Horrible Horrible Insomnia, any help please!!!

[Ti...]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ti...]

• [fi...]

• [li...]

• [ji...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[d2...]

I wish there was a center we all could go to to get care for this while we are going

through it. 

I have thought this VERY thing the entire time I was going through this. We're really just thrown to the wolves, per se, and expected to just sit at home and DEAL w/ this. It's sick and cruel and it leaves us feeling alone and helpless. Sad thing is, even in a center, there's NOTHING they can do for us. They got us into this situation and we are left to get ourselves out by coping at home as best we can. I am totally disgusted w/ the medical community and the pharm companies for allowing this sort of inhumane human torture to go on in the world and for turning and blind eye to what we have to endure.

Hang in there. You'll get through this. We all will. It just takes a TON of patience and self-will and determination to get to the other side of this nightmare.

((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

Hi Liberty,

It really is sadly.  You get so so desperate for help/relief.

Hi Lamberfn,

I so agree, this is so very cruel and inhumane to do to people.  This medication should be taken off the market.  Was thing in terms of a center, wish there was one that could help people like us get through this, no matter how long it took to help us get well again, but yeah sadly there isn't.  :-\  Couldn't be more with you on the disgusted thing sheesh.

Hanging in there best I can. As you said this is just going to take time, TONS of patients, self-will and determination.  It must be done.  So onwards I go.

Thank you, Hugs and healing to you as well. 

Tink

Tink,

I know exactly what you are talking about.  I went off of Paxil (not knowing that long-term use of benzos can cause insomnia) and it took me about 8 months or so to figure out what was going on.  No doctors seemed to be able to help.  I finally had to go back on my original dose of Paxil and I am now sleeping better (although it took quite some time for the benefits of Paxil to settle in).  My sleep is finally normalizing after 3 months of being on 30 mg. of Paxil and it has helped out with the tapering side effects of Klonopin (mainly the insomnia, depression and GI issues).  I am still recovering from the bad detox I had 9 months ago, but I have seen improvement since being back on Paxil.

At any rate, I hope you find the right combination for sleep.  Wishing you well.

fg

Hi FG,

Gosh I hope I find the right combination for me as well. 

I wish there was an AD that would help for me but,

so far no luck except for the Serouquel as you know,

and I really don't want to take that either. 

If I could just sleep at least 5 hours per night I'd be happy

with that, so I don't have to take anything.  I just don't

want to be on anything anymore it scares me.

Tink

I know exactly what you mean.  By the way, did you ever try Vistaril?  I can't remember if you said that antihistamines actually keep you awake (as they do for some people).  Like you, I don't want to be on any medicine.  In my case, however, I absolutely had to go back on an AD after months of insomnia and muscle weakness.  Perhaps I have had it worse than most people when it comes to benzos (at least regarding the Klonopin), so I had no choice but to go back on Paxil.  I am certainly glad I did, however, as I am sleeping much better now.

At any rate, best wishes ...

fg

I can't take it, it causes anxiety sadly.  Some antihistamines give me anxiety and some don't. 

It's weird. 

I'm sorry you have it bad, I do as well.  Really bad.

I've taken to pacing the house constantly from anxiety and am really OCD now,

which I never was, and the muscle ache and dry heaves sucks...  I wish I could

sleep more than two hours...  it's maddening.

I'm glad you sleep better now.  Wish I could find something to help that isn't

so scary to take.

Thank you, best wishes to you as well.

It's so easy to make mistakes if you are suffering from extreme insomnia.

Perhaps inevitable ?

Hang in there please your body will eventually want to sleep I know yu want to hear more..can yu walk around right now and take baths.

I am not sure if you tried that one yet..

God i agree with nic and this poisen how it is on the market.

Hope you can rest today, and sleep tonight

I really hope so

luv

mishi

Hi Tink22,

That's a tough situation.

On the long run people usually do best on as few medications as possible.

I don't know. If you are going to take something, wouldn't it be more helpful to deal with the insomnia rather than to focus on the anxiety ? Perhaps you'll be better able to deal with the anxiety if you sleep well ?

But that's my perspective. I have no anxiety issues, but I cannot tolerate insomnia.

