Ohh this isn’t good.

[th...]

Today is my first day water tapering per Angie Peacock. I don’t know numbers very well so the scale seemed too hard but I took out my 1ml today and I am having horrible interdose while in tolerance. Anyone?? 

[Re...]
2 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

Today is my first day water tapering per Angie Peacock. I don’t know numbers very well so the scale seemed too hard but I took out my 1ml today and I am having horrible interdose while in tolerance. Anyone?? 

Are you saying you think you took the incorrect dose? If you need help/support with the numbers I am sure someone here can step in to assist you who is very good at that.

Interdose withdrawal is tolerance. Even when you reinstate your body can get tolerant very quickly to the new dose. For some people, it happens days to weeks back on the benzo in reinstatement. I feel for you -- it is terrible. I went through it. Hang in there!

[th...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

Are you saying you think you took the incorrect dose? If you need help/support with the numbers I am sure someone here can step in to assist you who is very good at that.

Interdose withdrawal is tolerance. Even when you reinstate your body can get tolerant very quickly to the new dose. For some people, it happens days to weeks back on the benzo in reinstatement. I feel for you -- it is terrible. I went through it. Hang in there!

When I talked to her yesterday she asked if I ever tapered correctly. I have never. I have only taken pieces off my Xanax but never knew for sure. I told her I didn’t have a scale. I watched the video on the scale but I didn’t know how to shave it down (I have a glass nail file) but today with this water taper it has me f***** up. Dizzy, fear, dark thoughts and that is from the 1ml. She said I think it’s a 10% or something! I only had 30 minutes and paid 85 and she was driving while talking to me… but all I know is there is no way I can take away 2ml tomorrow. 

I have been in tolerance for literal yeaaaars. But when I reinstated after my 3 week wd, god the pills worked so beautifully for 3 weeks (with intense interdose) but damn not like this… like, I’m 99 pounds and today I can’t even eat. I’m so sick, feels like I have been on a boat and I’m sick, things are slightly moving lol. 

As possibly you can tell, I’m still in fear and panic mode while waiting for the time to dose and I’m scared. 

In my head all I have been saying today is “momma please help me.” And I don’t know why? It’s like I’m a scared kid and I’m 35. All day for some reason, I want my mom. 
I feel so foolish for admitting that.

@[PE...] @[Br...] @[Re...]

you guys have been the only people even saying anything to me and I’m just doing the usual wd fear thing. 

I wish life had a redo… 

• Like 1

[PE...]
8 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

When I talked to her yesterday she asked if I ever tapered correctly. I have never. I have only taken pieces off my Xanax but never knew for sure. I told her I didn’t have a scale. I watched the video on the scale but I didn’t know how to shave it down (I have a glass nail file) but today with this water taper it has me f***** up. Dizzy, fear, dark thoughts and that is from the 1ml. She said I think it’s a 10% or something! I only had 30 minutes and paid 85 and she was driving while talking to me… but all I know is there is no way I can take away 2ml tomorrow. 

I have been in tolerance for literal yeaaaars. But when I reinstated after my 3 week wd, god the pills worked so beautifully for 3 weeks (with intense interdose) but damn not like this… like, I’m 99 pounds and today I can’t even eat. I’m so sick, feels like I have been on a boat and I’m sick, things are slightly moving lol. 

As possibly you can tell, I’m still in fear and panic mode while waiting for the time to dose and I’m scared. 

In my head all I have been saying today is “momma please help me.” And I don’t know why? It’s like I’m a scared kid and I’m 35. All day for some reason, I want my mom. 
I feel so foolish for admitting that.

@[PE...] @[Br...] @[Re...]

you guys have been the only people even saying anything to me and I’m just doing the usual wd fear thing. 

I wish life had a redo… 

It sounds you are a little bit better at least. Right now I'm to tired to think or say something uplifting or clever.

Just want to say I'm reading your posts and hoping you will pull through ASAP. You're so funny and full of life..

Wish you a good day.:)))

[Br...]

Did the benzo coach give you any written instructions for how to proceed?  My hope is that she did.  A person undergoing stress as you have been needs the support of having clear guidance written down because it's so hard to absorb details when we aren't at our best cognitively.  

When you cross from a dry form of benzo to a liquid, it needs to be done gradually because the medication is absorbed somewhat differently.  Ideally you would transition from dry to liquid over a period of a couple of weeks.  In my opinion you need to adjust to the liquid form before you begin to taper.  

[th...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Did the benzo coach give you any written instructions for how to proceed?  My hope is that she did.  A person undergoing stress as you have been needs the support of having clear guidance written down because it's so hard to absorb details when we aren't at our best cognitively.  

