Important Survey - Please Participate ×

advice on these sleep symptoms please guys

[ad...]
6 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Yes doctors in the issues of nervous system problems from their lovely neurotoxins never even enter their big pharma influenced minds. It is shocking to me that in 2024 there is not more support from....ahem....... PROFESSIONALS. I think THEY are the ones with mental problems for being so obtuse and looking the other way when drugs (any drug, not just head drugs) do harm. 

The fact that you are trying to work and somewhat doing that is amazing to me and it should be reassurance that you are doing better than you realize. So many have been literally unable to bathe themselves and walk from these sick medications. You should be well on your way in time I feel. 

i completely agree it’s disgusting really that they give these meds out and don’t even know the harm they cause 

thanks so much iv only been back to work the last month and half’s it’s been a struggle at points but iv been able to do it , previous months i couldn’t work because of my symptoms / how i felt so definitely a step in the right direction . 

how are you currently doing ? 

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

that’s good to hear i’m 7 months out and i am better but keep hitting waves that are pretty rough , do you still have symptoms now ? 

Symptoms are down to some morning anxiety and tension. Sometimes headache in the morning before coffee. Some overall unpleasant(ness). But all in all I'm much better then in acute.

[re...]

Yup these docs need to be given these meds and taken off super fast like they do to everyone else and then tell them it must be their underlying anxiety disorder. Then and only then would it all change instantly.

Thanks for asking. I am still functional although lots of weird symptoms like numb lips, roof of mouth, twitching, etc. Hypnic jerks (worse one) I am still ok considering I am down to fumes of valium at this point (1.12 mg). I have been doing a microtaper from 4 mg down since June. Been tough, but not impossible, still sleeping although a bit weird like tons of REM vivid dream sleep and once in awhile a nice relaxing refreshing sleep. It is amazing the power such a small pill can have on the nervous system. 

I am so glad to hear you are working now. You seem like more of a recreational type user which to me means you are gonna heal way way better than someone therapeutic. It seems the super high dose users seem to end up way better than the low dose therapeutic users. Just my observation. Like the shock that those doses have on the brain makes it also stronger in the end it seems. 

• Like 2

[Ch...]
7 hours ago, [[r...] said:

glad to hear you are working now. You seem like more of a recreational type user which to me means you are gonna heal way way better than someone therapeutic. It seems the super high dose users seem to end up way better than the low dose therapeutic users. Just my observation. Like the shock that those doses have on the brain makes it also stronger in the end it seems

Holy crap… this reality scares me.  Because I’ve seen this in many cases.  At this point, my dose isn’t therapeutic (at least I don’t feel it).  But it was started 10 years ago for sleep.  Started at 2mg at 18.  I’m 28 and now some how over the chaotic years ended up on .5 for the last two years.  You’re right, I read a lot of stories about high dose users like this healing faster and having less of a time. I hope he heals fast🍀

[re...]

Chickadee: 

What is your current dose and what benzo are you on? How are you doing?

[Rh...]
On 03/04/2024 at 11:50, [[a...] said:

the AD is just somthing else  that messed up the body / receptors and CNS hopefully you get better soon 🙏

how long did your diaz withdrawal last an till you felt better ? 

It’s hard to tell how long it took to feel better because I had the AD on board by the time I came completely off valium.  I will say I felt symptomatic even on my mirt (My AD) for a long time, but now that I’m off that, the true WD’s have hit.

[Ch...]
On 04/04/2024 at 14:31, [[r...] said:

Chickadee: 

What is your current dose and what benzo are you on? How are you doing?

@[re...]My current dose is .5mg Klonopin.  I am just now stabilized after a cold turkey in November.  I’ve cold turkeyed off of multiple psych meds over the last 10 plus years.  Looking back, I was placed on psych meds WHILE I was in withdrawal from Cymbalta in 2015.  That started the process.  As each new medication caused more issues, I would stop them cold turkey.  Including Klonopin.  I thought I was losing my mind and was mental.  In November I finally connected the dots.   Over the last two years I’d been relentlessly chasing relief from what I thought was extreme anxiety from trauma, work stress, family drama, hormones, etc.  It was actually from me very ignorantly taking .25 some nights, skipping doses, taking .5, taking .25, taking even less than .25, then .5 (I would do it based on whether or not I’d had acupuncture or not or thought I could get through).  For a couple of months I was taking closer to .5mg After getting COVID as it seemed to wreak havoc on my emotional state, then I started biting it in half again (and losing my mind again).  Developed severe monophobia and thought it was “childhood trauma” resurfacing.  Developed severe kidney pain.  Thought it was burn out from Covid and work, hormones etc.  So because I didn’t know I was in withdrawal, I was going to quit my job and move in with friends to lessen the load and take some time to recover from life.  That’s when I cold turkeyed.  And that’s when sh*t hit the fan.  Then I got on google and found benzo withdrawal.  It took me 4 months to stabilize, before stabilizing I was planning my departure from this earth and even went to follow through.  Severe, severe SI.  Before it got to that, I hesitated but started a dose of 12.5mg Zoloft daily.  It saved my life.  

