Lorazepam tapper and Family

[De...]

[De...]

Hello I’m so happy to have found you all . I was cut off cold Turkey off lorazepam and being on for 7 years which put me through hell! I’m now in this last year able to get a doctor that is helping me to taper a Gods Send. I’m going through different things while tappering. But the worst I’ve had is that ive been home in bed the last year pretty much and last night I was up all night because I was having tremmers and muscle spasms in my hand and fingers it is difficult even typing this. It was so bad I started to go to the emergency room. But I’m terrified of them keeping me for some reason and screw up my tapper or not give me my lorazepam at all. I know this is a withdrawal symptom I know it is I’m just trying everything massage it hot pack cold packs. But my biggest issue that make me cry is . When I try and tell my family what I’m going through I’m 62 my son is 35. All he can say is You gotta get up you gotta go outside all the he just does not understand that tear's me up. Because all I can say to him is it’s not that easy. But it’s hard ive always been super mom there for everything and now I’m just a fat stuck in bed won’t drive or even walk outside I’ve gotten rid of my couple friends I had and don’t really want to even talk to anyone on the phone I heard someone say while I’m going through this I am not who I was . I am not the woman I used to be at all 100%. NOT ME. But trying to get people to understand I just stopped but last that I have are my sons 2 twins But they don’t understand all they can say is JUST DO IT. 
I would if I could click my heals and go back to who I was 7 years ago. Before I got put on lorazepam . BENZO BRAIN I KNOW THE SILENT EPIDEMIC. Our doctors are so easy to prescribe people they are so caring???? Wow I feel a little just getting that out the tears have stopped. But I’m going to make it through this . I just need a little help.  Thank you 🙏 

[Pa...]

Hello @[De...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m thankful you found a doctor willing to taper you, I quit cold turkey and know how brutal that is.  I’m sorry your family doesn’t understand, this is very common because no one can understand what we feel, what we go through unless they’ve experienced it too.  Many of us have lost friends and alienated family through this but we can’t let that deter us from doing what we need to do.  You can get through this and you can recover, try to keep hopeful.

We’re glad you found us, we’re interested in hearing what your dose is and how your taper is set up, we’re wiling to offer suggestions if you’d like.  Please make yourself and home, and again, welcome. 

@[Pa...]

[De...]

Thank you so much Pam I truly appreciate the love. So my question is what do you say to them? Uggggg. As of sept 2023 I was on 4 mg lorazepam a day which was my original dosage. As of today I’m on an im between im at 2.75 I try and do 2.50 on days I feel I can. I think I will hold during May is how I feel. And my doctor is so accommodating to how I FEEL. 
glad to be here plan on being here and not loosing HOPE BECAUSE I KNOW HOPE AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS UN ASKED FOR HELL IS HERE WITH HOPE. Thank you 

[De...]
Posted (edited)

Omg Feels So Good To Be Able to Speak To People That I Know You Know.

Edited by [De...]

[je...]

Hi @[De...]

I’m so sorry for everything you’re going through. Withdrawal can be a very isolating experience. Our families try their best but ultimately they don’t truly understand what we’re going through. Here is a link to an article about supporting your adult child through withdrawal  I know you are not the child in this instance but the principles are very valuable and similar. Maybe you can give this to family members to read or it will give guidance as to how to approach the subject. 

Something I personally found helpful was to speak to a therapist. It helped me to verbalise my pain and dump all my issues on her. Even though she didn’t fully understand withdrawal she gave me validation for my feelings. 

It is hard but it gets better. You’re going to be okay. 

• Like 2

[ba...]

Happy your on the right track. I know how family issues are trust me I got a 6 year old and I'm a stay at home dad. I can't put on that face for him but I try.

It's scary but I moved in with my parents which helps. It helps reading each other's stories. I put on a brave face for him. Wife and him went to a pool yesterday and I put on an act but I'm not the same.

I hope It all gets better for you I'm sure your son understands. Just knoe I am a wreck but these forums are helping.

lorazepam I was on it for a decade and it was magic. None of the other benzos worked. 

Then it stopped working and I scrambled and had to stick with clonazepam which worked but not with a buzz.

I don't know and I was on high doses like 8 mg at least daily almost and the walls closed.

Now during my taper which is hard as heck I can't eat a thing until before my morning dose or at bedtime so I often end up eating something and the clonazepam is gone.

It's hard working out especially cardio helps for sleep. Last night I did no cardio and I couldn't sleep and my mirtazipinr is out so I have to try.

Lol can't sleep as well ot the effects go. Ehat a tide but I feel 

I'm so sorry you are struggling! You are doing great and trying to be around for your child. This stuff is hard. The pains will stop and you will heal.

Cali :)