benzodiazepine = fluoride poisoning??

[rs...]

Spengler, I assume you are addressing me, since I bumped the thread.

I chose this thread because it was the closest to suiting my needs. It was more generic than some. I had a legitimate question. It seems a mute point now, since no one had an answer for me.

It seems within my right as a member here to bump any thread I choose. It cannot possibly be frivolous by comparison to some of the threads started hourly. I don't get annoyed enough to respond this way very often. In fact, this is the first time I've taken enough issue with a post to respond in kind.

I shall continue to bump any thread I deem appropriate and do not feel I need your approval.

Flip

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [rs...]

• [he...]

• [va...]

• [sp...]

I have read through this thread although i havent got the emotional energy to start reading the links and indepth info.

Thank you for the research. i am interested.

I have been drinking reverse osmosis water for years as Our water here is flouridated.

I use tap water to cook noodles in though.  Hmm

Carol

Flip - no offense was intended, my mistake - I parsed the previous messages out of order, and confused myself in the process about how the thread got bumped and where in the chain it happened.

Unless you swallowed a pretty ridiculous amount of the fluoride varnish, I don't think it can do anything to you at all. You consume a more significant amount of fluoride every day as a result of eating food and drinking water, because even if you go well out of your way to avoid products which have had fluoride added to them, it is present in the water supply in much of the world which means it shows up in most foods and beverages in some amount.

Ok, Spengler. Thank you for  the clarification.

I was exposed to great amounts of fluoride as a child. The ground water in West Texas has natural fluoridation, causing some skeletal and dental fluorosis, especially in pregnant women's unborn babies. My mother was too poor not to drink the water while carrying me.

I do appreciate your response.

Flip

Possibly to a lesser degree, I'm in the same boat -- I have obvious splotches on my teeth. Mine are from deliberately taking fluoride supplements when I was ~4-8 to compensate for a lack of fluoride in the water. However, I haven't had any problems with my teeth, compared to my older sister who didn't get the fluoride and definitely had a lot of problems as a result (a score of fillings, root canals, extractions, etc). So, I'll take my splotches to that problem, for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this in a book, highly relevant:

The fluorine atom is the darling of the manipulators of molecular structure in that it is a form of fake hydrogen. True, as an atomic lump on an aromatic ring it is a lot larger and a lot heavier, but it is a lump that doesn’t like to associate with anything else. It’s bonding with a ring carbon is the same sort of two-electron bond that the hydrogen atom makes, but it cannot be oxidized off in the same way. So, when a drug has a position of sensitivity to oxidation, and that oxidation is thought to be responsible for some particular pharmacological property, put a fluorine there and you will deny the drug that property. This was discussed in the section on DET where the metabolism attacks a 6-position hydrogen.