advice on these sleep symptoms please guys

[ad...]

hi everyone so i’m 7 months post jump from quite a high self medicated dose of diaz . 

it hasn’t been easy and iv had so many symptoms throughout the process it’s pretty much been living hell . 

but for the last few weeks to a month iv been having some new symptoms albeit i’m 7 months out now thought id be getting better not worse , so this makes me wonder if this could be another health condition possibly causing this ? 

wanted to know everyone’s thoughts and if they have experienced something similar possibly ? 

so these symptoms are only happening on the onset of sleep like just when i’m drifting from being awake into sleep . then they pretty much last all night .. 

symptoms  

palpitations fast heart rate , heart pounding . 

gastro problems , silent reflux , belching , stomach discomfort . 

nerve / body pains shooting , stabbing , pulsating , this is somtimes just on the left side of my body from head to toe . 

general feeling of discomfort/ unease . 

shortness of breath / air hunger . 

there’s more but these are the most prevalent and happen some nights all the way through to morning . 

has anyone else had this or know what it could possibly be if not withdrawal. 70% of me saying withdrawal but the anxiety it’s causing is just making me think somthing else . 

what i get concerned about mainly is that it’s a heart problem or possibly something neuro , because of the constant heart palpitations these are probably the most uncomfortable out the bunch along with the pains then the silent reflux , 

any advise would be appreciated 

[Bu...]

Hey @[ad...],

I am so sorry for everything that you're dealing with.  I am also 7 months post jump, as of last week.  Your symptoms sound pretty typical of withdrawal, IMO.  I've had some new things pop up, too, recently and some returning of things that I had hoped were gone for good. 

I try to remember that healing is non-linear.  We can be doing well and then be hit with something new or have something come back.  I've also found that the way I experience the healing process can also change.  For several months it seemed like it was a very, very slow, but steady upward climb.  Now it is extreme highs and lows, sometimes changing daily.

I don't think that there is anything wrong, though, with getting things checked out with your doctor, especially if it can give you some peace of mind.  

• Like 2

[ad...]
22 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[ad...],

I am so sorry for everything that you're dealing with.  I am also 7 months post jump, as of last week.  Your symptoms sound pretty typical of withdrawal, IMO.  I've had some new things pop up, too, recently and some returning of things that I had hoped were gone for good. 

I try to remember that healing is non-linear.  We can be doing well and then be hit with something new or have something come back.  I've also found that the way I experience the healing process can also change.  For several months it seemed like it was a very, very slow, but steady upward climb.  Now it is extreme highs and lows, sometimes changing daily.

I don't think that there is anything wrong, though, with getting things checked out with your doctor, especially if it can give you some peace of mind.  

hey thanks for you’re reply , oh your  7 months to i completely agree with everything you said and i am doing better than i was a few months back ! 

as you know it’s just. hard and long process a lot of my symptoms evolve around sleep and it’s just tough because i’m back to work now to and i’m not sleeping great but at this point im used to it ! been nearly a whole year of not sleeping good at this point . 

i have to just remind my self somtimes it’s the withdrawals i think i try to rush my self to feel better at points if that makes sense ! 
i hope it levels out for you soon tho stay strong 

[Bu...]
1 minute ago, [[a...] said:

i think i try to rush my self to feel better at points if that makes sense ! 

@[ad...],  That totally makes sense!  I try to rush it too sometimes, because I just want to be done. :brickwall:  A lot of my stuff revolves around sleep, also.  It's just miserable!  Hopefully we'll both get some relief soon. :mybuddy:

• Like 1

[re...]

If you don't mind me asking what dose did you jump from and how did you taper? This will help other members give you more information and it helps other members possibly in their own tapers. 

[ad...]
Just now, [[r...] said:

If you don't mind me asking what dose did you jump from and how did you taper? This will help other members give you more information and it helps other members possibly in their own tapers. 

hey i should of included that i took very high self medicated doses of diaz , i tapered over the space of 8/9 months cutting down every two weeks , 
i jumped at 0.5 mg that was 7 months back now 

[re...]

What was your starting dose of your taper? High dose is very subjective. 

[ad...]
29 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

What was your starting dose of your taper? High dose is very subjective. 

140 mg , this post is asking for advice not how i tapered .. ? 

[re...]

I understand, but it just helps other people to have a reference point. I know you are suffering, but at a minimum it helps people to understand what NOT to do like jump at a super high dose. I am not trying to be confrontational. It protects others on this site from fear as they are a mess already and when people come in, but don't give their jumping point and a bit more info on other drugs they are on, etc. It can really be a downer and panicky for others trying to do the right thing and taper correctly then hear the horrible symptoms people are having without any history. 

You  seem recreational and the good news is most recreational users seem to heal way quicker for some reason more than the cold turkey therapeutic people. I think there is an antifragility the brain goes through with such high doses and what I have seen is those kind of users seem to do much better as long as they are not poly drugging or drinking with their use as well as when they jump. I think the fact that you are working is HUGE and well on your way to healing if you can hold down a job. It means you have cognitive capabilities so to me that is a great thing.  Big shoutout to you for being able to do that. It is a great sign. 

