to do in life. Yes this will be a huge milestone in my life once it's all said & done, probably one of the biggest. So I thank you for your compassion, encouragement, love, & understanding of what I'm feeling. Your support is so genuinely appreciated.

Thank you so much:)

And I'm so happy you're feeling better & are able to do things you weren't able to do before.

You give me hope....

Hugs,

Laelani

Wow Dave and laelani, great stuff!

Laelani I too have little ones and I can say in may 2012 I thought I was loosing my mind b/c of the fast benzo taper I was put on... I was soo scared through this journey that'd I'd go back to that dark place... But I haven't and won't! It was the benzos and not me! So I know what fear is, I know how scary it is b/c I've lived it... But it does get better!!!!

U r doing this for u and ur kids, they won't remember this time but as they get older they will and by that time u will be benzo free!!!! U will become soooo strong through this and I applaud u for what u r doing! In 2010 The Lord spoke to my spirit and told me He wanted me off this medicine. I didn't know back then that the root of my anxiety was because of this medicine. But God is so awesome and He was right (of course He is) I needed to get off of the medicine and even though there are tough times it's nothing like what I was going through or went through before. :-)

Dave I am off the progesterone but I'm considering going back on it at some point and on a higher dose.

I hope to start my taper soon, but I'm hesitant because around the 25th of every month I have crazy hormone anxiety. So I may just wait this month out. Not sure but ill keep u posted.

I've even been considering taking a little more remeron which is a crazy idea.

Dave I'm glad you're feeling better and you're able to go out to dinner with your family, what an awesome achievement congratulations!

Wow!  Lots to catch up on.

Sorry that I have been MIA.  I've been very busy gearing up to go back to work (after 14 months off) and we've been spending a lot of time at the cottage.  R&R at the cottage is great for healing. 

The middle of July I got the results from my hormone testing and found out the my cortisol levels were much lower than they are supposed to be first thing in the morning (when they are supposed to be the highest).  My naturopath gave me a supplement called Adreset to try to give me a boost in the am.  All of my other hormone levels were in the normal range (just testosterone being at the low end). 

I think that things are starting to turn around for me.  I'm having more good nights than bad...I even logged 10 nights in a row of getting at least 4 hours of sleep per night.  This hasn't happened for me since last December when this whole mess started.  On my good nights, I am sleeping 7 + hours.  I'm finally starting to feel like myself.  Amazing what a little sleep will do.

I still have bad nights and days of course, but I'm trying to stay positive and that is helping to get me through.  Hopefully all of this continues as I go back to work in September...It will be hard to teach calculus after a zero sleep night!

Thinking of all of you of course on your various journeys!  2.5 months off of remeron and 5 months off of zoplicone and things are finally turning around!  Woohoo!  Hope that I haven't spoken too soon. ;) 

xo

Hi sleepless, so nice to hear from u!

So glad ur hormones came back good.... Let us know how ur suppliment for cortisol goes...

Have u lost any weight?

I'm so glad u r sleeping better and I know ur nerves will get at u right before going to back teaching,.,. But u will do great!

How long did u take a benzo? It doesn't really say on ur signature..

Hope to hear from u again soon a,

Xoxo

Hi Coralashley,

I've been on the cortisol supplement for about a month now and so far so good.  It definitely adds a little bounce in my step, especially after zero sleep nights.  I haven't lost any more weight, despite working out more now that I'm getting more rest.  I gained about 25 total on the remeron.  I've lost about 15lbs...but seem to have plateaued.  I think that being back at work should help this as there will be less opportunity to snack and I'll only be able to eat what I bring to work.  10 more pounds to go.  I tried on my work clothes to see what would fit and pretty much everything does...we'll work on the rest.  However, my feet grew when I was pregnant so half my extensive shoe collection does not fit!  Boo

I was only on Benzos for a couple of weeks.  However, I was taking zoplicone for 2 months straight, which I believe killed my ability to fall asleep on my own.  I was on the max dose and tapered over only 6 days.  My shrink (pill pusher) told me that zoplicone wasn't addictive so I didn't have to worry about it.  Full of S*#t.

xo

Hello,

I've been taking Remeron 7.5 mg for three days. Can I quit now without causing withdrawal symptoms? How long do you have to be on it before it causes withdrawal symptoms?

It is extremely unlikely that you have developed any dependency after just 3 days!

I took 22.5 mg/day for almost 3 years, and did a 2 week taper, with no WD sxs at all.

We all have different responses to meds, and I don't question that the BBs on this thread have had difficulties with remeron, but for most folks, its a very easy med to discontinue.

Welcome kotrj43! Yes 3 days is not a long time!

Hi baseball fan, long time no talk!

I'm guessing those that have a hard time weaning off remeron are very sensitive to meds! That's my educated guess!