When you cross from a dry form of benzo to a liquid, it needs to be done gradually because the medication is absorbed somewhat differently.  Ideally you would transition from dry to liquid over a period of a couple of weeks.  In my opinion you need to adjust to the liquid form before you begin to taper.  

I paid the last of my food money to talk to her and she just sent me a youtube video of a woman tapering. She sounded like she was kinda busy driving and the conversation was all over the place. 

I got 0 instructions and I didnt even have that money to spend on a 30 minute call for a youtube video. Plus xanax does NOT just shake up in to water like others. I crushed and crushed, put it in a blender bottle. I was told to start doing the water taper with my current dose but umm.

WV is a very poor state. We work hard, we farm. But small town rural towns would have to travel about 1 hour and 50 minutes to find a job outside of town for better money. Often times its two hours. 

The hospital we get sent to is in Charleston and that is over an hour away and we have had several emergencies where we had to drive that far because the ER sent us there.

We also have only 1 ambulance for 4 surrounding counties. I work in a small medical practice here in a ghost town. It is the only job that pays better than the rest but it still isnt liveable and I dont understand how that was worth 85.00. 

also @[PE...] dont worry man. you rest. Let me do my wd thing and also freak out because this water taper is baaaaaaaddddddddddd and will be for 300 days because you put 300 ml in a cup, crush up the pill, put it in and remove a an extra ml a day out.

If i am feeling like this after day one, how TF can I do this for 9 months. 

I understand I dont have a choice. I am having severe interdose withdrawals. I am watching the clock all day on when to dose because the slight effect only lasts two hours at most or at all and then immediate severe rebound for the rest of the time. I was shaking so bad a work after my other dose stopped working which was only an hour after taking it and for what I do, Stitching someone up isnt easy when your hands are shaking. lol 

• Like 1

[th...]
56 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I dont believe I took the wrong dose. I know the water was un even on my second drink during lunch from work. but it was my first time so maybe that is to be expexted. 

You went through it? Oh my god sis, It has taken so much from me including my first husband. 

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[t...] said:

I dont believe I took the wrong dose. I know the water was un even on my second drink during lunch from work. but it was my first time so maybe that is to be expexted. 

You went through it? Oh my god sis, It has taken so much from me including my first husband. 

Yes, I was in tolerance for six months before being ripped off of Ativan improperly in a medical detox. I suggest that you post in the tapering part of this website for help. Ask if someone can help you specifically with a dosing calendar.

[Bo...]

Ok beating benzos Facebook group will put written plan together for you, David runs it I believe and can detail it out if you give info.

afe you also dosing only once a day?! For sure you’re having terrible Xanax interdose withdrawal if only taking it once a day. Ideally you split your dose to 4-5 doses spread thru the day. 
surprised Angie didn’t mention this bc she’s normally all on top of this stuff. 

so I highly suggest going into the taper thread of this board and speaking to @[Li...] bc she’s so knowledgeable moderator and also maybe getting David’s feedback on beating benzos group if kibertas thinks getting a word document of your steps is helpful. 

sending hugs and please know you’ll get sorted soon. The biggest thing is you can’t dose Xanax once a day. Half life is so short you are clearing your body before next dose abd perpetually in withdrawal. Once a day doesn’t work for long fir Xanax and Ativan. And sure as heck doesn’t work to taper. 
(unless someone is a very poor/slow metabolizer and duesbt cjear the med normally but even then not sure if those people still do a split dose.

hugs

Edited by [Bo...]

[Co...]

Hi all,

I'm moving this topic to the Taper forum, where it might receive better/more feedback (to be clear, this is not me disparaging all your great efforts to help and provide support to @[th...]).

I will read through this topic a little later and see if I too can help.

[th...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Ok beating benzos Facebook group will put written plan together for you, David runs it I believe and can detail it out if you give info.

afe you also dosing only once a day?! For sure you’re having terrible Xanax interdose withdrawal if only taking it once a day. Ideally you split your dose to 4-5 doses spread thru the day. 
surprised Angie didn’t mention this bc she’s normally all on top of this stuff. 

so I highly suggest going into the taper thread of this board and speaking to @[Li...] bc she’s so knowledgeable moderator and also maybe getting David’s feedback on beating benzos group if kibertas thinks getting a word document of your steps is helpful. 

sending hugs and please know you’ll get sorted soon. The biggest thing is you can’t dose Xanax once a day. Half life is so short you are clearing your body before next dose abd perpetually in withdrawal. Once a day doesn’t work for long fir Xanax and Ativan. And sure as heck doesn’t work to taper. 
(unless someone is a very poor/slow metabolizer and duesbt cjear the med normally but even then not sure if those people still do a split dose.

hugs

I dose at 7 am .5 2pm .5 and 8 1mg

[th...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Hi all,

I'm moving this topic to the Taper forum, where it might receive better/more feedback (to be clear, this is not me disparaging all your great efforts to help and provide support to @[th...]).