How is your diet and exercise regimen? 

• Like 1

[no...]

Ive been having this issue as well, right when im about to fall asleep im struck with anxiety over nothing, the palpitations come with that as well for me. im forced to get up and start moving & it usually goes away. then I try to lay down when im feeling tired and sleep again and same thing happens. after about the 3rd time I just call it an all nighter & start my day. im also getting anxiety about laying down, I want to sleep sitting up for some reason 

Edited by [no...]

[PE...]

I was on 150mg diazepam as well. At it's highest anyway, I was cycling from small to large doses.

Your symptoms seems normal to me!! Just keep on keeping on as we say here :)

• Like 2

[ad...]
On 29/03/2024 at 19:50, [[r...] said:

I understand, but it just helps other people to have a reference point. I know you are suffering, but at a minimum it helps people to understand what NOT to do like jump at a super high dose. I am not trying to be confrontational. It protects others on this site from fear as they are a mess already and when people come in, but don't give their jumping point and a bit more info on other drugs they are on, etc. It can really be a downer and panicky for others trying to do the right thing and taper correctly then hear the horrible symptoms people are having without any history. 

You  seem recreational and the good news is most recreational users seem to heal way quicker for some reason more than the cold turkey therapeutic people. I think there is an antifragility the brain goes through with such high doses and what I have seen is those kind of users seem to do much better as long as they are not poly drugging or drinking with their use as well as when they jump. I think the fact that you are working is HUGE and well on your way to healing if you can hold down a job. It means you have cognitive capabilities so to me that is a great thing.  Big shoutout to you for being able to do that. It is a great sign. 

How is your diet and exercise regimen? 

hi sorry iv just seen this that’s perfectly understandable ill make sure i include that info if i post in the future ! 

i took high doses for quite a while near on 5 years so i expected some bad withdrawals i did also drink through my use not to often couple of times a month but somtimes some heavy drinking ! 
my diet is pretty good i try to eat as clean as possibly and iv got back into the gym and swimming the last few weeks but with ehat ever is happening at the moment im unable to go workout , if this is a current wave it’s one of the worst ones yet palpitations all day and night , horrible nerve pains , general dizziness and just don’t feel good at all . 

have to keep it together and remind my self it’s more than likely the withdrawal and not somthing else 

[ad...]
On 29/03/2024 at 19:54, [[n...] said:

Ive been having this issue as well, right when im about to fall asleep im struck with anxiety over nothing, the palpitations come with that as well for me. im forced to get up and start moving & it usually goes away. then I try to lay down when im feeling tired and sleep again and same thing happens. after about the 3rd time I just call it an all nighter & start my day. im also getting anxiety about laying down, I want to sleep sitting up for some reason 

hi sorry if just seen this , sounds similar to what’s happening with me if i sit up the symptoms / feelings tend to subside  

slightly it’s rough hopefully we start feeling better soon the last few nights for me have been terrible iv nearly took my self to the hospital , because of the constant palpitations and nerve pains throughout my body , and when i lay down to sleep it’s almost like i start hallucinating! 

how far out are you from your last dose ? 

[Rh...]

I too have weird symptoms when I’m trying to fall asleep.  I get this rush in my brain and it then wakes me up with a start and causes heart palps, GI issues, and like a shock goes through my body. It happens right when I’m trying to drift off to sleep.  Many times I also get a headache and my ears feel full of pressure too.  This can happen anywhere from a few times to all night long over and over.

so weird and like you, I freak out that it’s something other than WD.  I did jump almost 9 months ago but from an antidepressant (previously tapered off valium over 4 years ago).  I tapered off my AD very slowly over 3 years till I reached zero, so these intense symptoms kind of surprised me.

Edited by [Rh...]
Spelling errors

[re...]

I think it is all normal what you are experiencing. Try (if at all possible) if you can not to go to the hospital as all they are gonna do is make you worse give you a bunch of terrible head meds (with benzos included) and put the withdrawal back on you as they will protect the drugs at any cost. It is their modus operandi. they are useless in this. Hospitals are stressful places and it is the last place you wanna be in this. Are you seeing a regular doctor right now?

It is great you are trying to swim at least. I would try and force myself to exercise if I was you. Sometimes I am so sick and feeling flu-like, headaches, floaters, buzzing, muscle strains,  heart pains, etc and when I exercise i feel horrible at first directly after and into it for some time, but then something happens and I feel great later for some reason. I don't understand what it is. 

