Important Survey - Please Participate ×

WHAT TO EXPECT

[ad...]

Jane--

Remember, it takes time for your brain receptors to heal, so staying at a level for a week or two before cutting again may help keep your symptoms manageable.  Just a thought.  I know you want to be off of it, but going too fast is more difficult.

I'm glad to hear you are going to the clinic.  They can help you with whatever plan you choose.  Listen to your body.  You're obviously a strong person or you would not have made it this far.

Sending good thoughts your way--

emkbb

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jane,

I'm not tapering xanax but it would seem to me that your symptoms might increase a little due to the 2 days of use but they shouldn't stay for long.

[ad...]

I made a mistake and pushed myself back even more and felt very guilty. i took 3.5 for 2 days and 1.5 xanax yesterday...went to the er and asked what to do and she said the couple days wont do anything...my w/d is slowly kicking back in.. ::)

Hopefully its not worse :)

not sure I understand. You are now tapering off the Xanax after just having reinstated it a few days ago?

[ad...]
2 days ago sorry. and my doctor said if i wanna keep going with my cold turkey its ok the 2 days shouldnt set me back

I see now, so you're sticking with your CT off Valium.

Are you comfortable with the idea of CT recovery taking very long? I ask because it seems you reinstated this week because you couldn't take the effects. Is it possible that same feeling of unbearable symptoms might return and you would then go through the cycle of wondering whether to reinstate or not? I hope everything goes well for you. Everyone's got to make their own calls. Just saying, couple of days ago you felt helpless and now I think you feel very happy sticking with the CT, but there was some Xanax in between that could be muddying your evaluation of how you feel. If this method works for you, than that's terrific, I just hope the despair doesn't return. Slow and steady wins the race, is the sense I get from my ruminations about coming off.

I know Xanax and I think you'll be okay, Jane.  That was short use.  You're good at monitoring your symptoms.  We're here for you 24/7 so keep posting.  It would be great to get you through this.  Is the program still an option for you?

Challis

my w/d is kicking in bad! :(

What's going on, Jane? 

The Xanax probably just postponed your Valium c/t withdrawal...your symptoms from that are coming back.  Can you hold on?  Take it an hour at a time?

Challis  :mybuddy:

Trying to find all your threads and reassure you that we're all here and care about your well being, Jane.

No point in feeling guilt.  You are doing the very best you can.

Challis

[ad...]

yes i will hold on i have no other choice

i wont lie im scared especially after taking the xanax for 2 1/2 days

i dont think so...i need to go to a rehab probably

Have you called to check?  It would be such a great opportunity for you.  Kinder than rehab, I'd think.

Challis

yes i will hold on i have no other choice

i wont lie im scared especially after taking the xanax for 2 1/2 days

Don't be scared.  It's going to be okay. 

You're on pheno again, right?

Challis

Just asking...I thought your sig earlier said you were back on pheno.  I still think you're okay to stop the Xanax now.

Is it okay if I round up your new CT threads and put them together?  I'm having a hard time catching you in all these places... ::)

Challis

[ad...]
anyone know why i have progressively been getting sicker the past 3 days each day worse and worse physically?

[ad...]
a lot of GI issues, feeling like this is an acid trip, things just dont seem real, body stiffness, 17+lbs lost in 3 weeks, feeling like i have the flu, twitches, zaps, sensitive to sounds, audiotorial and visual hallucinations, general feelings like i am falling apart and dying...

I have felt most of those and they sound like they are all w/d related.  By the way, are you on any meds at the moment?  Have you stopped the Phenobarb?

Sincerely,

fg