• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Jane,

if you tell the hospital how depressed you are and if you are a danger to yourself, they do not have a choice they have to commit you.  If they commit you, they will put you on an antidepressant, and or an antipsychotic, and or a mood stabilizer. 

Before you go to the hospital think about what it is you want them to do. They cannot make the benzodiazepine withdrawal go away. There are no drugs that make the benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms go away.  If you are 80 percent, that's pretty good. If you are not suicidal, then why go to the hospital?  If you go to the hospital with a plan as to what it is you want them to do for you, that would be good. 

It is not too late for anything, if you want to get off the drugs you can, if you want to reinstate you can.  But what you have to do is make a decision.

Jane,

If you commit yourself to a mental hospital there may be a certain time frame within which you can ask to be released and they have to let you go ( I think it's 3 days...not sure).  After that time frame, they can keep you for as long as they want even if you want out.  If that happens, you are entitled to ask for a hearing to be released and a lawyer should be appointed to you, if you cannot afford one.

Once you are in there it can be very hard to get out.  If you are dangerously suicidal, you are doing the right thing but if it is just from Benzo withdrawal, you are much better at home like Wellness has posted.

One more thing,  knowing your legal rights is extremely important especially if you want to reject medication prescribed to you.  You don't have to take anything you don't want to take but they may try to force you by having your legal rights revoked.  You must be very careful, this is a huge, life-changing decision.

Newrain

[ec...]

jane please consider your options carefully

i hope what ever happens you make the right decision for you

big hugs

I understand why you're all letting Jane know her what could/might happen. However, I concerned she's going to become confused. If she feels she needs to go to the hospital then that's what she should do. Not everyone who goes to the ER with depression gets "committed". The odds are much more likely that they will have Jane stay for a 48 hour period to make sure she's stable then release her.

As I said, I understand you're all trying to help, but if she's made this decision and feels it's her best option, that's up to her to decide.

[12...]

sorry everyone and thank u for all the kind advice.

im going to carry out with my c/t its not too late and get into a county rehabilitation center

Jane, we dont know what will or wont happen. We never know about a lot of things. Ever wonder if you will  get hit by a meteor? I know that is silly, but you get my point?

Just be prepared for  the worst and hope for the best.

goood healing

[12...]

but i decided to follow through and be strong w/ the cold turkey. I used 3.5 mgs the other night 3.5 last night and 1.5 today but stopped 8 hours ago....my withdrawal sxs are back again but the doctor said that i didnt do it long enough to have to go and detox or taper off.

just letting everyone know whats going on with me.

im going to a free clinic in my county and seeing a psyc and hopefully getting into a long term rehab ( 1 yr or more )

I hope I dont get slammed with another w/d this stuff is way too crazy and addicting for me...it actually makes me do things i really regret and risk my life.

Thank u again for all the support!

Thanks for keeping us updated. You are strong and you can do this. Most important, I'm just happy to hear you're going to try to get the support you really need.

SG

Honestly I don't.  You have only taken 3 doses.  You might feel a little rough for a couple of days.  Keep your sweet self busy and don't loose that declicious sense of humor!

sky

[12...]
hey fg do u think a couple days of consistant xanax useage will set me back or put me in a worse w/d?

I wouldn't get on Xanax at all (it is a powerful benzo - similar to strength in Klonopin).  So I would definitely stay away from it.  Are you still on the Phenobarb?

fg

Hmmm...  I'm not sure how that would affect you.  I haven't been on Xanax before, so I'm not sure what to tell you.  You might call the doctor to see what he advices.  Also, perhaps some other buddies who have been on Xanax can chime in here and offer advice.

Sincerely,

fg

Try to hold on Jane, as Skyy said you might have an uptick in symptoms.  It should settle back down.  I'm so glad you have a plan, that should feel good.  Never feel bad about posting a lot, that is what we are here for.

pianogirl

yea i definately dont feel 100 percent better but its alot better than what i was putting myself through. i no longer feel insane or as if i may be stuck...so stabalizing takes a while? i get that... but its like i said a lot better than what i was putting myself through.

Hey Jane,

How are you doing? I notice in you sig it says you changed your mind yesterday regarding the updose after already doing it and stabilizing? What's the story?

RR