I will read through this topic a little later and see if I too can help.

I don’t know what else do to. It’s like I’m in acute while taking. I’m only taking the 1ml out today but I have been up since 2 am. Please someone find someone because I can’t do another 85.00 and I feel like I was burned by that appointment. 

[th...]

I asked her if I should switch to Valium since after an hour or two of taking my dose I’m back into wd and she advised against it and said it’s a 50/50 it works sometimes and then it doesn’t. Received a video about water tapering and scale tapering and that was it. 

[Co...]

Hello @[th...]

I read through this thread and your History (skimmed a bit, truth be told). If I understand correctly, you are attempting to taper off 1mg Xanax using water titration. And you are creating 300ml of liquid and removing 1ml per day - yes?

As you surmise, water is not a good medium for titration. You might instead consider using scales; or asking your pharmacist about using a commercial, across-the-counter suspension agent; or asking your doctor for a prescription for liquid Xanax. The prescription should be the most reliable, but I do not know how much it will cost (other members from the US might be able to advise you).

If you fail to gett the liquid Xanax prescription, with a little care, using the suspension agent should work well. And with more care again, using scales should work too.

Frankly, I think 'coaches' should NOT provide advice about tapers, switching meds, creating liquids or any of this. This does not apply at BB of course - a place where peers discuss options, share ideas, and help you to help yourself. Whereas, when you pay someone to provide such feedback, it becomes '(medical) advice' and there are extra responsibilities (and expectations from the one in receipt of the advice). I understand your frustration. But I suggest that you use a regular, qualified counsellor to help you emotionally, peers to discuss options, and doctors for medical advice.

As for paradoxical effects: do you feel worse 30 minutes - 2 hours after taking your dose? This would be indicative of suffering paradoxical effects.

If I understand correctly, you have just started a liquid taper, discarding 1ml from 300ml, leaving a liquid dose of 299ml. Although there is every chance that the Xanax in the liquid is poorly distributed, there is little chance that the removal of 1ml of the liquid will have much effect on the actual dose. For this to occur, a huge concentration of the Xanax pill would need to be concentrated within 1ml - this is way beyond unlikely. (It is a different matter if discarding of a large proportion of the liquid.) It is more likely that you discarded 1ml of water containing way Xanax than it should, so you are, essentially, taking a whole pill.

Making up a liquid might well result in the Xanax being absorbed less gradually, hitting you more over a shorter period. If you are suffering from paradoxical effects, this might well explain why you feel worse since you started your water titration.

If I have understood correctly and you are feeling worse since you started titration, I would suggest that you stop titration now and return to you regular pill.

Please answer the parts in bold, above.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[th...]
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[th...]

I read through this thread and your History (skimmed a bit, truth be told). If I understand correctly, you are attempting to taper off 1mg Xanax using water titration. And you are creating 300ml of liquid and removing 1ml per day - yes?

As you surmise, water is not a good medium for titration. You might instead consider using scales; or asking your pharmacist about using a commercial, across-the-counter suspension agent; or asking your doctor for a prescription for liquid Xanax. The prescription should be the most reliable, but I do not know how much it will cost (other members from the US might be able to advise you).

If you fail to gett the liquid Xanax prescription, with a little care, using the suspension agent should work well. And with more care again, using scales should work too.

Frankly, I think 'coaches' should NOT provide advice about tapers, switching meds, creating liquids or any of this. This does not apply at BB of course - a place where peers discuss options, share ideas, and help you to help yourself. Whereas, when you pay someone to provide such feedback, it becomes '(medical) advice' and there are extra responsibilities (and expectations from the one in receipt of the advice). I understand your frustration. But I suggest that you use a regular, qualified counsellor to help you emotionally, peers to discuss options, and doctors for medical advice.

As for paradoxical effects: do you feel worse 30 minutes - 2 hours after taking your dose? This would be indicative of suffering paradoxical effects.

