• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [su...]

• [Be...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, some nausea this morning but not really adrenaline. It's incredible, I type something into the search function and I find posts with people who have had the exact same symptoms I have, I didn't even know they were klono related. Unbelievable.  :o

Well, some nausea this morning but not really adrenaline. It's incredible, I type something into the search function and I find posts with people who have had the exact same symptoms I have, I didn't even know they were klono related. Unbelievable.  :o

I am still amazed by the variety and occasional severity of symptoms benzo w/d causes.  I don't think I will ever understand why these drugs don't come with a black box warning.  Never mind; big pharma lobby.  I've answered my own question.

Hi sugarlilly,

I am still finding out that some of the symptoms I've had are caused by Klonopin.  It's amazing to me that a pill so small can be so dangerous.  Many of thought that since it was so small it couldn't have been very strong.  I thought I was on a low dose of Klonopin, that what the dr. said anyway, and it wasn't until I came here that I found out it was equivalent to 120mg of valium.  :idiot:

Doing good the last 2 days. Major trauma in my life too. Hopefully I can stay on this dose to stabilize. The short term memory loss is bad. My healer figured out the titration for me so if I need to use that I can. I also got a refill on my pills at a different pharmacy and they are different and much easier to cut. Hope you all are doing ok.

Thanks for letting everyone know you are doing well and for including a picture of your pretty self. I imagine that was a pre-w/d pic since you don't look gaunt at all. You'll get back there; don't worry about that.

I'm sorry about the major trauma, what ever it is and glad you have a healer who is working with you on this. I have no doubt at all that you will succeed. :thumbsup:

Ya, that was definitely pre-addiction and withdrawal. My best friend died and was possibly murdered. It's beyond shock right now.

How awful, sugarlily.

To have anyone you know suddenly die is so hard but your best friend...And murder is suspected?  I really can't even imagine how you feel now. Come back here and talk about if it would help you get through it.  I'm so sorry that you have lost a good friend. That is just so sad.  :'(

I'm sorry to hear this Sugar, what a horrible thing to go through.  I hope you get some answers for some closure.

Well, somehow, I don't know how, but I had a realllllly good time tonight. I went out with a gf and guess what, no social anxiety or panic attacks or anything. And that's a first in about 9 months. No adrenaline rush feeling this morning, no anxiety at all today. I thiiiiink, I hope, I might be stable with the dose I'm on. I forgot what it feels like to feel human again, well, as close as you can get for being on klono.

As far as my friend goes, the autopsy will be done Wednesday and it's been a rough ride. I was over at his house today while they were cleaning it out. Quite a few family members and close friends stand by our feeling that his death was no accident.

Well, somehow, I don't know how, but I had a realllllly good time tonight. I went out with a gf and guess what, no social anxiety or panic attacks or anything. And that's a first in about 9 months. No adrenaline rush feeling this morning, no anxiety at all today. I thiiiiink, I hope, I might be stable with the dose I'm on. I forgot what it feels like to feel human again, well, as close as you can get for being on klono.

That's the best news I've had in days!  I hope this is the beginning of a really HUGE window for you.  ;D

Looking back I see that eljay recommended you stabilize at .5mg a couple of weeks and that was on July 22.  It isn't an exact science so at this point it really is up to you and your healer.  Holding a few more days seems like a good idea to me, though.

Looking back I see that eljay recommended you stabilize at .5mg a couple of weeks and that was on July 22.  It isn't an exact science so at this point it really is up to you and your healer.  Holding a few more days seems like a good idea to me, though.

My healer thinks an extra week would be good so I'm going with that.

Side affect that I must complain about is the damn memory loss. It's horrible. I could not say one thing that I did a week ago. It takes me minutes to remember things I should recall in seconds and it feels like my brain can't multi-task. I can think about one thing at a time. Oy.

