What is happening in your brain?

[pa...]

Thank you so much for this post!  Wow!  I am even more determined to get off this poison. 

Domestic Advisor

--------------------

Ativan since October 2013

.5 3x daily

Dec 2013 .25 3x dailly

hold due to severe digestive issues.

end of Feb 2014 started tapering off it again.

now March 12 on .25mg day

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much Parker for taking the time to write this extremely helpful explanation of waves. I feel understanding them makes everything a little easier. As a symptom appears now I say, I'm healing, it's wonderful to know that.

Thanks to pianogirl's for bringing Parker's excellent paper to my attention.

Benzobuddies is helping me so much. I am so grateful to you all.

I wonder why some of us have a much easier time than others.  I would really appreciate your insight. 

I had a working accident. The doctors prescribed me Benzos to shut me up. I wasn't depressed. My arm was about to be eaten by a huge machine. I didn't even have a post-traumatic anything. I was given Benzos because they didn't want to report the working accident. That was 2000.

In 2002, a doctor actually saw that my shoulder needed surgery from day 1 after the accident. By then, I was hooked on Benzos. At same stage, some of the delusional psychiatrists I had to visit (covered by health insurance) prescribed Alprazolam. And even I changed doctors, told them the story, just the last understood that I didn't belong there.

MEANING: We are all taking Benzos for different reasons. We are all different bodies, nervous systems, backgrounds, situations, likings, dislikings...

Maybe that's why we all have different side effects, symptoms, tapering schedules, experiences during withdrawal & healing process.

Hope you are doing fine!

I'm dizzy, but I'll cope with it. Yeah I Will, ;)

I wonder why some of us have a much easier time than others.  I would really appreciate your insight. 

I had a working accident. The doctors prescribed me Benzos to shut me up. I wasn't depressed. My arm was about to be eaten by a huge machine. I didn't even have a post-traumatic anything. I was given Benzos because they didn't want to report the working accident. That was 2000.

In 2002, a doctor actually saw that my shoulder needed surgery from day 1 after the accident. By then, I was hooked on Benzos. At same stage, some of the delusional psychiatrists I had to visit (covered by health insurance) prescribed Alprazolam. And even I changed doctors, told them the story, just the last understood that I didn't belong there.

MEANING: We are all taking Benzos for different reasons. We are all different bodies, nervous systems, backgrounds, situations, likings, dislikings...

Maybe that's why we all have different side effects, symptoms, tapering schedules, experiences during withdrawal & healing process.

Hope you are doing fine!

I'm dizzy, but I'll cope with it. Yeah I Will, ;)

hi glassofwater,

i love your avatar photo!

and i also wanted to say this (and i never ever say anything like this) you should sue that doctor who gave you benzo's to shut you up!! i swear to God i am one of the ones who takes full responsibility for my benzo use from all the very many doctor's who doiled them out to me (is that a word--doiled?) you know what mean? who just dispensed them as if they were Pez candies. anyway, that would really piss me off. just had to say this. :)

ok so if somebody is tapering off klonopin. no matter how much your head hurts, ive heard its rare for a seizure?

i would just keep tapering very slowly. i did a cold turkey from klonopin 2 years ago and my brain is still having horrible bashing down sensations and what seems to be explosions. probably glutamate storms making me so sick and feeling like i'm back in acute withdrawal again. God how i wish i tapered from this shit. and i do think it's probably a rare thing to have a seizure especially when tapering. i absolutely do know -- how i did not have another seizure. i had one in 1994 when i got off benzo's the first time. baffled at how i didn't have another one this time around.

Great Post! Thank you Piano girl for sharing this. While it is a complicated topic, this was worded in such a way that was a little easier for me to grasp. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Just a note: pianogirl didn't write the original post. She just posted it. I was written by a member named "Parker" who have vast knowledge and a wonderful kindness and way of expressing herself. I just wanted to let you know because she spent a great deal of time writing the original post. I'm sure pg wouldn't want to deceive anyone into thinking she wrote it.

