• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [pr...]

• [Ho...]

• [ja...]

Remeron is the only antidepressant that does not seem to space me, or put me in a weird feeling. Just really tired I guess.

That being said, it seems to make my back hurt worse, more at higher doses, Ramcon1 tells me it doesn't, its in my head, and he may be right.  But, when I have increased the dose, the back seems to get worse.  But from the neck up, Remeron helps me without the fog of SSRIS.  It helped me get down to .5mg of Klonopin last year, now I am trying to get back down there, and think 15 of remeron consistently again for a while may help.  Nobody understand the back/gut aches I have.  I am wonder if its benzos, so still have hope Remeron can still help me in some way and the back ache is not related to 15 mg.  I took 15mg for 2 months before I ever started getting the back ache, just had the gut ache.  I would think a backache side effect would show up after a couple of weeks or so, but I don't know.  I would love to hear more information on low dose remeron.

God be with me and all of us, for I am scared and hurt terribly bad, its disturbing its so bad.  I want a future.  I am not as scared of Remeron as others, I have stopped it multiple times and started again.  Probably not a good thing to do either.

• 2 weeks later...

MD40,

I am mainly over on the Diazepam board, but I have been using Remeron off and on.  My latest dose was about 4 MG, and I slept about 5 to 7 hours.  Hard to put an exact number on it as I am up to use the bathroom a lot.  I have BPH.  I have used Remeron for about 8 months.  I have no problem starting and stopping.  Maybe I do  not use it enough to get hooked.  My pdoc put me Trazodone, as I was sleeping only 2 to 3 hours a night, and he was worried about no REM sleep.  Trazadone really knocked me for a loop.  I took it only one night, and knew it was not for me.  I have never taken more than 7.5 MGs of Remeron, as I was told that it had the best sleep effect at low doses. 

I would say it has helped me, and I seem to have no problem starting and stopping Remeron.  I may stop using it as a result of its histamine properties.  I plan to talk to my doc toady as I have an appointment on another issue.  The blocking of the histamine could be an issue with my BPH, but at 4 MGs I really doubt that it does.  Wish I knew for sure. 

Remeron does not seem to have any side effects for me.  As I mentioned I take a very low dose.  We are all different, and we need to keep that in mind.  I am one of the rare people who is allergic to Tetracycline, and can not take it at all, but I would never tell anyone not to use it, as in most cases it is a pretty safe drug. 

If I so stop taking it, it will be due to the histamine issue.  I function so much better and the pain is less if I can get 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  Remeron does that for me.

If you want a follow up you might want to PM me or go over to the Diazepam board.  Good luck with your sleep what ever you do.

Bob

[85...]
Remeron WILL knock you out and relive your anxiety but you will eat like a cow and be stuck in a weird trance for like 2-3 days lol. in my experience...I only take it occasionally when the axiety and insomnia gets so bad and it kinda changes my brain chemistry for a week or so and I dont get anxiety..I also gained like 15 lbs from it and i only take it like 3x a month :/