Hope u all have a great weekend!

hi angel! what a nice little check-in of positivity  :) i hope your perseverance is indeed precipitating the success. i bet it is (or soon will)!

kotrj43 - i concur w/ the other buddies. doubtful that any dependence would take hold after such a short duration of use. one thing that i have seen used w/ remeron if you are skittish is taking it every other day - or as needed. it actually depends on what you are trying to gain from the remeron. if you are going for the anti-depressant qualities, you'll need consistent use over a couple weeks. for anxiety/sleep/appetite issues, the effects are quite palpable from the start. so i, were i in a position to make the decision in retrospect, would consider using as needed only. just a thought. and also remember a few other things. first of all, remeron withdrawal is not benzo withdrawal. i reckon some buddies might possibly compare it, but for me, remeron withdrawal is discomfort whereas benzo withdrawal was hell. and as with benzos, some people just walk away from them with little or no issues while others crash and burn. so it may not be an issue. no one can say in advance obviously.

how are everyone else? really cool to see sleepless check in - coralashley, how are you? laelani, still hanging in there?

my best all  :thumbsup:

dave

Hi Dave, things are better... thanks for asking and I'm glad to hear things are better for you too!

I have come to see that my hormones are silly... I mean they can really screw things up for me.. I keep a journal so right now I'm in a window of feeling good for 7 days and then the next 10 days before my period/girl-time is super rough!!!!  I'm not looking forward to the date 8.25-8.27.13... I am praying that this month won't be as bad as last month... b/c last month was horrific! 

I was having such bad symptoms that I didn't think I could work and do this job anymore. :-(

I felt so much internal anxiety that nothing I did would fix it.

I am on a new supplement that I said I would share with you all and it's call Neuro Endure.  It is new and it was originally made for those that take time release Antidepressants, it would help with anxiety, etc.. but they've found it has helped tremendously with people who have anxiety and anxiety from meds and coming off of them...

Here is a link to view for yourselves....

http://www.neurogeneticsolutions.com/neuro-endure.htm

http://www.theroadback.org/nutritionals.aspx

The owner of the program, Jim, told me and others to take just 1/4 of a pill every 5 hours (3x a day).. so in the am, mid-day, and pm... I believe it is working for me and I've managed to lose 2 pounds from it b/c it also helps to activate the JNk gene which is affected from the Anti-depressants which causes weight gain.  Plus I've found before I started taking this that I could gain 1-2 pounds quickly and now I'm holding my weight.  Which is a good sign!  I'll keep you all posted on that! 

I've tried lots of brands of Omega 3's and they just don't work for me right now, they rev things up for me and I cannot take them, no matter what kind they are. :-(

I've also ordered the JNK supplemenet and relax day.  Jim (owner of road back to recovery)has suggesetd that I take relax Day at night before bed and 1 JNK till I can increase those as well.

Anywho.. I wish you all a great day and please pray for me that my axiety later this month and early next (before and during my cycle) that I will feel better than ever!

I am 2 months post benzo and maybe that's why I had such a hard time late last month and earlier this month.  Acute withdrawls plus hormone issues, maybe.

I know i will be taking progesterone again, just want to be healed a little while longer, maybe 6 months post I'll try it again, but I'll be on more since I know I was not on enough!

If All goes well, early next month I will start the UK tapering plan. just want to make it through 1 more girl cycle.

Thanks, Cheers and I'll be thinking of you all!

Hi thanks for all your replies to my query. I continued with the Remeron and I feel that is has helped a ton. My anxiety and derealisation symptoms have decreased a ton and I haven't even taken the full 15 mg dose yet.

However, it has also been strange at times. For instance, I seem to get a wave of energy at random times during the day that almost feels like I'm high on something. Also, at night the Remeron knocks me out hard and I get extremely vivid dreams.

Has anybody had a similar experience to me?

Hi thanks for all your replies to my query. I continued with the Remeron and I feel that is has helped a ton. My anxiety and derealisation symptoms have decreased a ton and I haven't even taken the full 15 mg dose yet.

However, it has also been strange at times. For instance, I seem to get a wave of energy at random times during the day that almost feels like I'm high on something. Also, at night the Remeron knocks me out hard and I get extremely vivid dreams.

Has anybody had a similar experience to me?

Kotr,

How much are you taking as of now? When I first started taking it I started with 1/4 of a soluble pill, & worked my way to 15 mg. but that was too much for me. It gave me that rush of adrenaline & I didn't like it at all. So my doc cut me back to 2/3 of a dose then I cut my self back to just half a dose. 7.5 mg. When I first started taking it. I had really vivid dreams, but they've calmed down a lot since.

Does your doc want you on the full dose? And what benzo are you tapering? It would be great if you can make a signature line with all your current meds & tapering info.

I started taking remeron in June after a failed ativan taper. I had lost over 20 lbs because of it & couldn't sleep so my doc put on it & switched me over to klonopin for a new taper. I've definitely done well on it....I eat more but have only gained 2 lbs back. I don't crave carbs or sweets at all, just try & eat healthy.

Oh you mentioned something about it helping you with dr I think or dp? Can you explain that please?

Thanks so much & welcome to our little club:)

Hugs,

Laelani