Great post. Thanx! Gives a bit of perspective and confidence in dealing with symptoms. Wonderful for her to share her knowledge and pain. Brings up many questions for me to research.  Crazy symptoms= healing. Need to write that down and put it in my pocket before my mind tells me the opposite in 10 min.  :laugh: 

Is bit normal to feel zaps of electricity thru your hands and head? Makes my whole body feels weird. I've been having palpitations and extreme anxiety. I thought I was going to pass out and sie yesterda . Sometimes when I'm sleeping my legs jump right up off the bed.. Is all of this normal??? Can klonopin wd cause heart issue ?

I've been having zaps of electricity thru my hands and head. And also heart palpitation .. I was so dizzy and lightheaded yesterday I thought I was gonna pass out.. I'm wondering if this is all normal or if something more is going on. It just makes my anxiety extremely worse.  I'm on day 14 of my taper.

Thank you, Parker, for this.  I conducted emotional terrorism yesterday on my youngest son.  (His smuggness just set me off...)  I hope he can forgive me.  Hell, we all need to forgive each other...I copy and pasted it because I don't think any sort of explaination from me would hit the mark quite like this does.  Thanks, PG for reposting.

Thank you Piano girl for posting Parker's excellent post for us on here.

Really appreciate that you have done this.

Thanks!

Lib x

• 3 weeks later...
So grateful for this post explains akathesia that's been bugging me. Will it go away? And the amygdaloid is the fear center amygdaloid does what it does. Important that I'm off benzos. On Elavil 20 mg each night. Learned I can't tolerate VIT b12 injection or Progesterone - both made my heart race and gave me brain zaps.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this post. It's been a guiding light since I found it reminding me along the way it's going to be ok. The only way out is through. Thank you for this ♡.

[71...]

Thanks for writing this out in a very understandable way, Parker. Even with my cog fog I'm getting a clearer picture.

Any thoughts on depersonalization / derealization? I've been studying it for awhile and hoping to come up with some easy to understand reasons for it. Life is much less scarey when you understand stuff.

Can you comment on this device I just found on the web, Alpha-stim? It claims that by passing a weak electric current at a certain frequency, it can help brain recover faster and reduce withdraw symptoms. I used Ashton manual to withdraw the benzo and was clean for about three months but went back to diazepam because I could not handle the insomnia. I am doing the tapering again and I wish I had seen your post earlier and I might be able to handle the stress and resisted the temptation.

Can you comment on this device I just found on the web, Alpha-stim? It claims that by passing a weak electric current at a certain frequency, it can help brain recover faster and reduce withdraw symptoms. I used Ashton manual to withdraw the benzo and was clean for about three months but went back to diazepam because I could not handle the insomnia. I am doing the tapering again and I wish I had seen your post earlier and I might be able to handle the stress and resisted the temptation.

i would love to hear more about thie Alpha-stim device? i think sutff like that can be helpful for the brain. right now i am doing something like that with my own hands on 'healing centers' and i think it's helping a little.

• 2 weeks later...
My withdrawal from clonazepam started with performance anxiety while at work as a Dentist.  This led to an early retirement which I guess was ok because it only got worse after that.  The anxiety led to very unusual oral symptoms when my tongue would rub over my teeth and continued to progress to "giant" oral "illusions" in my tongue, lips, cheeks, palate that also radiated to my head, neck and back.  I was on 6 mg of clonazepam at the time down from a high at one time of 10 mg split from 6 mg at night and 2 mg twice daily.  I was also taking bupropion, fluvoxamine, and mirtazapine for depression and sleep.  I am now down to .75 mg of clonazepam and taking 600 mg gabapentin and 90 mg of mirtazapine for sleep.  I do not know if the gabapentin and mirtazapine are contributing to my oral symptoms ("illusions")  as about any medication that has an affect on the brain affects my oral symptoms  from alcohol to herbal supplements for tinnitus or sleep which I have tried and stopped.  I went from 6 mg to .75 mg of clonazepam in about 6 weeks and going from 1 mg to .75 was a big shock to my nervous system.  However, I am functioning as I am able to concentrate enough to write this reply.  I plan to continue my taper to 0 over the next 3-4 weeks.  As I have read and understand that reducing from the last 1 mg can the most difficult.  I then plan to try to reduce the mirtazapine and gabapentin at a rate I do not have an idea of at this point. I found your post to be very helpful in understanding what is going on and gives me hope that I am in recovery and not just in withdrawal.  If you have any response to this reply I would greatly appreciate any advise or encouragement.  Thanks again for your insightful post.