Two hours a night, that's extreme insomnia.

Liberty I agree 2 hours a night is not enough...

I am having the insomnia also

Not knowing what to do

Sleeping the last 2 nights 3 hours and do not want to take meds

Not east for any of us.

take care hoping you sleep

luv

mishi

It's so easy to make mistakes if you are suffering from extreme insomnia.

Perhaps inevitable ?

Hang in there please your body will eventually want to sleep I know yu want to hear more..can yu walk around right now and take baths.

I am not sure if you tried that one yet..

God i agree with nic and this poisen how it is on the market.

Hope you can rest today, and sleep tonight

I really hope so

luv

mishi

Hi Mishi,

I can get up and walk around and take baths so that's good. 

Yes this stuff is definately poison! 

How long were you on the serouquel?  I've only been on it a few days,

at 25mg, and am tapering down.  I hope I can at least get back to the

few house of sleep I was at sheesh.  If I end up at none that would really

be a disaster!

Thank you so much for responding,

Tink

• 3 weeks later...
Tink I've been in the same boat as you. You need to be mentally strong to get through this. We have more strength than we know. Trust that the body can heal. Fish oil , b vitamins and GABA are my favorite supplements right now. All are good for the brain. Solgar is favorite brand . Also of note I am scared of Medicine. I did have a panic attack one night after taking the GABA . But it helped me other times . trust the strength of your body and be well

my last dose was .25 mg on sat night ( 3 days ago ) i took it along with lunesta. had a bad night with no sleep that night. slept well the next 2 nights. had aniety yesterday. today has been good. good willing it will continue ot be good. but prepared for minor flare ups. thanks for asking. i really should start a blog at home, if it turns out to be ongoing i will start a progress blog. love to everyone.

Hi FG,

It is nice that I can do those few things.  :)

Hi kns,

I'm not sure how new you are to BB but I just wanted to tell you of my expirences,

Please stay away from Lunesta and Ambien!  The are a "Z" drug and can really make things worse!  They work off of some of the same receptors that benzo's do and need to be avoided. The are essentially 1/2 benzo.  I took ambien when I first stopped Lorazepam because of extreme insomnia, not knowing a lot about it, and it sent me into horrible horrible withdrawals for which I now have to take a very low dose of Seroquel which is not good. 

There are a lot of other things that work off of Gaba receptors that should potentially be avoided as well such as OTC medications like Advil and Herbal suppliments like Melatonin, Valarien, passion flower, kava kava, Gaba etc..  Please look around on BB here and see what things are potentially good and bad.  Melatonin and Tryptophan also made things worse for me.

Most people entirely stay away from OTC and Herbal suppliments that work off the Gaba receptors, some expirament around to see what there body can handle.  I am choosing to stay away from most things because it make my withdrawals worse.

Sorry to go on and on, I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did and wind up in a worse way like me.

Love and Hugs,

Tink

Thanks Tink. I am lucky I had a good night last night. Lunesta was horrible. Bad taste in mouth and it barely did anything. I only took it for 2 days and dont plan to continue.

I agree that Advil , Kava, Valarien are bad. All are toxic to the system. If i take melatonin i try to keep it under 1mg. sometimes it helps other times not.

i'm taking a slew of vitamins (d 1000-2000iu, e 200 iu, carotene complex 5000) , b complex 50, fish oil (omega3,6,9) , evening primrose oil, choline and inositol. sometime later i will make a list of my my fav supplements. im gonna try trytophan during the day to increase my serotonin but did not yet.

magesium helps with tight muscles, i make sure to take very little (50mg) . solgar has a product magnesium + less calcium + b6; three pills are 400mg of magnesium. i take 1/4th a pill at a time and it really helps. too much will give me diarrhea and bad day/night in general.

Just make sure you don't take tryptophan with any other antidepressants or with 5-HTP.  Also, asthmatics should avoid trytophan entirely.

Wishing you well ...

fg

Just make sure you don't take tryptophan with any other antidepressants or with 5-HTP.  Also, asthmatics should avoid trytophan entirely.

Wishing you well ...

fg

Hi fg,

Was wondering why I can't take those with antidepressants?  I thank goodness don't have asthma.

Wishing you well also,

Tink