What is happening in your brain?

[pa...]

Thank you for putting into words what I am unable to.  God sent you here, BB, (I don't, can't and should not speak for Him) but, I believe He would be well pleased with you.  The love He has given to you, you have given it right back to so many others.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

The information posted was music to my ears, you are right every Doctor should have a copy of this. I have been trying to understand what is happening to me and after reading this post I feel not so downhearted because their is hope. Thankyou ;D

...taking an ssri during my taper and it was a disaster. but when i take a tramadol for pain....

RE: this combo- ssri & tramadol. I got a clinical depression when prescribed together. This is what got me started back on the pain and benzo meds.

I'd check with your doc or pharm. There is a warning about it which wasn't known when I was given them.

RE: the Parker info. Long read for a old addled mind. Has good science behind it though.

Hi Guys - 20 months off benzos and having BEAUTIFUL windows.  Hang in there.  It's a slow change over time. You can hardly tell the difference it's so slow - and then all of a sudden - wow.  My memory is back.  My "waves" now are just a dip in my day for a few hours - NOTHING like real waves.  And they are only about 1-2 times a week. It's all coming back. The vitamins helped me SO much.

Love you guys.

:)Parker

Yeaayy Parker.

I'm glad that you are back!

Me too. This week, I had a little wave, but it was so minor that I didn't even recognize it as a wave. I was just not jacked up on life like I had been. I was just a little blah.

But after benzo wd, I'll take that anytime.

You are right, healing and recovery is so slow sometimes that you don't even recognize it. It just creeps up on you and you realize that you are back.

So for those who are still suffering, hold on, you WILL get your life back, and you can be happy again.

I am living proof. I was absolutely certain that I would not survive my taper.  Not only did I survive, but I am happier than ever, and more optimistic about my future than ever.

River

I have posted a thread I hope compliments this amazing thread of information .....it is about neurotransmitters that are affected in w/d and the side effects that are specific to each one when they are high and low and what things to do for each neurotransmitter specifically...... as to heal one that is low may  actually increase the activity of another......    and vice versa  would love some input from all or you excellent research ]about them to add to what I have posted.....  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=83828.0

Hi alabamawerle,

thanks for posting this! Maybe you could start a new thread with this so more could see it.

One thing I've learned from all of this is that everything is so intrinsically related. We are like

fine-tuned machines and the added drug(s) component has caused havoc, but I know we are all healing.

Strangely, from having taken Paxil and later gone off c/t, my serotonin levels are too high.

Glad that was addressed in your post. I really thank you for that because most people don't get that.

Again, thanks so much for all of this. It helps.

Having a good day today? Hope so.

Best,

Ig

in general, I believe, other than during menses, my serotonin is high.........when I took a ssri I had terrible effects of too much serotonin and I was on a baby baby minimum dose possible, it was so low it was compounded and slow release and I still reacted terribly! it is so interesting! in my research it says that when tested more than 60 percent of depressed people(not in benzo w/d) are actually low in norepinephidrine instead of or as well as serotonin...perhaps that is why some people do so well on SNRI's. and also perhaps why when some people who are high in norepinephidrine do so terribly on things like Effexor a common SNRI.....which would jive with most people in w/d......it makes so much sense to me to use one neurotransmitter booster at a time not combo's like tricyclics, snri's and ADHD drugs that target norepinephrine and dopamine.....

Thank you, Piano Girl, for reposting Parker's "what is happening to your brain."  This has helped me immensely.  Words cannot express my appreciation.  I am 2 weeks Xanax free.  I did a fast taper.  This will help me get through what I face ahead.  I'm so glad I'm not facing this alone, too, even though I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

3 weeks and 4 days since I quit.  Life steadily kept improving until a few days ago. Rage, memory problems, aphasia, digestive, and body pains.  I am trying to visualize what is going on.  That worked for me until last week.  Is this just the brain freaking out because there is no more drug.?  My significant other is not happy.  Just when all seemed well,  just when life was getting back to love and understanding;  it started all over again.

So, is this just a bump in the road?

I need a pep talk, I think. 

Ignatius,

Hello,

So you too experienced w/d from Paxil (bad, wicked ride).  My Psychiatrist (after all was done) said that it should be taken off the market.  I don't mean to scare anyone who is going through w/d from Paxil or contemplating the discontinuation of it, as all these drugs have their own little unique version of HELL.  This site, BB, is just so reassuring, validating that 'all will be well'.  We need that..........each other.  Just time, time, time and constant reassurance.  Thanks everyone!

peace

eli

Hi eli,

yeah. Paxil. Nasty stuff. Ignorant docs should stop blithely writing Rxs for this toxin.

It's been a ride, getting off, but then I went c/t as I didn't know the ramifications.

I pitched the pills, so the water supply is a bit more toxic as a result.

