Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ohh this isn’t good.

[th...]
Posted (edited)

@[Co...] I would rather have the Diaz but I have a marker on my gene site saying I would require a lower dose due to serum levels so I should not ask her that? 

as you can tell I have no idea what I’m doing 

Edited by [th...]

[Co...]
27 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

@[Co...] I would rather have the Diaz but I have a marker on my gene site saying I would require a lower dose due to serum levels so I should not ask her that? 

as you can tell I have no idea what I’m doing 

Some people metabolise benzodiazepines more slowly than others. This has some effect upon accumulation of benzos with shorter half-life values, but much greater effects upon benzodiazepines with much longer half-life values. So - if I understand your gene testing correctly, and if the gene screening is legitimate (I have no way to properly judge this) - you would require less Valium to achieve similar blood levels to an average person. This is the plain-reading interpretation of what you wrote above.

So, you would substitute for a conservative amount of Valium to replace Xanax. You should talk with you your doctor (or nurse practitioner) about this. Certainly a lot less than Ashton's equivalency tables would normally suggest (about 20mg valium to 1mg Xanax). Maybe, 5mg Valium, maybe. Of course, I am guessing.

You also should be aware that Valium is slow to accumulate (and, perhaps, particularly slow in you). So, give it time - it might take a good few weeks for a substitution to begin to take full effect.

[Co...]
38 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

I don’t know how to cross taper and I know she won’t either 

@[Co...] but also I just read it is harder to come off of than Xanax during wds? 

We can help you devise a plan which makes sense for a given substation number. It just about gradually reducing one, and increasing the other to compensate. It only seems complicated because of your present benzo-impaired state. Do not worry about it.

[th...]

I’m scared. None of this seems like a good idea. Klonopin Diaz… 

I think I’m just screwed 

[th...]

I read that klonopins are harder and people who have been long term Xanax users have problems and it’s harder to get off. I don’t know if I can do a low dose diazepam. I don’t know what I’m doing and I can’t think straight. 
mom sitting in the doctors office now and I still don’t know wtf to say or do. I’m scared both ways @[Co...]

[Co...]

@[th...]

If you metabolise Valium much more slowly than most people, a given dose for you would be equivalent to a much higher dose in most people. This is because the more slowly you metabilise the medication (the longer the half-life in you), the greater the accumulation for a given dose. For example, if you need 5mg Valium to as someone else who needs 10mgs to achieve similar serum levels, you are not being underdosed. You just need less for a similar result.

[Co...]
22 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

Wouldn’t that make it harder to taper? @[Co...]

A longer half-life benzodiazepine is often easier to taper. And it generally protects against interdose withdrawal effects.

[th...]
20 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

A longer half-life benzodiazepine is often easier to taper. And it generally protects against interdose withdrawal effects.

She didn’t feel comfortable giving me a longer acting one because she doesn’t know how to cross taper and she knows nothing about benzo. Said that she will have to research prior. Gave me propanol. 

[Li...]

@[th...]

It sounds to me like a reasonable immediate goal for you might be to get as stable as you can on your current dose. 

Am I understanding correctly from your History that your current prescription is for 1mg Xanax 3 times a day?  And you have reinstated to that?

If so, what are your thoughts about splitting your 1mg tablets in half and dosing 6 times a day (i.e. every 4 hours) to see if that helps with the interdose withdrawal?

[th...]
7 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[th...]

It sounds to me like a reasonable immediate goal for you might be to get as stable as you can on your current dose. 

Am I understanding correctly from your History that your current prescription is for 1mg Xanax 3 times a day?  And you have reinstated to that?

If so, what are your thoughts about splitting your 1mg tablets in half and dosing 6 times a day (i.e. every 4 hours) to see if that helps with the interdose withdrawal?

I take .5 am .5 mid day and 1mg at night. Was doing good on reinstatement, then four nights ago it decided to not really work and give me terrible wds between.

i have done water taper for two days only removing the 1ml. I think I should stop that. 

[th...]
12 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

I take .5 am .5 mid day and 1mg at night. Was doing good on reinstatement, then four nights ago it decided to not really work and give me terrible wds between.

i have done water taper for two days only removing the 1ml. I think I should stop that. 

if I stop the two day water taper that I only removed 1ml out of mess me up too, because everything seems to be a bad idea here recently

[Co...]
4 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

if I stop the two day water taper that I only removed 1ml out of mess me up too, because everything seems to be a bad idea here recently

The reversal of your two-day water taper surely will have no noticeable (negative) effects. And you might find that your pills affect you a little more gradually. Which, given what you have written, is probably for the better anyway.

[th...]
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

The reversal of your two-day water taper surely will have no noticeable (negative) effects. And you might find that your pills affect you a little more gradually. Which, given what you have written, is probably for the better anyway.

I didnt mean for this thread to be all panic. I am so sorry. I feel so bad. Let me explain.

I live alone with a dog and a cat. I have a house that I have to sell to get to my mom. I cant lose my job or I will lose my home and I cant return home then. They dont have the room for me, but if I sell my house, I can buy a tiny house/camper and live on her land in her yard. There, I wont have the fear of losing my job. Currently, If I lose my job I lose my house and I have no where to go.