[ad...]
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I too have weird symptoms when I’m trying to fall asleep.  I get this rush in my brain and it then wakes me up with a start and causes heart palps, GI issues, and like a shock goes through my body. It happens right when I’m trying to drift off to sleep.  Many times I also get a headache and my ears feel full of pressure too.  This can happen anywhere from a few times to all night long over and over.

so weird and like you, I freak out that it’s something other than WD.  I did jump almost 9 months ago but from an antidepressant (previously tapered off valium over 4 years ago).  I tapered off my AD very slowly over 3 years till I reached zero, so these intense symptoms kind of surprised me.

yeah that sounds very similar to what i experience when falling asleep literally exactly the same . 
very annoying but not much can be done i guess we must wait till where healed . 

how was your with drawl form diazepam ? 

so are your current symptoms from the anti depressant withdrawal ? 

Edited by [ad...]

[ad...]
1 hour ago, [[r...] said:

I think it is all normal what you are experiencing. Try (if at all possible) if you can not to go to the hospital as all they are gonna do is make you worse give you a bunch of terrible head meds (with benzos included) and put the withdrawal back on you as they will protect the drugs at any cost. It is their modus operandi. they are useless in this. Hospitals are stressful places and it is the last place you wanna be in this. Are you seeing a regular doctor right now?

It is great you are trying to swim at least. I would try and force myself to exercise if I was you. Sometimes I am so sick and feeling flu-like, headaches, floaters, buzzing, muscle strains,  heart pains, etc and when I exercise i feel horrible at first directly after and into it for some time, but then something happens and I feel great later for some reason. I don't understand what it is. 

i’m from the UK so they don’t really give out meds that easy in the ER but they also arnt clued up with withdrawal and would just do tests and send me on my way , i would leave the hospital as like a last resort just somtimes how i feel i start to panic it could be something serious but then i usually always level out ! i have my GP iv had some tests recently ECG for heart and ordered some blood tests etc . also more recently had a chest xray and brain CT scan and they was normal so that’s reassuring 

yeah thats true i actually pushed my self today and went gym even tho i didn’t feel good it does help alot 

[re...]

Yes yes. Push yourself to move. It is so weird, but it will help long term. It won't be a quick fix, but more of a lifestyle choice that will help you heal faster. That is awesome your tests came out ok. That will put your mind at ease. I so wish the medical community would recognize withdrawal more. It is weird because Ashton was from the UK so they should really be on top of this stuff yet from what I have heard the UK is just as bad with withdrawal recognition. So sad. 

[Rh...]
57 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

yeah that sounds very similar to what i experience when falling asleep literally exactly the same . 
very annoying but not much can be done i guess we must wait till where healed . 

how was your with drawl form diazepam ? 

so are your current symptoms from the anti depressant withdrawal ? 

My WD from diazepam was bad…that’s why they put me on the antidepressant. Big mistake, but I was so sick.

my withdrawal now I think is from my AD but similar symptoms.

[ad...]
1 hour ago, [[r...] said:

Yes yes. Push yourself to move. It is so weird, but it will help long term. It won't be a quick fix, but more of a lifestyle choice that will help you heal faster. That is awesome your tests came out ok. That will put your mind at ease. I so wish the medical community would recognize withdrawal more. It is weird because Ashton was from the UK so they should really be on top of this stuff yet from what I have heard the UK is just as bad with withdrawal recognition. So sad. 

honestly i spoke to so many professionals some of them some high end doctors and none of them had a clue it’s terrible they should be trained further on withdrawals of all kind ! 

but yes thank you ill keep up the exercising thanks for your replies I appreciate them 

[ad...]
Posted (edited)
On 30/03/2024 at 12:16, [[P...] said:

I was on 150mg diazepam as well. At it's highest anyway, I was cycling from small to large doses.

Your symptoms seems normal to me!! Just keep on keeping on as we say here :)

Hey, sorry mate, just seen this I’ve not met no one else on the high amount of diaz  like I was how has your withdrawal been ?

Edited by [ad...]
  • Like 1

[ad...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

My WD from diazepam was bad…that’s why they put me on the antidepressant. Big mistake, but I was so sick.

my withdrawal now I think is from my AD but similar symptoms.

the AD is just somthing else  that messed up the body / receptors and CNS hopefully you get better soon 🙏

how long did your diaz withdrawal last an till you felt better ? 

[PE...]
10 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

Hey, sorry mate, just seen this I’ve not met no one else on the high amount of diaz  like I was how has your withdrawal been ?

Hi!

It was really bad. But came to reason after some time. Last dose 6 month ago and getting better.

[re...]

Yes doctors in the issues of nervous system problems from their lovely neurotoxins never even enter their big pharma influenced minds. It is shocking to me that in 2024 there is not more support from....ahem....... PROFESSIONALS. I think THEY are the ones with mental problems for being so obtuse and looking the other way when drugs (any drug, not just head drugs) do harm. 

The fact that you are trying to work and somewhat doing that is amazing to me and it should be reassurance that you are doing better than you realize. So many have been literally unable to bathe themselves and walk from these sick medications. You should be well on your way in time I feel. 

[ad...]
56 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi!

It was really bad. But came to reason after some time. Last dose 6 month ago and getting better.

that’s good to hear i’m 7 months out and i am better but keep hitting waves that are pretty rough , do you still have symptoms now ? 

• Like 1