Your doc sounds good.

Peace,

Ig

Alabamawerle, Hey, I am taking 150 mg tramadol every day. I am 19 and 1/2 mos. out from 1mg xanax for 9 mos. The Mayo Clinic started me on tramadol for nerve pain. I was taking xanax at that time, and did not know I was in tolerance from it. I am staying on tramadol until the xanax w/d is over. I would love to hear more about your tramadol dosage and experience. Thanks for your reply in advance!!!

Hi Guys - 20 months off benzos and having BEAUTIFUL windows.  Hang in there.  It's a slow change over time. You can hardly tell the difference it's so slow - and then all of a sudden - wow.  My memory is back.  My "waves" now are just a dip in my day for a few hours - NOTHING like real waves.  And they are only about 1-2 times a week. It's all coming back. The vitamins helped me SO much.

Love you guys.

:)Parker

Parker, thank you so much for all your helpful information. I have somehow missed exactly what vitamins you took that helped so much. Can you give this info again? Many many thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!!!!  This was great.  I printed it out so that I could give to others that I know are affected like this.  This made so much sense to me.  I do so much better when I understand what is happening to me.  Thank you so much for reposting this.  Even though I stopped taking ambien, I do drink a few times a week and now I wonder if that is just my body still trying to heal from 8 years of ambien and still going through withdrawal of some kind.  Maybe my brain is not done healing. 

I will use this information to further my recovery from all things that affect GABA.  I wondered why I still get wound up.

Where would scientific posts like this usually be?  I cannot even find anything like this on the internet!

DG

Wow!!!!!  This was great.  I printed it out so that I could give to others that I know are affected like this.  This made so much sense to me.  I do so much better when I understand what is happening to me.  Thank you so much for reposting this.  Even though I stopped taking ambien, I do drink a few times a week and now I wonder if that is just my body still trying to heal from 8 years of ambien and still going through withdrawal of some kind.  Maybe my brain is not done healing. 

I will use this information to further my recovery from all things that affect GABA.  I wondered why I still get wound up.

Where would scientific posts like this usually be?  I cannot even find anything like this on the internet!

DG

Hi Dg

It really is great information from Parker, it has helped so many members here. I would suggest to you that you redact any usernames from posts you copy, just to ensure the online privacy of the member in question. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Magrita

Have you read up on anything about post acute withdrawal sxs after stopping benzos of when they can start and how long they can last? That might help you understand more of what is going on.

This is fantastic - thanks for posting! Reminds me to go easier on myself and also encourage myself when I feel really low. My brain *is* working - trying to get back to where it should be, so to speak, right? After three and a half months I'm starting to be able to walk on a treadmill again, slowly, which is lovely because my brain gets flooded with endorphins for a while. Seriously, exercise makes a *huge* difference to the mental agony, even if that exercise is very mild. Just half an hour a day works for me. If you're able to balance and walk without adverse symptoms, it's worth a try, because the brain loves those endorphins ... :)

Piano Girl,

Thank you for this posting. It is encouraging to know that these awful horrible no good very bad symptoms will go away. I am in my 7th month off xanax and clonazapam that I took for 27 years. So my transmitters are fried. It has gotten better than the first 3 months but I am an impatient person. I want it to go away now. This early morning anxiety is bad, but lessons to general anxiety for the rest of the day.  I feel like I white knuckle it every day until I can go to bed and hope for a better tomorrow.  I just don't want to think this is how I will be spending the rest of my life. That is the dispair I feel at times. I am a new grandma and want to be active in this baby's life. Right now it is difficult to tell anyone how I am feeling and they really do not understand. I get that. That is why I am glad to have found this site, You do get it. Anyway thanks again.. Sue from Seattle

My primary care doc wanted to put me on paxil. She thought I was suffering PTSD from xanax withdrawal. Yikes. I said no. Still feel crappy and want this day to be over. Is it possible that I really do need meds the rest of my like or is this just desperation because I feel like this will never end??Thoughts???

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for posting this. It is very informative and inspirational. It makes me feel overwhelming confidence.  :)

I finally read this all the way through and I have a question...

Many people here, including me, complain of head pressure (tight rubber band around the head). Mine seems to be debilitating at times and is worse when I lay down to sleep. In your opinion, what would be causing this?

I had a horrible reaction to a just one time of taking Zoloft. I'm now having rage episodes and severe throbbing,burning, flushing headaches, agitation and the rage does not quit, I have it everyday for one month now. My question is, is this part of withrawl still? Or is there no more hope, is this permanent damage? I don't know why I now have rage everyday.my doctor wants to put me on abilify, don't know what to do afraid on getting more damage. Do you know why I have rage, what part of brain is damaged or injured? Please help,Im very close to put myself in hospital, thanks for your advice Mandy