Memory loss is the 2nd reason I decided I had to stop taking benzos.  I had been chalking it up to age but I'm not that old.  Today I was asked the name of my GP and could not remember it and I tried for a while.  Tues. night I didn't remember that I had slept in the recliner on Monday night.  Sometimes I feel like the computer , "Hal", in the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" as Dave removes his "brain".  :o

Ok, so doing REALLY well. Well, medicated well. Whatever that is. But, no anxiety, no adrenaline rushes. Just thinking about the tapering and wondering how I'm going to taper off a 1/10 if I'm taking 3 .25 doses throughout the 24 hour day. A tenth off each dose? And also, my healer told me to get a beaker and showed me these on ebay, which one should I get? They all look the same to me. Any help appreciated, specifically if you could post the link to the one I need, less choice is much easier on my brain these days. Went to the lake over the weekend, nice to get my mind off my life.

http://stores.ebay.com/Scientific-Equipment-of-Houston_W0QQfrsrcZ1QQfsubZ2QQtZkm

Thank you :smitten:

That is great news about how you are feeling today.  I can't help but feel more hopeful when I get a window of feeling good - or not feeling bad - from time to time.  Eventually that window will stay open and the benzo experience will be behind you.

About the 10% cut: there's no need to try to shave 1/3 of a 10% cut off each dose.  I don't even know how that could be done without titrating.  As it is, you will be trying to cut about .075mg off a .5mg pill if you go with the 10%.  Quartering a .5mg pill gives you .125mg pieces and, even though this is a bit more than 10%, I think you will be okay cutting that amount.  If you want to try cutting it in half again and just cutting 1/8th of a pill, that's okay, too.  It's really not an exact science as you can see.  When I did my dry cutting, I took my first cut of my middle dose for the day but you can take it off any of your 3 doses.  Some people feel better taking most of their pills in the evening, others in the morning.  Whatever works for you is fine.

About the beaker: Colin makes out the titration schedules and I know he prefers to work with 100 ml containers that have 1 ml gradations. Those on ebay looked to have, at best, 5ml markings, which Colin can work with if necessary.  If  you want to go ahead with a 5ml marked beaker, I don't know any reason the cheapest one wouldn't do just fine: (but boy, do they hose you with the S & H!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRADUATED-BEAKERS-PMP-PLASTIC-CLEAR-100ML_W0QQitemZ360059714493QQihZ023QQcategoryZ100015QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

You are on your way!  :thumbsup:

You can start a thread in the Titration Tapers sub board so Colin will be sure to see it.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Ya, I'm going to have to titrate or go back to the doctor and get the .5 pills which as my healer said, it's probably not a good idea to alert my doctor about cutting my dose or that I might be addicted. I'm not really getting exactly .25 when I cut my pills either, it's too hard to get the exact amount. Ok so I'll have to buy that beaker, gosh that shipping is high. I think I'd be best off taking some off the 7am dose.

You can get a 100 ml beaker/cylinder with 1 ml markings online rather than ebay and might be cheaper.  Do you want me to look for a link or two?

Yaa, that would be awesome. I really thought that I could just cut the pills but I don't think it's going to happen and I want to make the tapering as painless as possible, so even 10% every 2 weeks instead of 1 week is fine with me. Now that I've been feeling good, I really can't stand the thought of going back to being scared and feeling crappy like I have the last 7 months. I can buy that pill crusher thing at Rite-Aid, will that crush the pill ok? And then the squeezer/dropper thing, I have no idea where to get.

A pill crusher will work fine and apparently the back of a spoon as well.  I believe the 10 ml syringe/dropper is available from your pharmacist. At least one person got theirs from their vet! 

I'm with you on minimizing the w/d symptoms.  Lots of people have reported not even noticing their reductions when titrating. Have you read the general titration instruction thread?  I think you know what's involved but just in case not:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.0

Here's one link to the kind of cylinder you need.  It's plastic but you can also get glass.  However, glass does have a tendency to break and you sure don't want to be cylinder-less in the midst of your taper.

http://www.sciencestuff.com/prod/L-g/1202-100

There are many others on this site.  The beakers seem to only come in 10ml gradations rather than 1 ml but you can poke around the main site and see what you can find. Also, I'm sure you could find other such sites by googling for the cylinders.

This is going to work for you.  :thumbsup: