benzodiazepine = fluoride poisoning??

[rs...]

Hey rstud, I posted chemical info before on another board and no one was interested. I find it all interesting as do many here so that's great for those of us that want to know what are in these drugs. Thankyou for your helpful posts as well.  :)

Now, here is a link to some chemical companies that make benzos.

http://www.themedica.com/drug/central-nervous-system-drug/benzodiazepine.html

I emailed them and got "return to sender." I did however get to the Mylan website makers of alzaprolam. Xanax. Their Matrix Labs makes alazapram as it is their lab. I asked them "what is the derivative and drug intermediate in your benzodiazipine?"  I'm learning a bit of their lingo. Hopefully they will get back to me with a xanax recipe.

Here you can see they make xanax, remeron, celexa etc. (They have the name brands listed eg:citalopram=celexa, I just listed it here in generic as it's easier to recognize for some. eg: the mirtazapine listed there is "remeron". That kind of thing.)

http://www.matrixlabsindia.com/inside/cnsagents.asp

As it turns out, they also make a few fluoroquinolones. Cipro, levaquin etc. (Levoflaxin in their list is levaquin etc.) So I'll email and ask the same with that class of antibiotics since they were brought up by hmb.

http://www.matrixlabsindia.com/inside/productslist.asp

I don't think you're beating a dead horse. People are getting sick from these drugs. We're having "reactions." We know the "mechanism of action" for benzos. We don't know, which chemical people are reacting to that down regulate the GABA receptor for some and not for others. It's a logical question. What chemicals are in these drugs?

Let's see if we can get a clearer picture.

I met a brain injury doctor. I told him my experience. I said "a chemical for wood alcohol was used to make benzos." He answered like it somehow made it benign, "they would have buffered it a lot."

"So?" Is my thought. I got sick, it's now obvious "buffering" doesn't make it benign.

*(I can't believe what you found out about the dogs. Oh my gosh. That's terrible, no choice for the poor animal.)$$

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [rs...]

• [he...]

• [va...]

• [sp...]

Hi all,

Reporting what I've been reading, specifically detoxing fluoride. 

http://www.celluliteinvestigation.com/2011/10/fluoride-detox-prunes.html

Looks like prunes are the best food source to remove fluoride.  I looked into the borax, but people seem to have strong detox reactions and I generally want to stick with food if I have a choice.

Vancouvergirl, It's really interesting the research you are doing.  I'm happy to get this stuff out of my body and have my own brains and cns back to prime working condition.  Follow your impulse on this, it's sure to help all of us.

hb&m

VCG & HB&M, you are great!! thanks so much for the info. I'm a little leary of the borax since we use it here in Florida to keep cockroaches away but the prunes seem like they can only help with keeping the system clean and running smooth. rstud

After trying to get my head wrapped around fluoride in benzo's I'm getting a headache!! It seems fluorazepam is a classic benzodiazepine along with clonopin,diazepam etc. ( fluorazepam, wikipedia ) it seems the chemical make up of all benzos are made up of fluoride. But to what degree?? Fluoride binds to all elements except neon and helium. (gasses?) Imho I believe benzos contain small amounts of toxic sodium fluoride. If taken short term little if any harmful s/x. However if taken long term or w/ other drugs alcohol etc. may cause serious paws. it would be great to hear from a chemist or someone that knows more about this. It seems that post acute withdrawal s/x are the same as fluoride poisoning, fibromyalgia and sarin nerve agent.

So does this mean when you are prescribed a benzo for whatever reason you are getting slightly "poisoned"?. In my opinion I can see little benefit from taking a benzo unless short term or terminal illness.rstud

Hey Rstud, I haven't given up, but no one's gotten back to me yet. Why doesn't that surprise me? I'll send out more to different companies re:what's in your benzo (?) and hopefully someone will reply back.

Hey Rstud, I haven't given up, but no one's gotten back to me yet. Why doesn't that surprise me? I'll send out more to different companies re:what's in your benzo (?) and hopefully someone will reply back.

VCG, thanks for any info on this mind blowing subject. I had to take a break to regroup my thoughts on this. It is really hard to find an answer to this question. I did see in one of HBM posts about fluoride in water. Spring Hills, Tenn. is stopping all water fluoridation and will save $20,000 a year and many cities in the US are following suit. I also read that it is a myth that fluoride helps fight tooth decay and actually causes yellowing and pitted teeth. it makes sense because fluoride is an acid. Why would cities pay millions a year for a toxic industrial and nuclear waste bi-product?? I guess it goes back to the question "who benefits". rstud

• 2 weeks later...
Bump !!! just want to keep this alive because I really believe I am on to something with the fluoride in benzos. If everyone will take the time to read the link I posted when I started this thread it may shed some light on this. www.earthclinic.com ( fibromyalgia> cures> cause. The post acute withdrawal syndrome has the very same s/x as acute fluoride poisoning.Sodium fluoride is in most "rat poisons". rstud

Hi guys,

Nothing new to report, however I have been filling my mind with interesting facts about fluoride.  I started as you posted, rstud, with documentaryheaven.com searched "fluoride" watched a couple then moved on to Fluoride Action Network (lots of short informative videos!). 

This is best video I've seen so far along these veins is:  http://youtu.be/88pfVo3bZLY    Lots of good data on how we 'allowed' fluoride into our water and into our minds as a healthy thing.  Shocking really.  Nothing yet on benzos specifically, but the focus of Fluoride Action Network seems to mostly about getting it out of our drinking water.

Here's a link for reducing fluoride exposure, see sec. II http://www.fluoridealert.org/faqs.aspx#B1 

Fluoride is a drug, it is a neurotoxin, and it is in our water (even some bottled water) and our drugs.  I'm buying distilled water for now...

keeping the ball rolling  ;)

Hi guys,

Nothing new to report, however I have been filling my mind with interesting facts about fluoride.  I started as you posted, rstud, with documentaryheaven.com searched "fluoride" watched a couple then moved on to Fluoride Action Network (lots of short informative videos!). 

This is best video I've seen so far along these veins is:  http://youtu.be/88pfVo3bZLY    Lots of good data on how we 'allowed' fluoride into our water and into our minds as a healthy thing.  Shocking really.  Nothing yet on benzos specifically, but the focus of Fluoride Action Network seems to mostly about getting it out of our drinking water.

Here's a link for reducing fluoride exposure, see sec. II http://www.fluoridealert.org/faqs.aspx#B1 

Fluoride is a drug, it is a neurotoxin, and it is in our water (even some bottled water) and our drugs.  I'm buying distilled water for now...

keeping the ball rolling  ;)

HB&M, thanks so much for the links and the great new doc site (I love em") Did  u c The hard to swallow truth about fluoride? It says 25% of psyche drugs have fluoride in them. Don't know where they got the info. I just see how these drugs effect me and others. Thanks sooo much!!! rstud

JUST THE FACTS MOMMA!!!

Hey rstud,

Yes, I saw that bulletin in "the hard to swallow truth".

It would be great to see more explanation why this neurotoxin is prescribed to us.  More importantly for me now is how do I get it OUT of my brain?  ::)  Once I finish tapering benzos and Celexa.

At least the medication is pharmaceutical grade, you should see what they put in the water.  :o

HB&M,  Just been researching for detoxing, ( www.healthdiaries.com) cilantro cellation. Don't know much about it yet but can't hurt to look into it. Certain plants rid the body of heavy metals according to some oriental researchers,rstud

Thanks for that site, rstud.  packed with interesting info.

I heard of that vietnamese soup phenomenon this summer and have been using a similar cilantro pesto.  Coincidently, the reason was because of my jewelry work. I drilled a hundred holes into foreign coins without even thinking that I was breathing in those metals.  A health care worker was able to identify my nickel poisoning (not exclusively because of nickels).  I don't know if it worked, but it tastes great.

I'm able to eat the pesto, though some people find it intense during w/d.

If you are interested, I send the recipe I use.

hb&m

• 2 weeks later...

"Fluoride-based compounds in pharmaceuticals and chemicals are known to have deadly side-effects, yet vested interests in big business and government persist in poisoning the environment as well our minds and bodies. The report shows that there is a total of 21 fluorinated tranquilizing compounds plus an additional 58 brand-name major tranquilizers using a fluoride as an ingredient."

this is from a google search on fluoride poisoning from pharmaceuticals. fluoride has a systemic affect and builds up in the bones. fluoride from water, toothpaste and pesticide sprayed on raw foods builds in the system with toxic effects on the cns. there is one documented death from 4 grams of fluoride.there is 60 grams in a tube of toothpaste.

I have been researching this because so many people are going through horrible life threatening w/d from many drugs that poison the central nervous system. it is very difficult to find information about what chemicals in benzodiazepines cause this. imho it is Fluoride poisoning. sodium fluoride is in most all pesticides and rat poisons. it is just as toxic as lead and arsenic.  it is a toxic waste biproduct of the aluminum and nuclear weapons industry. it is a proven scientific fact that fluoride does not prevent tooth decay but causes fluorosis. the question now becomes WHY are we being given rat poison?

sodium fluoride was first used by Stalin in the gulags of Russia then Hitler to make the prisoners in concentration camps compliant and more manageable. are we being poisoned for this reason? since 9/11 sales of antipsychotics has risen 20%. our constitution and civil liberties are gone. genetic modified foods are now in 70% of grocery products and are not required to carry a label. gmos are untested and pose a grave health risk to humans animals (in feed) and the environment. they are toxic and have very little (if any) nutrition.

call me insane but WTF is going on here??? This poison I was given for sleep and muscle spasms has totally destroyed my health. I was given no warning of the dangers and my doctor "insisted i take it". since i have been in a battle for my life AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY!!!rstud

• 2 weeks later...

