Vocal nodule 😭

[co...]

[co...]

Hello everyone,

I had a laryngoscopy done 7 days ago, and it showed that I have a vocal nodule on one side of my vocal fold. My doctors gave me medicine to reduce inflammation, and I've been taking it for 7 days along with complete vocal rest. However, my voice is still hoarse and strained.

I'm worried about the possibility of surgery because I'm currently recovering from a setback after being off benzos for 11 years. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for alternative medicine or treatments that could help with my condition.

Any advice or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for  your help.

[or...]

I believe from what I've read, I don't want to recommend some things I've come across.  I did see hydration, lots of water, and also steam helps heal.  I also read anti-inflammatory diet can relieve, like Turmeric and other foods.  This is just too deep for me to get into, but you can Google it as I mentioned before, do your home-work and then decide what you are willing to try.  A regular MD might recommend a dietician, but I found that they are still stuck on too high of carbs, and low-fat diets which never worked for me.

I like natural things, old home-remedies for my issues, and I do have quite a bit of mucus build-up and lose my voice for about the last 9 years.  It's getting better as I get off the benzo though, as are many things.  I use seasalt irrigation, and just gargling.  If we treat ourselves to healthy foods, and exercise, our bodies are miraculous in their ability to heal themselves. 

We have to have good "fuel" in the form of food, drink, and try to move our body every day in some type of exercise.  That's all I know from my own experience, Oregonlady

PS I do wish I could help you more but you really need to read up on these things yourself but I can recommend a low-carb diet do to my research and success with that, as well as the exercise I do.  Here's the place to talk about Alternative Health Remedies:  https://benzobuddies.org/forum/19-health-matters/  Otherwise, use Google and search terms like "Alternative Medicine" or "Home-remedies for Vocal Nodules"  Something like that.