but now, I am stuck on .5mg. Idk what to do.  I lost my families support during that time, they’re the “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” family. I have ONE friend who is letting me stay with him to stabilize, he understands this situation.  And says he is willing to support me in my taper/help me taper.  However, he’s also my ex.  It’s been awkward, imagining tapering while he’s dating, risk of being kicked out if I become “too much” as we already sort of get on each others nerves.  He’s having surgery in July that will put him out 6 weeks.  I want to do a slow, easy taper but obviously there’s no guarantee it will be easy and I have developed a low tolerance to depression and stress at this point (opposite of how I was before).  I’m scared if I started tapering slowly, I’d get sick, depressed, it would drag out, he’d get sick of me.  Also terrified to do a rapid taper.  But my personality is “get it over with” especially while you have SOME support.  During my previous rapid taper and cold turkey situation, I was put on short term disability.  Then they cut my insurance and all benefits, and reduced my hours to part time… I have my apartment still, by the grace of god, my rent is being taken care of.  But I’m scared to go home alone, I know I for sure can’t taper alone.  During this, my tendency to avoid eating during stress had gotten out of hand and I was down to 95 lbs with so much hair loss and potassium deficiency, etc.  my ex has brought me back to life with food.  It’s just an awkward situation.  For him especially.  

I’m sorry. That was long.  

god. I don’t know what to do.  
if I rapid taper, I risk being super harmed and take longer to heal. Then never get back into my apartment any time soon.  And possibly burn out my ex.  
If I slow taper, it drags out the tension between us, and could potentially lead to just as much damage as a rapid taper anyways? 

its 2:45am and it’s all I can think about.  I don’t want to lose my life, or my future.  The stakes are so high. 

Edited by [Ch...]

[re...]

Chickadee: 

Are you still on the zoloft? Do not for a minute underestimate the power of tapering effects while on another medicine. If you are on that zoloft. I would NOT rapid taper at all the klonopin. You may have to go super slow IMO just because of that SSRI. SSRI is a powerful medicine, i would have to say from what I have seen just as powerful or even more than a benzo. I understand this is a benzo site. But SSRI's have their own sort of hell so while you are trying to taper the Klonopin that Zoloft may start to interact and try and take up the slack for the Klonopin being less in your system. Please consider going slow off the benzo if you have other things you are on as well. 

You have been poly drugged and CT.d throughout so please consider doing at least a 15 month taper minimum. I mean maybe being on an antidepressent will HELP you to be able to go faster. But I would do a microtaper and take out say .05 first cut and hold for a month to see how you tolerate that. 

Life can be lived medication free. Just look at Angie Peacock and all the others that were on multiple poisons that went through it and are now ok. 

Edited by [re...]

[ad...]
On 04/04/2024 at 06:28, [[C...] said:

Holy crap… this reality scares me.  Because I’ve seen this in many cases.  At this point, my dose isn’t therapeutic (at least I don’t feel it).  But it was started 10 years ago for sleep.  Started at 2mg at 18.  I’m 28 and now some how over the chaotic years ended up on .5 for the last two years.  You’re right, I read a lot of stories about high dose users like this healing faster and having less of a time. I hope he heals fast🍀

hey just see this it’s interesting that this could be a reality albeit i was on super high doses for years 140 mg plus’s most days ! 
but i’m able to function 7 months out back in the gym back to work etc , 
in still far from better tho but i guess im going in the right direction . 

so your still on 0.5 mg for sleep if i read that right ? 

@[ad...] That sounds almost exactly like my withdrawal (from an AD though, but w/d can be quite similar). So yes, that is probably withdrawal.

I don't really have any good advice. Because the AD w/d was what landed me on a Z-drug, and I reinstated the AD. 

I just wanted to confirm that yes,  it is probably withdrawal, not an illness.

[Ch...]
On 08/04/2024 at 09:47, [[a...] said:

so your still on 0.5 mg for sleep if i read that right ? 

That’s amazing you’re functioning and working.

Yes I’m on .5mg Klonopin nightly.  😭