I am not convinced. I just checked some leaflets of my benzos. The ingredients are listed, the active ones and the others. No mention of fluoride.

It isn't really in the tablets is it?

Hi rpd,

I have not seen any evidence that fluoride is in benzodiazapines.  It is in celexa (and some other new SSRI's). 

I don't know. 

Since I've found out about benzo withdrawal, I'm questioning everything. 

There is interesting information in the links on this thread.

I am not convinced. I just checked some leaflets of my benzos. The ingredients are listed, the active ones and the others. No mention of fluoride.

It isn't really in the tablets is it?

I've done much research and it is very difficult to find what is really in a benzo. Chemists can easily make other compounds and call it what they want. My previous post was from a google search on fluoride in antipsychotics. Fluoride is used to bind to receptors in the brain. This tells me they are using it in most tranquilizers. I've researched fluoride poisoning and fibromyalgia symptoms and they are identical to benzo w/d symptoms. The antibiotic cipro is  fluoride based and has caused crippling effects on people using it after the anthrax attacks with identical s/x of benzo w/d. prozac is 90% fluoride.  I really don't believe anyone wants us to know we are being given rat poison I just know how i feel. Do you feel like you've been poisoned??? rstud

Rohypnol may be flouride. Wikipedia says

Flunitrazepam is classed as a nitro-benzodiazepine. It is the fluorinated methylamino derivative of nitrazepam.

Do you feel like you've been poisoned??? rstud

I don't know. I have this toothpaste which I am to take once a week if that counts ;). My dentist prescribed it and it has extra fluoride . It is only available in pharmacies. 

Rohypnol may be flouride. Wikipedia says

Flunitrazepam is classed as a nitro-benzodiazepine. It is the fluorinated methylamino derivative of nitrazepam.

Do you feel like you've been poisoned??? rstud

I don't know. I have this toothpaste which I am to take once a week if that counts ;). My dentist prescribed it and it has extra fluoride . It is only available in pharmacies.

rpd, from what I've read about fluoride in water and toothpaste is it does no good for prevention of cavities. On the back of toothpaste it says "if swallowed contact poison control". Don't swallow it and you will be fine. rstud

• 6 months later...

Bumping this excellent thread.

Wondering....

In April, after a dental cleaning, I let them talk me into a fluoride varnish. I've long been opposed to fluoride in toothpaste and water, but had a momentary lapse when they told me I had three areas of demineralization and that the varnish would "fix" that.

Since then, I've had symptoms of arthritis, especially in my hands. I'm just wondering if the two - fluoride varnish and arthritis - are related.

Did anyone have a similar experience?

Flip

Hi rstud:  Read my thread below here "except from a book written by a woman with fibromyalgia".  There is basically no difference between benzo w/d and fibro.  Hope you are well.  Kathy. 

Hi rstud:  Read my thread below here "except from a book written by a woman with fibromyalgia".  There is basically no difference between benzo w/d and fibro.  Hope you are well.  Kathy.

tfk, hey kathy I did read that post. I know it is identical to chronic fluoride poisoning. I guess there are a lot of neurological poisons, lead,mercury,etc. that can cause the same symptoms. Who knows what they put in benzos that make the unlucky few go through hell. I guess it doesn't really matter if it's fluoride, msg or chicken soup in the end. it would be nice to know what we are dealing with so maybe we could avoid it or treat it. I found that the msg thing is real. I posted a link msgtruth.com from an engineer in the food business that is a very good source of info. Check it out and tell me what you think. I hope your hip is better and you are healing ok, rstud

this is from L123 at 28 months out from restoril and klonopin,rstud

I also noticed symptoms increased from drinking fluoridated water so I drink only Dasani bottled water now (I found out reverse osmosis is the only treatment that gets the fluoride out). 

It is also important to emphasize that fluorinated drugs represent a different category of fluorine compounds (organofluorines) than the fluorine compounds (inorganic fluorides) used in dentistry and water fluoridation. It is unclear to what extent, if any, the fluorinated drugs listed here may increase the body burden of inorganic fluoride. This uncertainty is amplified by the lack of available data from the pharmaceutical companies.

It is the position of the FTRC that more research be undertaken to clarify the potential for organofluorine compounds to metabolize into inorganic fluoride in the body. FTRC’s concern is based on recent research showing that some fluorinated drugs (e.g., many anesthetics) may in fact increase the body’s burden of fluoride. It is imperative, therefore, that additional research be conducted to determine how many other organofluorine drugs, and which ones, result in increased inorganic fluoride exposure