If I understand correctly, you have just started a liquid taper, discarding 1ml from 300ml, leaving a liquid dose of 299ml. Although there is every chance that the Xanax in the liquid is poorly distributed, there is little chance that the removal of 1ml of the liquid will have much effect on the actual dose. For this to occur, a huge concentration of the Xanax pill would need to be concentrated within 1ml - this is way beyond unlikely. (It is a different matter if discarding of a large proportion of the liquid.) It is more likely that you discarded 1ml of water containing way Xanax than it should, so you are, essentially, taking a whole pill.

Making up a liquid might well result in the Xanax being absorbed less gradually, hitting you more over a shorter period. If you are suffering from paradoxical effects, this might well explain why you feel worse since you started your water titration.

If I have understood correctly and you are feeling worse since you started titration, I would suggest that you stop titration now and return to you regular pill.

2 mg Xanax. .5 am .5 mid day, 1mg at night. 
300ml, two containers. Crush it, put it in, shake it and then divide the .5 into two containers leaving the 1mg in a bigger one for night. 1ml taken out per day. I can’t do 2ml today because I feel terrible. 

im getting no relief from the .5 and yes, they are only lasting a short time now with bad rebound. 

Edited by [th...]

[th...]
29 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

2 mg Xanax. .5 am .5 mid day, 1mg at night. 
300ml, two containers. Crush it, put it in, shake it and then divide the .5 into two containers leaving the 1mg in a bigger one for night. 1ml taken out per day. I can’t do 2ml today because I feel terrible. 

im getting no relief from the .5 and yes, they are only lasting a short time now with bad rebound. 

Should I switch to something else to taper off of? I can’t do the paradoxical effects for 9 months while cutting and then to straight wd from the end of the taper. My body will not handle it. 
mom trying to sell my home in order to move in my moms yard to be close. 
I can’t lose my job and I can’t be homeless. 

[or...]

Hello @[th...]

I'm with this from @[Co...] and it's probably what I would do in your situation @[th...].  I need something I can count on (no pun intended) and that has turned out to be a nice, solid tablet and a scale.  It took practice but I've managed to get through half-way of my micro-taper (which I can't recommend more) of Clonazepam.  Mine has a very long half-life so only have to take it once a day, that's for me anyway.

Also, I had a bad-ass tremor so it was rather comical to see myself trying to cut off my dose (shave) every morning, but I like entertaining myself so it's worked out, oregonlady ~ Denise :hug:PS my scale is under 20$ and has worked for me. Do you taper and then hold your dose? That's been really important for me to learn ;) PSS I started out snapping my tablets with fingernails, learned real fast, weighing works best for me.  We'll help you learn all that, peers will be your salvation if you are anything like me, :) others who have experienced benzos themselves.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

[or...]
11 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

Should I switch to something else to taper off of? I can’t do the paradoxical effects for 9 months while cutting and then to straight wd from the end of the taper. My body will not handle it. 
mom trying to sell my home in order to move in my moms yard to be close. 
I can’t lose my job and I can’t be homeless. 

There will be some answers for you from others who have switched to longer half-life benzos.  I can't say as I've not had to switch.  Just stick with us though, someone will know, oregonlady~Denise :hug:

• Love 1

[th...]

I made a doctors appointment today at 3:00pm and I need answers as to what meds to help this. Can’t eat, heart rate stays 145 and it’s only day 2 of water taper with 1ml taken out 

[Co...]

And about 'paradoxical effects'. Do you feel worse (rather than better) a short time after you take a dose? And has this become worse since you switch to water titration?

[th...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

And about 'paradoxical effects'. Do you feel worse (rather than better) a short time after you take a dose? And has this become worse since you switch to water titration?

It started a couple of days before the water taper. I noticed the effects was weaker and way shorter. Usually the 1mg is a reprieve. Until I took it and I still had anxiety and started waking up at 2 am. 
Since the water titration I’m much worse. 

[th...]

I have suffered crippling depression since the wd 3 weeks ago. Now it is way worse. 
doc appointment today. Please give me something that I can ask her for. This is bad 

[Co...]
11 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

It started a couple of days before the water taper. I noticed the effects was weaker and way shorter. Usually the 1mg is a reprieve. Until I took it and I still had anxiety and started waking up at 2 am. 
Since the water titration I’m much worse. 

Ah. That's not paradoxical effects. A paradoxical effect is one which is opposite the intended effect of the medication. And such paradoxical effects occur/worsen a short time ofter the dose, when blood levels of the medication rise.

You appear to be suffering more from interdose effects, where you are suffering from heightened withdrawal effects before your next dose. The fact that you suffer less when you take your larger 1mg dose at night is indicative of this too.

This is better news. When suffering from paradoxical effects, the only viable solution is to withdraw as quickly as practicable (while remaining safe). To be clear, this does not appear to describe your situation.