This is why I have been so afraid. When I first started my taper in January on the 1mg, I got off it in 3 or 4 weeks which lol we can see why I had a bad go. I was going to lose my job/my life so I reinstated. The thing is, when I started the tapering journey, I had no idea I would have to sell, that I would have financial issues, or that quitting a benzo was crawling out of hell and trying to live through it. I am a small woman. 5 foot 99 pounds. In a way, I am just a scared little girl that doesnt have anyone. 

Living alone during my last wd was beyond dangerous. I almost did something you cant take back. I took a pill said " one more day" called my mom and said I am getting back on. She didnt know the situation on the other line. I hope she never finds out. After that I realized what I was up against. I want a success story.. I feel like I am too far gone. Too kindled. Too broken. I have quit and tapered twice now and reinstated. I have never cut my doses correctly ever because i simply didnt know and my doctor said just half it for a week or so and continue. 

Is there a life after this?

@[PE...] @[Li...] @[Br...] @[...]

Edited by [th...]

1 hour ago, [[t...] said:

@[th...], yes, there is and a good one) I can understand all your doubts and fears. They all have their point and it will hardly be too easy to get to the other side of the wd but i hope by doing it properly, i mean the tapering process, you can avoid most of sharp angles.

I knew almost nothing at the beginning of my taper and "calculated" it myself) It was a nightmare... But i had no choice bc of severe tolerance - couldn't work anyway and was in pain all the time. So just shut my eyes and did it.

I'm really happy now, true! But, sure, i have lots of problems to solve yet. And bc of the toler+withdrawal experience i've realized a simple thing - I really want to live to the full and, actually, enjoy life!) When I go to bed I'm curious and interested in what is going to happen tomorrow and wake up happily in the morning:classic_smile:

Good luck to you with all my heart!

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1

[PE...]
49 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

I didnt mean for this thread to be all panic. I am so sorry. I feel so bad. Let me explain.

I live alone with a dog and a cat. I have a house that I have to sell to get to my mom. I cant lose my job or I will lose my home and I cant return home then. They dont have the room for me, but if I sell my house, I can buy a tiny house/camper and live on her land in her yard. There, I wont have the fear of losing my job. Currently, If I lose my job I lose my house and I have no where to go.

This is why I have been so afraid. When I first started my taper in January on the 1mg, I got off it in 3 or 4 weeks which lol we can see why I had a bad go. I was going to lose my job/my life so I reinstated. The thing is, when I started the tapering journey, I had no idea I would have to sell, that I would have financial issues, or that quitting a benzo was crawling out of hell and trying to live through it. I am a small woman. 5 foot 99 pounds. In a way, I am just a scared little girl that doesnt have anyone. 

Living alone during my last wd was beyond dangerous. I almost did something you cant take back. I took a pill said " one more day" called my mom and said I am getting back on. She didnt know the situation on the other line. I hope she never finds out. After that I realized what I was up against. I want a success story.. I feel like I am too far gone. Too kindled. Too broken. I have quit and tapered twice now and reinstated. I have never cut my doses correctly ever because i simply didnt know and my doctor said just half it for a week or so and continue. 

Yes there is life after this! If we would had talked 7 months or a year ago you wouldn't belive what a freaking mess I was. But we couldn't because I was to sick for being online. I was bedbound or up walking like a broken robot.

You probably will remember this for the rest of your life. Take the chance to learn from it. I mean how many experiences this degree of suffering. 

• Like 1

[th...]

@[...] @[PE...] see I still have to be able to work 12 hours a day to pay 1000.00 mortgage plus alllllll bills. Unless it sells and I can get to my moms, I can’t risk losing my house. I’m in tolerance as you can tell, but I’m a mess either way.. I don’t know what I’m doing and right now as I wait till after seven to dose, I just want to cry. Xanax is so short life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[t...] said:

@[...] @[PE...] see I still have to be able to work 12 hours a day to pay 1000.00 mortgage plus alllllll bills. Unless it sells and I can get to my moms, I can’t risk losing my house. I’m in tolerance as you can tell, but I’m a mess either way.. I don’t know what I’m doing and right now as I wait till after seven to dose, I just want to cry. Xanax is so short life. 

I suggested that you switch to a longer acting benzo?? 

[PE...]

If it was me and have to function I would try to stabilize on a bigger dose long acting.

• Like 1

[th...]
10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If it was me and have to function I would try to stabilize on a bigger dose long acting.

doctor wont do that. She just gave me a heart pill for the rapid heart rate. said I need to find someone. Sent me to a place that does therapy...

[th...]

I dont know where to go from here and still keep my life intact until I can sell my house... 

[PE...]
16 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

I dont know where to go from here and still keep my life intact until I can sell my house... 

Good you got that pill. I have the same for high BP and it also have a bit of a calming effect.

Go with your doctor and wait with the taper thing until your life situation is not as demanding! Just concentrate on mental stability for now. Even if it means you must raise your dose. You getting homeless won't help anything.

[PE...]
26 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

doctor wont do that. She just gave me a heart pill for the rapid heart rate. said I need to find someone. Sent me to a place that does therapy...

Oh she won't give you any long acting?? Why?

[th...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Oh she won't give you any long acting?? Why?

She said that she didnt know anything about benzo or how to cross taper and I told her that I had a site that could help and she said no.